main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still that’s my point. She was not ready for the trials even when she was kicked out of the order.

MandaloreRex2015 and MandoArtist like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Who's to say whether or not those trials would've been adjusted because the training period was shortened?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Doesn't Ahsoka demonstrate that she wasn't fit to be a Jedi Knight when she walks away from the Order? She acts out of emotion and forgoes her dedication to the Jedi when she returns her Padawan beads to Anakin and turns her back on the Temple. At the end, Ahsoka Tano didn't want to be a Jedi Knight. She sticks to that decision a decade and a half later. Ahsoka would never have been made a Jedi Knight, because if they offered it to her, she would have still refused and walked away.

It's the same reason that Ezra isn't fit to be a Jedi. He let his attachment to Lothal guide his actions. Because of his decision, the Rebel Alliance has no Jedi left by the time of Scarif. When it comes to being a Jedi, Ezra Bridger is unworthy because he clung to his attachments and acted out of emotion. That's not the Jedi Way.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    that's stretching things. A lot. By your logic, Ezra was responsible for Kanan's death, which is a fallacy. Kanan, like the rest, volunteered to follow Ezra to Lothal. If Ezra owned land on Lothal and was fighting for a selfish desire to retain his property from the Empire, sure, you could make the argument that his attachments guided his actions. But that's not what it was about. Ezra wanted to help his people and his planet. He was acting selflessly, not selfishly. The Empire was evil, oppressing the people and destroying the planet for its resources. Ezra got rid of this evil from his planet, not for himself, but for others. In the end, he sacrificed himself for it. Even If he did have a selfish motive he disregarded it to accomplish the mission.
    As for acting out of emotion, The Jedi are not robots. Even Jedi Masters acted out of emotion from time to time (look at Obi Wan and his Mandalore infiltration, solely for Satine) - so that argument is irrelevant.
    Ahsoka is a different case. She chose not to be a Jedi Knight, or a Jedi at all, so it's all irrelevant.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You wonder where Ahsoka picked up that attitude. Anakin himself would've done the exact same thing if he hadn't already become a Knight back then if he knew then what he knows now.

6. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  7. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Ya know wherever Ezra took Thrawn:confused: I just hope he FINISHED HIM OFF[face_frustrated] & at least the rebellion didn't have to deal with HIM anymore during the original trilogy!;)

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra is far to squeamish to actually kill an enemy that isn't faceless.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

podjazd and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    So if all the stormtroopers would have removed their helmets, Ezra would be screwed?

kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, yes. Ezra has shown he can't kill an enemy when they're staring right at him in fear. See the fight with Seventh Sister on Malachor.

podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  11. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well however it ended, as I said at least the rebels didn't have to deal with Thrawn anymore during the original trilogy ya know!

12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Realistically within the show's universe, I don't think Ezra would hesitate to deal with Stormtroopers simply because they removed their helmets.

I saw the whole Seventh Sister scenario being due to her being defenceless. Ezra would've basically executed her if he killed her then.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I've been working on a fan edit of the battle of Scarrif and I'm trying to find a clever way to incorporate Hera and the Ghost into it. Question: Is there a scene in Rebels where Hera says "This is pheonix leader, standing by" or something similar? I've watched the entire series but I don't remember her having that line.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Ezra couldn't bring himself to kill Thrawn either. The boy is far too moral to take a life when that person is staring at him with a face and not a helmet. It didn't happen once on the show.

15. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I agree with you that Ezra would hesitate to kill someone without a helmet. (It would have made for an interesting moment of conflict) It's easier to fight and kill when you don't have to see the consequences of your actions.

I found it strange though how Ezra seemed to go out of his way not to kill Thrawn on the bridge during the finale. There might be a reason why he didn't finish off Thrawn there. For all we know the Force showed him that no matter what would happen, Thrawn needed to survive.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Vialco likes this.
  16. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Especially if only taking the Rebels show by itself, it is very odd to let Thrawn live. He has never done anything (in front of the Ghost crew) that would hint at him having redeeming features. Yes, he let them go a couple of times in Season 3 but they can't know that (and he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart).
    Even when he tries to shoot Ezra (his aim is only marginally better than that of a stormtrooper), he only geta pushed back in return.

I can make things up in my head-cannon but would have appreciated a tiny snippet of maybe a force vision or other explanation as to why Ezra was determined to keep him alive.

Otherwise it looks very much like a convenient way to put both characters "on ice" until they might be needed again.

(Having said that, I am thrilled Thrawn was not killed off!)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JH24 likes this.
  17. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I got the impression Ezra already knew he wouldn't be able to return to his family any time soon. He likely knew more than he let on. It's possible that during the trilogy Ezra, Thrawn and the surviving Imperials have their own adventures and missions in some unknown part of space.

But that's just my own head-canon. And that makes it so fun, until we know more, we can all create our own idea's and theories on what might have happened.

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I really hope they don't just drop that story and pick up 4 years later like nothing happened, or worse - not continue the story of Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine and Ahsoka at all. That very well might happen if the next animated show has nothing to do with the Rebels characters.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    RaptorMusic and JH24 like this.
  19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well apparently Ahsoka went back to Malachor and decided to chill out in the Temple for five years before deciding to leave go find Ezra.

fett 4 likes this.
  20. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    If they continue this story then I can't shake the feeling it will be in book form. Possibly a third Thrawn novel? Chronologically that would make sense. We can still see things from Thrawn's perspective, but like they did with Pryce they could switch between other characters like for example Ezra or Sabine.

I understand what you mean, but to be fair we don't know yet what happened in those years. It's possible the Force directed her toward a different path or quest. Maybe it was the will of the Force the time wasn't right to go and find Ezra.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Ezra is a Jedi, and Jedi are not suppose to kill or harm their opponents unless absolutely necessary. That is why I think Ezra did not kill that many Imperials, because he is a good person deep down, but when he was tempted by the dark side we saw him kill quite a few people. I get that they wanted a bit less violence oos because it is a kids show, but it still makes perfect sense in universe too.

Ichor_Razor likes this.
  22. Rennzwerg

Mar 26, 2017
    Well, in that case he should have come up with a better plan than "let's lure all the Imperials and Imperial affiliates into the Dome and then blow it up".

He has always killed tons of Imperials without a second thought if it suited the story. I don't take it too seriously, though, as Rebels is an animated show with very shory episodes, so there is no time for elaborate details (as compared to a book for example).

Ezra is the good guy, he wants to do what is best for Lothal. We are supposed to root for him and not worry about the number of (faceless) Imperials he leaves in his wake.

Kind of reminded me of James Bond "Goldeneye", where our hero gunned down scores and scores of Russians and nobody worried if that wasn't perhaps slightly excessive.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I noticed that as well. While I understood why Ezra came up with this plan I still felt uneasy about it. (Like those Imperials they locked up in the storage, they never had a chance to escape) I'm sure there were thousands of Imperials inside that dome.

On the other hand, time was running out. Ezra knew his plan would never work if Thrawn was able to resume his command over Lothal. He also had those visions and likely knew he would have to leave his family soon. Although he didn't seem to know the events leading to that moment. (Judging by his shocked and surprised reaction the Force never showed him Thrawn would bombard Lothal. And I don't think Ezra had expected Thrawn to go that far)

Despite the severity of his plan, I can understand why he came up with it as it was his last chance to free the people of Lothal from the Empire.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 and kalzeth like this.
  24. Rennzwerg

Mar 26, 2017
    I have to be honest, I thought the destroy-the-dome-plan was a step too far. This was not the Death Star, about to blast Yavin IV into smithereens, or in any way or form self-defence. It was a blatant act of terrorism, no matter what the motivation or justification. The facility was in lockdown, there would have been civilian contractors on it. And while I normally try not to look at Rebels' storyline too closely, this - to me - was just wrong. It put all of Lothal at risk. Obviously it was Thrawn who pulled the trigger on the bombardment (whether ordered by Palpatine or not) but Ezra's plan left the door wide open for retaliation.

It was something Saw Guerrera would do. Not Ezra.

And if the story group hadn't had such a fairytale ending for the show in mind, it could have all been for nothing with Vader's fleet showing up and flattening the place.

I could get my head-canon to somehow justify it but I don't want to.

Surely there must have been some other way they could have made this work.
    (Although after such a display Ezra and Thrawn should be much more closely aligned than either realised...)

Argh, I am doing it again, I am overanalyzing Rebels...

MrDarth0, Vialco and JH24 like this.
  25. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Sorry I haven't quoted your entire post, but you've worded it very well.

I feel the same way. It felt unlike Ezra. Although I admit the circumstances were different from what they were before and I can understand his reasoning. For me personally, the dome does classify as a military target; it's the symbol of the oppression of Lothal.

I try not to think as much about it either, but Ezra's actions would indeed leave Lothal open for retaliation. Of course, the Purgill were his ace in the hole and the solution to completely remove the Empire's presence. (I assume the ships in the blockade were pulled into Hyperspace, otherwise Ezra might be responsible for at least 100.000-150.000 deaths that day, not counting the two Destroyers that got torn apart on Lothal, which makes another 20.000-40.000 deaths?)

They were incredibly lucky the Empire got distracted soon after.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    MandaloreRex2015 and Rennzwerg like this.