main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Rebels Sequel Series Rumored for (clears throat)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Krueger, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004

Are these guys legit?

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't really go by youtube posts for sources of information but, dangit, we need the "We gotta find Ezra and Thrawn" Ahsoka n' Sabine show. With, I dunno, Babu Frik and Baby Yoda tagging along in the crew.

3. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    naw there not nothing on youtube is legit

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Not heard of anything regarding this, looks like clickbait.

Daneira and Vialco like this.
  5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i'll believe when i see it cause Resistance was announced april 26, 2018, six weeks after rebels ended and rebels was announced on May 13, 2013, 2 months after TCW season 5 ended on CN. so if there is a new series, we wont here about it until a month or two after resistance ended.

Voltron64 and Vialco like this.
  6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Dave Filoni most likely wants to answer the questions by all us fans who want Ezra back. (And Thrawn for Thrawn lovers).

7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    This mods will probably close this thread, but...

Yeah I’m inclined to believe something like this is coming. There have been similar rumblings going around for the past few weeks, and Rebels ended on too much of a cliffhanger to never be addressed again.

teamhansolo and Vialco like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope the animation is similar to Rebels.

Amon_Amarth and CernStormrunner like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm going to tentatively allow it to stay up, because I believe this chap leaked some other things that were valid. Kenobi etc.

Shrug.

Oh yes, where was my squee.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It’s worth noting that the only reason why I linked to this is because the Twitter account of Discussing Film also posted it. They are a legit source that don't post things willy-nilly from anywhere. The fact that they thought this was worthy of reporting on lends it some credence, IMO.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    All I ask for is... Wedge vs Thrawn.

starfish likes this.
  12. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I want it to be true. Please be true.

Minor TROS spoilers below open at your own risk.
    wonder if Ezra and Ashoka have something to do with why Palps is so beat up/ stuck on life support. Maybe they’ll pull another concept from Dark Empire and do some sabotage on his clone bodies

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Do you guys remember the movie "Enemy Mine" from 1985. That's what I want for Ezra / Thrawn in Season 1. Meanwhile, Sabine and Ahsoka will be doing their own separate thing. They all meet in the season 1 finale.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I imagine we'll learn something at Celebration in August, or after Clone Wars Season 7 ends.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Other rumours abound of a NJO series, a Thrawn movie, and the KotoR era generally so there's a lot of grains of salt to be taken.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So they go to the love planet with Zeb and Kallus too?

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Similar. It'll be called Endogol, right next to Exogol.

BigAl6ft6 and JediFett10 like this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The rumour/report also stated that the animation was getting a bump up from what Rebels had. I’ll be curious to see what this ends up looking like and if they keep the same design asthetic or not.

Krueger likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i just heard of this rumor and this might be legit. We know Filoni has teased this with his Ashoka art as Gandalf the white, her and Sabine in what looks like snowy mountains. I i'm not surprised this is happenning, I always thought it would. Resistance seems like a between show that we got while waiting for this. Ashoka and Sabine will no doubts be the leads of this show. I wonder how the Ashoka and Sabine relationship will look like. They haven't really interacted in Rebels. This might be in the same timeline as Mandalorian, trying to find Ezra and has spent years trying to find him. Ezra is probaly now with the chiss and Thrawn. I see them not finding them until the finale of the first season or at least half the season. I think we may see the Grysk here as a foil to Thrawn to fight and the jedi join forces with him. We may see the origin of the first order here too. I wonder if this and the rumored Dr. Aphra show will be connected or if Dr. Aphra will simply be major player in this show. I can See we see Luke and how he meets with Ashoka in here. I think this show will be more like the Clone Wars series that Jason talked about some time ago before, with it's ploting of politics and war. The budget and art seems to be closer to what Clone wars season 7 will have.

20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    We’ll probably get Clone Wars animation for future projects

Isn’t Rebels animation scaled back budget wise?

21. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    We know from the Thrawn books that hyperspace navigation in the UR is impossible without a force sensitive. But the Chimera has Ezra. Obviously he’s not going to navigate Thrawn back to the known galaxy. But he did see the future in the WBW, I imagine there is something specific he needs to do out in the UR, and he needs someone with Thrawns tactical acumen to help him do it.

what that could be. I don’t know.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I mean, LFL has the animation pipeline going again for CW S7 and Resistance (although Resistance's style looks different from Rebels and CW) but if they're focused on making CW style animation again for D+ it seems odd they'd just stop after 12 episodes, CWS7 may be a trail run for whatever the next animated (and probably D+ exclusive) show will be. Personally, I just think Resistance was canned because Disney wants SW animation to be D+ exclusives.

JediFett10 likes this.
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It’d fill the void of original content that Disney + has right now, and since it’s sort of the main event for Disney right now I could see them throwing a hell of a lot more into its budget than Rebels got. Couple that with the MSW rumours from ages back that said the show would be closer in scale to TCW...

Regardless, I just hope that the series has more interesting antagonists than the Grysk. I love Zahn, but they’re slap dash stock villains and even Commander Pyre from Resistance has more personality.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The villains will probaly be the Grysk, the first order, maybe some chiss, other evil threaths.

JediFett10 and Iron_lord like this.
  25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t see the Grysk realistically being used. They seem like side creations made up by Zahn to give Thrawn and the Empire enemies to fight that aren’t Rebels. And given that they haven’t even been mentioned anywhere else in canon, I can’t imagine that they’re a big deal outside of those novels.