main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Star Wars Rebels sequel series (rumors)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Strilo , Jul 13, 2020.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Apologies for my bad memory but was the Bad Batch leak that KTR scooped even that accurate?

I'm probably misremembering but didn't they originally say that the show would be about Rex and Ahsoka's post TCW adventures and that the Bad Batch would be part of the recurring cast?

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    no they said the main cast was bad batch and Rex and Ahsoka could cameo in this show.

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Corey has already changed his tune on this show before, 8 months ago he reported that Rebels 2 would be out this November, now that we're approaching the month and with no announcements it's suddenly next year that we're getting it.

Shamear likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the clone wars popularity could chnage and bad batch goes first. lets see how right they are about season 2 of mando and if any announcement of the Ahsoka and Cara Dune show comes to light by end of season 2. We will now if they are still legit. But other trusted sources have said they haven't heard about it since january and then it was still being made.

5. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    One of their Season 2 leaks have already been proven wrong, they said that there would be a trailer and it was delayed because Lucasfilm had shot a trailer exclusive scene featuring Ahsoka fighting bounty hunters in a cantina. We've had trailers and special looks now and where's the scene?

I'm just not really a fan of their brand of ''scooping/leaking/BS'' or whatever you call it, I guess. When they tease a date and that something star related will happen and then when it doesn't they go ''Oh but we never said the exact words that something was gonna drop'' ;):rolleyes: or my favorite from Noah when he blamed the Lucasfilm marketing team for not dropping info during a earnings call after he was proven wrong [face_laugh]

Shamear likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

It seems the rebels sequel might be in live action with Ahsoka, Sabine and Thrawn with Ezra. And it might already be underway.

black_saber likes this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I want Zeb in live-action.

my kind of scum likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Zeb and Kallud a true love story. Fallen Order gave us almost live action lasat.

9. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Has there ever been a Lasat in live action?

10. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Not live action, but funny enough I just started playing Jedi: Fallen Order tonight. The game has a "realistic" graphics style and there is a Lasat Jedi Master in flashbacks:

[​IMG]

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Your in for a fun ride

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope that this is done either in live action or animation. So much possibilities.

13. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    There is pretty strong speculation that a canon 'version' of Heir to the Empire (or whole Thrawn Trilogy, for that matter) may be in the works.

Which parts of the now Legends story do you think are the best candidates to be included? (Just fun speculation at this point....)

Here's a small list of things I think could be included with very little retooling:

-Clone Troopers. It seems at this point that most of the factions of the Imperial Remnant (including the FO here) are involved in some kind of research involving cloning. I could easily see Thrawn repurposing the parts of the research that are working to his ends. One could assume if they've taken their midichlorian infusion cloning research to the point of physical experiments that they would have figured out cloning 'normal' people. Also, maybe Kylo Ren's comment about a clone army was not just a directed insult, but an actual policy argument that was ongoing...

-The Katana Fleet. With Thrawn lost in some strange part of space, it's pretty doable to have him come across a long-lost fleet.

-Karrde. Someone like him existing in the Outer Rim is perfectly plausible at this point. His well-known second-in-command would be a harder inclusion, though.

-The Noghri, and their backstory. As Rukh will obviously not be part of anything moving forward, he'd have to be omitted; but his inclusion in Rebels already points to their existence.

-Novel uses of cloaking tech; especially the siege of Coruscant (planet would likely change, though). Not only was this a great highlight of his genius, plot points from another current series (the Expanse) are very much in line with this...

That's a quick list, I'm sure I could come up with others....anyone?

black_saber likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And here I thought the Rebels sequel would be animated in TCW-style and that the first season was already done....

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't believe every single unconfirmed rumor out there?

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Only if it comes from KRT. Here, they're citing Daniel Richtman. On the whole, he's pretty reliable.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My point still stands. People were quick to believe that previous rumor, and now the same people will believe the new one.

The new "rumor" (or easy-to-guess idea) does sound more likely, but I think I'll choose to wait until official confirmation before I get my hopes up.

Krueger likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    True, but the source of that previous rumor was much murkier. We were going solely on KRT's word. This time, it comes from Richtman, who's been very reliable, in my estimation. So KRT really has nothing to do with it this time, and their credibility is irrelevant. I also won't get my hopes up, but I think there's a good chance of it happening. Feels about as likely as the Rosario Tano rumor, when it first started circulating.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Grey Matter likes this.
  18. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    We have a sequel series... The Mandalorian Season 2 [face_whistling]

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Literally 2 characters showed up and 1 made perfect sense

20. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And they didn't start in Rebels. :-B

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct so if you wanna be snarky you can say it’s a sequel to TCW

People also called Rebels a sequel to TCW

22. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Who thinks this is getting announced either just after the big Disney investor call on the 10th or the season finale of The Mandalorian in a couple of weeks?

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get an announcement soon.

23. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Daniel Richtman aka DanielRPK has never made a legit Star Wars scoop, he might be legit when it comes to DC and Marvel scoops but I don't follow that leak community. DanielRPK has been doing this for years, if he is to be believed we should be getting a Darth Bane show, KOTOR show, a KOR show etc etc.

People on r/starwarsleaks are even urging the mods to blacklist his ''scoops'' he is a fraud.

24. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Even if it hasn't been outright confirmed yet (...tomorrow, hopefully? [face_batting]), this is probably the upcoming Star Wars project I'm the most excited for.

I'd love to see them explore the political landscape after the fall of the Empire, and to learn more about the New Republic in general. Perhaps it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoy the politics in Star Wars and would welcome more of it.

my kind of scum and Kole like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Tomorrow is the investors call?