main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Star Wars Rebels sequel series (rumors)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Strilo , Jul 13, 2020.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t think they invented the Rebels sequel rumors (although at the time it seemed like a pretty easy bet to get right). I think they probably did have someone who told them that. Whoever that was though is obviously not legit and now they’re backtracking and making excuses for why that didn’t plan out the way they said it would instead of just admitting that they were wrong.

2. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Thing about this is, Ahsoka is a limited series, so it may well be something other than Finding Ezra -- that story, after all, would probably not be titled just after Ahsoka, with Sabine as a co-lead. I almost wonder if the Rebels sequel has just been delayed with the Ahsoka series being more focused on something else, even possibly elsewhere on the timeline. Her escaping from Malachor near the end of the Galactic Civil War is one possibility with a lot of potential.

3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    why would you need more than a limited series to find Ezra though?

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The end of Rebels set up a search for Ezra. The last we saw of Ezra he was with Thrawn and now Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn in The Mandalorian. It’s not hard to connect the dots there. And Ahsoka isn’t just a limited series. It’s connected to both The Mandalorian and Rangers of the New Republic which all are building towards some kind of climactic event: Thrawn.

5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, of course, you wouldn't, specifically, but I'd be sure the idea for a "Rebels sequel" would be an intended three, four or five season show in the mold of the original show, and to me it always felt like a pretty big tale that needed time to breathe. But it doesn't have to be, you're right.

In any case, that story still doesn't seem like one that would be called "Ahsoka". It feels more like the Avengers of the Filoni-Favreau subcanon. But that's just me.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I saw something today on the stupendous wave youtube site that said the possible sequel series was cancelled. Quite frankly there was never a confirmation that there was ever going to be a sequel to Rebels so the cancellation of a rumor that was never made official is fine by me. What I will say is that I like the push for live action instead of an animated series. I think Bad Batch will cover a certain area which is fine by me, but the Erza and Thrawn I rather see in live action. Not that animation would not be great its just that we have already gotten Rebels and felt that was good, but moving forward live action is the way to go.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Could it be a Captain Rex and his squad of Rebel Commandos conducting sabotage, reconnaissance
    and other special operations missions?

8. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    God just no please no!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Shamear likes this.