main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe they'll finally show Dantooine base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Manga, the only place where Ezra's hair makes sense.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    He grew on me, but I kind of feel that he was also a valuable member of the team as the Thief / Lockpick. Once he started down the Jedi path he stopped doing that so much

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Been rewatching a bunch of Rebels on Disney+ and really watching almost all of Season 1 again without skipping many (only 3 eps) because it's actually pretty great throughout, only really the TIE stolen episode 3 is kind of a clunker, but the back stretch from Empire Day onward is actually uniformly solid.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If it's only the sight in the eye, that was lost with the injury, and it's that which is meant by him losing an eye, rather than the whole eyeball being destroyed, then references to his "scorched retinas, plural" or him "closing his eyes", rather than "eye" can be handwaved. Even a person with one blind eye might still have eyelids over it to close and open over the damaged but still present eyeball.

Earlier, a point is specifically made of how he'd lost an eye.

Coruscant Nights I: Twilight:

page 5

Those who knew him respected the diminutive humanoid for his fierce courage and fighting skills, as well they should. Had he not defeated the Red Iago terrorist Myk'chur Zug, at the cost of an eye? Had he not survived the battle of Geonosis, and fought many a battle for the Republic in the Clone Wars?

page 22

Before Even could shield or even close his eyes, the sphere dissolved in a blinding burst of actinic light that washed away the world.
    The stormtroopers were wearing polarized lenses as part of their headgear. The light didn't dazzle them at all. They could see Even, and he could see nothing but the glare of his scorched retinas.

page 25

Master Piell's eyelids flickered open. He focused on Nick's face. "Rostu?" he croaked. "Is that you?"

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Now I need to find a reference to Piell having no eyeball in his eye socket.

kalzeth and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    How terrible is Kanan's haircut in "Jedi Night?" The short sides and back would be fine if not for the mullet part.

Just... blech.

IG: @jedisufism

Alpha-Red likes this.
  8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Well, he did do it himself, with a knife, while blind. It's not the style I would have chosen, but under the circumstances it could have ended up a lot worse.

BigAl6ft6 and Daneira like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While we're in the season of the Hairing of Grievances, I'd like to voice my strong dislike of the Short Black Crewcut that both Ezra and Sabine sported in the later episodes. Really horrible, on both of them. It makes them look like they have small heads, and quite frankly it's just plain blah. I mean this is coming from someone whose favorite characters are mostly bald, so it's not a lack of hair I dislike in general. But on certain people, the Short Black Crewcut (or Short Crewcut in general) just looks wrong. It's so boring. I liked Ezra's longish disheveled hair and literally everything else Sabine did with her hair. Now they just look like poor imitations of Thrawn. Like why in the world would you style your hair similarly to that of your arch nemesis? I just don't get it.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If, in whatever follow up series comes out, we see Ezra adopt headwear favoured by certain members of the Trade Federation and Banking Clan, well you wouldn’t hear me complain. In fact you’d hear my cheers from the arctic circle.

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    As a choice made by the creators, it so incredibly terrible to take a character that had an iconic look throughout the series and abruptly give him this garbage haircut and a shave as if it's supposed to be significant in some way with no real explanation.

12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Opinions about the quality of the haircut aside, this page may offer some insight as to whether or not Kanan's haircut held "significance" for the character.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I feel like for the audience, the haircut comes out of nowhere, we've never seen it before, we have no idea what it's supposed to mean...it just looks weird and unnecessary. If the writers wanted us to know it was significant, then they probably should've included some flashback where Kanan has that hairstyle.

Dawud786 likes this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well I take that as a commission.

[​IMG]

Re: the subject of hair -- I do think Kanan's crummy hair choice was deliberate on the part of the show's creators. Just like I think Sabine's was, for likely a similar reason. There was something of a "sterilization" going on with those looks. Ezra was also probably meant to be similar so he could look more "grown up", but... he just looked blah without the hair. But again, I think that's exactly what happened to the other characters. And it was probably deliberate, this hair sterilization.

Daneira and SyndicThrass like this.
  15. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The effect would have been without the weird mullet had he just shaved and cut the pony tail. Instead he gets a more dopey haircut than he had as a Padawan.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I can't say I really get the mentality that something can only have significance if it's a back-reference to something prior. We don't need a backstory for a haircut.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Plus are we forgetting the part where Hera straight up says she hates the haircut? He wasn't cutting his hair for his debut at the Jedi-utante ball, it was, as stated, for symbolic reasons, and by a blind man- it's half the point that the cut didn't turn out well.

18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm okay well, scratch that then.

I'm still pissed that Kanan and Hera decided to make sweet-talk to each other instead of running for their lives. Escape now, hug later indeed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Mandalorian Civil War in three consumable parts with no commercials and smooth edits where the commercial breaks were. Great watch from beginning to end. (I do not miss "bumbling Ezra".)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I'm sure that Kanan knew his end was near and wanted to tell her before he died

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I watched a whole bunch of Rebels before TROS and the show is still great, I think now I like it more than Clone Wars, just a smidge but when things got heavy and real in Rebels it really had an impact. As for the Erza hair debate, honestly looking at how his hair is alive like a hive of snakes or Medusa in S1-2 (seriously, it never stops moving even when he isn't moving, it's really weird) I'll take the crew cut anytime.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Dawud786 likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Its his name now.

Alpha-Red and Dawud786 like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You realise everyone who has ever called Chopper 'Cedric' has died? It's a worse serial killer track record than Discworld's Librarian responding to people calling him 'monkey'.

And there's never any evidence... Ever.

Grievousdude likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012