main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the original leak was nonsense but I have to acknowledge the apparent connections this "Kessel Run Transmissions Network" has. They've been interviewing multiple Lucasfilm Animation affiliates in the wake of the Clone Wars finale, including the Kiners, James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    You mean one animator who said Lucasfilm Animation is still going strong? That's not saying "a Rebels sequel is going to have Clone Wars-style animation".

And is Kessel Run Transmissions actually a reliable source? Has anything they reported actually panned out yet?

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well will see.

Granted if Rise of Skywalker taught me anything is that.....The rumors are probably true.

Vialco likes this.
  4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Except all the ones that weren't true because they came from spurious sources rather than reliable ones.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well they did say that if they got this wrong they'll never do anything like this again...so...at least their humble in that regards.

But I sorta trust these guys.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So, someone did a re-watch of Rebels and they brought up something interesting.

Rebels introduces Hyperspace tracking. The Empire in one episode has a very crude form of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was being developed by the Empire around that time- it's one of the technologies they cycle through on Scarif looking for the Death Star plans in Rogue One.

It's likely that the episode in question was being developed around the time RO & TLJ were in production/development, allowing them to seed the idea. Much like how they were able to insert a Kylo-style lightsaber cameo into the season 2 finale of Rebels as a nod towards TFA.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Xammer likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know but I find it interesting that idea went back as far as Rebels and then appeared in both Rogue One and Last Jedi years later.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Which episode of Rebels was it? The production timeframes (versus release date) likely align between the projects.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm not sure, all I know it's a Season 1 episode because the person in question only saw Season 1. I think it may be like part of the Empire Day episode...I'm not sure, all I know it's a season 1 Episode.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2020
  11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    That was because the Grand Inquisitor launched a tracking device onto the hull of the Ghost before it jumped to hyperspace.

The First Order created a means of tracking them without a tracking device by calculating the most accurate place the Resistance Fleet went to after D'Qar. (Not that the Resistance knew that the moment they showed up and it's not like Finn went straight to Holdo and told her how the First Order found them).

Ventrix, BigAl6ft6 and Daneira like this.
  12. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Whenever I click on this thread and it takes me to the first page instead of to the most recent page, I'm consistently shocked at how young Dave looks in this thumbnail.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  13. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I just watched that video, Pablo Hidalgo somehow looks older then than he does now. Also, in 2013, Simon Kinberg was the hot flashy Hollywood guy working on a new Star Wars film that nothing ever happened with. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I remember one of the early things about Rebels history was Greg Weismen being also a big player in Rebels, that never seemed to go anywhere apparently.

In the end it was a Filoni show through threw and threw.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2020
    CernStormrunner likes this.
  15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Calculating a ship's destination is supposed to be possible, per Vader's line in ESB. And if ships still need to travel along known hyperlanes, then that makes those calculations easier. The only way I can see hyperspace tracking as being something new is if it's some kind of really long-range "hyperspace radar" that lets you see everything moving through hyperspace around you for thousands of light-years.

Fin McCool likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Does the internet have a theory yet about Pablo being a Sith lord and sucking the life from his coworkers? If not, now's a good time. I mean Leland Chee all but disappeared. Pretty sure that's a clue.

mnjedi, Vialco, Nom von Anor and 7 others like this.
  17. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Leland, if you’re out there, come home. We miss you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    kalzeth and CernStormrunner like this.
  18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    So, seven years later, I’ve finally gotten around to catching up on the Star Wars TV-verse. Rebels was okay—it definitely improved as it went on (I almost gave up during season 1 because it was awful.) The show definitely benefited from the introduction of Thrawn in season 3, though his voice took some getting used to (I envisioned a much different voice back when I read the old EU books). It also had a very emotionally resonant and appropriate ending.

And yes, the Ahsoka vs. Vader throwdown at the end of season 2 was very much worth the wait for me. :p

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Twilight of the Apprentice is nigh-mandatory Star Wars viewing, especially after the Clone Wars series finale as they really compliment each other. But everyone should watch it anyway, even random strangers on the street.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that single episode is now pretty vital to the transformation of Anakin into Vader and elevating Luke's importance within the saga. Though it does require some healthy amount of setup via TCW due to the Maul and Mandalore through-lines.

Slater and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That would explain where Andi Gutierrez disappeared to.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I would think that would have more to do with the pandemic and sudden loss of event/show planning needed in what was slotted for the build-up to C10.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Slater likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

24. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Right. The method Vader is referring to seems to be inferential; what hyperspace tracking seems to create, like you allude it, is a more direct method.

Sarge likes this.
  25. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    For some reason I have the feeling that Thrawn and Ezra were taken to Exegol. It's the only planet in the unknown regions that would strike an immediate recognition with the audience, rather than some brand new world where they'll need a couple of episodes to explain its importance in a sequel show.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020