main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - Rebels

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, May 26, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    For those who haven't heard, now that The Clone Wars show is winding down, Lucasfilm is now going to be doing a new animation show called Star Wars - Rebels. It is set to debut on the Disney XD in the Fall 2014 and will take place between Ep. 3 and 4.
    Awesome!

Full announcement here: http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

"The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point."

I'm optimistic that the show will be great as Dave Filoni is one of the executive producers. They will be drawing on Ralph McQuarrie's concept art as visual inspiration for the show.

Dare I say it...Yippee!!

FanForced likes this.
  2. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I'm very excited by this news. Dave's involvement alone makes me hopeful. The Clone Wars far surpassed my expectations. But the maker of Disney's Gargoyles too? That was an amazing show.

I can't wait to see some footage for Rebels.

It's gonna rock!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I haven't kept up with reading all the info, but just based on the bits and pieces I have heard I am cautiously optimistic. Fall 2014 is a long time away, though.

4. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    Anything Star Wars is Cool to me!

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Did anybody catch Greg Weisman at Denver Comic Con? Did he mention anything about the show?

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer Dave Filoni pulled back the curtain on Lucasfilm's highly anticipated animated series for Star Wars Celebration Europe attendees today, discussing the huge influence of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie on the look and feel of the show, and revealing the series' unique logo and select designs.

Filoni talked at length about the use of McQuarrie art as a springboard for the series, showcasing many works from the original trilogy, including landscapes and characters, and detailing how they inform the visual identity of Star Wars Rebels.

More: http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...ars-rebels-logo-art-and-details-revealed.html

7. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    Does anyone remember Star Wars Detours? What happened to that?Will we see Star Wars Rebels?

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    It was canned along with Clone Wars, Episode II & III in 3D, 1313, & LucasArts creating games. While not officially "cancelled", it was not mentioned between the Disney announcement and the Clone Wars announcement. They only stated " Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense. As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date." I read that as cancelled, as I can't see them putting all that work on the shelf, only to come back in 8-10 years after episode IX.

9. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I haven't really like Clone Wars since the second season. It got way too political for me (not enough action with things blowing up and limbs flying through the air, that sort of thing). I wasn't a big fan of Gargoyles either (animation was too chunky for me and way too much dialogue). Filoni pulling something out of his hat from the McQuarrie art book isn't really that exciting for me. Can't the guy just leave great art alone? I just can't see a good story with this at all (maybe some nice animated McQuarrie art, that's about all). Someday I'll just buy McQuarrie's 100 pound $1000 book and just marvel at that instead...

10. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    At the end of CEII party, Steve S.associate was handing out hand full of button pins with the rebel ship logo. I'll hand out some when I'm able to make it to the next meeting.

DieWompRatDie and nnaydolem like this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm totally stoked to see this show! The concept art for the show looks great and based on the awesomeness that was Clone Wars, I have full faith in Filoni to make this an incredible show.
    Color me a fanboy!

nnaydolem likes this.
  12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    New Rebels teaser just aired on Disney XD

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Looking forward to it!

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

15. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Nice little sneak peak into the tone of the show.

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Get to the choppa!

I'm still cautiously optimistic about the show. Looks like the animation style will be similar to the Clone Wars, which I'm okay with. I'm excited for when they show animated star destroyers, tie fighters and rebel ships. Let's do this!

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Two new teaser clips that show actual animation from the show. I'm getting more excited for this! It's original trilogy era...how could you, as a Star Wars fan, not watch this?

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers. I love them all. DH is working on a decal as we type.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

You know you want to watch it.
    Apparently there will be a longer trailer on Sunday sometime.

20. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    OMGeekness! OMGeekness! I saw "Spark of the Rebellion" this morning! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My Star Wars Excite-o Meter went OFF THE SCALE!!!!

So Cool! So StarWarsy Fun! So Cool to see The Empire as the Bad Guys again. Great Beginning Characters, great diversity of characters and interesting to see the holo-warning that Kenobi leaves at the Temple at the end of ROTS. WOW! Sign Me On! A New Hope Indeed!

could you tell I am ecstatic! [face_love]

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    gra-co_o_hun, yeah we can tell. ;)

I'm also very impressed by the show and this is just the pilot! Knowing Dave Filoni and crew it will only get better from here! I'm a big fan of the Ezra/Kanan dynamic. Lots of great potential there and the characters play off each other very well.

For those interested, they'll be replaying the pilot/movie "Spark of Rebellion" on October 26th on ABC...with a new scene with our favorite baddie, Darth Vader, voiced by none other than James Earl Jones!

And you can download the next episode for free via iTunes that has R2-D2 and C-3PO in it. Spoilers!

22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    When can I do that JT?!!!

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

If you're talking about the iTunes episode of Rebels, it's there now! Go get er'!

24. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Oooooo… oooooo. oooooooo! Thanks Buddeh!

25. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    ohmaaaa... ohmaaaaa... OHMYGEEKNESS!!!! That Ep was so goooooood! They had the shuttle pilot from The Original Star Tours! Paul Reubens even reprised the voice, at least I think he did the original. WOW! Hats off to Mr. Filoni and Crew. I just can't wait to see what's next!!!

nnaydolem likes this.