main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2018.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Preview images.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It's just a beautiful-looking show. That's hard to deny.

3. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    podjazd likes this.
  4. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I presume No Escape is the season finale. Interesting that they're not doing it as just an hour installment.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    On another site, it’s listed as the season finale. So that’s confirmed.

6. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Well, it sure feels like we're back to TFA. Plot questions galore.

How did Maz get Anakin's saber? She just did, apparently.
    How did Poe get from Jakku to D'qar after crashing? He just did, apparently.
    etc... but now!
    How did Poe get on the Colossus to reclaim BB8? He just did, apparently.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And so it begins... :D

Bor Mullet and smudger9 like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope they don’t kill off Poe on Jakku!

11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    They couldn't do it IU, they couldn't do it OOU... but maybe, just maybe if it's animated...

12. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Maybe this has been stated somewhere before, but why is there no official New Republic presence on the Colossus or even periodic visits from New Republic personnel? I was hoping we would see a little more from the New Republic, but I guess Kaz's X-Wing and uniform in the first episode is all we get.

13. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Yeah, no kidding! I thought it'd be fun if Kaz's squadron from the premiere came to the Colossus for fuel or repairs and they run into Kaz, who has to try harder to keep his identity a secret... sigh. Oh well. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's just an independent fueling station/race course on the outskirts of known space. The Republic's reach isn't as great as the Old Republic's, so it's likely Castilon is an independent system, hence why it's so easy for the First Order to exert its influence over it.

15. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    It's such a pity that the Aces are so underutilized

Maybe once we get into season 2 and we start getting into the First Order trying to conquer planets, they'll do more

Or it'll be an end of Rebels situation where everyone fears a counterattack for stopping the First Order, but they're too busy slowly chasing after the Resistance to spare a fleet or eight to destroy the Colossus

16. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I dunno, I kind of feel like we got a bait and switch with that second trailer, with all the aces and who voices them, etc. The trailer made it seem like that was the focus of the show, when in reality they are simply a side-plot, at best. I mean, that blonde lady has barely been in the show at all, even when the aces are featured. With only 5-ish episodes left, I don't think we'll see much more of them than we already have.

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I went in expecting a Star Wars racing show. Speed Racer in Pod Racers the series. That didn't seem very exciting. So a lack of racing was a pleasant surprise when the series started. I kept waiting for that shoe to drop. But it looks like the show may never go into full on racing mode. Not if the Starkiller Base attack is about to happen. This show might be going to war.

Bor Mullet and Darth Kickass like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I’m also glad that racing is not a central part of the show. Spying is more interesting.

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    love the preview. So much tension in the air on the Colossus. Interesting that Aunt Z is staunch Anti-First Order. They must be disrupting her business. Also interesting to see The First Order doing actual security/police work rather than being a looming threat, it does kind of make you sympathize with the average stormtrooper even if we know their faction is about to commit a holocaust against the New Republic home system. All that in a few measly minutes, this episode could be great.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sounds like Aunt Z opposes them on principle rather than because they are hurting her business.

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I would imagine Aunt Z remembers how the Empire was back in the day. So she probably doesn't see much of a difference between them.

indydefense likes this.
  23. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Tam has to say after Starkiller Base destroys the New Republic. So far she has seemed to justify the First Order's actions. I can't imagine she will support them after that, but I guess we will know soon.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Synopses for the last few episodes.
    Sunday, March 3
    Star Wars Resistance “Descent”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EST)

With secrets exposed, Yeager’s crew must evade relentless troopers hunting them down and find a way to reach the Resistance.

Sunday, March 10

Star Wars Resistance “No Escape, Part 1”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EDT)

Kaz, Neeku, Torra devise a plan to free their friends, but it’s upended when Kaz bears witness to the full might of the First Order.

Sunday, March 17
    Star Wars Resistance “No Escape, Part 2”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EDT)

With Neeku’s help, Kaz comes up with a risky plan to rid the Colossus of the First Order once and for all.

25. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    OH ****, CALL ME FAZON, 'CAUSE I'M HYPED!