main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2018.

1. Darryl Cooper

Darryl Cooper Jedi Padawan

Feb 9, 2017
    Frustratingly, DisneyXD UK has decided to not show the midseason finale episode and begin the break with the last episode being 'Secrets and Holograms'.....I don't know why

2. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I've been waiting to start watching this one until the season was over. However, I have been reading the synopses and keeping up with the general plot. I'll probably watch them all now that it's on hiatus, so I can binge it. Sounds like it's getting better as it goes along.

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'd wager that binging would be good. Getting the first three episodes at once was quite nice, I'd assume that a three (or so) hour block would be some nice immersive world-building, as long as the tone is to your liking.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    apparently the only person who lost their job over the Brett Kavanaugh hearings is Rachel Butera. Her and Billy Bush should go get a drink.

Wrenegade and cwustudent like this.
  5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I posted this in the latest episode thread but it contains some general thoughts on the series as a whole so it may work here as well.

Watching Star Wars Resistance right now with one of my kids who is quite young and the Kaz and BB8 antics and physical comedy are some of her favorite parts at present.

They were very clear from the start that this was going to be more of a gateway to Star Wars kind of show aimed at some of the youngest ages that any Star Wars show has aimed at in a long time.

There’s enough lore expansion and prequel-style tie ins to ST character beats now and eye candy for me to enjoy this every morning but it’s aimed more at my kids than me overall. It feels closer to the bed time stories I read to them in the Star Wars universe that are also focused on children.

Star Wars Resistance spoilers follow...

I thought the voice acting for Leia was acceptable. I liked the tie-in to the weapons-related mining and the FO’s engineering ability to build bases into large rocks with resources. I like how they aligned themselves with organized crime and pirates to seem like the protection against them from those formally loyal to the Empire who survived or thrived after the war ended and who still see some value in troopers and the old way of doing things. The FO seems to be presented mostly as a bunch of wannabes in universe who provide security right now while dressed like the old guard. They come off in universe now more like those militia members in the States in the Tea Party who reanact Wars if those guys also offered security at protests dressed in controversial gear of the past. Which feels almost like something that could happen.

I enjoyed seeing more of Poe’s risk-averse, assertive personality come out in a timeline prior to the ST and hope that continues for him in other materials so that kids who watch and read stuff from this timeline in the years ahead find the ST more in character to the Poe they’ve seen, rather than all of the older fans who were angry that Poe wasn’t who they thought he should be. The mining for weapons also fits nicely into Rose Tico’s backstory and the episode showed how the Senate is reluctant to react to perceived threats with military actions following the rise of Palpatine’s Empire decades ago.

In the PT era the people allowed a totalitarian regime to rise out of fear and sacrificed their rights and freedoms before realizing how badly both are needed for democracy. Now, this era’s people aren’t reacting to signs of threats seriously enough and have likely gone too far the other way where it’s now difficult to protect the public due to gridlock around constitutional risks. The message is clear: balance is needed not only from the force users and their plot but also in how all of us react to threats that make us fearful. Whether those fears stem from threat of physical harm or from threat of a constitutional risk. We must think rationally and weigh the risks and find common ground for modern threats. It can’t be one or the other. There must be a balanced way forward.

MercenaryAce and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I watched the last episode on syndication so I'm not sure if there was anything mentioned in the premier; but is the show now on break for awhile? And if so, for how long?

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep, it's on a short break until January 13.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ah ok. It's cool that the show is taking a break off a high note.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    right lads, been away from forums and fandom for ages and only seen the first two episodes of resistance. I found it only alright, but will it probably grow on me as time passes?

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Just watched Resistance for the first time. Don't get what all the hate's about, I actually thought it was pretty solid, and I don't even like the film it's based around - The Force Awakens - lol.

Jamie1001 and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    New promo.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Second half of the season looks good. Looks like a ton of action.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

GENERAL HUGS

podjazd, BigAl6ft6, Snafu55 and 3 others like this.
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Guess the General Hux speech in TFA was kinda like Palpatine's Order 66 speech and transmitted to all the FO soldiers across the galaxy, to start their offensive.

15. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Wow....just WOW! That was even better than I expected! I was kind of expecting the First Order spy to be revealed (or at the very least, hinted at), but oh well.

Snafu55 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There is some really good stuff in that trailer. The Hux speech was legitimately terrifying from that vantage point. Excited to be going beyond TFA already. This show is serving the ST like TCW served the PT, I think. Adding substance to an otherwise thin veneer of a world.

17. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I haven’t been too active here recently but I have been following this show and man it’s been fun so far. I’m absolutely in love with Resistance and the characters and it looks like things are about to get even better. Can’t wait!

Snafu55 likes this.
  18. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Good breakdown :

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    MercenaryAce and Snafu55 like this.
  19. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    This trailer is fabulous, and I'm hella hyped for this show's return.

Though I have been enjoying this series quite a bit. The first half of the season was a pleasant surprise, and this looks genuinely exciting. Can't wait to see it cross over with The Force Awakens. Interested to see how certain events will affect Kaz. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Bor Mullet, Ody_Mandrell and Snafu55 like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    haven't seen the trailer but if Hugs is giving his speech that is right immediately afterwards Hosnian Prime gets toasted so depends which ep this lands on.

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    This is clearly the real Hux that is to be feared, not that Hugs character in TLJ.

22. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Don't Start ITS THE SAME CHARACTER

revan772 likes this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I didn't start it. His name is Hux, not Hugs. It is a fact that Hux is made to look the weak fool in TLJ. In TFA and here in this trailer, as should be, Hux is a threat to be taken seriously, not a joke.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    revan772 likes this.
  24. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    its a joke laugh. don't take life so serious that 13 months ur still going on about a joke in a movie. Theres more serious things to worry about. Hux being called hugs isn't one of them.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I could say the same to you. "It is just a bad movie. Why after 13 months are you still defending it? There are more important things that actually need defending in life" , but that would be silly so I won't. You have the right to defend a bad movie and a terrible joke if you want to.

revan772 and cwustudent like this.