main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 8, 2019.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Celebration's this week, and the Resistance panel is next Monday at 1:30 pm CDT, so time to start speculating.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I wish there was a way to get me hype but not reveal where they exit hyperspace. I want to remain surprised... but I do not have enough self control to not read every detail and analyze every trailer...

Either way, I am hoping for something that gets me super pumped to come back. Not necessarily a main sequel character, but maybe a character we have not seen in a while or cool location or something fun.

JH24 likes this.
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I almost forgot about Resistance. I hope we get a new trailer soon.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Please don't double post or necro-bump.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  6. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Shriv and Neeku need to interact.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So When are we getting a trailer to the resistance, in june?

8. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    My best guess would be during the San Diego Comic Con in mid-July or D23 expo in August.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I would hope by then. When did the last season end? March? Half a year between seasons seems a bit much, presuming it premiers in September.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    So, how do you guys think Kaz will reunite with Poe and the rest of the Resistance? Or will he? We're probably still towards the end of TFA, so it won't be for a few episodes at least (the rest of TFA, TLJ, issues 26-31 of the Poe comics still have to happen, after all).

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I can't imagine that Poe will be a regular in the show; as he wasn't in the first season. Regarding the rest of the Resistance; that might be more of a stretch. It would be kind of a shock if Rey and/or Finn get involved, because I was under the impression that this was supposed to be Kaz' story.

12. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I know, and I don't dispute that. It's just that Rebels was supposed to be Ezra's story, and yet characters from the Clone Wars and the Original Trilogy showed up every other episode. So, I'm running on the assumption that Resistance will not be that different.

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Honestly, I kinda hope Kaz might even go back to try to talk the New Republic into scrambling forces together, he's away from the Resistance during the ST movies. That'd be cool, I'd love to see those brand-spankin'-new NR craft, even in an animated show.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's not really true. The TCW and OT characters that showed up in Rebels were few and far in-between. Ahsoka and the clones had maybe a few episodes/arcs of which they were a part of, but being in "every other episode" of the entire series is an exaggeration. Leia showed up in a single episode, right? Lando in two if I'm not mistaken. The only reason Bo-Katan and the Mandalorians from TCW were involved was because of Sabine.

15. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I'm not just talking about major characters like Leia and Lando (and yes, Lando only appeared in two episodes). I'm also talking about characters like Bail, Mon Mothma, General Dodonna, Wedge, R2D2...

I went to Rebel's IMDB page and did a tally of how many appearances the minor characters from the OT:
    Bail- 6
    Mon- 5
    R2- 2
    C-3PO- 1
    Dodonna- 4
    Obi-Wan- 1
    Leia- 1 (I know she, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Lando are major characters, but I added them anyway)
    Lando- 2
    Wedge- 5
    Tarkin- 6
    Vader- 7
    Palpatine- 4
    Yoda- 2

As for the TCW characters:
    Saw- 4
    Maul- 4
    Bo- 2
    Rex- 20
    Ahsoka- 12
    Hondo- 6
    Cham- 2

Some of the characters are in the same episode, so putting that into consideration, the OT/TCW characters are in a grand total 51 out of 75 episodes. So, it does seem like they appear every other episode.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing that was easy to do in Rebels was using the same voice actors from TCW and carrying them over into the newer series. It's a little different in the ST era; considering it's the first animated series taking place then and unless you can get the likes of Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Adam Driver to commit to a full season of new episodes, you'll likely need to replace them with other actors, and that would just be weird.

17. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I would imagine, the show will pass the events of TLJ early on and run concurrent with the events of Rise of Skywalker and eventually pass that too later in the season.

18. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Unless somehow TROS doesn't end the First Order/Resistance conflict, I can't see them going past that film's timeframe.

Wrinty and cwustudent like this.
  19. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    That's a cool idea, actually. And I imagined Kaz finding a small group of Hosnian System survivors, who are Partisans out to get the First Order for destroying their home. They won't join the Resistance, 'cause they believe the Resistance failed them. Kaz is torn but wants to prove them wrong.

Well, the first season covers 6 months and there's a one-year gap between TLJ and TROS, so that's two seasons right there.

cwustudent likes this.
  20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I mean, that would only be 1 less season than Rebels. I can totally see Resistance having 3 total seasons.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Did Disney show a Resistance trailer at D23 in 2018? I googled and Youtube has the First Look Trailer on August 17th and the trailer on August 20th. If we do get it at D23, maybe it'll be on the 24th during the panel below?

The Walt Disney Studios Presentation – 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 24

Fans can get a behind-the-scenes look at upcoming films from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, as well as a look at live-action projects from Disney, Marvel Studios, and Star Wars. Attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances and more.

Otherwise, I did more research, and Season 1 comes out on DVD on the August 20th, so maybe we'll get some Season 2 news on or before then so Disney can promote that everyone buys/watches Season 1 before Season 2 premieres this fall.

22. MCAdventureCity

MCAdventureCity Jedi Knight

Sep 8, 2015
  23. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    From Entertainment Weekly:
    Is season 2 going to have a shorter run then? Or just a positive spin on it?

24. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Consider me hyped. I like the amount of 'new' I'm seeing in this trailer. I think this season will be an excellent bridge for whatever happens between Ep VIII and IX.

KyleKartan and cwustudent like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018