main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Tam's pretty okay with Honsian system getting toasted then? I'd figure that would be one of the thing to give her pause but she has to know by now. (they were a tad busy in the finale there)

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I get the feeling she doesn't know.

vncredleader, Senator Wan and Wrinty like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Possible but getting somewhat dicey inasmuch that she's already been assigned quarters and so forth. Like if we hit the Battle of Crait and she would know by then definitely.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I would assume the FO is pretty good at keeping information from their troops if they want too.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That's possible too. But remember in the penultimate episode of S1 they literally broadcast Hux's crazy-pants speech to Stomtroopers on the Colossus and showed the entire system getting smoked in a hologram so I would assume the knowledge is out there in the First Order. Of course, she is a green cadet brought off the boat (literally!) so maybe nobody is telling her anything. So she either doesn't know yet or she does and isn't saying anything.

I think ultimately, Tam will turn against the First Order but like late in the season, last 3 episodes or something, so she is definitely going to go through a few revelations, Honsian may be one of them.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Senator Wan and Wrinty like this.
  6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Okay, so am I a complete idiot in some way, or is this season of Resistance not going up on Amazon the way the last one did?

7. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    "A Quick Salvage Run" Preview

Why I Feel like Rucklin gonna die by The Resistance or Kaz somehow and that makes Tamara Fully side the first order?

8. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I really don't see how that can happen since she appears to not really care for him all that much. I'm sure she would feel bad if he died or something but not enough to steel herself to want side with the FO all the way.

9. Gantarat

Gantarat Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 19, 2019
    I imagine the situations that Tam almost get shot and Rucklin or Tierney come to Protect her.

Wrinty likes this.
  10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Leia wasn't exactly reduced to a ball of tears and weeping after Alderaan. Onscreen she's tough and driven, focused entirely on the fight. We see more mourning from Luke for Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru and Obi-Wan than we do from Leia for her family, friends and entire homeworld.

IG: @jedisufism

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Um, yeah, that's my point.

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    We don't see Leia's reaction in the movie, the scene just ends, but it was heard in the radio drama. Leia's pain, and her anger towards Tarkin made it a far more realistic and emotional scene. That part should be canon.

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I do recall in the Leia 5 part comic that she did do something for Alderaan right after they blew up the Death Star so I like her taking action when she had the chance to.

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I got an error trying to access S2E2 on the DisneyNow app. Thankfully, at home, I was able to find it available onDemand.

If you don't have onDemand with your cable provider, I noticed the episode is also airing at DisneyXD @ 6 PM EST so you don't have to wait until 10 PM to watch it when it airs then.

As for the episode itself, I have nothing positive to say on the episode so I'll wait to see what others think.

15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I thought it was decent enough.
    Nice to see D'Qar and the aftermath of the battle. This series has really been helping expand the sequel era, if only just by letting us see certain characters and locations a bit more. The Dreadnought's remains were a nice touch. The pirate stuff was daft, but sure. And Ace Squadron actually serving as a starfighter squad was neat.

The reveal of Kaz's father seemed...oddly-timed. Other than him warning Kaz away from D'Qar, it didn't seem like it fit in the episode, and it didn't have any real impact. Being saved for later in the series, of course, but odd to introduce the idea there only to immediately ignore it.

Tam's story's one of the most interesting things this season.

16. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    Is anyone else still getting the 503 error on DisneyNOW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yep. Have tried multiple devices and browsers. Still haven't been able to watch it.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Me either.

19. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    same. Really sad, was excited.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Anyone else think Kaz's dad message was a bit SUSPICIOUS!!!!....Something tells me Papa Xiono might be hiding something.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    my sneaking suspicion is that he may be a FO sympathizer... which would have some devastating implications since his son is in the NR Navy..

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Still not letting me watch the episode.

my kind of scum likes this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here a fun note: Star Wars Resistance WILL be on Disney + during the launch....Which is great since maybe it will get a even wider audience like TCW did.

Senator Wan and JediFett10 like this.
  24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Hopefully that means each week's episode will go up on there since Disney Now has been a bit of a mess lately.

Senator Wan and vncredleader like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    favourite line in the episode when Neeku asks what pirates do and the one enthusiastically responds "Pillage and plunder, mostly!"

Mostly, I was super happy to see this synch up with the events of Last Jedi now (past TFA officially) and I am now really hoping we hear about Leia's Crait distress call (seems likely since they were talking about Poe). I will say, in an episode last season they were tossing around Coaxium pretty willy nilly (a vial of it was just sitting on the guy's desk in the office out in the open) which kind of threw me for a loop but here it's back to being very slowly moved and potentially deadly explodey. I guess it has to do with refined and unrfedined or something cuz in Solo it looked like Han was terifed that Vos was going to blow them up when he started waving it around. I guess, like lightspeed, the explosive potential of coaxium is set to the speed of plot.

TiniTinyTony and vncredleader like this.