main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    • interesting that they just have Rucklin there, no big reveal nor starting with an explanation
    • yeah wow did Doza not tell Aunt Z to stop selling stuff? eh probably did they all decided "bleep that"
    • I like that since Kaz trusting Synara did legit work out, that does kinda make his trusting nature understandable
    • good/bad to see Tam is really committed to this
    • love the imagery, the burnt fighters and the sorta intact ones.
    • Oh nice, when the synopsis said disabled FO ship, I did not expect it to be the Fulminatrix
    • This really does feel like these eps are supposed to be a two-parter, what with the Aces joining in now
    • cool that Torra brings up that while they can fight, they really are racers first

On the whole, really good ep. Using the wreckage as a storytelling device was great, and it managed to continue them being just barely keeping it together, while still having good action and intensity.

2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Loved this episode. The space scenes were really well done and there was an unexpected level of tension (especially considering you knew that the "good guys" would win in the end) which was really excellent pacing/framing.

Wrinty and Supreme Leader Woke like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

An interesting little theory I just heard while listening to a podcast.

Agent Tieryny plan for Tam is to keep her one foot in the FO but also one foot on the Colussus (Metpaphorically speaking) the convo between her and Pyre is sorta, Pyre wants his Tie-Fighter pilot recruit. Tierny wants someone who may EVERY now and then slip...just a little....contact Kaz or recieve a transmission from Kaz and by having that, when they lose the Colossus location...BANG...they can find it.

It’s like Tierny might want a “Quasi-Double Agent” not in a literal sense but as sorta a link to the Colossus as a way to track it. Every time Tam slips or Kaz or someone from the colossus tries to contact her and she gets it...Then the hunt can go back on.

Because honestly why does Tierny want Tam? Does she honestly care about having her as a pilot? Not the vibe i get right now...Though a pilot will be nice, she has bigger plans for her.

If you wanna here the actual theory check out this podcast: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2019/10/the-kazuda-kast-quick-salvage-run.html

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
    Outsourced and Wrinty like this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Star Wars explained posted some pics from the episode

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The conversation between Tierny and Pyre semi reminds me of the conversation between the Imperial Officer and Vader from ANH. As we know Vader's plan is to extract information from Leia using the mind probe. When that fails, he uses her as bait against the wishes of Tarkin to have her terminated.

Imperial Officer: [to Vader] Holding her is dangerous. If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the rebellion in the Senate.
    Darth Vader: I have traced the Rebel spies to her. Now she is my only link to finding their secret base.
    Imperial Officer: She'll die before she'll tell you anything.
    Darth Vader: Leave that to me.
    I see something very similar happening as the podcast and you allude to. Tam is walking the line where she's 75% FO and 25% Resistance right now. By the end of the series, I think she'll be swayed back to the good side.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if she is swayed to good just by the nature of Star Wars and shows like these in general, but who knows.

ALSO .....

Next episode is gonna show Tam learning how to be a FO pilot as Kaz becomes the ace...The split is happening in there characters so it could solidly the direction both characters are going until they meet again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2019
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Voice coach: Donald, that last take was great. But I really need you to "nail" the next one. Pretend your voice is nails and the mic is a chalk board. And go...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Supreme Leader Woke and Daneira like this.
  9. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Hey its up on time
    • Nice to see that they still have secluded one of the TWO private aces lounges. Aunt Z you're killing me, eat the rich already
    • I.....I am really shocked (and I shouldnt be at this point) that they are addressing that combat is different than racing and even combat against common criminals. Nice to acknowledge the skill gap and particular strengths of different types of pilots. It makes it a more unique trait which we need in SW
    • YES, Kaz's military training being important, and training!!! This is a dream come true
    • Oh nice more female FO troops, and someone with an actual face and unique voice. Like the sides training
    • Nice to see Yeager in his leader element
    • Nice to see Griff actually get something to do, and reflect on the empire's failings
    • That was a really nice fight, plus this is shaping up to be a teamwork story that is not cheap and easy. Like its not just "teamwork" but actually needing to have plans and think about tactics.
    • Ooh nice character drama about Tam. I am glad they brought that up cause their old friendship and falling out never got resolved beyond her thinking he just up and left
    • Again with the character work
    • Ooohhh FO training ships
    • This is the first we have seen Tam fly, nice to see she was not lying about being great at it
    • And they didnt have Tam's heroics be overly dramatic, plus there is still ego there. I always get annoyed when this type of scene is over-telegraphed
    • Chekhov's tail
    • I don't know what it is Torra......but I do know that I want one
    • Oh nice, that convo with the teacher could have went in more of a shocked "but I thought we where good guys direction" but while Tam is disappointed, the principle is explained and while immoral, is not illogically evil, which makes Tam accepting it make sense
    • I said so many times these last few eps that Kaz needs a hug. Glad he got one

Thoughts: OMG this was perfect. Like good character work, more distinct themes than the last 2, nice combat, and great use of the world and downtime to play into the larger story.

10. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Good to see the FO training here is consistent with how we know Finn was trained in Before the Awakening.

11. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yep, some nice character work here. I feel like even the "minor" aces like Freya and Griff got unique voices here, and quite a few characters were given room to philosophize. I suppose the plot itself will be accused of being "filler" (and it did feel like the creature chase was being drawn out to fill the run-time) but the characterization's the real point here.

my kind of scum and vncredleader like this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Re: "Live Fire"

I wouldn't characterize this episode as "filler". Sure, it doesn't advance the plot, but we do get semi decent character development.

1) Just because Tam has chosen the FO, that doesn't stop her from being a good person. She gets chastised for it, but that's not going to brainwash her overnight. Also, I'm sure Rucklin appreciated being saved, so when Tam eventually defects, maybe Rucklin will as well.

2) As much as Hype's voice is annoying, he's not wrong about Kaz at all. It was kind of **** for him to bring up Tam though.

I liked that Yeager said, "This isn't about joining the Resistance, it's about defending our home" which I appreciated that the show took the time to make the distinction as it's important plus what we know about Hype in season 1.

It was great that we actually hear the other Aces speak and add their thoughts. I want to hear more from them and less from Kaz and Torra now.

Working as a team is a priority for their survival, which shouldn't be taken lightly. My biggest problem is their "devil may care" attitude that death is lurking right behind them and they just want to hang out and relax and drink in their lounge.

With supplies running low, their next concern should be food / water, so I'm assuming that'll be the next mission. In the back of my mind, while training is important, all I think about is the wasting fuel while they're doing it. They won't be able to fight the FO if they don't have fuel for their ships.

Random thought: I was semi hoping to see the ice monster was attacking just to protect its family.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I swear someone better have been thinking of this song the whole time or I am gonna be very dissapointed in this Fandom

Love the FO thing about weeding out the weak....Good old Gallius Rax’s influence is still strong after all these years ;)

Also Tam’s story reminds me a little Finn’s from the “Before the Awakening” novel except with a darkside ending.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2019
    vncredleader likes this.
  14. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I HAVE! I played that song in my head ever since I read the synopsis for that episode!

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

HURRAY! I WASN'T ALONE! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sorry for the DP but here some fun factoids

Ghost likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks, I was wondering who the third person was. I thought I heard the name Lin mentioned in the episode, but it didn't ring any bells.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Someone brought up a interesting point on a podcast about Tam and Kaz's dynamic.

Once again Kaz gets something Tam wanted very easily...Becoming a Ace, not only that Hype (Though not fully) welcomes him into the fold. If/When Tam found it this could strengthen her resolve of siding with the first order, since once again things come easy for Kaz while Tam struggles.

Just a interesting thing to point out.

OrganicMeatbag and vncredleader like this.
  19. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I thought of that too, actually!

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Reminds me a little of my favorite show She-Ra were one character ALWAYS get what they want more or less and the other has to struggle.

Dynamics are a bit difference but the core of the concept it there.

I’m sorta waiting to see at this point if Tam is put into a position again like this and see if she learns from her...mistake.

vncredleader likes this.
  21. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Only watched the first two eps, but the time frame of TFA-TLJ feels even more jarring when watching Resistance, given that we have Starkiller destroying Hosnian Prime only a few days (?) before they get to D'qar and the Rebel base is destroyed. I assume the first few eps take place during TLJ essentially? I do like I think Kaz makes the observation that "The First Order went from being nothing to running the Galaxy in a week" which feels very accurate.

22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Something inside Tam could've held her back. She seems like she doesn't listen to anyone else's side except her own. She is blind and doesn't listen. She has a character flaw and that costs her.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Summary for Episode 7 but spoilers anyway

[​IMG]

Vanilulew likes this.
  24. Vanilulew

Vanilulew Jedi Knight

Aug 15, 2019
    Okaaaay, so this is super super interesting and I'm surprised Resistance is even touching anything Sith-related.
    I find myself getting more excited for Resistance than I was for Rebels, and part of me is sad that it won't last much longer :-(

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Honestly I'm gonna miss Kaz and his weird yells. Well I will miss them all. But I like Kaz as a main character... it's nice to have a lead character who doesn't care about being a major epic Jedi for once.

I didn't see Sunday's episode yet, so if Kaz starts up with that then he is dead to me.:p