main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If they got Gwendoline Christie and Oscar Issac in the show it would be really weird if tonally it would be something like Teen Titans Go with Phasma and Poe going all "Derp! ANTICS!!!" broad style acting. So, yah, it's really likely that tonally it'll be Rebels and Clone Wars which after a few carefree introductory episodes inevitably become more dramatic stakes.

With Luke being the Last Jedi in exile will Filoni and company get to do some epic Jedi business, though? Not that it needs to happen or for there to be a Jedi main character at all but Rebels and Clone Wars really sung when it got into that hole. Or basically just the last 10 minutes of Twilight of the Apprentice. Which is my own Star Wars animation gold standard.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Senator Wan, Revanfan1 and Voltron64 like this.
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I'm not really excited for this, i am a force guy there's no force in this show. Throw i have read Lost Star and that was a good book but still nkt sure about the show

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    then what's the point i guess inmay skip on this one which i never do saddly

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

He'll find a way.

I mean look at both Filoni's run shows (TCW and Rebels) look at how many times they go off the rails from that the intital premise is.

I mean what does the Mortis stuff have to do with the Clone Wars or the Rebellion at the end of the day, at least Rebels kinda manages to fit it in to the overall series but still, doesn't really have much to do with the Rebellion.....Not that I cared because I really liked that World between Worlds episode.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Filoni should respect the time period. So unless he uses flashbacks or Jake is for whatever reason given an episode of him on the Island, no Jedi should appear. Allowing this show to make its own identity away from Rebels and TCW.

The only people who should show up in the series present day with a Jedi background are Kylo and the KoR.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm fairly certain Ezra will be the Jedi of the time. Also, Luke said Rey's not the Last Jedi so there should be no problem there.

Ahsoka nicely shows that the "Last of the Jedi you will be" is completely dead and gone.

7. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Luke was referring to Rey becoming the last Jedi. And if the resistance knew about an alive Ezra and Ashoka, their is no need for them to search for Luke in TFA, and Snoke thinking Luke is the only hope for the Jedi to come back wouldn’t make sense.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    :rolleyes:

Well, I guess our break from "should Ezra die for the sake of continuity?" is over. Frankly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Much like the unreasonable hatred against TLJ, it won't fade because some people don't want to give writers the benefit of the doubt in creating a NEW continuity.

Of and the whole "Ahsoka is a Jedi" is ridiculous, as I've said before, she stopped calling herself a Jedi long ago, yes she acts like a Jedi until Rebels Season 2 finale (we don't know what she is at the Rebels finale btw, just like we don't know where Ezra took Thrawn), but she has made it clear she isn't. And Yoda would respect her decision.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The whole "Ahsoka isn't a Jedi because she says she's not, even though she was trained as a Jedi and still fight for good using the Force and a lightsaber to battle dark siders" is as ridiculous as Cade Skywalker making the same claim. The only difference is that literally everyone in Legacy from every side continuously called him out on how dumb that was. In Rebels we're apparently led to believe that as long as you say you're not a Jedi then a switch turns and it's not true.

Senator Wan, spicer, mnjedi and 3 others like this.
  11. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Ahsoka the white is dumb. The argument that she totally isn’t a Jedi “because I said so” is also dumb reasoning. Keep her far away from any and all media going forward.

Looking forward to a trailer and seeing the art style plays out through animation.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    At least Filoni still has plenty of years before the events of Resistence to give us tales about Ezra and Ashoka.

But he does have to learn to let them both end before the events of ST (preferably before Luke has his Academy).

With them out of the way eventually, Resistence and other works in the later years can focus on other force users instead.....snoke being very important to explore.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Filoni could literally make Ahsoka immortal after that business on Mortis. She's his pet character. I doubt she's going "end" She'll probably end up as a force ghost even if she gets slain at some point. Ezra, though a mere mortal, is still his creation, and if Filoni had any plans to kill him off it probably would have happened in Rebels. Filoni doesn't know what he wants to do with Ezra, or Thrawn for that matter. I doubt either character will appear in Resistance.
    With the early spotlight being put on BB-8, I can see this show being even more aimed at the target audience (8-12ish) than both Rebels and TCW. That might be offputting, so we'll have to see.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Senator Wan, kalzeth and Voltron64 like this.
  14. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Ideally in-between Episode 8 and 9?
    [​IMG]

Senator Wan and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    "A Jedi is never late, nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to!"
    "Well... OK. But I would think that would be when your master's grandson goes psycho, or maybe when his son cut himself off from the force..."
    "WHEN THEY MEAN TO!"

16. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    But why would Rey be getting Jedi training from someone who's totally 100% not a Jedi?

17. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Post RoTJ is a time to give us the true Luke instead of Jake, an era that should Eventually give us character development to all of Luke's students. Then of course Snoke.

Constantly having Ezra and Ashoka live to even the ST overshadows Luke Skywalker and other new users of that period. Those two has their chance to shine.

18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Luke had his chance to shine across 40 years of material.

Anyway. We know nothing about how much Resistance might use these characters (if at all), so I find this vague complaining about Filoni and the characters who, let's not forget, are just as important for the newer generations as Luke and co were to the older ones, a little... premature.

Ventrix, Senator Wan and Vthuil like this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    What if Filoni had remains of Thrawns fleet appear in Resistence. Ships that have been through a lot over the years, possibly being set after they lost their leader. Their could be bad blood between these old Empire remains and the First Order leading to some conflict. Older storm troopers fighting FO ones. Helping this series to not just be about Resistence vs First Order.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. Voltron64

Voltron64 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2009
    Indeed they have, but they'd be old and grey here, supporting characters willing to lend a hand and some wisdom to a new generation of heroes.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If the only Force users we get are basically Kylo Ren and Snoke I would be totally okay with that. But I'm assuming Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn and Sabine are all out in the Unknown Regions, the First Order sprouted from the Unknown regions, this show is about (at first) someone going undercover in the First Order, so that'll be how the Rebels crew shows up. But let's think, like, Season 1 finale kind of like how Ahoksa didn't show her face until S1 finale.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    If it wasn't hammered home hard enough in TLJ, the Jedi don't own the force, or the light side. They're merely alligned to the light, as is Ahsoka. But that doesn't mean the galaxy at large or the First Order will give a hoot.
    Personally, I think the Ahsoka and Ezra storyline is something completely out of the way from the trilogy films. They've spawned off a new adventure, one Dave Filoni hasn't even decided how he wants to proceed with. It would be acceptable to me if Ahsoka and Ezra never meet Luke or Rey.
    I do think in the OT era, Luke should interact more with the people who knew Kanan, Ezra, and Ahsoka during their Alliance Stint. Sadly for some reason there hasn't been a green light for that story. I mean, why hasn't Wedge seemed to have spilled the beans to Luke about his time in Pheonix Squadron? Kanan and Ezra were there to rescue him when he was recruited. But I digress...

Hopeless, kalzeth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I can totally see them doing a Wrath of Khan-homage episode with Thrawn. (Brendol Hux crashes on the planet Thrawn and his crew have been stranded on and goes "oh **** not again")

Having the Old Empire tussle with the First Order would be interesting. They'll probably do it. They just have to avoid treating Old Empire characters like Thrawn in the same manner they did with the Clone Wars characters in Rebels (I'm particularly thinking of that one Rebels episode with Rex and the surviving battle droid general...)

Jedi Ben and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've always liked the idea of Thrawn being a one man army, that makes him more interesting honestly, he would be a X factor thrown into the mix and stiring up the pot for a little bit. Before status quo needs him to die or be defeated.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    At least the younger generation is alive unlike Legends where by 34 ABY, at least half are dead or turned evil.

Voltron64 likes this.