main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Wow. Considering how immature Rebels could be, Resistance must be extremely juvenile. And here I was actually considering watching an episode or two.

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Either watch the episodes or don't.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I won't. Thanks for the ultimatum, it helped me make up my mind.

4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    =D=

Anything's better than being all wishy washy about it.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    @Vialco I highly recommend you watch them. Just keep an open mind, you'd be surprised just how much story is in them, jokes aside.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, people's opinions are their opinions and all that...but I am honestly baffled how anyone could watch these episodes and think they are more immature than Rebels or Clone wars. Does no actually remember the first episodes of those shows and are comparing the opening of Resistance to each of those series as a whole?

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think it might be starting out weaker than Rebels did, but if that's where people are coming from, not only is that subjective it also gives off a sort of equation between quality and 'maturity' that raises my eyebrows.

MercenaryAce and Kylun like this.
  8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Adult fans looking disdainfully down their nose at content that we've known for a long time would be intended for younger audiences - we saw this not long ago with "Forces of Destiny" as well - reflects that tendency of some passionate fans to incorrectly assume they are the exclusive target audience of all Star Wars content. It evokes memories of adult fans poo-pooing TCW and its focus on Ahsoka, oblivious to and sometimes even angry about the entire generation of young fans drawn into Star Wars because of that character. I'd like to see the fan community move beyond that mindset - adults have plenty of story content to keep them occupied, and will have even more in the future. A show that gives the younger set some Star Wars of their own to enjoy - "juvenile" tone and all - is not a bad thing.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Any word on whether that's supposed to be Fode and Beed announcing the races or just someone who sounds a lot like them?

10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Its just the voice actor voicing a new character called Jak Sivrak.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    That's almost disappointing.

Dr. Steve Brule and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    that IS disappointing. Just make it the two headed guy. Who cares if he's like 100 now.

This was my least favourite one so far but it did get a lot of help from having Eljiah Wood in it. Also they called it "Corellian Hyperfuel!" which I always say they said Coaxium and not HYPERFUEL enough in Solo so good to see it here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Dr. Steve Brule and BobaMatt like this.
  13. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I actually really like the idea that this is a guy mimicking Fode and Beed's style rather than the same character.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh man I hope Doza doesn't end up being the traitor. It's WAY too obvious. Just like that Neimoidian was WAY too obvious as a spy. Kaz didn't like him just because of the way he looked and I was thinking "aha, a teachable moment about alien stereotypes!" ...alas, no. Kaz was right. The man in the high castle is probably the snitch.

vncredleader likes this.
  17. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, Doza is the leader of the station, right? If that was the case, why would he need to leak information to the First Order to give to pirates to attack... His own station? Why wouldn't he just give Colossus to the FO and be done with it?

18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, Doza's a shady character, but he's also one of the only people on the station who cannot be the spy. It makes no sense.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, the pirates in their call to Phazma specifically mention how they are going to intimidate Doza into letting the FO take over, which hardly seems necessary if he is the spy.

20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The lesson Star Wars has taught us is that inclusiveness is important..........unless they are a rodian or neimoidian. Seriously as SW gets more inclusive, I feel little things like stereotyping aliens really needs to be something they are more conscious of. Reminds me of Zeb's comments about Ruhk, carelessly having your characters be bigots, even for a joke, is really something I do not want in SW anymore. Looking at you Ms. Leia "walking carpet" Organa

SyndicThrass and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    TBF, though, that Neimoidian wasn't obviously suspicious because he was bald and Neimoidian, but because of the way he was acting.

22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Don't forget Zygerrians. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On the subject of the pirates: If Doza's working for the FO, he's not going to give the game away to pirates, nor is every Tom Dick or Harry pirate going to know he's a spy. Clearly the person(people) Poe's after, whoever it might be, was not involved in the pirate attack. Doza could be working both sides already and Phasma wants him to shift more toward the FO.

The end of the episode he was clearly working with the pirates when Kaz made the link about Kracken Kragan,, but Kaz was giving him grief from the start. He began wrecking his ship from the first scene and then seemed defensive when the Neimoidian got (rightly) upset, which is when he started suspecting him of something and listening in on his conversations. So Kaz basically pegged him as a suspicious person because he didn't like him. He ended up being right, but it was a total Neimoidian stereotype.

vncredleader likes this.
  24. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    You mean STREEN?! [face_batting]
    Yeah, and don't forget there's a Nikto and a Rodian "good guy" in this series (and a Rodian in rebels) so I think we're doing well, there.

I looooooved seeing the Neimoidian's shuttle.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Outsourced likes this.
  25. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    "Fuel for the Future" was my favorite episode yet! Has some actual tension and character development! It was cool to see the relationship develop between Kaz and Yeager, and learn a little about his history. Cool nod to the battle of Jakku!
    Hopefully things will continue like this.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.