main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Some thoughts on the trailer:

1) The trailer makes it feel like Doza finally caves and let's the FO presence on the base. Unless the trailer is cut in a way that the FO is on the Colossus after the Hux speech regardless of Doza's decision. The trailer shows a hologram scene where Vonreg appears to be talking to Doza which I think happened in the first 10 episodes, but maybe they reused it just to recap that pirates/FO issue is still present and neither are going away. I can see the FO increasing their attacks via the pirates and even if we don't see the increase, maybe it'll be mentioned or maybe it's implied because of all the stuff that Yeager and team have been tasked to fix

2) It seems like Yeager has done a 180 and now will fight along side Kaz and do what he can. I'm guessing he changes his tune once he realizes that the FO wants the base as their preparing for war and then they execute that act of war post Hux speech, so this makes sense to me. I do hope we get more bonding between Kaz and Yeager.

3) So Tam gets captured and I'm supposed to care why? I hope these upcoming episodes develop her more as we got a little glimpse into her wanting to race, but she only yells at Kaz mostly, and rightfully so. I would hope the mission to save her feels more like saving a "family" member than just a fellow coworker and at this point the Yeager crew doesn't feel like a family like the Ghost crew did, not by a long shot. So again, I hope they all bond more so the audience feels invested once she's captured.

Yunzabit likes this.
  2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I'd say that's overnight. The finished film shifts scenes around a little, because originally it was going to cut from Luke mourning Han to Leia in contemplation just as the fleet arrives in empty space, but now we get Luke's whole daily routine first before the Resistance arrives in that system (as I recall). So the timeline's a little iffy there with the Resistance plot kinda left hanging for a day, but let's assume the fleet spent more time in hyperspace, or did some short hops and such thinking they'd definitely lose the First Order.

3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Concerning TLJ: I'm sure you could fit it all in if Ahch-To doesn't have a 24 hour rotation like Earth and it's much shorter allowing for everything to fit while the thrilling space chase is happening.

Concerning Resistance:
    Any thoughts on the new FO officer in this picture?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yay more Ds9 comparisons.

In my review I do with some friends we make at least a few Ds9 comparisons per episode.

vncredleader and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I really, really, REALLY hope they don't pass on the opportunity to show us Hosnian Prime, the Senate, Kaz's father, and stuff like that. Granted, it can always occur in flashbacks, but I want to see something that gives additional emotional heft to the destruction of the Republic's capital in TFA.

--Adm. Nick

6. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    Looks like a First Order Security Bureau officer. The armor is similar to Kallus' and the armband say "F O S".

7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    So who do we think is the FO spy now?

Or was there ever an FO spy on the Colossus to begin with?

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Flashbacks are a good idea if we are not given Hosnian Prime content in season 1. Flashbacks into the world that Kaz lost in season 2 can play into how he is being affected by the attack.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't recall any flashbacks in the aired episodes so far, so I'd be very surprised if we got any in the future ones.

10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I mean not necessarily - episodes of the series aren't necessarily all consecutive days. When Kaz says in the trailer "we're the resistance now" it sounds as if this is post Starkiller Base. All I mean is that it would make more sense to me for them to move past TLJ this season since IX is coming out in December.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    In the episode titled "Later Hosnian" - Residents of the Colossus will be celebrating an annual event at Aunt Z's where she makes her famous space pretzels while people eat space pork and drink giant steins of space beer. Everyone will be wearing the customary outfit of lederhosen when suddenly, they see five beams shooting across the sky.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, gotcha. That could work too.

13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    They confirmed Ach To is like mortis and dagobah time works differently there

tam's mother ;)

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    So I have this thought bouncing around in my head that I both would love and hate to see happen; what if Tam being caught by the FO is actually part of her being a spy? Like that is her extraction so we end up going through a rescue plot only to find that out, or we end the season with our heroes gearing up to go free her while the audience ends the season finding out she is a FO agent. That would be gutwrenching and Tam is my favorite, but I also would kinda love how dark that would be

BigAl6ft6 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Another interesting possibility: since this will run alongside TFA, maybe we'll get to see Poe's escape/recovery from Jakku?

TheRynJedi likes this.
  16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The Poe comic showed us that is the only thing. Kaz takes no part in it so it would have to again be Poe saying what happened with flashbacks and a lot of new assets

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Tam as the spy would be a truly excellent plot twist.

vncredleader likes this.
  18. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yes that would be awesome and I can totally see that happening. She is “captured” as part of the FO’s plan to retrieve their operative.

vncredleader likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

OMG Star Wars Underworld just talked about this TONIGHT (It was Ben's theory) ....And honestly the more i think about it the more I think it can happen...She has never been on my list.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ugh, this "magic planet" stuff is the worst part of the new canon.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I can think of worse things. :p

22. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Yeah, that Dagobah man...

DarthJaceus likes this.
  23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Some thoughts after having watched the trailer many times and the video breakdown. In no particular order:

-Interesting to see that there is another water base of the FO. On Castilon, or another water world I wonder?
    (PS - I thought there were too - I didn't notice until the Star Wars Explained breakdown that the colossus appears to be submerging)
    -"Stormtroopers are only for one thing....storming."
    (Alternatively, I saw in the youtube comments: "Stormtroopers are only for one thing...missing.")
    -Love the flying fish-crab things in the opening shot
    -I wonder if the scenes with Kaz without his jack and with his hair different are after Hosnian Prime and represent his sadness after the loss of his homeworld.
    ---Though yeah, BB-8's presence is a lot harder to explain now...personally, I really think they should have gone more with a new droid. (Heck, what happened with Kaz's X-Wing droid anyway?)
    -Speaking of which, I will support the comments that I hope we get more of Kaz's father, and I really hope we find out anything about his mother.
    -Man, the pirate battleship is pretty cool. I think it is using an AT-AT for a cockpit.
    -Interesting that this system seems to be the Starkiller base test firing system - and like the Star Wars explained video, I immediately wondered if this was Tehar and that is why the FO wanted the kids dead. The possibility he brings up of it being the site of the Kylo Ren flashback massacre is pretty interesting too.
    -Yeah, it seems Griff is 100% on the Resistance side. I wonder if it will even be a plot point.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Y'know it could be something like the destruction of Hosinan Prime happens and then the next episode just blips over the events of TFA and TLJ and BB-8 is back to on the Colossus. But for Hosinan Prime to get blown up BB-8 can't be there.

25. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Hmm. Would Disney be bold enough to have the series take place in the rumored one year gap between TLJ and IX? That would be very interesting but I think they’ll stay on the safe side and have Season 2 cover that since it’s right around the time IX is released.