main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Resistance season one ends withTFA, Then season 2 covers TLJ and go into the years before IX.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Resistance season one ends withTFA, Then season 2 covers TLJ and go into the years before IX.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    After watching the trailer again and pausing it multiple times, this is my speculation of the rest of the season

1) Giant sea creature stuff
    2) Doza lets the FO on the Colossus
    3) Synara / pirate stuff
    4) Maybe one racing episode before they're ground by the FO
    5) Poe and Kaz investigate the system without a star (the last we see Poe and BB-8 joins him)
    6) Other pirate stuff
    7) Other FO stuff
    8) Tam gets arrested
    9) Yeager and Kaz bond more, figure out FO is planning for war
    10) War happens
    11) The citizens take the fight to the FO on the Colossus
    Season 1 ends.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I’m dying to see the solicitations for the February episodes. I hope this show doesn’t take another break.

5. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OH
    the system doesn't have a sun because the Starkiller ate it d'uh that was meant to be a clue for us in the trailer and it flew clear over my head as just some interesting detail.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah is it possible that the FO fired off the Starkiller before the Hosnian system? Wouldn't people look up into the sky and see the rips in space?

I can buy if they sucked up a star, fired it, and wiped out one of their own systems or something in Wild Space and nobody noticed. Although Hux does say "The weapon, it is ready!" I know in Legends the pre-Alderaan Death Star was fired a few times and Rogue One got around it with the "single reactor ignition" but the Starkiller doesn't seem like it does "smaller".

I know SKB has been said that it moves through hyperspace to find fresh stars but I always thought that the reason it's so dang cold there izzat they sucked up one of the stars already. Like it was a binary star system before the movie starts. They just have already sucked up one.

I'd be super-happy if the show somehow confirms that Starkiller Base's location is Illum due to it working on a huge bunch of kyber crystals. But that seems a really esoteric concern for the show at hand.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Dr. Steve Brule and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah it's possible that it's less that they are able to fire smaller test blasts and more that the weapon just didn't work as well as intended the first time.
    I know that canon has made it not Ilum but a place near Ilum and I just...need it to be Ilum.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It's such a weird thing to be coy about, isn't it? What do you lose if it isn't? The ability to use Ilum going forward, which... isn't super necessary at all. What do you gain if it is? Kind of a neat, sad Jedha parallel with another superweapon wiping out more Jedi history, although for TFA's purposes it doesn't matter if you know that or not, so no biggie. Shoulda been, hands down.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its possible the SKB was tested in system, without using the whole "hyperspace gun" thing, so nobody actually saw the rips in space. It would also explain all those broken planets in the trailer.

And the temperature on the surface of the SKB also depends on how far it is from the star. Not to mention the type of star it orbits.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] Yeah, the FO is all about bigger being better!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Episode titles for February.
    http://cabletvt.powerrangermail.net/index.php/topic,6270.0.html
    Sunday, February 3
    10:00pm Star Wars Resistance "The First Order Occupation"

Sunday, February 10
    10:00pm Star Wars Resistance "The New Trooper"

Sunday, February 17
    10:00pm Star Wars Resistance "The Core Problem"

Sunday, February 24
    10:00pm Star Wars Resistance "The Disappeared"

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That was my thought exactly. The light was due to the hyperspace anomaly. Either they did it in system, or did it a bit far away and just waited like a month for it to hit.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So watched the new episode Bibo, it was good and funny. Liked Neeku very mutch in this episode, his attachment to bibo and how he had to let him go.:_| And then he got to eat his new friend from Kaz to lunch.:D Kaz was mutch better in this episode then his other episodes, I don't i saw any silly momments only little momment with Synara he got awkward. It's nice seeing the siblings from Tehar and the shell people. It's a nice mid season premiere. No first order tough. pirates to attack soon and Synara knows of Kaz.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    There's also a couple of canon references to Ilum that seemed to suggest some of the cosmetic differences - like the equatorial trench - had begun under the Empire, due to stripmining.

Anyhow:
    Seems like there was a Clone Wars battle near Castilon. Maybe the Colossus used to be a Republic or Imperial outpost?

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems the siblings of Tehar are force sensitive.

TheRynJedi and vncredleader like this.
  16. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    • Oooohhh Z-95. Really interested about the history of nearby battles
    • Oooohhh Kaz showing his passion for ships and military history. Love it
    • I love Neeku
    • Also Yeager's reaction just screams of the fact that this is totally not the first time Neeku has done this
    • "cept one of them was kinda handsome" aww nice of his to reference Poe
    • I love how while Tam and Neeku have a sitcom plot going on, Kaz and Synara are trying to prevent a Kaiju attack
    • prophetic dreams oh......OHHHHHHHhh damn is she force sensitive? that is such a good subtle reveal if so
    • ::I have a huge problem with vagueness ok" further reasoning as to why Tam is my favorite character
    • oh nice way to set up the pirate alarm. I love how this show may have goofy characters, but when villains learn important info it is due to genuine natural situations. Synara does not find out by accident, just like with the turrets before; rather Kaz acts fully reasonable and she figures out the rest from there.
    • I adore the action scene, nice way to establish Kaz being part of Ace Squadron.
    • obvious twist but I am glad we don't give some BS moral about how Tam was wrong to say give the animal up for the station.
    • HHAHAH this show is amazing with ending gags

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Always can count on Ancient Whills to find out the good stuff :)

18. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Would there not be a star because Starkiller Base had powered up ready for the shot it takes in TFA? It then consumes a second star after it destroys Hsnian Prime.

BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  19. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oooohhhhhhh that is something I never thought about. It could have used the same star as it does later, but there is nothing to indicate that, and rationally it was a new one

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Huh, interesting.

But wait, didn't the Resistance find SKB because they followed its shot back to it? Hmm....maybe it was a binary system and SKB ate one star and had the second ready for a follow up attack.

BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It kinda lines from the trailer with a system with no star, the planets there seems kinda desserted.

22. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    No the Force Awakens Novelization said that Starkiller Base turned the SB system into a binary when it exploded.

vncredleader likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    well I'm thinking it was a 3 star system, SKB eats one star that fires on Hosinan Prime (off screen, before the movie happens), they eat a 2nd star, SKB explodes, 2 stars in there. Or it was already a binary, ate one for Hosinan, 2nd star wasn't fully drained when SKB blew up so it's back to being binary. I still like it more than SKB jumping to hyperspace to find stars :/

24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Wait, when was it actually stated that Starkiller Base wasn't Ilum? That seems like such a cop-out, especially after they did stuff like make them have the same diameter and location in the galaxy.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It hasn't been stated either way.