main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Btw the Bucket's List actually alludes to the idea that the wells are man-made.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so it seems, if I was guessing, the system itself was a testing ground for hollowing out a planet and the missing star is what SKB sucked up to fire at the Hosinan System. Considering it's a day before Kylo lands at Jakku, it probably took about 24 hrs or more being "locked and loaded" before Hux told Snoke "The weapon, it is ready." Unconfirmed that the village slaughter is the same in the Forceback but I like to think so!

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    This makes a certain amount of sense if the whole was actually made by the Starkiller's beams, since they're supposed to be like funky hyperspacey things

Jedi Princess and vncredleader like this.
  4. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah that is what I was thinking. It might make sense and avoid the question of how Tehar is only being hollowed out now. They are running tests to see how much power is needed to cut through a core

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The abandoned village was on the unnamed moon of Najra-Va, the planet that was perfectly cored. The planet isn't Tehar, the moon maybe though.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here’s a more terrifying thought. What if these are not the Starkiller prototypes, but for the next iteration of superweapons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Did anyone call Tehar a planet? I was just gonna say it is unconfirmed but I vaguely remember the kids saying "the came to our planet" though that could be shifted to Tehar being the planet or system and the children just using the general term "planet" or world cause being like "they came to our moon named _____ in the Tehar _____"

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Heck, is there any reason why Tehar couldn't be the name of the settlement?

BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  9. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It really annoys me when people use 'planetoid' wrong.

vncredleader likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Star Wars Explained channel, as discussed on the previous page, also thinks that Tehar might also be location of the KOR slaughter.

What does everything else think? I'm going to say they could make it fit, but I was hoping it was something more important that would have been revealed in the movies.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I assumed during the kids' introduction that it was either the site of this vision, or of the campaign the slaughter in this vision was a part of.

@vncredleader I think the kids said "world" but I could be remembering it wrong.

vncredleader likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Using the mid season trailer and the snippet of the above video before it's even played, it appears to be the episode where the FO is grounding all the Aces (and probably everyone on the platform). Tam mentioned to Kaz in last week's episode "The Core Problem" that everyone was grounded. It almost feels like they switched the order on us. We'll see if they don't show BB or CB as that'll be the tell-tale sign.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I wonder if they've disappeared Hype, or if Hype made a run for it. It certainly seems plausible he'd want to leave of his own accord, but I doubt the FO would let him.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2019
  16. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    There's already speculation this could be an early-bird peek at Naomi Ackie's character in IX, but who knows. Nice design either way, with references to Vader, Kallus, and the Grand Inquisitor.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hmm...Doubt they knew that far in advance who would be....It would be cool if they introduced a character via cartoon before the film like General Greivous

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Synopses for the last few episodes.
    Sunday, March 3
    Star Wars Resistance “Descent”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EST)

With secrets exposed, Yeager’s crew must evade relentless troopers hunting them down and find a way to reach the Resistance.

Sunday, March 10

Star Wars Resistance “No Escape, Part 1”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EDT)

Kaz, Neeku, Torra devise a plan to free their friends, but it’s upended when Kaz bears witness to the full might of the First Order.

Sunday, March 17
    Star Wars Resistance “No Escape, Part 2”
    (10:00–10:30 P.M. EDT)

With Neeku’s help, Kaz comes up with a risky plan to rid the Colossus of the First Order once and for all.

Senator Wan likes this.
  19. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    The Endgame is near

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Hooo boy.

21. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Interesting stuff... wondering if that new character will be a last-minute reveal intended to introduce a main Season 2 antagonist.

For the record, regarding my reference to the "changed premise" in the Forceback -- there are a few, and I didn't mean anything regarding the literal interpretation of the location or anything like that -- I meant the mess that one dude getting stabbed. He was written as "Clan Leader" but listed as "Knight of Ren" in the credits, leaving us to see that scene as KoR infighting, or... something. I truly love TFA but there's no question that the shift of the nature and significance of the lightsaber McGuffin during production and editing leaves a pretty bad story scar that never really found an adequate or consistent bandaid.

22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    That mostly just sounds like a credits error. (Though the Knights of Ren are so ill-defined at this point that they're really a largely separate issue).

I'm not an unfailing defender of all things TFA, but I'm truly not seeing a jarring story scar here that would make that scene untouchable.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    BobaMatt likes this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In the true spirit of the Ep9 thread, where everyone can be a Knigtht of Ren because we don't have Snoke anymore, my prediction is Tam is a KOR on the run, which is a lot cooler than if she were just a regular FO spy.

More seriously,
    I really hope they don't kill Yeager. Like the stereotypical "older character has to die" hero's journey bit. It would do nothing but lose a great member of the cast. Yet I get the sense from the synopses that a main character might die beyond the Hosnian incident, and he seems the most likely.

24. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    For a real gut punch they could kill Neeku[face_devil]

25. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I mean, we've survived the flip-flopped credits on Tagge and Motti for forty-plus years now, I'm sure we'll be ok.