main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: Rivals

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Ganner, Jan 14, 2018.

1. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
  2. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    In my opinion, this is just another waste of space, and time. EA has now a little more than five years on their ten year contract, and all they've been able to make are some bad FPS games and a handful of laughable mobile freemium games.

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    This game isn't being made by EA. It's being made by Disney internally.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    Regardless, the "star wars games" that have been put out since EA gained the license, have been not what many would've expected.

5. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Regardless, this particular game is not being created by EA. So talking about the Star Wars EA license in regards to it is unbecoming.

6. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    Regardless, EVERY Star Wars game that has come out regardless of developer since Lucasarts shut down has been a massive disappointment, and it is very insulting to see assets being used to make mobile games.

7. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Disney physically can't make anything besides mobile games due to the EA License. EA has exclusive rights to making Star Wars games with exceptions made for Disney mobile games. We won't see that change until the License is up and EA comes under evaluation.

So Disney putting resources into Mobile games makes sense. Either way, I'm not sure why you would be insulted by them doing so.

8. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015

Well I grew up with GREAT star wars games like Battlefront 2 (the real one), and Knights of the old republic, It's a pain to see the majority of Star Wars games coming out as mobile games, and everyone knows that developers only make mobile games to score cash off of idiots.

9. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    ...What?

Look, i'm not a really big fan of mobile games. I prefer games on the PC. But I think that the statement that people who develop for mobile are just trying to get some quick cash off of people is not only wrong, but insulting to a lot of people in the games industry.

Just look at some of the creativity and passion on display in the mobile scene.

10. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    I should re-phrase that and say that a LOT of people making mobile games are just re-skinning assets of previous games and just making bad games with little to no depth that are riddled with scummy micro transactions.

11. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Yeah, but that isn't even what's happening here. Say what you want about Disney, but their games are usually, at the least, well put together.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    There are micro transactions throughout.

13. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Because micro-transations are a reality for most mobile games due to them almost always being free, and people being unwilling to pay for them.

14. The Ganner

Jan 20, 2015
    More like mobile games are free because of micro transactions, it's a hook and catch process, you lure them in, hook them on the concept and the fact that its free, let them level and progress to a certain point, THAN BAM out of nowhere you're either time locked, or you're progressing too slowly.

15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    That's literally not it at all though. Paid apps, especially ones releasing across multiple platforms or ones that are being developed by indie teams, tend to generate significantly less downloads than free apps. It's in the best interest of developers to make free games if they want to reach widespread publicity. Not every developer is just trying to con people into paying.

You seem to have an extremely limited view of games across the spectrum. Yes, a lot of games are designed to make money. They're products. But when you boil the entire market down like this, you disregard the views and contributions of a lot of hard working and earnest people. Should great games that include microtransactions be lumped in with **** games that include microtransactions?

16. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    I don't know what kind of game will be Rivals ...