main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V STAR WARS: ROGUE #$^$%&ING ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, this movie is going to be just the best.

Why is the one dude randomly wearing a parka? I love it. :D

2. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Is it just me, or does Donnie Yen's character (far right) look like he has something up with his eyes?

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...But where are the aliens?

4. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    The announcement on SW.com mentions that Alan Tudyk's character is motion-captured, so it's safe to assume he is an alien. Some of the other cast members not pictured could be aliens too.

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, I had the same thought re: no aliens. But to be fair, an all-human rebel cell is definitely in keeping with what we see in ANH...

Edit: On further reflection, are we sure this image isn't from Podracer Mechanics: The Movie?

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There were aliens in the early Rebellion according to Marvel.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Oh, damn I just remembered Admiral Jhared Montferrat from Blade Squadron was modeled after Mads Mikkelsen. Story Group, time to prove that you are paying attention! (seriously doubt this will happen, but how cool would it be?)

[​IMG]

8. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Judging by the style of bricks in the photo, could those Rebels be at Yavin base?

PS: I wonder if this movie would dare use the name "SpecForce" to refer to this gang? Seems like a perfect opportunity to borrow that old-school WEG concept.

Revanfan1, Barriss_Coffee and Kylun like this.
  9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It makes sense for a semi-recon kinda unit who need to be able to blend in and disappear if need be. The rebellion at large, sure, but this particular case works.

10. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    So exciting [face_dancing] :xwing:

11. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Force Awakens? What's that?

my kind of scum and CooperTFN like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That... is quite the cast.

I'm more interested in this than I was.

Revyl Ren and The Loyal Imperial like this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Honestly, that photo doesn't ooze "Star Wars". Great shot, but I would have preferred some familiar elements. And I also lament the lack of aliens among the crew. Thing is, if you added some familiar costume elements from ANH, a few familiar aliens, and some common weapons, and that would look straight out of WEG.

But don't mind me, I'm still heartbroken this isn't a movie about Rogue Squadron... :xwing: :xwing::xwing:

--Adm. Nick

14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, likewise. I mean that's a neat photo but why is this not about rogue squadron?

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

And the women? :p

I'm glad the cast looks really diverse.

I would have liked more than one woman in the main cast. I'd hoped they'd learned something from The Force Awakens.

Otherwise, that photo is pretty awesome.

16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Look at this:
    [​IMG]

add some grit,

Now look at the guy in the parka.

edit: high-res image
    -the guy in the front has an imperial uniform

17. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Meh, not enough Gungans.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Interesting, that guy right behind Diego Luna almost looks like Lobot.

19. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    After a decade and a half of Prequels and constant bashing of everything new SW does, this is a breath of fresh air and a good way for Disney to show they're not kiddifying it. Well, kiddifying it even further than Lucas already did.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Good catch. I also note an OT-style Rebel infantry backpack on the bottom right.

So. That wooden stick with inexplicable metal pieces: lightsaber?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]
    HE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM CORELLIA TO HUNT KRAYT DRAGONS. IN AN X-WING.

22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    You know, if there's one thing that comes to mind when I think of "the essential Star Wars feel", it's Zero Dark Thirty.

23. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    My fear is that they are going too far the other way. Star Wars should first and foremost appeal to children.

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    What did you expect, orange spandex?

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Looking at the high-res shot, there's a backpack all the way in the right foreground corner that is the exact same as the Rebel soldiers used on Hoth, only it's colored black. And the hats the guys in the background are wearing are the same as the hats from Hoth as well, just not insulated and made from a lighter material. Great visual nods.

The guy sitting on the far right is definitely blind, he has a staff of some sort to use as a weapon but also what looks like either a canon barrel or projectile launcher strapped across his back. Guy above him has just enough plating and an apparent backpack of some description to make me think he's their heavy weapons guy, though his armor doesn't look right for him to be a Mandalorian. Guy in the front-left foreground is wearing an Imperial uniform or at least a jacket, but the insignia are faded. He looks like their tech guy. Mustache man in the middle has a rifle in his hands, but it doesn't look long enough to be a sniper rifle. Felicity Jones's character is traveling light enough and with little enough equipment, that she could be a pilot of some description. She's only wearing a side-arm and aside from her jacket and scarf (cloak? Cape? it hangs down past her knee on her left side) she's not wearing any of the heavy clothing that the others are.

Definitely a rag-tag bunch, and none of them really the glamorous sort, either. Still cool, still going for a very tactile feel for the universe (look at the cobwebs on the walls. look at them.) and a rather excitingly different direction for them to be going with their first film under the new banner post TFA. I said from the start that if these spin-offs are radically different enough from the actual numbered saga films, it'll take a long time for the franchise to outstay its theatrical welcome. Looks like KK and the rest at Lucasfilm realized that as well.