main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V STAR WARS: ROGUE #$^$%&ING ONE: A STAR WARS STORY

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 12, 2015.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I could've sworn you were watching Rebels, Ender.

2. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Disney has got the numbering screwed up already. You START with Rogue 4, then do Rogue 5 and 6. Then you go back and do Rogue 1 twenty years later. This is Star Wars.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I am. And the EU I like, from the books, includes X-Wing Rogue Squadron. I wished more stories with no Jedi and normal people would have been told.

But, seeing the hilarious and pitiful coping void here with the death of the EU, and knowing how beloved Rogues are, I really wish people would reign their expectations in. Watching people not deal with the Rogue film not aligning with their unrealistic expectations might be too much for even my evil self.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I doubt it!

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I always reign my expectations. I'll reign yours too.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You're right. But at least I'll be in the minority of resilient people who cope with change. "Oh, that's not my Rogues, ok, whatever"

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    #NotMyRogues

8. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry, if you become overwhelmed by your own cloud of smugness and self-satisfied trollishness, I'll be here to comfort you.
    Having high hopes for something doesn't mean being unable to cope with disappointment, or being unrealistic about the likelihood thereof.

Darth_Duck, Sarge, TrandoJedi and 4 others like this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Cheers Atticus. I loved in you in Mockingbird too. [:D]

Abadacus likes this.
  10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh come on, Ender Sai, I had modest expectations, that the EU through at least HoT or SQ was safe. But I guess when film people are involved, that's all they care about, and they can't even be bothered to do an EU story like everyone else. I guess this is just one more new canon work I can't bring myself to care about, all because they threw out the story I believe in. Kathleen Kennedy and Kiri Hart are the bane of everything that is Star Wars to me.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Phew! I was worried for a minute there that this thread wouldn't descend into Zeta and Ender bickering.

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have tried stay away as long as possible, and I was doing a good job, because I learned earlier today that Denning is now getting involved with Halo, so I am worried about him ruining that too.

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I laughed for like two straight minutes at this post.

Darth_Duck, CT-867-5309 and CooperTFN like this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It's a popular console franchise, so I assume if the characters just make rape threats at women over their comms it will feel accurate.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    it's almost been a year the EU's been decanonized, how on earth did you have any expectation they'd do an EU movie?

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

People are still making threads to be pitiful come to terms with the loss and beg for just one more day with their beloved stories. In the same way people want to figure out how they could exhume their dead mother/father/pet moodle and have one more day of fun.

17. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    It's almost comforting in a way, the stability that comes with Zeta repeating the same five sentences with slight variation for months on end. Like coming home every day to a senile grandmother that thinks were still fighting World War 2. It's really repetitive and probably not good for anyone's sanity, but you cant imagine home without it

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have no expectations for Star Wars anymore, especially not after that mediocre teaser trailer and that stupid shaky cam nonsense on the Millennium Falcon sequence. I don't even think can address Ender's comment, because that isn't even close to what Halo is.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It was a dig at console gamers, not Halo. Halo was just collateral damage. #PCMasterRaceForLife

And unlike you, the breathtaking stupidity and just general awfulness of the EU drove me away and frankly, I would rather read Mein Kampf than any of the prison-rape esque nonsense that was churned out. The only thing I like more than its execution is watching people flail about trying to cope and not quite succeeding by any margin. That FFG is paying homage to WEG, and that Rebels too feels like that golden pre-TPM era has brought me back.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I find it a mood-lifter. Not even being sarcastic here - the main reason I haven't set him to ignore is because the absolute, unrelenting negativity is honestly kind of hilarious.

Slater likes this.
  21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Please don't use that language, because I actually have a senile grandmother who lived through World War II in Japan, and at the rate she is going, she is going to outlive all of us.

I kind of figured it was one of those PC Master Race deals.

If it didn't have Ahsoka, I would probably agree with you and be enjoying it along with everyone else.

22. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Can we start a drinking game of the most common Zeta posts?

I'll start,
    "Dead to me sense 2005", "This isn't star wars", "Every thing I care about is gone" "Why should I care about X when X isn't canon anymore?" "Something about TCW not being real because of the EU"

Feel free to add on.

Vthuil and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Hoping we get the multimedia expansion and hype arround this like we are for TFA!

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want all the coloring and scratch&sniff books for this one too.

Mmmmm... S-foil exhaust.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good to see that no matter how much things change, some things still stay the same.