main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Ronin: The Curse of Qalydon

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 14, 2021.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Maldael Fesh
    The Ghost Prison

Maldael nodded to the Emperor as the message cylinders were taken. At least that task was done. Whatever came of them mattered only a little to him, circumstances had changed even more since his old friend had sent him to deliver them.

Absently, he noted as the Princes were released by the Dark Lord in a seeming agreement with the Emperor. The noise of their panting breath filled the air as they drew air into their lungs again before the Dark Lord spoke brusquely, drawing several of their number after him. He noted which had been chosen and their chosen task, to fight the rebelling Jedi Lords.

The corners of his lips turned up, nodding as the armoured retainer moved, beginning to head after the Dark Lord; at some point he knew they would have a chance to work together but it seemed not yet.

His head turned back, towards the Emperor, as he realized that the task that was being asked was to work with the one who he’d already encountered and one who seemed to stand between the two sides of the Force. He nodded to them both, sure that they would learn more of each other as they set about the upcoming task.

The hulking forms of Taung approached, the warrior race well known and respected by the Sephi. He acknowledged the leader, a ranking scion of the Kouwr clan with a nod. Turning, he glanced at the other two as well, ”Perhaps we should begin…” he started before his sensitive ears caught what the Emperor was saying to the Regent.

Deep inside him he felt something stir at the mention of the name, Ku’ar Danar. He hadn’t told all to the war droid, especially about what had set him on his path. But that was stirring and whispering about the being the Emperor had mentioned, about what possible paths may derive from that one and what they desired.

His head turned again, facing the armoured one, as he spoke. He nodded, that one spoke truly, if that being could assist in ending the war then they were a weapon that could be used. But…he didn’t trust that the imprisoned one would not twist in their grip and attack them as well, not with what was bubbling in his mind.

”If they can be used safely to end this war I am in agreement.” he stated, firmly.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @CosmoHender, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun

2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Nin Aima

As the Dark Lord ceased their cruelty to the twin princes so would Nin sheath his white lightsaber. He would then listen to the next step of commands of the Emperor

“The Sith will be your targets. If the Empire attack’s them directly, it will not help matters among the Fallen Worlds, so you will take Taung Mandalorian’s. Clan Kouwr, their leader, Vhett. He’ll brief you on the data you’ve brought to us.”

Nin's eyebrow raised, he had agreed to nothing and now he was being ordered around. Hmm... Nin did not know what to do in his current situation, but he knew an impulsive decision would more than likely end up poorly. He was no fan of the Sith, nor the Jedi either... both had now committed evil acts... he gave a sigh. He had hoped that he would have lived a life of example, to find and cultivate the next generation with his teachings on the Path of Nin.

For to him that was the only way to end the cycle... with slow, pain-staking change.

The idea of being attached to a counter-coup marred that. He had however been tracking down Sith prior to this point, usually unsuccessful so it just happened that his own goals and the Emperor's aligned.

Though the dirty taste of becoming embroiled in the politics of the Empire left a foul lingering stain in Nin Aima's mouth. One of his new companions was distracted it seemed with what the Emperor was speaking to the man that had collapsed. He was not really a fan of being accompanied by Mandalorians either.

Though Nin was fundamentally a solitary figure, not that he was problematic in a team, merely preferring to work and journey alone. If anything one thing was keeping Nin's attention engaged.

The Dark Lord.

A part of him felt that he needed to get to know the man... that Nin's work could not finish until he did so.

His eyes looked to that of Marcus and Maldael...

"Hunting Sith..." he mused. "I'm ready whenever you too are..." he spoke indicating towards Vhett who would brief them on data.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @CosmoHender @darthbernael

3. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    IC: Marcus Dren

Ghost Prison

Mandalorians. Previously Marcus had only heard of them, this was his first time actually seeing them in person.

They were said to be the most skilled fighters in the galaxy and to have a strict code of honor, though Marcus also heard that they usually would not stray far from the Mandalore sector. Obviously this was an exception.

Then there were his targets: the Sith.

Well, Marcus didn't disagree that the galaxy would be a better place with a few less Sith in it. And he was more than willing to play along.

As for working with the Jedi he encountered on Kijimi... it was necessary. Maldael may have been his daughter's life at risk once, but now the Jedi was his best hope of being with her again. And that goal was more important than any grudge Marcus might have had against Maldael. The Jedi was safe as long as he was useful...

And to his surprise, Marcus recognized the other person he was going to be working with. Wasn't Nin one of the Dark Jedi who had been at the Battle of Corbos twenty years prior?

Marcus didn't have time to dwell on that though. He had more important matters to focus on.

"Let's just get this over with..." he said with a huff.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Mitth_Fisto @greyjedi125 @Shadowsun

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Antilles
    This is insane

The young man, a second, a Captain, an Admiral, and then, out of the Navy, he swallowed, and wondered if it would be a better idea to go back to Gus Treta. Possibly. Or perhaps Gus Talon... or Shadow, the third moon of Corellia. Antilles shook his head. No. Admiral Jerjerrod needed him (he'd always be the Admiral to Antilles).

He spoke up. "Admiral, I'm with you."

They traipsed into the meeting room; a plot to kill the Jedi High Lords.

Insanity.

But they'd betrayed their Empire, and their Emperor.

They had to go, or, at very least, be put back in their box.

Which meant a Jerjerrod had to die.

He twitched, especially as Kazu stepped up.

They were in a room with the Dark Lord of the Sith and a mass murdering war droid.

He swallowed, hard.

"So how are we going to do this?"

Ajunta Pall smiled drily. "Why, we're going to start off by targeting the Admiral's family, of course. It's our most direct in, and the best way to find where the Admiralty and Senate are inevitably being held."

He nodded to Kazu. "A war droid of your stature will be greatly appreciated. You've been modified, yes? Upgraded?"

Antilles looked Jerjerrod. "Admiral?"

For the moment Pall ignored that Akuma-Oni was not present; the Emperor had his own plans with that one.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---

The other room

Vhett regarded his 'team' with some disdain. Why wouldn't he?

Jetii, Dar'jetii, they were all the same; trouble.

"Hunting Sith..." Nin mused. "I'm ready whenever you too are..."

"Let's just get this over with..." Marcus groused.

With a glower at a chuckle from his fellow armoured men, Vhett spoke up.

"The data that you gathered as a group points to Shadow Sith being active on the worlds of Taris, Ambria and Yn. The True Jedi are heading towards Yn, so that's not our problem. On Ambria is XoXaan, and on Taris is Karness Muur, both Shadow Lords. The main base of Tulak Hord is suspected to be either Balmorra or Alderaan, but we're not yet sure on that. Whatever was happening with Admiral Dreya on Yn, that is being handled."

Worlds appeared on the galactic map above them. Ambria was in the former Inner Rim; Taris, at the edge of the Unknowns; Yn itself was inside Imperial space, so the Empire would have that in hand, in one way or another. Another world was highlighted, in the northern Unknowns. "We also know that Sith were active on Chabosh, as Akuma-Oni killed some there..." another light, showing Sigil. "And Marcus here took down Syn."

The stars that were illuminated indicated a vast Shadow Empire, larger than the Galactic Empire in many ways.

"We must decide whether to divide our numbers and strike at Ambria and Taris each, or to focus on one target at a time."

For the moment Pall ignored that Maldael was not present; the Emperor had his own plans with that one.

TAG: @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun (combo)
    ---

The deepest depths

The two of them were guided down not by a droid, or a staff, but by the very Force itself.

A current tugged at Maldael and Akuma-Oni, for no prison warden was willing to head to the lowest, and oldest, levels of the Ghost Prison.

Because here was that self-same ghost.

He wasn't even chained.

He was entombed but enthroned.

Lanquid.

In power.

Even when in the most heavily guarded prison in the galaxy.

[​IMG]

"My friends. You remember me, or know of me, perhaps you should not, but you do. I recognise you each, from times gone by, and times to come."

A gesture, lazy, and their weapons grew cold; drained.

"You have no need of them in my presence."

A guttural chuckle.

"I am, after Ku'ar Danar, the scion of Alsakani blood, the thirteenth Dark Lord, and the first - the Zero to the Dark. I am Dread Incarnate, in my Magnificence and forethought; you are merely whispers upon the wind of the Master of Masters, immaterial to the events of the now and today."

He leaned forward.

"After all."

A sneer that cut their breath short.

"I think one level higher."

TAG: @darthbernael, @greyjedi125 (combo)
    ---

Elsewhere

The Emperor and his oldest friend continued to play.

For the very future itself.

TAG: @Shadowsun (combo continues)

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  5. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Mitth_Fisto and @Sinrebirth

IC: Janus Jerjerrod, Kazu

Antilles at least was with Janus, and he was grateful at least for the Captain's support. After all, he couldn't command a ship alone.

Janus looked around the room. It wast the Dark Lord, Antillies, him and the droid. Where was the armoured man?

So it was down to business…and the Jedi Lady that belonged to Janus's family was first on the target list. Of course she was.

The Dark Lord outlined that the droid in the room was a war droid. Interesting.

"Your plan milord is quite interesting I may say, but do you think the Jedi Lady from my House is just going to spill out where the Admiralty and Senate are? She is tougher than you think. She is my sister after all".

He looked at the droid "I assume that's where you come in if she doesn't cooperate.."

K4-ZU-P8489 or Kazu was left without much to add after they had proceeded to the meeting room. Listening to the opening statements of the organics Kazu paused for a momentary systems analysis to make sure none of the systems upgrades had been irreparably damaged in this unit's capture.

A few agonising seconds later the droid shifted his broad domes main eye between the two primary speakers. "This unit has been modified. This unit has minimal software upgrades at this time. Further improvements would not be remiss." Kazu stated before refocusing on the other speaker. The Admiral without a fleet. "Mission parameters have not yet reached the stage where individual assignments have been allotted. If your words are a remiss inquiry, please add additional vocal inflection for clearer understanding in the future. This unit could attempt such a function, although this unit does not possess the proper software package for extended interrogation techniques."

The Dark Lord chuckled, as did the Storm Corps troopers assigned to them.

"Let us focus. We shall target the Admiral's sister's Estate on Tinnel. Once we have isolated her, we'll take her off-world and figure out our next step." He regarded the two of them; Jerjerrod and Kazu. "She's a Force User. She'll detect my presence, and the presence of troops, so the two of you will be paired up, to call me in when you need a distraction to escape."

Antilles looked opposed to leaving the Admiral.

"Can you two work together?"

Janus had to shake his head at the droid. This would be a strange one to work with but he could get used to the droid eventually.

"She'll probably sense me too since I am familiar to her and even though I am not Force sensitive myself. Hopefully she will see me as a family member and not as a threat".

Janus looked to Antillies "I need you as backup. If it goes wrong you will need to lead the Twelfth fleet or to lead in general when the time comes".

To the droid "I will work with you, but you will need to work with me. If we are to work effectively as a team, I need to know that you are willing to help"

Kazu stood straight, shaking his head slightly with a minor hip servo activation. "This unit has no contradictions to processes for working with the indicated individual nor in helping with stated goals. This unit will keep an photodetector on him until understanding of hierarchical safety from or actions of such subject has been verified." It was a complicated method of stating what Kazu in retro analysis realised it could of stated more succinctly in an organic idiom - I'll keep my eye on you, but let's do this. Or some such turn of phrase.

Antilles nodded to Janus. "I will do whatever you ask of me, Admiral." He even saluted.

The Dark Lord smothered a snort.

"The two of you will take a shuttle to the Tinnel system; I and my team will be a light-year away, ready to jump in when we receive the signal," he said firmly. "So, shall we?"

He indicated the exit. "We have a galaxy to save."

Janus snorted at the droid's comment. What, the droid was afraid Jsnus was going to do a runner? No way, not now, not ever. He was all in.

Although killing your own sister was in no way going to be enjoyable.

"Indeed we do" Janus simply said and abruptly turned and headed for the exit.

"By your command." Kazu intoned before following the Admiral to the exit.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto , @Sinrebirth

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Maldael, Akuma-Oni, and Ku’ar Danar - fun combo with greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth
    The Ghost Prison, deepest depths

Maldael followed the directions that seemed to spring unbidden to his mind. The Force itself seemed to want he and Akuma-Oni to find the being below, the one the Emperor had named Ku’ar Danar, The name itself continued to stir whispers from his ‘guest’, hints without words about events in both the past and the future that only kept his sense of disturbance even higher.

They descended through the prison, an almost eerie silence surrounding them, there seemed to be nothing, mechanical or living, that was down here, save the presence that continued to grow stronger as they descended. And then they came upon the being’s chamber, drawing a soft snort from Mal as he saw the being lounging in a seat.

"My friends. You remember me, or know of me, perhaps you should not, but you do. I recognise you each, from times gone by, and times to come."

He felt the sudden quiet of his saber, drawing a frown.

"You have no need of them in my presence."

"I am, after Ku'ar Danar, the scion of Alsakani blood, the thirteenth Dark Lord, and the first - the
    Zero to the Dark. I am Dread Incarnate, in my Magnificence and forethought; you are merely whispers upon the wind of the Master of Masters, immaterial to the events of the now and today."

"After all."

"I think one level higher."

Folding his arms, Mal’s eyes narrowed slightly, trying to compose himself even more. Glancing over at the armoured form of his companion, ”Well…that’s not creepy…at all!” he muttered.

Turning his gaze back to the lounging form, ”Friends? And who is this Master of Masters you speak of, I’ve never heard of him before, except in ‘whispers’ in old texts.”

Akuma-Oni moved along the corridors, almost as if entranced, but also with increasing internal disquiet. As he descended towards the depths of the ghost prison, his mind felt as if it had been placed in a vise, even as feelings and images flashed, sudden and unbidden, disjointed, without rhyme or reason. The images he saw and voices he heard, snatches of truncated conversation, all seemed both foreign and familiar, yet remained out of focus. The sensation was truly maddening.

The armored warrior shook his head with a measure of force, but to little effect; still he continued to descend. Finally, Akuma and Maldael entered a chamber and came upon a lone being emanating a powerful presence.

His words teased, toyed and tortured his consciousness, as he alluded to knowledge he no longer possessed or could not access.

“Ku’ar Danar….Master of Masters…” Akuma muttered to himself, just as Maldael made a comment.

Akuma Oni took a moment to consider his own turmoil, but there was no salve he could find within himself. Hearing Maldael’s words, he was prompted to follow with his own declaration.

“Some of what you speak seems vaguely familiar to me, when it should not. I have lost a good part of my past memory and can recall none of it, no matter how I struggle for it. How is it that you call us friends when we have never met you before, not even at Corbos? Whom do you believe that I am?”

The query was part was simple enough, but was also layered.

Ku'ar Danar was an arrogant soul, and he looked at the two of them lazily.

"I believe what I know to be true," he said firstly to Akuma-Oni, "horned one..."

His droll gaze took in Maldael. "... and inevitable avatar of the quiet one... later a Taung... later an Anzati..."

The man leaned forward. "But we don't need to dally on that. Suffice to say, we know each other, or will, or did." A chuckle. "I am but a sentient piece on the board of the Jedi and Sith... the Protectors and Destructors... the Light and the Darknesses... the very Maker against the Father of Shadows."

He sat back. "I was never at Corbos because I was already here. And, even if I wasn't, it wasn't important for me to be present. I merely nudged the Dark Jedi within the heart of the Order into view, and waited for them to become Sith. I had, after, all found Korriban a century before Corbos..."

It was true.

The original tales of the discovery of Korriban had involved a singular Dark Jedi reaching Korriban and becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith, not a dozen. The story had been obfuscated in the millennia thereafter, but it had always been that Ku'ar Danar was the start... mortifyingly, for many, for what he became."

But he was not yet.

"Now. Your Black-Coated Ronin friend out there - the Master of Masters - has his own plays and ploys. Sheev Tapani has his own; Ajunta Pall has too. That Regent, he has his own as well. All master dejarik players, huddled together. What an opportunity, eh?" His eyes briefly yellowed.

"Might we kill them all and save millennia of unnecessary contention... which I will ultimately win, after all." A glint to his eye. "But yet, there is one more unaccounted for. Tor Valum. I wish to find him before snuffing out all of them."

Maldael went through a small gamut of emotions and thoughts as Ku’ar Danar spoke. His guest shifted inside him as the dark one spoke of future ‘selves’. He caught the edges of images, of beings that he knew not but reflected what the dark one had said of him. It gave him pause, as though the entire current situation was but, even in its scope, only a small portion of a battle being fought over eons. Which caused him to shudder at that thought.

Glancing at his companion he suddenly realized what the dark one had said, ”You mean to say the Ronin is this Master of Masters, hmmm.” Reaching up, he stroked the tip of one long ear. ”I admit that ending the overall threat, destroying the entrenched eons of rigid hierarchy of both the Sith and Jedi is a part of what my own goal is but some of those mentioned are needed, at least for the nonce.’

His fingers continued to rub his ear as he thought more. Pacing slightly, he had to consider all he knew, all he’d studied in the last twenty years. Which did include all his trips and battles with the Jedi and Sith as they attempted to keep him from the information he sought. ”Tor Valum…I have heard the name, in whispers or in dying breaths, but to date there is little I have conclusively found about him.”

His head cocked to the side, eyes glinting, ”Let me guess, it is your intention to have the pair of us find this being.” he both stated and asked at the same time, a wry smile on his face.

On the other hand, Akuma-Oni's internal disquiet had only increased and multiplied, however, with a mighty grunt, he forced them back, kept them from overwhelming him until they became nothing more than an incessant nagging whisper. Horned One? How did this being know the image which was emblazoned upon his war standard? The very visage of the Lord of Battle. On second thought, it didn't matter. The past, his memories, none of it matter as much as what he did now.

"If you eventually win, if you have foreseen it, then why should we help you?" Akuma-Oni wondered aloud. "Why not simply wait until all the pieces align to your advantage as they eventually will...according to you."

A stream of smoke proceeded from the masked warrior's nostrils as he huffed, his gaze then turning to Maldael.

"He needs us." Akuma-Oni concluded. "He is loathed to admit it, but this 'Tor Valum', there might be circumstances surrounding him that our 'friend' here is unable to control."

The armored warrior turned once again to face the enthroned Dread Lord.

"My grievance is with the Jedi Lords and the Shadow Sith, not with those who would call themselves allies in the present conflict. So I ask, who is Tor Valum? What is he to you? and how will you 'incentivize' us?"

Akuma-Oni folded his armored arms over his chest and regarded the seated figure. The former Dark Retainer was forged to perpetually refine himself in the Crucible of Battle, not that this destiny had worked out all too well. Still, he did not fancy the prospect of being sent on a 'fool's errand'.

“I won’t kill you both, here and now, for one,” he said absently. The man was regarding his fingernails. “Or perhaps I’ll bequeath upon you your memories, and your future. I have access to both, after all.”

“The Sith Rebellion is but the tip of the legacy that you stand upon. Millennia of Sith have come before you, and millennia will come after. Neither succeeding nor losing the Great War, until of course the galaxy Changes and breaks.”

Maldael chuckled, a harsh sound, ”Not dying is a good thing, of course.”

He eyed the dark figure, thinking for a moment, before he turned toward his armoured companion. He remembered the man from Corbos, remembered their battle and the honorable end to it. It had told him much about the man and the way they had both spoken here had told him even more.

Rubbing the tip of his ear again, another wry smile crossed his face, ”Hmmm, he makes a point about not dying. But, methinks, he didn’t truly listen to how either of us sees things. Neither of us seems interested in either the Jedi or Sith being triumphant.”

His eyes glinted, ”And…he’s not really said much about this Tor Valum, or how we could find him. Rather it’s been obscure or direct threats. Which doesn’t really endear me to assist him.”

A strange sound came from Akuma-Oni as he regarded Maldael. The armored warrior did chuckle at his words. It was a disturbing and unpleasant sound.

"He seems more interested in his nail beds than us...." Akuma observed dryly. "I propose a test, to see if he is truly a man of his word."

There was a surge of sudden movement as Akuma-Oni shot forward in a blink of an eye, his speed greatly enhanced by the Force. A single step and he was airborne, streaking through the air. An exertion of the force, as he turned in mid-air, and a flaming sword burst forth from his very hands, incandescence brought into being by his fiery will. He had been chosen as a Dark Retainer for a reason.

For anything to be proven worthy, it first had to be tested.

This was no different.

Akuma-Oni's aim would be true. If this alleged 'Dread Lord' was anything less than what he seemed, he would lose his head in short order. Were he incapable in honoring that which he himself had spoken, well...the result would speak for itself.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun, @CosmoHender, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Mitth_Fisto

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Ajunta Pall
    Watching from afar, Tinnel, the Imperial Core

Tinnel was one of those hidebound, traditionalist worlds that Pall doubted would ever change.

While Sheev Tapani had made his mark in the Tapani Sector, it was here, with other staid worlds, that the Galactic Empire had truly been born. Tinnel, Humbarine, Commenor, Rendilli, Denon - the five seats of the High Jedi Council, for one, and the most stalwart supporters of Grand Lord Ductavis.

The present Acting Emperor, to the native populace.

The Senate and Admiralty had been silenced, and not a word had come from them. Corellia was expected to comment, the twin Corellian monarchs being a factor that took with it a third of the Empire... but so far, nothing. The Emperor was reported to have been taken ill, and the Grand Vizier reported to have launched a coup which the Jedi Lords foiled, sequestering High Command and the Imperial Senators for their protection. A brutal engagement on Yn had been reported between rebel so-called True Jedi and the Jedi Lords, but of course Pall knew that Tulak Hord had assembled a fortress there, and the Shadow Sith were the true enemy.

Still, it was a good cover story for the Empire to concentrate it's forces in the Inner Rim, and to clamp down - and to keep that region vacant of civilians.

And so, Ajunta Pall wondered what cover story Janus Jerjerrod would use with Kazu.

He ached to be there, assisting, but he was back-up.

His power was too great to guarantee that High Lady Jerjerrod would not detect him, even with all manner of Sith spells of concealment to hand.

With a sniff, he settled into the meditate and track Jerjerrod.

The moment the shuttle arrived in-system, the comms chimed.

It was, as expected, the High Lady.

The channel was preceded by a message.

ANSWER OR BE BLOWN OUT OF THE SKY.

Indeed, there was a Centurion-class Star Destroyer in orbit, looking worse for wear...

It was Janus's old flagship.

The two of them had been detected, of course, because Janus shared his bloodline and was thus eminently noticeable... but that was the bait.

Kazu, conversely, was completely invisible to the Force, and long-range sensors would be unable to pick him out from the workings of their shuttle.

They were not dead yet.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Mitth_Fisto (combo)
    ---
    IC: Ku'ar Danar

Grousing

The blades zipped across the space between them, and Ku'ar Danar moved with great speed, his 'throne' cut apart in an instant, and the man whirled away, regarding Akuma-Oni and Maldael.

He hissed.

So it's treason then.

A air of power arose around him, as he seemed to hunch forward, regarding the two of them.

Let us... test how whole you are, against my Darkness, preordained, predetermined, to End this all.

[​IMG]

He laughed, maniacally, and a pair of red blades appeared to sprout from his very palms.

Did you truly believe that I was captured?

With blistering speed, he dove between them and twirled, as if he could cut them both down in an instant.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael (combo)

TAG: @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun (combo continues)

TAG: @Shadowsun (chess combo continues)

8. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Sheev Tapani & No One
    Concerned, but on an aside

His old friend seemed lost, as if he had been unhinged by the twists and turns.

By the omissions, those which had amounted to treachery, perhaps.

As the groups split between the Dark Lord, the Mandalorians, and Ku'ar Danar, he opted to take the Grand Vizier aside. He adopted a tone, teasing, as they had back on Qalydon all those centuries ago. "You sly fox, go on, speak your mind."

It was a jibe, back to when the Regent crushed him at chess.

"Sly fox?" murmured No One, as if recalling some distant memory. "I am no sly fox, I am but a fool," he spoke regarding his clothing, distracted.

"I was on the precipe of all that I worked for, only for it to be stolen from me at the finish line..." his eyes looked to Tapani and then back again. "but what disgust me most was that I could not even see it..."

Sheev walked him out of the hangar, to a room.

It had been setup for them, much like their school on Nouane, back when they'd been teens; complete with holographic back-image.

[​IMG]

"You weren't on the cusp, my old friend, that's the issue." His voice was gentle. "The Jedi Lords had decided that my advanced age was a liability." His half-Sephi ears twitched at that. "That you were not to be trusted. Ductavis always had in the back of his mind that the Jedi could - or perhaps even should - seize control of the Empire, like they did the Pius Dea regime four millennia ago."

He spoke truth.

"I had to recuse myself, to appear the doddering old man, or they would have killed us many years ago."

"Well, I see that now..." spoke No One. Sheev would know that his old friend simply loathed losing, but worse he hated losing when he was dealing with incomplete information. No One moved to the game set before them, looking at the white pieces. Even in his sour mood he could not help but have a small smile drift onto his face.

"You certainly fooled me with that old man act, I was ready to take over and put you out of your misery," he spoke with a chuckle. He sat behind the white pieces, his hand hovering as he made an opening move, one that his friend had lost to time and time again.

He sat on the windowsill, and for a moment Sheev was that young, young man of centuries ago. Before the Unification War, before he was even adopted into House Tapani. It was a fond memory.

[​IMG]

He placed his hand on the same piece he always started with.

"I remember this game so well. I used to assign names and faces to these pieces." He regarded them. "Figures from our Politics lessons." He hefted the black piece. He had always been black. The 'Villain' of the game, he liked to think. "So I could weave them going forward."

He smiled slightly.

"I'd have been disappointed in you if you hadn't planned to take me down. For Order, we must do anything that we have to. To see beyond the Twilight War." He grimaced, a little.

No One smiled, his fingers hovering over the white pieces... playing the hero trying to resist the corruption of the dark. The memory of him choking the admiral played out in his mind. He was not a faultless hero no doubt.

Hero... no, perhaps not. Perhaps he was just a villain in another form. He smiled as he recognized the move of the Emperor, moving another piece as he formed his side of the board. It was still early, so many possibilities that in time would slowly be reduced to one.

"Anything? Including working with former Sith?" he asked. Even despite his errors, his slips of judgment to his core he loathed the Dark Side... he viewed it as a path of cheap, ineffectual, and corrupting power. The Emperor knew this well, it stemmed all the way back to their days of orphans.

"The Sith we know nowadays are the corrupted remnants of the Jedi and the Republic," Sheev said, firmly. "They are not True Sith." He moved a piece, the same as always again, but not yet in range of his old friend. "They're merely levers now. Ones which stain me as a mortal, yes, but the immortal soul of the Force is untouched by their machinations, for the most part."

"True Sith or no..." he began once more, moving another piece "they carry darkness within them and that darkness has the capacity to corrupt," His eyes looked up Sheev. "To utterly destroy that Order which we both seek,"

"Can they not be made into tools of Order?" He shifted a third piece. Once again, the plays he had always used. "This is what we often disagreed about. Whether the darkness was needed or not."

"Indeed, it was" A fourth move, it was a new one this time... A moment of quiet as he viewed the board. "Darkness seeks disorder, and can change from controlled to uncontrolled within a moment's notice... though..." his thoughts turned to that of the Jedi. "It would seem that is true Light as well,"

The Emperor allowed a frown. He had lost many times over to his old friend playing a certain way, why change? Because obviously, he wasn't falling for the trap - the trap of predictability. Sheev smiled, and looked around their illusionary room; at the Forcesaber hilt hanging from the wall, a centrepiece enshrined in a clock that included the symbols of the Jedi and Sith.

Watching.

An Eye within it, Legend said.

He looked back to the board.

"The Light becomes restrictive; hidebound. Ossified. And when the natural flow of life seeks to break that cage - it strikes back." A snort, as he made a new move; a path they'd never taken. He had two pieces imperilled, suddenly, but only one would allow him a counter. "A Jedi coup against the Empire was inevitable. When the Republic falls below their expectations, they are given two choices. To act as the Recusant, and let the tragedy play out - as they did at Desevro, during the Pius Dea Crusades - or to take action, as they eventually did against Constispex, against me, against you."

"Light becomes restrictive?" began the Regent questioningly "Or the Jedi?" his hand hovering over the pieces, a smile wafting onto his face.

"There is more to Light than meets the eye, more than just the Jedi... you see..." his hand settled on a piece.

"...Light has a habit of surprising you," and then he moved it. "And that's perhaps most of all why I will continue my struggle to achieve it, as imperfect as I am,"

He laughed, caught out, a piece down. But he struck back. "And the Darkness is always upon your heels, do not worry about that."

"Oh this is a fun memory," he said, drily. "I am glad I asked for this room to be setup. I suspected we may need to... renew our friendship."

No One smiled as the Emperor made a bold move.

"Yes perhaps we did, I am pleased to see you have not become the doddering old fool I took you for," another moving, pressing the advantage he had gained.

"Though... if you ever keep me out of the loop of your plans like that again... I will kill you," he spoke this in a joking fashion, laughing gleefully though there was that tinge of seriousness to it that the Emperor would feel.

Sheev laughed. "Oh I am sure I won't earn my retirement among the Gungans. I've started down the forbidden path." He touched a piece he had not yet, and opened a whole new front with one swift action. "And so I must pay the ultimate price," he said, rueful.

"Ultimate price?" inquired No One simply, pushing a piece in defense. He had a question to ask, but he wanted to know how far Sheev was going to go this time.

"Why, death, of course," Sheev said sadly. "I am an old, old, old man, my friend." He pursued the piece that retreated with another, expanding the frontline.

"I see," spoke No One, pressing forward with his own frontline. "And what use am I to you, old friend... I have made a... poor impression on our fellows here. And I am no guerilla leader. I do not see what I can do for you,"

"Keep me keen, as ever, no?" Sheev smiled sadly. "Prevent me from falling, from becoming what I seek to prevent." He checked his frontline, sought to shorten his exposure and maximise the casualties that his friend would have to take to break through.

"I've been playing watchkeeper for our whole lives..." he smiled as he looked at the pieces, making a sacrificial move in a bid to gain an advantageous position. "I wonder if I'll ever get bored of it," he murmured.

The move worked, and Sheev began a whole-sole retreat...

"I have no doubt you will. But we both know that I want to see what's after the Change..." A wry smirk. "And you don't think I should risk it."

[​IMG]

There was a commotion in the Force; violence in the lower levels.

"Well, something is happening, at very least."

He stroked his chin.

"Tell me what you want, my old friend, and I'll grant it, if it is within my power."​

"What I want?" repeated No One allowed. Pressing further with his advantage.

"You cannot possible give me what I want,"

The retreat allowed defences to overlap, but the Emperor didn't seem able to achieve it in time. Pieces were lost, and his old friend advanced firmly into his half of the board, remnant pieces retreating to three sides of the board -

"Try me."

No One contemplated for a moment, his quiet blue eyes meeting the amber of the Emperor

"I want you to arrange a method to kill all the Sith. Former or otherwise. Ready to be implemented as soon as they are no longer needed," He viewed the divided pieces of the Emperor, weakened in their separation. No One plunged further into the heart of the battle... towards the Emperor's king. Seeking to commence his impending doom.

Sheev hesitated, and his distraction meant he moved a piece without thinking, making his circumstances worse.

He had been thrown off, but he recovered, speaking firmly. "Deal."

"Careful now," spoke No One with poised diligence as he did not make the Emperor's position any easier. Both on the board and in reality.

"Not thinking things through and hesitation will lead to our demise,"

"Deal, I said," Sheev grinned. He touched his lead piece, and put it down.

"You win, my old friend." He looked back up at the man from the board. "So what shall I call you now?"

"You can call me..." the raven-haired man thought again finger brought to his chin. "...Licht,"

[​IMG]
    Note: Hair is still long, not short as depicted above
    TAG: @Sinrebirth

9. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Combo w/ @CosmoHender @Sinrebirth

IC: Marcus & Nin
    Ghost Prison

Marcus stayed silent as Vhett went over the information they had available. He remembered both XoXann and Karness Murr, having met the two of them prior to the Battle of Corbos. XoXann, he recalled, had been a stubborn woman who believed that the path to the galaxy's greater truths could be found in the ways of the dark side. Marcus was far more familiar with Karness Murr, who had engineered the leviathans. Both Murr and XoXann were skilled dark side healers, but Murr could also use the dark side to twist, prolong, and preserve life. Marcus remembered how Murr used to delve into the arcane practices of the dark side, including alchemy...

"I think dividing our numbers would be foolish," Marcus finally said. "Taking down just one Shadow Sith will not be an easy task and I think it is better for us to devote our resources into eliminating one and succeed rather than splitting our resources into going after both and failing. If we split up, the chance of failure for both missions is greater. Between the two of them, I think we should go after Murr. In my opinion, he is much more dangerous than XoXann so it is important that he gets taken out sooner."

"I would agree, a surgical focused assault will bolster the advantage we already have..." he mused looking at the worlds that were displayed. "That they are not expecting us," This was not his preferred method of going about his Pathway of Nin, but perhaps... maybe... he would find a suitable apprentice along the way. "I have no particular preference in which one we hunt first," he continued.

The Mandalorian nodded. "Agreed. It is unlikely Muur will communicate with XoXaan - the Shadow Lords are all rivals after all. They seek to undermine the other." A gesture, nonchalant. "It was Tulak Hord who sent XoXaan's Black Knights to Kijimi, after all."

A nod. "I shall have a dozen warriors ready. Four for each of us. We can pose as mercenaries seeking work, unless you have a better idea." A pause. "Does Muur personally know either of you?"

"He knows me," Marcus confirmed. "I worked with him during the Hundred Year Darkness. I've seen what he can do. I know how dangerous he is."

"No," spoke Nin simply his eyes watching the Mandolorian carefully. He had never met a Mandolorian before, despite all his travels. He was still yet unsure what to make of them beyond myth and legend.

"So," the Mandalorian scoffed. "He knows one of you."

A musing. "Muur apparently wants Force-sensitive specimens for his experiments..." He regarded Marcus and Nin. "Shall we have Nin here 'capture' you, Marcus, and get an in before we rock up to cause a distraction? In the middle of it all, the two of you can kill Muur, and we'll move on."

The Mandalorian's made a guttural noise of agreement.

Marcus rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because I can't see how that could possibly go wrong. Fake prisoner plans are incredibly risky. I would advise against one."

"Such a plan keeps us with a singular option, restricted to that path, a more covert option would give us greater flexibility..." he spoke directly, unlike the other two here there was no hint of derisiveness in his tone. His head then moved towards Marcus.

"Particularly if something goes awry,"

The Taung shrugged again, plates rustling. "It's your lives, auretiise."

Burly arms folded, the nonhuman shrugged. "Undercover mercs it is, then." He looked to the team. "Move out."

The troops saluted, and began to noisily head to their ship.

Nin gave a nod in agreement, eyeing his lightsaber and taking out a small book, flipping through to eye one of the handwritten passages before placing it away.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @CosmoHender

10. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

Janus never thought he would be back home this early. His wife and son were hopefully still safe here. But his sister…she was about to get an unwelcome visit.

And right in front of him….the Electrostar. Still looking bad even though she was supposed to be in for repairs. Had his sister commandeered her? He would be getting the ship back no questions asked.

He sent a message to Electrostar: STAND BY, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED. Hopefully if the comm officers were still his loyal crew they would get the coded message he was back. And maybe if there were any traitors aboard they would be dealt with.

To the comm channel "Hello sister, this is your brother. Now I think it's time for a civilised chat since you seem to have turned traitor and seem to have grabbed my ship whilst it's being repaired".

Janus muted thier end of the channel and looked to Kazu "We need a good cover story for you, do you have on in mind?"

K4-ZU-P8489 or Kazu found the trip a perfect instance to decompile and scan this units systems for errors or damage that might alter this unit's functionality. Upon arrival the comms went off and conversations brought this unit back to full standby. The Admiral without a fleet asked a question concerning a cover story for this unit. "This unit is a combat unit from two decades prior. This unit could be seen as an antique or as a repurposed bodyguard unit. False designation left to organic consideration to decide." Kazu calmly stated as he unplugged from the shuttle's recharge port.

WE AWAIT THE EAGLE TO SOAR.

The crew responded! Loyally, at that.

High Lady of the Jedi Order Jerjerrod appeared on the screen; she had converted the channel to image.

"Janus, you appear to have embroiled the family in quite the drama. Could you not read the room, proverbially speaking, and follow what High Lord Veers was suggesting? The Emperor obviously had to be removed, and you rather obviously rebuffed our offer." She huffed.

"Bodyguard it is then" Janus said "Stand by, if things get rather fraught I may need you on weapons duty here".

He smiled though as the message from the Electrostar "We have extra backup as well. My ship over there which is my flagship has sent the correct signal back to my original message. We may have some extra firepower".

He unmuted the channel after his sister spoke "Dear sister do uou not see your folly? You appear to be on the wrong side. Only the Emperor can lead us to victory against the Sith, you know that yet you chose to mutiny".

"But I am here as your brother, not an Admiral. Can we not be family just for once? Let me and my bodyguard land, let us speak as we once did. I'm sure my wife and Artemis would like to hear that thier family member treated me well. Artemis misses his aunt you know…"

Kazu did his best to stay back, still, nondescript and as well out of the holoreceptors pickup as he could manage. There was nothing for this unit to do now until such time either combat or in person negotiations began.

"Bodyguard?" The woman sounded curt. "I do not sense anyone with the Force... show me this bodyguard, while I grant permission to land."

She turned aside for a moment and barked orders, and a pair of SIE Fighters moved up to escort them down before she looked back -

That it seemed was Kazu's cue so Janus nodded for the droid to come forward if it wished to.

The unit did not wish to. It knew it had based on the psychological profile and reaction of this Admiral's family to date. Why the man had indicated him had merit, but also was point this unit had thought was open to leave unstated in polite upper echelons of society. Still, the issue had been pressed.

Stepping forward this unit gave a crisp salute. To a member of the republic. Of the Jedi. Disdain was not even calculable in the programming tide of its circuits. "Bodyguard Unit K4-ZU-P8489 presenting for inspection. Primary protectee, Admiral. Secondary protected class - Republic. Tertiary protection for self minimized. Does the Admiral wish to add or change this listing for this units sole function?" It was lies, but it was the best this unit could do with the limited processing time.

The Jedi High Lord paused, regarding the droid. "Interesting. A Sith war droid. Very rare now," she sounded thoughtful. "And very dangerous." Her voice was raised. "K4, be sure to add myself to your protection protocols."

Her eyes cut to Janus. "Authorise as much, please."

"No, I do not wish to change your designation" he responded to the droid as he continued to bring the shuttle down "But perhaps add my sister to protection protocols as ordered". He was going to play along with the droid.

That would keep her quiet, of course he hoped the droid would not actually do it, or could do something to pass inspection at least.

Kazu performed a cursory nod, "Unit designation maintained. Individual identified as Sister added to protection protocols. Unable to finalize 'sister' in protection protocols. Sister must present for retinal, biological, and vocal harmonic scans to prevent impersonation suspicion for future protection actions. Protection Protocol Update incomplete. Please address missing data to complete Protection Protocol Update at your earliest convenience." With a loud servo whir for dramatic effect this unit backed away from the holo-transceiver to once more stand at its taken place to stand by.

The Jedi High Lord was annoyed. “Fine, fine. Come to the coordinates. Immediately.”

At that, Jerjerrod cut off.

Janus nearly snorted at the droid's response. But at least they could come down now, so he did so moving the shuttle to the coordinates.

He felt a little better now they had extra backup with the Electrostar confirming it was still loyal to him. But he couldn't count on it as the poor ship still looked battered.

"This is your first test Kazu" he said to the droid "If we are to defeat the Jedi Lords we will need to use every trick we have. I hope you have some measures to deal with my sister should things turn nasty…."

Kazu blinked his photoreceptors slowly, "This model unit performed best in tangent for lower level Jedi. Present methods for dealing with a Lord that are available are untested. If you wish for the unit to act to in a surprise fashion to initiate the 'turn nasty' course of events, would you like to set a code word or gesture?"

"Well then maybe we get to see how good you are against a Jedi Lord, or in this case Lady" Janus responded.

"And I think you'll know when it turns nasty because she'll get her lightsaber out and try and kill us both. Maybe just a gesture will do" he performed a gesture which was basically a wave of his left hand.

"Then you can fully unleash yourself…."

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Mitth_Fisto

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Maldael, Akuma-Oni, and Ku’ar Danar - fun with greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth

Treason? They had agreed on nothing- but that did not matter. This was clearly the 'negotiation' phase.

Akuma-Oni's attack had missed, as he expected it would, but the 'Dread Lord's' riposte had been quicker and far more powerful than he'd anticipated. The armored warrior was barely able to put up a proper defense and half-parried the would-be-lethal counter attack. Akuma-Oni growled as the sheer power of the impact knocked him back. A blistering red line snarled up at him, an incandescent mark marring his lower torso where he would have been otherwise bisected by the attack, save for the very portion where his fire blade had deflected.

The former Dark Retainer skidded across the unforgiving and indifferent floor as he quickly gained his footing and righted himself, his fire blade leaving a lengthy jagged scar upon the black surface. The Dread Lord was beginning to make a decent first impression as he appeared to have the command of both language and the Force.

"Not captured?" Akuma-Oni retorted, his delivery more an accusation than a query. "So why pretend to imprison yourself?"

The warrior took a neutral stance as he affected a quick flourish. The excitement coursing through him was rather palpable through the force. Facing-off against a foe that could best him was a rare gift- one that he deeply craved. Furtively, he'd glanced at Maldael, while keeping the enemy always in sight.

Mal laughed, ”Treason? Against who?” he replied jovially.

One blade dropped into his hand, the other a white, almost clear, lightning began to crackle.

Seeing, sensing the moment that the dark one moved, he spun, blade interposed between the two of them. He heard the screech as the dark one’s blade creased the thighpad of his armor. As he spun back around the lightning in his hand grew in intensity until a ball of it englobed it.

He heard Akuma-Oni’s question, head tilting to the side for a moment as he shifted position, bringing the dark one between him and his companion. ”An excellent question. What is here that has you remain and not venture forth to find this being you want found, on your own?”

Danar snarled at the question. "None of your business." The lightning englobing him exploded outward, rivulets of energy coruscating around the room, and a flare of his hands saw dark chains appear around their throats, linked to his hands. He closed his fists around those shackles, and they scalded at their necks -

Chains!!!!

Too many confusing and hateful images of chains and pain flooded his mind in that instance, even as his body reacted almost automatically as he snarled in feral anger, his breath issuing plumes of flames. Akuma-Oni leapt at the Dread Lord with blinding speed! His Flame Sword trailed a long steak of brilliance as it sliced down in a chopping motion at the Dread Lord's shoulder. The former Dark Retainer closed the distance in order to rob his enemy of using the chains to his advantage and would also deprive him of his offending arm, lest he be choked into unconsciousness.

Mal warded his mind, blocking it from the pain of the chain around his throat as the chain settled around it. He could feel, only remotely, the burning it was causing as he let a death’s head rictus cross his face. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw his ally closing on the dark one and the smile widened. His free arm wrapped around the chain as the lightning died in that palm. Pulling in the Force as he used his strength, he pulled hard on the chain, seeking to pull their foe off balance and into the thrust of Akuma-Oni’s attack.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun, @CosmoHender, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Mitth_Fisto

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sheev Tapani
    Disturbed

A genocide of the Sith.

That was.

Extreme.

But clearly his old friend had settled on a solution. The Dark Lord of the Sith would not approve (no surprises), but Sheev would have to manage that one way of another.

By the time that he had finished with Licht, a ship had departed for Tinnel, and another for Taris. The death of the Jedi and Shadow Sith Lords had began. Finally.

Two of the prisoners had gone to each. Antilles was in reserve for Jerjerrod and Kazu; the Taung we’re backing up Marcus and Nin.

That left others.

His sons, for one. Sheev knew he’d have to deal with them at some point. He looked back to the chess board on Nouane, and spoke up. “End hologram.” The system did so, leaving the chess board.

Sheev didn’t allow his gaze to linger.

He swept out. “Do you want to speak to my sons, or to Maldael and Akuma-Oni? They should have dealt with the prisoner by now. A deal undoubtedly.” He sniffed. “Wasn’t there a thirteen prisoner?”

Try as he might, Sheev could not remember the Ronin Black-Coat. He shrugged. Must have been twelve.

TAG: @Shadowsun (combo)
    —-
    The lowest levels

With a surprised cry, Danar was yanked forward and impaled upon Akuma-Oni’s blades. He hung there for a long moment, eyes wide.

Ku’ar Danar, the apocryphal Sith, he was supposed to head to Nilbremah, tether his soul to a monolith of stone, and be a perennial annoyance for seven millennia.

So vexing was he that it was conspired to destroy his creations, since renamed the Taspan system, in a great and grand Shadow War between Palpatine and the True Sith who resisted him. His dark research into Ooru, the Rotten Sickness, the Gates to Otherspace, the biotech of the Old Ones, his seizure of the ancient shipyards of Exegol -

The destruction of Ku’ar Danar, that was merely an addendum, taking with it much of the planet Taspan - forcing its rock-based inhabitants to settle on the nearby world of Mindor. The Battle of Mindor, well, thats unimportant to this.

But it was sufficient to say that Danar wasn’t supposed to die here and now.

The chains fell away from Maldael and Akuma-Oni.

What had they done?

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael (singles)
    —-
    IC: Jedi High Lord Jerjerrod

Tinnel, the White Castle

They, Janus and Kazu were directed to a distant part of the worlds northernmost continent. A castle stood, at the edge of a fog filled area.

Pale, pristine, as if a spot upon it would draw the ultimate ire of its owner.

The White Castle.

[​IMG]

The keep of High Lord Jerjerrod.

She stood there, garbed in black, her hood down, looking displeased. A bolt of lighting crackled above them, reflected in her eyes.

[​IMG]

“This is so annoying. Hurry up, war droid, I have targets to sic you upon - and the fleet needs a Supreme Commander, don’t you think, Janus?”

Her voice leaned on him.

It was suggestive; was she attempting a mind trick?

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Mitth_Fisto (combo)
    —-
    IC: Vhett

On the way

The jump from the Ghost Prison wasn’t especially long, but Vhett supplied a further briefing. “The data that Maldael brought back indicated that Sith Derriphan-class cruisers serve Muur, so we do need to be careful. They’re very tough, and carry nimble fighters that smart - let along the gunboat escorts. The ships hit Thustra and brought down the Mid Rim Alliance, working with XoXaan’s ships, launched from Ambria.”

He didn’t sound too happy.

Their ship was a standard model Imp shuttle, stripped of identifying features. But it was a fat target if the Sith shot at it. Decent shields, but not against a gunboat. He didn’t like it, and yet he couldn’t think of a better way to get close to a Shadow Sith Lord.

He was sure to emphasise to his fellow Taung that their beskar was best used as a surprise - a Dark Jedi would be caught out of their blade didn’t cut through them, giving them a small opening. He did have spare suits with him, but Vhett didn’t advertise them to Nin or Marcus. Nor would he object if they took on the beskar - Sheev Tapani was paying them well.

But when they arrived, there were no ships in orbit.

None whatsoever.

Vhett hesitated, as the comms opened.

A Taung checked his helmet. “Its a Sith calling himself Kressh, herald of Lord Muur; he wants to know why we’re here.”

The Mandalorian’s looked to their guests for a cue.

TAG: @Shadowsun, @CosmoHender (combo)

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Akuma-Oni
    The Code

The Dread Lord was down.

But not out.

Though the dark chains had fallen away from his neck, Akuma-Oni did not extinguish his flame sword, which bristled with incandescence as an extension of his will.

The maddening images swirling within his mind subsided for the moment, even as his masked visage regarded the form of he who had beckoned them.

Peace was a lie - and an animal was most dangerous when wounded. For still, the Dread Lord’s power resonated all around them. He was not to be trusted, but tested. He had to be found worthy.

Worthy of the tenets that were held as true.

As for Maldael, something most uncanny had occurred. For a lucid fraction of a second, Akuma-Oni had felt great surge of familiarity, the moment the two of them battled against their common foe. Images which faded as soon as they had appread, flashed in his mind’s eye, before vanishing in the mist of his failing recollection. However, the strong feeling of something akin to a past bond did linger, uncomfortably so.

Such a thing seemed impossible and inexplicable, yet it was.

Not wishing to be distracted by this, the masked warrior nodded to the sephi, before addressing the Dread Lord.

“Are we still immaterial to today’s events…?”

A dark rasp.

Akuma-Oni’s eyes narrowed to a piercing gaze behind his mask.

“Or is this all some insipid posturing on your part?”

Dun Möch

The former Dark Retainer remained focused on the Dread Lord as he sought to elicit a response from the being, while in the back of his mind, he did wonder if anyone on the floor above could sense the conflict, especially Ajunta Pall.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Maldael Fesh

Maldael’s eyes widened fractionally as the dark one was impaled on his companion’s blade. He hadn’t expected that his addition to the attack that Akuma-Oni was making to be as effective as it had been. Or that the being was there impaled. When the chains fell away he felt a curious sensation. His eyes flicked over to the armoured one, head tilting to the side. Something, past or future, he couldn’t quite tell was singing in the Force between them. He himself certainly wasn’t a Sith but somehow it felt as though the two of them were conjoined links in a chain that stretched out, across the eons.

His head moved back to vertical as he heard his companion speak. He could feel the underlying currents in the Force, the subtle workings of power inherent in the words. His ears flicked as he nodded, not trusting that the dark one was dead either. On quiet feet he moved closer, shifting the chains away with his feet, the only noise of his movement.

His free hand reached up, touching his throat, a small surge of the Force and the scar tissue that had already formed from the dark one’s attack faded, leaving only a thin line. He moved to the side, making it so that, should the dark one be feigning what had happened, their foe couldn’t take them both at once. ”That was too easy…especially for one who seemed as he is.” his voice calm but firm as he spoke to his companion.

”Whether he truly is dead or not, that being he spoke of may be an even bigger threat. And, currently, only you and I know both that this one seems to have died and, possibly, that the other is so vital to the dark future he desires.”

He reached out, his senses questing to determine whether any signs of vitality remained in the being, and further he scoured the chamber they were in, to see if any other shred of the being’s essence inhabited this space. After all this could only be some sort of homunculus and the true dark one was hiding somewhere else, in here.

”Either way, I have a feeling we just became beings who are more important than we would be otherwise.” he muttered, a dry humor in his tone now.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Unamused

The Dread Lord was dead...

...Or so it seemed.

Akuma-Oni observed the slowly decaying form with due suspicion; suspicion which was rewarded within moments, as a spectral form rose from the dying mound.

The Dread Lord spoke, declaring how death was only the beginning, but continued on, speaking more lies and contradictions.

If it wished for death, then it was death by the hands of another. Now it insinuated that it needed life. With his words, he said he would 'take', but his actions indicted otherwise, because if he could take anyone, it would have done so already. If he thought any within the room would simply 'volunteer'......

The former Dark Retainer scoffed at the apparition.

"The dead can make no demands here. However powerful you were in life, though not powerful enough to prevent falling to our combined efforts, you appear to posses insufficient strength to take anyone by force. Your present 'weakness' is more than apparent. Begone, or seek some vermin in this prison to possess and begin the cycle anew."

Akuma-Oni's irritation grew in intensity. That he should need to speak at length was annoying, but the encounter with the Dread Lord had been more disappointing than he cared to admit to himself. Odd. What had he been expecting?

"Begone!" he repeated, waving his flame sword, even as he waited for oblivion to take the untethered spirit.

Tag: @Sinrebirth , @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  17. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Licht

“Wasn’t there a thirteen prisoner?”

Licht tilted his head. "Yes, there was, a fellow in a black coat that accompanied me, I wonder where he went off to..." he inclined his head as he considered the previous question of his old friend.

“Do you want to speak to my sons, or to Maldael and Akuma-Oni? They should have dealt with the prisoner by now. A deal undoubtedly.” He sniffed. “Wasn’t there a thirteen prisoner?”

"Those boys of yours, pitiful as ever," mused Licht, his disdain at their inability to work together, it sickened him to see such pampered babies.

"Yes, I might as well meet these 'Sith' if we are going to work with them," The word Sith was spoken with disdain. "Your boys can wait,"

TAG: @Sinrebirth

darthbernael likes this.
  18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Akuma-Oni and Maldael Fesh
    The Ghost Prison, deepest depths - Before the Rise of the spirit

Akuma-Oni remained motionless until he finally felt it pass into nothingness.

The Dread Lord was in fact- irrefutably dead.

An unsavory mix of surprise and disappointment washed over him as he realized that the Dread Lord had truly expired. He'd hoped to have found someone worthy beyond his imagining, a stimulating force, a re-affirming Titan, but no such transcendence transpired. Had this being been anything he'd claim in the first place?

There was an audible 'whooshing' sound as the Dark Warrior's flame sword was extinguished, for that extension of his will was no longer required. With a huff, he looked down to the Dread Lord's remains, plumes of black smoke issuing from his nostrils.

Pitiful

Languidly did Akuma-Oni's armored visage turn toward Maldael, an unspoken question hovered in that momentary stillness.

Had this being simply spoken of possible mysteries in a frivolous manner, in order to entice them both? Or had he true knowledge of his missing memories? Sithspawn!! Now, it was impossible to know and the opportunity was forever lost.

Akuma-Oni snarled within his helmet, displeased, but offered no words, for none were needed. However, upon sensing the approach of another being, he began to turn in its direction. This one felt even stranger than the young force user called Nin - and far less trustworthy.

Maldael’s head cocked to the side, the tips of his ears twitching as the sense of the dark one faded. His eyes remained on the crumpled form as the being’s power slowly evaporated. This entire encounter had been odd, the dark one seeming to have knowledge of both he and Akuma-Oni as well as possibly past and future versions of them. Yet…he wasn’t as close to as strong as he’d intimated to the two of them. Perhaps they’d encountered him before his true rise to power or he’d stagnated in the time of his supposed imprisonment.

Shaking his head, it mattered little now. At least in the short term it mattered little. If what the dark one had said was true then his influence in the future was now changed, was gone. Which made him wonder how that would truly affect future events.

He felt, heard, sensed Akuma-Oni’s thought causing him to glance over at his companion. ”Truly. I felt power within him but he felt more willing to be the trickster and not the leader. Which means…whether he was honest or not matters not as well.”

Turning, his eyes flared as he felt another approaching. The sense of the being was familiar, only recently familiar, from the earlier tableau above. ”Let us see how this one reacts to the death of that dark one. It may prove…educational.” his tone was wry as he spoke, setting himself to face the one who approached.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ghost Prison, deepest depths - After the Rise of the spirit

The sudden change in the atmosphere of the erstwhile cell caused Maldael to turn from his observation of the door and the imminent arrival of another. There was a return to the feel of the same presence as they had just faced as he turned to face in that direction. He had to repress a snort as the red limned figure rose from where the corpse had decayed.

As Akuma-Oni spoke, he nodded, agreeing with the armoured man.

"The dead can make no demands here. However powerful you were in life, though not powerful enough to prevent falling to our combined efforts, you appear to posses insufficient strength to take anyone by force. Your present 'weakness' is more than apparent. Begone, or seek some vermin in this prison to possess and begin the cycle anew."

Mal kept his attention focused on the being before them, the spirit, focusing his mind and raising his mental defenses to their highest. He would not allow this spirit to take either himself or his companion so this would be an intriguing next few moments.

His lips quirked at Akuma-Oni’s command to the spirit, aware that the power behind them could influence it but that there would be more needed. The smile broadened as he took in the translucent form. ”He thinks he can just take either of us. Ancient he may be but omniscient he is not.”

One hand reached out, ”Do as the armoured one says, I’d recommend, you’ll find no succor from either of us. However, if you persist, chained and tethered you will be and your plans will never come to fruition.” He began to focus on the energy needed to bind a spirit, studied in an ancient text he had studied in the past twenty years. ”Choose, arrogant one.”

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Emperor
    Interrupting

Emperor Sheev Tapani smiled slightly as he led Licht to the room, conscious that Licht was likely, much as the Ronin-Master did, to step aside and prefer the shadows.

His eyes took in the looming Sith spirit, and Maldael and Akuma-Oni, a body on the floor. "Well, I was told that Ku'ar Danar was supposed to be a great threat in the future. That certainly..." He almost licked his lips. "Changed."

"So, now what? Do you surrender life, knowing that you're undone?"

A slight salute to Akuma-Oni.

"We do have your students to kill, after all, and an Empire to save."

The spirit regarded his corpse.

What is happening. Memories, I have them, of becoming Dread, of affixing myself to a monolith for millennia... of a New Sith Order that I seized, and lost... of a Grand Sith Empire, brought low...

He looked to Akuma-Oni.

You served me, once, no?

The Emperor chuckled. "Less of this, please. We wouldn't want to spoil the Sephi."

But not you?

The spirit reared up, diving over the two Sith, seeking the Emperor's body -

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael

TAG: @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun (combo bump)

TAG: @AgentViper007, @Mitth_Fisto (combo finalising)

20. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

And so they arrived at his sister's place. Which compared to his place was positively huge.

Hands behind his back he descended the ramp of the shuttle. And his sister got right down to it. Janus was not sure how Kazu would react to being ordered about.

"And hello to you too sister" Janus replied stony faced "And I would advise keeping that tone out of your voice. I am not here for you to play mind games. I am here because we need to deal with traitors".

"And do not forget this droid is currently my bodyguard, it does not take orders from you currently but I believe it still has the protection protocol to run on you…."

Looking for a moment at Janus K4-ZU-P8489 or Kazu made sure to subtly reinforce the point the man was saying before turning to walk toward this man's sister. "Height measurements complete. Please expose footwear that adjustments can be made if alternative foot coverings or lack thereof are used. Once within range cranial and facial scans will be completed. Iris scan will be required for either eye. Hand scans and dental recommended for worst case identification failsafe's. If you could wear the halo a proper brain wavelength and biorhythm can be obtained as the other scans are measurements are done." removing the item from a satchel what he held was a circlet with various arrays of sensors clustered together. This was not a truly functional set as advertised, but also had the benefit of being able to discharge a stun charge if in contact with an organic if remotely triggered. With a Jedi Lord it was best to have contingencies already in place before a battle began to try and avoid open conflict in any prolonged fashion.

Jedi Lord Jerjerrod snorted. "Let's not play."

A bolt of lightning emerged from her fingers, striking Kazu. She assumed it would fry him completely, and a flex of her hand would send the droid tumbling.

"You're the traitor, Janus. To the House; to the Navy; to the Empire. The Emperor was senile, he was going to let his sons tear apart the galaxy, and leave us exposed to the Shadow Sith." Her finger flexed. "I could kill you right here, if I didn't have a need for you."

Janus watched Kazu go down and get thrown aside. Looked like his sister was not going to play around. He just hoped Kazu had not been completely taken out of the picture.

He of course had no weapons thanks to his blaster and sword being destroyed aboard Quantum.

He snorted "I think you have it the wrong way around. It is you that is the traitor, and I will make sure you, the other Jedi Lords, and all the other traitors are exposed and taken care of".

"And you will spend the rest of your life in a cell, wondering why you chose the wrong side. The Sith must be laughing their heads off thanks to this coup. I will bring glory to the Empire and our House, and you will be ruined".

"But humour me, what do you need me for?"

"I need a loyal Admiral," she said, simply, not paying any heed to the downed droid.

Kazu, as a Sith war bot, had redundancies against a fellow darksider taking issue with his behaviour. Processors would be hardened, and the lightning bolt, while damaging, was not nearly as crippling as High Lord Jerjerrod thought it would be. He was, for the moment, unattended, and about 65% unharmed.

"So will you be accepting..." A set of rather wicked looking yellow-knifes appeared in her hands. Plated with phrik, the daggers could stand up to lightsabers; she preferred them to drawn out duels. "Or do I need to find another candidate? Your protégé, perhaps? Antilles?"

ERROR - ERROR - SYSTEMS ERROR -

Kazu's systems and processes screamed from the burden that was placed upon them. The droid reflexively went limp, unlocking all servos and systems so that when it was tossed aside it fell like a rag doll. The collar had been dropped, skidding forward from momentum and possible explosive arcing electricity to skid along the ground toward the Lord that had electrocuted him.

Systems lights stayed muted after the assault. Program 64 was being executed. Pacification through prostration protocol.

A soft analysis saw his systems currently at 65% efficiency. Direct assault advised unless submission was planned. Submission was not an option. With these viabilities foremost in Kazu's processors he triggered a series of servos to aim and fire his flamethrower as his other arm fired slugs at her.

Thankfully Kazu got back up….and started firing at her.

Janus's sister looked ready for a fight. No need to comm for backup yet. If she dropped one of those knives he would join in. For now he was going to stand back and watch the show unfold.

"I think the answer is no," Janus said with a smirk, and he made the gesture he and Kazu had agreed on. Time to unleash the beast.

She flipped to the left, placing her hand on the floor as she did, deftly turning -

A booted foot flicked out at the side of Janus's head, and she landed on her feet, brandishing her daggers and readying them to throw, coruscating with electricity -

But along the way, she had left a handful of daggers on the floor, where she'd had to place her palm on the floor -

Janus took the boot to the head, it wasn't enough to knock him out but it was still quite a whack.

Kazu hadn't unleashed himself yet but Janus couldn't stop to think too much. Instead he dived before his sister could throw any of her knives, grabbed a couple and threw them at her, grabbing a couple more whilst on the floor.

Come on Kazu, now is your chance.

Kazu took a second to reassess the situation. Then a second longer. This Jedi Lord was fighting outside normal parameters. Alternate tactics needed, assessing. . .assessing. . .alternative tactics chosen. Drawing out the Mandalorian steel sword Kazu brought the hilt high, tip held low as he angled to keep her to his side. Dipping his head that operated as a shield hat in such situations Kazu pre-charged his servos capacitors.

Hopefully his armoured sections would be enough to stand up to the more standardised electro daggers that this Jedi Lord favoured. Launching himself forward in a rapid series of randomly selected attack patterns so that there was no choice nor conscious precalculation to killing the Jedi Lord, merely a battle routine being acted out - if someone got in the path of the blade or the randomised squirts of flamethrower fire blasts? Well that was an industrial accident as per most jurisdictions. This preset could be altered if needed based on self preservation detection reaction software. Otherwise minor damage would be acceptable for successful completion.

The Jedi High Lord planted her feet and blinked as she recognised the beskar steel. She flipped a dagger at Janus absently, but it was poorly targeted and whisked past his cheek, raising blood but a mere scratch -

Her daggers rebounded from the droids carapace and then he was all over her, her wielding her last two daggers in a vain attempt to deflect the brute force of his blows, using the Force to nudge aside what she could, wincing in struggle -

Mind reaching out, she sought her other daggers, spying servo motors and joints she could drive her weapons into -

But Janus had several of them in his hands. Her mind sought a mental tug, and the High Lord's face turned to her brother. "Give me!"

This briefly exposed her to whatever Kazu had in mind for her to finish this fight -

Kazu it seemed had unleashed the beast. And the droid was going full throttle. Janus knew his sister would now be struggling against the double attack, as powerful as she was.

Janus was caught by a dagger, but he threw more at her, giving Kazu the chance to give his sister what she deserved.

Which was a good kicking.

Kazu pressed forward, stabbing in a swivel coring motion toward the Jedi Lords chest. She was merely in the way of an industrial accident in progress. Kazu had his free arm with flamethrower jab toward her open mouth. With the plan to spray a moment without ignition prior to ignition. Fireball should cook her internal organs and make flames shoot from her nose. . .or her body would explode, or he might miss and merely burn her. There was not enough information to properly project what would happen, that did not matter. It was a demonstration through a floor routine and she merely was in the way.

There was a bloody detonation, of sorts, but she'd already taken a knife to the forehead when Kazu finished her off.

The body of the Jedi High Lord dropped.

And then it was all over.

His sister was dead. Such a waste.

He didn't know how he was going to explain this to his parents, wife and son. Janus shook his head, taking out his comlink and entering Antilles's code.

"Captain, tell His Lordship Lady Jerjerrod is dead. The Electrostar is here, alert them that they are back under my command, maybe perhaps the Twelfth Fleet will follow as well. "

"Some of Electrostar's crew are hopefully still aboard Roadblock, if we can get them back we can get Electrostar up and running"

He then looked to Kazu "Stand down your weaponry, you have done well" he nodded "One down".

Kazu sheathed his sword after a firm flick to displace the blood and viscera from the blade. His head dipped to the once again Admiral. "This unit is aware. This unit requires repairs before further engagements, current effectiveness greatly below standard." Kazu stated, hoping this ship would have a trustworthy repair crew or else one could be brought in.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Dark Lord of the Sith
    Comms

He felt in the Force that the High Lord was dead, and so he reached out to Kazu and Janus, not a second after Antilles had good news; the crew of the Electrostar and Roadblock and the Twelfth Fleet had been in-touch, the officers involved deeply unhappy with the Jedi coup.

"They're all on-board with whatever you need, Admiral Jerjerrod," Antilles said, saluting, almost happy. He'd headed to the Electrostar to see what could be rallied, and here he was delivering all the goods.

Well, one twelfth of it all; the Imperial Navy was immense.

"I've some data about Chabosh, Admiral, apparently that's where the Sith were raiding the Empire from -"

The line was interrupted as Ajunta Pall seized Kazu's systems; as Dark Lord, he had an override, and he used it now, forcing Kazu to be a glorified comm; undoubtedly Kazu would hate that, and discovering he had subroutines that allowed him to be commandeered would worry his processor, but Pall wasn't one to allow subordinates too much leash.

Sith tended to in-fight with too much of the ladle...

Gruffly, he spoke up. "Report."

TAG: @AgentViper007, @Mitth_Fisto (combo)

TAG: @Shadowsun, @CosmoHender (combo finishing)

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael (TAG outstanding)

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A Dangerous Gambit

The Red Specter had information. Knowledge; of that he was certain. But could they fill the missing memory gaps that hindered him, plagued his mental state?

Perhaps. Possibly so.

Inside his death mask, Akuma-Oni’s gaze narrowed with purpose and determination as he made a split second decision.

He would get his answers. He needed them.

The Dreaded One was weak and desperately moved for safe harbor. It planned to overtake the Emperor’s body.

Akuma-Oni called on the Force to move- to propel him with blinding speed. In that moment, he was a blur of motion as he timed his actions. The former Dark Retainer would place himself right before the Emperor just as Ku’ar Danar sought to enter the Emperor, forcing him to jump into his own body instead.

Once that occurred, the two would enter into a struggle for supremacy, and he would wrestle his answers from the weakened spirit.

At least that was his intention.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    darthbernael likes this.
  23. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Licht, Second Born

The Emperor knew his friend well, clung to the shadows remained Licht. The irony of such a thing was not lost on him. He then felt the back of his neck as a sharp tug from within him rescinded outward, a faint sad smile brushing against his lips.

"Oh gone already Uncle?" murmured the man in a hush whisper to himself, heard only by the darkness that clung to him, and perhaps... his old friend.

His fingers tapped idly as he surveyed the two in question, curious as to how they would perform. All while trying to maintain his composure.

His very reason for being here had quite literally been ripped from his soul, it was hard not to breakdown, even for one such as himself.

For now he would focus on other matters... Licht had no concern that he would need to step in to safeguard the Emperor, it was a clever test. A dual test of loyalty and power...

How well would the two of them do he wondered?

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  24. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A rather short combo with @Mitth_Fisto and @Sinrebirth

It was good news regarding the Twelfth Fleet. And an extra bonus, Roadblock had joined too. He was about to thank Antillies before something happened to Kazu.

Best to not keep the Dark Lord waiting.

"Lady Jerjerrod is dead. Kazu was successful in eliminating her. The Twelfth fleet which now includes the dreadnaught Roadblock is ours. Kazu however needs repairs" he looked to the droid to see if he could speak.

Kazu's photo-receptor flared with internal process' that were quick to trace subroutines and self diagnostic coding. Kazu was a blade and an eye. That was all he had been programmed to be and all he had experience being. . .error detected. . .Kazu had been operating outside standard parameters for some time now. Still, to discover a hidden subroutine whereby this unit was reduced to a glorified comm unit was disconcerting. All systems were engaged in analysis of the rogue subroutine and the potential to ensure that it did not impair this unit's ability to function at least outside of working as a comm bearer.

"Excellent," the Dark Lord said, satisfied. "Our allies have gone to Muur, so I imagine he'll be dead soon."

"We shall meet aboard your flagship; commit resources to Kazu's restoration... and we shall see if our newfound allies can track down the rest of the Jedi High Lords." At that, he cut the line.

Janus frowned. Well that was…brief. He looked down at his sister's body "You could have done great things sister. Fought side by side with me like our parents imagined. Instead you brought dishonour to House Jerjerrod and your name will be forever erased".

He nodded to Kazu "Come, the Electrostar awaits. And let's make sure we have you in top shape to slay the next of our traitors"

Notifications spawned as systems came back under the droid's control, but not from its efforts. Analysis and system modifications may be needed. Nodding at the Admiral, Kazu silently fell into step with the man. Onward to repairs.

darthbernael and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  25. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: Combo with @Shadowsun and @Sinrebirth

IC: Marcus and Nin

Kressh. Marcus thought over that name for a moment, trying to remember if he had heard it before or not.

No, he hadn't.

He looked over at Nin. "You want to get this or should I?"

Nin tilted his head, well this was off to a bad start.

"You may take it, it seems you are more familiar with them than I," he murmured, his red robes flowing as he brought a hand to his chin in thought...

Perhaps...

The herald wasn't even that.

It was Karness Muur himself.

[​IMG]

"Who dares invade my sanctuary?"

Marcus sighed, collected himself, and decided to speak.

"Hello Murr," he greeted the Dark Lord. "It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

Nin's eyebrow rose, though he spoke nothing watching Marcus carefully curious as to how he would play out the situation.

The Shadow Sith Lord leaned closer to the screen.

"Marcus Dren. I heard from Tulak Hord that you went rogue on Alderaan." His gaze grew mischievous. "Or perhaps you simply turned aside from that masked freak and chose the true master of the Sith future."

He waved a hand. "Come, land. Your company will prove... useful."

At that, the Sith cut off, leaving them all to their questions... and worries.

The Mandalorians hadn't been idle; they had confirmed something - there were no capital ships in orbit. Where were the ships that worked with XoXaan to strike at Thustra...?

And did they go in?

The question was mainly for Marcus and Nin to decide...

Marcus turned to Nin and the Mandalorians. "So... do we land?" he asked them.

Nin let out a pensive breath, a curl of his fingers as he felt a chill run across his neck.

"Yes, but our guard must be absolute... something is amiss," he spoke, feeling the edges of his lightsaber hilt.

"Yes, let us land," groused Vhett. "We shall do what we must. Any banquet or invitation must be viewed as a trap."

His Taung-gaze took in Nin and Marcus.

"It is the way of the Sith."

He placed his helmet upon his visage.

"We serve as your loyal mercenaries, my Lords." He was already in character...

Marcus nodded to Vhett and turned to Nin. "Then we shouldn't keep Murr waiting..."

Nin's quiet eye stirred, his fingers pulsed in anticipation. He was ill at ease, to be with these people. To be hunting Sith.

It was not his way.

But for now... he needed to adapt. With a resolute nod he arose, ready to play his part.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Shadowsun

darthbernael likes this.