main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CarbonatedGoat, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonatedGoat

CarbonatedGoat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Yeah... another thread... When I post I really post! Heh...

What I was wondering is (I posted a little bit about this in the new members thread, but I'm giving it its own)

I'm going to start again.

What I was wondering is, would anyone be interesed in GMing/Running a SWRPG (either the WEG version, which I am familiar with, or the WOTC, which I am not) campagin. I'm looking for one to join, but I don't like GMing...

post underneath, or contact me one of the following ways:

email: williamgibsonesque@hotmail.com
    aim: carbonatedgoat

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    WEG? WOTC? Help! I don't get it! :) I feel totally left in the Tatooine dust here, I have *no* idea what you're talking about....newbie to SW RP'ing as I am, although I'm learning fast, let me tell you. :) Now, if you said it was Jedi/Sith-centric, or could be, that would get my attention in a real hurry. ;) But, yeah, in any case....please to be having explanations, kind sir! :)

Ta muchly,

Dawn.

3. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    WEG = West End Games, the RPG company that LucasFilm originally gave the SWRPG license to. It used the D6 system. WEG is now bankrupt.

WOTC = Wizards of the Coast. The current holders of the SWRPG license. They also hold the licenses to TSR's Dungeons & Dragons RPG (Well, actually, they BOUGHT TSR, but hey). The new SWRPG uses the same dice system as D&D.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Oh and don't forget WOTC is owned by Hasbro, and GL is on the BoD of Hasbro.

5. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    There's that too. But we're kinda getting off the topic I was hoping to start...

6. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Ok, well I know SW d20 pretty well, and I'm willing to run maybe one sessions per per month, but not anything as concrete as a campaign, as I really don't have the time to organize that. Similarly, if somebody wants to run a one-shot game sometime I'd be interested in playing, but I cannot afford the time to take up another campaign.

I've never tried WEG Star Wars, though I did read through the book a long time ago.

Laters!

--Jer

7. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    WEG isn't as "mature" a system as either WOTC's or (my fav) White Wolf's D10 system (which I like the best). I'd be interested in 1 session a month. That'd work great for me.

8. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    My personal favourite is Cthulhu. . . hey a Star Wars Cthulhu game would be COOL! I wonder what would happen if I combined Cthulhu d20 and Star Wars d20 into one system. . .

--Jer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.