main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Star Wars Saga Marathon

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Corellian_Outrider, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed. That opening moment with the Star Destroyer and with it taking up the entire width of the screen… now we know what the other fans had experience when they saw it at the cinemas. Loved the scale of the space battles too. That Deathstar trench run and the Battle of Endor...

Shame they did that to that Force Ghost part at the end but also glad that they did not give the same reaction to 10 min before when Vader went "No… Noooo!" to Palpatine when he turned and saved Luke.

I'm excited for Rebels. It is pretty much by the same team that did TCW so I know that it will be top quality.

MrCody likes this.
  2. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Yes exactly loved it all to see all the hero's on the big screen and loud. I can now officially say i have seen all star wars films on the screen. Yes i was waiting for people to get angry at that. Personally i love when vader does that, it gives it more meaning for me. Which is your fav film?

Well after that trailer its got me excited for it. I love the bit when Kanan comes out with his lightsaber looks awesome!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!

I had a awesome time! it was soooo interesting watching on the Big screen with good sound, so many little little things you miss, like the sound of bones breaking when Vader holds up that guy in Ep 4 or the Bubble Wrap on the seat belts in Ep 5 or the Fact that Leia's Belt fell off for a whole scene. . .and that Ep 6 is a little painful to watch. . . Also watching it in a group setting was interesting, . . .listening to people laugh at Yoda's Death and the Cheers when "ITS A TRAP!" and just other cute things that the group brings to it.

MrCody and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  4. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

SEE!! BUBBLE WRAP!

5. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    I agree with you, Also those different views people have and all those little things people cheer about. Every time a movie began, people cheered it was amazing

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Favourite film… ah… Each have their merits and moments.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU TOO! [:D]

I agree about picking up on details. Like how Cliff from Cheers as Major Derlin or how the Celebration music at the end of The Phantom Menace is actually a different rendition of the Emperor's theme from Return of the Jedi!

Also noticed a lot of families were there too. Hearing some go "That's Jango Fett!!"

MrCody likes this.
  7. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Same here, the clapped and Cheered at the Beginning and End of each film!

also

Pause and look at Leia, her belt fell off!! (time1.07)

Corellian_Outrider and MrCody like this.
  8. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Yes did see alot of families there. Way more people at the OT than the PT.
    hahaha
    This one always gets me

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There was a certain Han and Leia moment during the Battle of Endor that got a few laughs too.

During the Hoth command centre scene, one of the Rebel officers in the background stacked it and then got back up. Will try and find it.

EDIT: cannot find it. Did find it funny when they were surrounded by the Ewoks and how Luke was trying not to laugh at the exchange between Han and Threepio.

I_am_Kooky, did your cinemas have a special costume contest or brought in a few of their own for photo ops?

For ours, there was a massive Wookiee during the Prequel screening. For today, there was… a life-size puppet/costume of a Tauntaun and there was a rider for it too. That was pretty cool.

MrCody likes this.
  10. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    It really is funny how you see all those little things. People laughed on endor when Leia told Han that luke was her brother and he puts on this face in shock. People laughed because everyone was thinking Han must be like you guys kissed but thats incest.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Han's expression during that was comedic.

During Empire, someone yelled out "Don't do it!!" when Leia goes "You don't know everything about women yet." and kisses Luke.

EDIT: Was going to attempt to list favourite moments but too many to list. Main one would be seeing the X-Wing up close and in action on the big screen. Deathstar trench run! Then again with Wedge during the Endor battle.

Definitely agree about hearing the sound design through proper speakers. Though we did have a minor issue during ANH when it started off quieter than expected and then got really loud during that detention block escape/ trash compactor part.

Enjoyed spotting background characters like Admiral Yularen in ANH or Quinlan Vos at Mos Espa in TPM

MrCody likes this.
  12. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    There was a display out the front of the cinema, and we had costume contests. the two winners won a ligthsabre (the plastic kind) and although it was choice between a Dude with a wig affro dressed in ANH Leia and Wookiee, the little kids in the Darth Vader Costume and the Leia costume won it, they where about 6ish. . .(pics to come)

MrCody and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  13. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Everyone was just nooooooo! haha was funny.

To many cool moments to list, its just so awesome, was really good to see the originals on the big screen, i enjoyed every moment of it.

After watching them so many times you do notice things like that. During the Pod Race TPM you see Aurra Sing.

I won a lightsaber during the prequels. They called my seat number haha cheering!

14. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Also guys i have this Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-Wars-Episode-VII/383803345087613 its my own fan made page only got like 52 likes but i need some other mangers to help me run it maybe get bigger. If you guys like and have fb then you all good to join if not all sweet. I may change the name to it since i talk more about than just episode 7

15. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
  16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Revenge of the fifth indeed. Was hard going back to projects/work after such a weekend.

Afro wig Leia? Wow, never thought of that combo before. There was a Threepio going about somewhere, a small Yoda and someone came in what looked to be a custom painted Vader outfit but of blue and white with the Aussie flag as the cape.

To be fair on Han's reaction in ROTJ, they had been in a 'triangle' for about 3 years, he missed out on the 4th year due to being encased in carbonite and that Shadows of the Empire situation. He come back with everyone having 'delusions of grandeur' like Luke being a Jedi. The revelation of Leia and Luke being siblings had thrown off his perspective of the past few years.

I also enjoyed seeing the connects to TCW and how it expands what we know from the films. Especially the deeper meaning behind the 'additional training' to Kenobi from Yoda.

In regards to the FB page, we had spoken before in the past about it. Also reminds me that since principle photography will be happening soon, more spoilers for the new films will be released and I will have to start enforcing the spoiler policy. Back in the day it was "highlight to read" but now we have the spoiler tags which makes things easier. Keep in mind that there are places of the boards that are strict about that.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  17. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Did you find it hard to listen to some of the dialogue, now knowing what went on in the 30 years before the OT? like . . .

Yoda: [Looking away from Luke] I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
    Obi-Wan: [voice-over] He will learn patience.
    Yoda: Much anger in him... like his father.
    Obi-Wan: [voice] Was I any different when you taught me?

Like NO! Thats not how it went! Qui-gon Trained you, and no BS about 'All being Yodas Padawans!" . . .*sulk* . . .Seeing them all in one go, was interesting cause quote stuck out, aside from "I have a bad feeling about this" the other quote used a lot was "Delusions of Grandeur"

and this was, cause it seems to fit the conversation.

18. myztic

myztic Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2014

I have to agree to some point, most of Obi Wan training was done by Qui Gon so that is where he learnt everything. yoda just teaches them at a younger age before they are assigned to a jedi master on a full time basis.

The acting in ATOC was pretty bad as well....

there will always be flaws in movies, but i still love them non the less

19. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004

Thats right!!

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It was great seeing them all back to back. Though there was a part of me that wished they had included TCW in that marathon… but that would have been too long and spread over the entire week for all the seasons. I prefer Matt Lanter's Anakin, maybe because the character had room to breathe and such.

In regards to the inconsistency with the dialogue… I just think that they see things all from a "Certain point of view" and been skewered over time.

There was one set of dialogue which didn't make sense to a friend of mine during Empire:
    Obi-Wan: "That boy is our last hope."
    Yoda: "No, there is another"

and my friend said that Kenobi should know that Leia is the other as he was there during the delivery.

I did try to explain that Kenobi spent a long time watching over Luke and awakened the awareness of the Force with in him with the brief training, in a sense, bound his Force spirit to Luke. Not to mention that at the time of writing Empire, Leia was not meant to be Luke's sister and his true sister would make an appearance further down the track … . you get the idea.

Again, it is all from a certain point of view. :p

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  21. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Or you know, he was old. . and dead. . you kinda can forget things over time. . .He wouldn't or maybe didn't know what happened to her anyway. . .her training would have to be from scratch as well.

Can you just image if it had gone wrong.

Obi - Leia, I am a Jedi. Your real father was a jedi, you have jedi powers, although I am dead, I can train you to become a jedi, like your father before you, . . You real last name is Skywalker (and now you also have brother who has fallen to the dark side and is apprentice to Darth Vader.) (or dead) . . . it is now up to you to save the galaxy, sorry about your home planet by the way. . .

Leia - . . . What did I eat? Won't eat that again. . .perhaps I should go to a medical facility as I am clearly having delusions.

Obi - No I am real, now go to dagobah where a tiny green alien named Yoda will teach you the ways of the force.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    For some reason I that with the impression of Liam Neeson delivering Obi's lines to Leia. :p
    I wonder if Leia would even pick up on him… given that only after training did his spirit appear and be stronger to Luke. Would probably be a disembodied voice to Leia and she would put that down to trauma of losing Alderaan.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  23. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Qui-gon even less of a connection. . .but I love it [face_love] May she would listen to that voice, just to keep it talking, its a nice voice to listen too. . *girly swooning*

Oh and for you friend.

[​IMG]

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Qui-Gon was the original force spirit and trained the others, he trained Batman, also as Aslan the lion... so he would find a way to Leia if need be. :p Leia might even find it a soothing alternative to arguing with Han

[face_laugh] That is so true though. That is probably how they would react if he did say it out loud.

The way Leia is drawn reminds me of Toph from Avatar: Legend of Aang.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  25. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Very true! I hope Qui-gon is in the NT. . (new trilogy . . .or what ever its gonna be called) . . . he wont, . . .but I girl can dream!

[​IMG]

This guy did some really good comics!