main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Skeleton Crew Star Wars: Skeleton Crew News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Ancient Whills, May 26, 2022.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Apparently there's something happening on Level 2 but no one's talking about it.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    *Makes furious hand gestures*

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In reality, yes. In my joke? It was Labor Camp.

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    *Makes defeated, sad hand gestures back*

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Hehe and then the show runners to the overworked employees: 'Get back to work! Floor's hot!'

Bor Mullet and rocknroll41 like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Staff complained that managers kept yelling “ON PROGRAM” at them.

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Going by that report, the Ahsoka set is the Niamos they all want to escape to.

9. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Skeleton Crew set lighting technician: "I can't dim! I can't dim!!! "

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I can't help but post this with the talk of overworked VFX artists:

Anakin's Daddy and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    When Lucas sold LFL to Disney, did that include ILM? Or is that still its own thing?

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It did - Lucasfilm and all subsidiaries were included in the sale.

These days it's seldom just one FX house working on a show or movie though. That was feasible back when a movie had a couple of hundred VFX shots, but these days there are thousands of effects shots. And smaller visual effects companies are often exploited in ways you wouldn't get away with with companies such as ILM or Weta.

Hopefully the unionization of VFX workers will continue to progress, and the artists can get fairer deals. It's not as if studios such as Disney can't afford to pay more for the latest Star Wars or Marvel blockbuster.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Amen. VFX workers routinely work illegal numbers of hours a week.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    So this probably is only arriving at the end of the year. Maybe a release date announcement at Celebration?

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think november or December like Book of Boba Fett.

Mostly Handless and rocknroll41 like this.
  16. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I haven't had much interest in this show. But the comparisons to Strangers Things intrigue me. I think it would be cool if the show went hard on 1980s nostalgia and early Star Wars stories. It would be funny to see the reuse of characters from the Holiday Special, Ewoks, Droids and early EU materials. Maybe Jaxxon could show up?

17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Yeah this “new beyond” space or whatever it’s called could be a good way to get Star Wars back closer to its “pulpier” roots a bit.

I know I said the same thing in the Lando thread, but I can’t help it. I simply like Star Wars better when it has that “tone.”

Darth Baga likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Does anyone think we might see a trailer/Teaser of Skeleton crew. Public or leaked.

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Celebration. If they don't have a surprise film teaser to drop on us we're going to see ALL the new show trailers. Ahsoka. Skeleton Crew. The Acolyte.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  20. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The reliable leaker said that the tone of the show might throw some SW fans off. From what he's heard, the Stranger Things vibe could mean humor and action aimed at a younger audience, presumably in a way that is different from previous SW shows (since all SW in a way is aimed at both children and adults).

So it's hard to say if this will result in a pulpier feel, as you say. If the show has the feel of a recent Spiderman movie will that alienate older SW fans?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    Darth Baga and rocknroll41 like this.
  21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    If this gets a trailer at celebration I imagine it’ll be like the Ahsoka one shown last year. Very minimal and not released to the public.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it will get leaked with Bad footage who fans will be crazy over.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Could pirates from Mandalorian appear in Skeleton Crew.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I had similar thoughts when I first saw these guys. They seem like a colorful bunch to just serve as another criminal gang to cut throught, and seem well suited for the kind of role we have heard the pirates play on skeleton crew.

Especially since the rumors are that Jude Law is playing a teacher and the kids get attacked on a field trip - if they are from Nevaro, the pirates would have reason to go after them.

Course, this does presume they survive pissing off Mando - and judging by some trailer shots many other Mandalorians - which does seem a bit unlikely.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Mandalorian might play long game with all its players now instead of single one conflict villain. Like the pirate king might get offed but Vane takes over as pirate king. There's also rumors of a weequay pirate, maybe Hondo? Plus all the nightsisters stuff and everything.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    MercenaryAce likes this.