main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Skeleton Crew Star Wars: Skeleton Crew News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Ancient Whills, May 26, 2022.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Yeah, the whole point of Stranger Things is that it's '80s pastiche. Of course to some extent it's true that Star Wars is pastiche as well, but not as much as ST, and certainly not as much a one particular era.

Mostly Handless and gat-65b like this.
  2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What makes Stranger Things work is the cast and the fact that the Duffer Brothers consistently nail emotional scenes every few episodes. Two things that can’t be easily replicated but that won’t stop Hollywood from trying.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder what thiszwill be about, intresting.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, it was wonderful!

Sarge and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Also two things that are in no way unique to Stranger Things! ;)

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Otherspace as The Upside Down. Calling it now.

keep in mind Jon Watts outside of spider man is more of a horror guy, so this is chance to go full on Supernatural Encounters

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    “Star Wars Things”

These kids will be able to take lightsaber shots to the gut like a champ, and survive, no cybernetics even required

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So... very different from the Star Wars show we just got where a bunch of kids were killed.

At least there will be variety then.

Mostly Handless and MercenaryAce like this.
  9. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    The Railway Children, or Swallows and Amazons in a galaxy far far away would be a rather lovely thing. They would be my points of reference, not Stranger Things.

Mostly Handless and DannyD like this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/07/exclusive-skeleton-crew-has-started-filming/

Krueger and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Skeleton Crew could potentially imitate that 70s-80s OT vibe, so it well very could function as a pastiche in terms of era.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't know about all that.

If the Skeleton Crew story is even 75% as good as the Stranger Things story was for me, I will be shocked in a very positive way, and more than pleased. And that goes to the direction, acting, music, emotional scenes, etc etc.

ST4 and Severance were by far the best two shows I watched this year, even better than Kenobi and The Boys, if I want to be objective. Kenobi made me feel all the feels, but ST4 and Severance made me want to have 40 more episodes of them now.

I can only hope that Skeleton Crew will end up being as good as ST, and as a result have 4-5 seasons to enjoy.
    Maybe Disney decided they will hire an actor and DeepFake him from the start, just to see reactions.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope for this show to give us something new and fresh. Also let the children be aliens maybe except one. Maybe Jacen Syndulla?

Mostly Handless and Count Yubnub like this.
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The impression I get from the preview material is that the planet the kids are from is pretty isolated, and they don't know much about the galaxy at large. That should provide a different perspective at least.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...collecting-california-tax-credits-1235181468/

>Seven TV series — five new and two relocating — have been selected to receive $90.8 million in tax incentives for shooting in California, the state’s film office said Monday.
    >
    >Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is forecasted to account for the largest qualified spend of the seven series, with nearly $136 million in expenditures during its first season. The show, which was awarded $20.9 million in credits, follows a group of lost kids trying to find their way home. The new addition to the expanding Star Wars universe starring Jude Law and directed by Spider-Man trilogy director Jon Watts is slated for a 2023 Disney+ release.
    >
    >The seven projects will employ an estimated 1,953 crew, 545 cast and 21,691 background actors/stand-ins during production. They’ll spend an estimated 559 filming days in California.

Some say that shows like Obi-Wan looked cheap. Now we know the budget is around $136 million, which is $17 million per episode for 8 episodes, or $22.67 per episode for 6 episodes (I assume this show had similar budget to Mando/Kenobi. No reason to think Mando had less).

Also, the article calls it 'first season', meaning this show might get more.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Skeleton Crew looks like Lucasfilm’s response to Stranger Things, IMO. Can’t prove that, but I have a feeling!

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Probaly true, hopefully we see plenty of alien children. One force senstive and other special children.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Four kids. Casting was for four children. The only visual clues we have to this show is two pieces of concept art showing two differing renditions of the 'hero' ship. One of them included four children gazing up at said ship. There's that magic number again - four. Given that it's only concept art and liable to change the four children seem to be human shaped for the most part except one who is shorter and stouter than the others. One of the others has something trailing from their head (Twi'lek or similar). The remaining two seem distinctly human, so one white kid and one POC would be my guess.

19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    With the budget announced for this show, this looks like it's going to be a major card in the SW TV universe.
    I guess we should have presumed as much by the fact that they have cast Jude Law, still a League A actor.
    I originally thought this would be a smaller scope adventure, but now I am excited to see the result.
    Higher budget than either season of The Mandalorian is pretty sweet.

The Mandalorian had a budget of ~$100 mil per season and Kenobi had ~$90 mil (for 6 episodes)

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I wonder then why OWK looked so much cheaper than The Mandalorian?

(Don't get me wrong, I loved that show, but...)

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Don't know what to tell you, it didn't look cheap to me. Between Alderaan, CGI, visuals in lightsaber fights (the best in 17 years IMO), contracts of a LOT of great actors. I still don't understand what people mean when they say it looked cheap to them. Having fewer extras in a few scenes is not something I would say reveals lack of budget.

I'm just thinking of Kenobi Part 2 where they are in the urban environment, and that looked like a movie. Along with pretty much all of Episodes 5 and 6. I don't know.

22. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Getting Ewan and Hayden to sign on probably wasn't cheap (a large portion of the cast for Obi Wan consisted of movie characters). They are probably going to run into that whenever they try to get people to come back.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It didn't look cheaper. It's just that Mando had some of the best Directors of the Photography in the business.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003