main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Spoof (Great CG)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by KrisKimlin, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrisKimlin

KrisKimlin Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2003
    Hi,

This is my first time here on this forum. About 3 years ago, a couple of friends and I made a Star Wars short comedy. It was done for a camp in N.Y. so it holds no continuity to the actual star wars saga. Just take a look and tell me what you think. We tried to stay as true to the characters as possible, while still tackling the subject matter for the camp.

Enjoy: http://www.erwinbrothers.com/ruleenforcers

email me at: kriskimlin@bellsouth.net

THANKS!

2. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Pretty well done... how long did that take to do (concept to completion)?

Gotta love that take on Yoda.

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    You guys used all sorts of stuff from SCIFI 3D but not one single credit given.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Okay, hand over the crack.

5. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Very nice work. However, credit should be given where credit is due...and I don't see and modelling credits to the artists who created the stuff you are using in your film.

Later
    Steve

6. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Zoo, perhaps you could be more specific? Through the whole film, I spotted only one model that MAY be from SF3D. But since it seems they modeled everything else in the film themselves, I wouldn't put it past them to have modeled it as well.

Also look at the timeline.. according to his post, the film was made three years ago, long before most of the models you're referring to were ever available online.

I thought the film was quite good, actually.. incredibly funny in some parts.. hehe. It was also shot and edited very well, and had great sound effects/editing. The only nitpick I'd have is the lightsaber effect, which could probably use an update with more recent methods. But on the whole, I enjoyed it.

7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Yea.. I didn't see the link for the entire film there. I'm not 100% if that's the Galactic Senate interior. There are a few things like this that are of question. And for LW folks like you I'm sure you recognize that Blade Runner scene that comes with LW. All they did was just render that out. But it seems they didn't really spend time crediting any outside sources.

8. KrisKimlin

KrisKimlin Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree, we didnt give credit on that one ship model. We should have done so!

As for copying many models, the only one we copied was that first ship, and those scematics were given to us by a friend of a friend.

The rest was modeled in house.

9. lolleader

lolleader Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2000
    Very cool! I thought all your additional movies were interesting watches as well.

10. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I didn't get to see the movie , but I saw the stills and they are very cool. I noticed you have a model of the library on coruscant.Could that available on scifi 3d?
    PS
    why didn't you guys post a thread in the fanfilms section aswell?

11. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.