main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: Target Vader (6/6 released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 23, 2019.

1. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    nothing like thanos but sure

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Nothing wrong with character centered stories.

Senpezeco likes this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    And quite a few of them aren't bland at all. Both Vader series and Doctor Aphra in particular are excellent.

4. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Who is the blonde at the end of the issue ? /SPOILER]

5. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    A new character for this series, I assume.

6. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    it played out like it was a reveal or something . I was like Juno ???

7. Chris Werms

Chris Werms Jedi Padawan

Aug 2, 2017
    I have mixed feelings on this one. Thank the Maker that the series doesn't follow solely on Vader, because after Dark Visions and Age of Rebellion: Darth Vader, I'm getting really burnt out on his books. (And, really, it sounds like most people are, too!) So sharing the focus between Vader and Valance will be a really interesting way to twist things up a bit. I wonder if they'll be able to strike a balance between focusing on one over the other. My concern is that the series will focus too heavily on Vader (with nothing new to say about him, again) and leave Valance to the wayside again, only to kill him in the final issue for no reason other than letting Vader do something badass.

We'll see though! The twisted web everyone finds themselves in could turn into a really interesting story, and I'm excited to see a mostly new cast (and Dengar) in new settings.

vong333 and kalzeth like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Be funny if it was. Fitting for a story taking inspiration from Legends.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  9. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    I was thinking it could be winter celchu ?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    The reveal is that
    The Hidden Hand is a Rebel organization. It's not revealing who she is.

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    but we new that from the begining

12. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    That the Hidden Hand is supplying the Rebellion, I suppose, but not that the Rebels are responsible for setting the bounty hunters on Vader.

13. MarcelloF91

MarcelloF91 Jedi Knight

Jul 9, 2015
    I thought the woman was Evaan.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I didn’t buy this. I read it at comic store and was like another Vader story? Dark Visions was not my cup of tea. Give this guy a rest and tell maybe an emperor story or cad bane or a story on that droid mo-doc. We’ll make that droid canon and tell a story on how the emperor had him built to hunt special Jedi or something.

Fire Dog and kalzeth like this.
  15. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    hes already canon ...... the droidography made him canon

16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How about a side quest dealing with an Imperial Cadet Cruise with a surprise passenger?
    You introduce the imperial navy characters have Darth Vader cameo and eventually reveal he's on a mission and due to unexpected interference he commandeers the cadet's ship to continue his mission.
    We see them cope with the general horrifying and scary missions Vader goes on with them bonding into a crew with a couple of casualties because there's always someone who doesn't listen or oversteps the mark.
    Thus you can prepare a spin off series if the interest is there.
    Would that be a good way to take advantage of the interest in the Sith Lord?

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Then let’s get story on this. I’m tired of super vader

kalzeth likes this.
  18. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    It is unfortunate that Marvel has not used Darth Vader sparingly because Target Vader #1 was a really strong start to this mini-series. This is the proper way to use Vader; a villain who, when he appears, you fear for the other characters in the story. I do not know if Valance will survive this mini-series but this first issue has me interested in finding out. I loved that Valance is not just the old character in name only but inherits many of the original characteristics including a seemingly hatred for droids. I am keen to find out more about the others who will be joining him on his hunt for Vader.

If this series maintains this level of intrigue, it may join the Darth Maul mini-series as one of the best series of the new Marvel era.

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This felt more like setup than anything else following a classical "how does the scoundrel team form" plotline. I liked Valance in the original comics so I'm curious what they will do with him. Maybe they could even give him his own book like Dr Aphra if he turns out to be popular (and if he survives/gets over his hatred for Vader). "Hidden Hand" is interesting, again a part of the Rebellion is doing something shady, just as in the Aphra run. I think this gives the Rebellion some dimension and shows all of these groups were only united because of their common goal, not because all of them believed in light and good.

Daneira and kalzeth like this.
  20. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Very hope that will be revealed indeed good reason, why Valance decided to kill Vader.

The first part of the comic book is very nice... I liked the image of Valance, and having Vader is always great. I'm waiting for continuation.

21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    For all those people asking for a rest with Vader, if only there was another armoured OT character that the fandom goes crazy over who doesn't have any films being made for him currenty….

lordpixie likes this.
  22. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This was a great first issue. Fantastic artwork by Marc Laming, and the "too much Vader" crowd has little to complain about as
    this story is much more about Valance (who retains his familiar appearance, abilities, and character traits from classic Marvel) than it is Vader.
    Very excited to see where this series goes!

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the setup was pretty stock noir comic book-y but it was kinda fun although Valance being badass just cuz he's badass was kinda funny. The art I really liked cuz it straight up looked like Al Williamson returned at times (especially Vader)

Oh and I totally hope the lady at the end is Leia's pal.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    The Positive Fan and Daneira like this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Issue #4 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: TARGET VADER #4 (of 6)
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • STEFANO LANDINI (A)
    Cover by NIC KLEIN
    HUNTING THE HUNTERS!
    • DARTH VADER is trapped, alone, and surrounded by deadly bounty hunters...
    •...but the SITH LORD is never truly alone as long as he wields the Dark Side of The Force!
    • VALANCE and his gang of bounty hunters soon find that the hunters have become the hunted, as Vader picks them off one-by-one -- and he’s helped by one of Valance’s own!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

kalzeth likes this.