main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Tarot

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by QueenHighMistress, Jun 18, 2009.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The Hermit
    Sooner or later, the Fool will ask himself the age-old question: "Why?" He becomes absorbed with the search for answers out of a need to find out why people live, if only to suffer and die. The Hermit is the one who has looked inward, trying to understand his feelings and motivations. The Fool may seek a teacher or guide who can give him direction.

[​IMG]

Yoda is the Hermit. As head of the Jedi Council, Yoda is very powerful and has many responsibilities, yet the wizened Jedi takes time away to meditate and to determine what is happening for himself. He relies on his inner self to understand the galaxy. In the latter trilogy, of course, both Yoda and Obi-Wan are forced to become hermits in order to survive, and I'm sure Yoda tried to find answers to the suffering of the galaxy and answer for himself the question "Why?"

2. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Wheel of Fortune
    The Wheel of Fortune is a symbol of the mysterious universe whose parts work together in harmony. When the Fool glimpses the beauty and order of the world, if only briefly, he finds some of the answers he is seeking. Sometimes his experiences seem to be the work of fate. A chance encounter or miraculous occurrence begins the process of change. The Fool may recognize his destiny in the sequence of events that led him to this turning point.

[​IMG]

When Anakin appears before the The Jedi Council in the center of a circular floor, a whole new reality is brought to his attention. He is set upon a new path; both past and future events take the shape of destiny from the context of this moment. It was the Will of the Force, according to Qui-Gon Jinn, that Anakin was found by Jedi. Fate brought him this far, and Fate will see him through.

3. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    That one was awesome!

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes I do, but remember this is a public board.....

You may want to leave a few pieces out???

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    My hint interpreter is on the fritz. Are you afraid I'm gonna get in trouble, or that someone's gonna steal it, or...?

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I personally would be most worried about theft...

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm thinking of all the other SW geeks out there that would just print this off & use your hard work for themselves. Just trying to watch your back :D

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Gotcha. If I were smart, I'd have watermarked them or something....

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Justice
    The Fool looks back over his life to trace the cause and effect relationships that have brought him to this point. He should take responsibility for his past actions so he can make amends and ensure a more honest course for the future. The demands of Justice must be served so that he can wipe the slate clean. This is a time of decision for the Fool. He is making important choices. Will he remain true to his insights, or will he slip back into an easier, more unaware existence that closes off further growth?

[​IMG]

Obi-Wan Kenobi not only represents Justice in the aspect of rationality combined with compassion to produce fairness, but he also represents what Anakin could have become, had he not made the wrong choices at this critical juncture. Here, Obi-Wan confronts Anakin about his dark actions and prepares to battle Anakin, who has now become Darth Vader.

10. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    This...

As cool as these are and as much as I would love to see the whole set I would keep the whole enchilada off a public board just in case. It looks like you are and have been working very hard on these and I would hate to see someone steal your idea.[face_worried]

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Hmmm....

Well, I suppose I should at least say that initially I had help coming up with some of the cards from a couple friends, but then we didn't talk for almost five years and a lot changed....

But I can see what you guys are saying. Even if I don't post 'em all here, you guys will get to see them all eventually. :)

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Here the Star Wars deck takes on a darker feel than some other decks (but by no means all -- I have a couple very dark decks). Anakin will turn to the Dark Side, and so his journey turns darker, too.

The Hanged Man
    The Fool encounters his personal cross -- an experience that seems too difficult to endure. This overwhelming challenge humbles him until he has no choice but to give up and let go. The Fool becomes Hanged Man, apparently martyred, but actually serene and at peace.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, Anakin does not surrender and let go; he fights back, fueling his anger and hate with the pain and rage in his life. This is the moment of his decision; will he succumb full to the Dark, or will he return fully to the Light? Sadly, Obi-Wan cannot brink him back from the brink, and Anakin is left for dead, limbless and burnt, at the edge of the lava flow.

13. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    I love that one and I get why it has to be Anakin but i was expecting Luke hanging from the underside of Cloud City for the hanged man after looking at the RW deck again. Very cool as always.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That scene of Luke under Cloud City is exactly the thing that started this project. But then I noticed: He never hangs upside down that we can see clearly. Then I thought: "Wampa cave." But by then the thing had started taking on a life of its own and declared the Majors needed to follow Anakin....

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Now that you guys have me happily paranoid (happily, because it's flattering to think anyone would swipe them) I'm going to try to make them less "stealable," so I'm going to slow down posting till I can get the time to do that.

Which of course, sucks because I'm super busy this week. :)

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Death
    The Fool now begins to eliminate old habits and tired approaches. He cuts out nonessentials because he appreciates the basics of life. He goes through endings as he puts the outgrown aspects of his life behind him. The process may seem like dying because it is the death of his familiar self to allow for the growth of a new one. This is a transition to a new, more fulfilling way of life.

[​IMG]

However, for Anakin the transition is in leaving behind the man who was Anakin Skywalker and becoming the monster who is Darth Vader. His limbs are replaced with mechanical ones, his breathing assisted by artificial means, and he is fitted with his iconic armor. Anakin Skywalker is dead.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Temperance
    Temperance is about moderation, balance and equilibrium. In contrast to the Chariot's tension of opposites, Temperance is the harmony of opposites. The Fool has combined all aspects of himself into a centered whole that glows with health and well-being....

[​IMG]

Luke and Leia together make up the opposites that represent the balance that Anakin forsook when he became Vader. Here, when Luke first sets eyes on Leia's image, is when his own quest begins. He is present in the physical world; she is an ethereal hologram. He is a simple farmboy; she is a princess and leader. Together they are the force (if you'll pardon the pun) that will bring balance back not only to Anakin, but to the galaxy.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I've been a slacker about getting these watermarked.... [face_blush] Here's a couple more for now.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Devil
    The Devil is not an evil, sinister figure residing outside of us. He is the ignorance, despair, fear and hate within each of us. The seductive attractions of the material bind us so compellingly that we often do not even realize our slavery to them. He is our blindness and our Dark Side. (Sometimes he is simply the Shadow, to use a Jungian term.)

[​IMG]

Darth Vader is the Devil. He has given in to his fear, his hate, his thirst for power. He lives less in the spiritual plane and more in the material, and is "more machine than man" on several levels. He is powerful, yet he is enslaved by the Dark Side and utterly beholden to his master.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Tower
    The Tower is the ego fortress built around the inner self of a person. The Tower fortress seems to protect but is really a prison. Sometimes only an extreme crisis can generate enough power to smash the walls of the Tower -- the sudden change this card can signal can bring destruction, but sometimes destruction is necessary to release something precious that has been hidden for too long.

[​IMG]

The Jedi Temple is the Tower. The hubris and ego of the Jedi are represented by their high, mighty spire, from which they give orders that affect people's lives. When the newly dubbed Darth Vader attacks the Jedi Temple, the pride and the crisis of the Tower becomes evident to everyone -- and the whole galaxy pays.

21. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    What are you doing up at this awful hour?:p

These just keep getting cooler...I want a set!

Also, this is an example of the image filter I was talking about for the RW art look. I've seen some that look a little less comic and more art but this was all I could find with comparison pics of the original subject.

These're already overflowing with awesome, just something that came to mind when I saw 'em :D

Edited because it's late and I'm tired thus much more prone to typos.

22. jedigold

jedigold Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2009
    Wow. I have had two tarot decks and three oracle decks- one of each of have been given away by now- and the problem with tarot decks for me is they are sooo hard to read because there is not enough frame of reference for me to remember what they mean. This really helps seal their meaning into me and I would love to have a deck. Probably would be my second most important deck after my fairy oracle deck.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    GDH, that is an interesting idea. I wonder what they'd look like if I could run them through something like that.

Zoo and I are still working on making this printable. We didn't get to talk about it this weekend like we'd hoped, but we are working on it. ;)

24. TwoPynts

TwoPynts Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2009
    I really like this tarot deck idea.
    My wife creates them, but never a Star Wars deck. ;]
    Has there been any further progress?

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    No further progress on figuring out how to get it printed. Life kinda got in the way. [face_blush]