main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Tarot

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by QueenHighMistress, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    OMG!! :eek: How f*in' cool is THIS!?? :D Most impressive, QHM! MOST impressive! =D=

Count me in for one of these, for sure!

ETA: I'm really impressed by the thought and image symbolism you've chosen for each card. This is very VERY well done.

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Kreleia! :D I've been working on it so long that it's nice to have it appreciated. [face_batting]

And now that I won the battle of learning how to watermark, I'll post some more cards!

3. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Star
    After the calamity of the Tower, there is a calm -- the calm after the storm, as it were -- represented by the Star. From this calm comes hope, clarity and inspiration and faith. The Fool is suffused with a serene calm.

[​IMG]

The Twin Suns of Tatooine are the Stars (most decks only have one Star; this one gets two). Appearing not long after we meet Luke Skywalker, the Stars signal that he is the New Hope in the film's title. The Empire has been in power for years, but the people of the galaxy have found the inspiration to fight back, and Luke will find within himself the faith first to save Leia, then the Rebels, and finally the galaxy and his father.

4. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Moon
    The ignorance that blissful calm brings can make us vulnerable to the illusions of the Moon. The feeling state of the Stars has not been subjected to rationality. The Moon stimulates the creative imagination. It opens the way for strange and beautiful thoughts to rise from the unconscious, but deep-seated fears and anxieties also arise. These experiences may cause the Fool to feel lost and bewildered -- and in over his head.

[​IMG]

The Death Star is the Moon. With the debris of Alderaan around them, Obi-Wan's declaration that the space station is "no moon" breaks whatever misconceptions Han Solo and Luke Skywalker had about their trip. Vader's misconceptions, too, are broken on the Death Star; he realizes that Obi-Wan is alive, that the Rebels are crafty enough to escape from the detention area, and that he is subordinate to Tarkin -- and is not necessarily Palpatine's favourite.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Sun
    It is the lucid clarity of the Sun that directs the Fool's imagination. The Sun's illumination shines in all the hidden places. It dispels the clouds of confusion and fear. The Star's openness has solidified into an expansive assurance -- no challenge is too daunting for this radiant vitality. He becomes involved in grand undertakings as he draws to himself everything he needs. He is able to realize his greatness.

[​IMG]

The Explosion of the Second Death Star is the Sun. Everything finally comes together: Vader throws Palpatine down the shaft and becomes Anakin once more; the Rebels on Endor destroy the shield generator so their starfighters can attack the Death Star. Victory is assured, not just the freedom of the galaxy over Palpatine's tyranny, but Leia and Han's victory in love, Luke's victory in bringing his father back from the Dark Side, and Anakin's final reclamation of his soul.

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Judgement
    The Fool has been reborn. The false, ego-self has been shed, allowing his radiant, true self to manifest. He has discovered that joy, not fear, is at life's center. He feels absolved, forgiving himself and others, knowing that his real self is pure and good. He may regret past mistakes, but he knows they were due to his ignorance of his true nature. He feels cleansed and refreshed, ready to start anew. Since he now sees himself truly, he can make the necessary decisions about the future. He can choose wisely which values to cherish, and which to discard.

[​IMG]

Anakin's Pyre is Judgement. Anakin's redemption came nearly too late, but before he died, he looked on his son and acknowledged both his children. He was absolved and died the good man he formerly was, with a smile of peace and joy on his face, letting go of Vader forever.

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The World
    The Fool re-enters the World, but this time with a more complete understanding. He has integrated all the disparate parts of himself and achieved wholeness. He experiences life as full and meaningful, and the future is filled with infinite promise. In line with his personal calling, he becomes actively involved in the world, sharing his unique gifts and talents. Because he acts from inner certainty, the whole world conspires to see that his efforts are rewarded. His accomplishments are many.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what to call this image -- Family, perhaps, best sums it up. Anakin is no longer living and able to return to the World, but his children (including the droid he made and the one he modified) and the family they have created for themselves are. As peace and wholeness returned to Anakin on a personal level. peace and unity return to the entire galaxy, especially to those who fought so hard against tyranny.

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Nomally this would conclude the Major Arcana. But....

Several years ago on The Simpsons, Lisa met a card reader at a Renaissance Faire. The transcript of their interaction follows:

Woman: I've been waiting for you, Lisa.
    Lisa: [gasps] How did you know my name?
    Woman: Your nametag. ["Hi, I'm Lady Lisa"] Would you like to know your future?
    Lisa: Heh, sorry, I don't believe in fortune telling. I should go.
    Woman: What's your hurry? Bart and Maggie and Marge are at the joust, and Homer is heckling the puppet show.
    Lisa: [gasps] Wow, you can see into the...present.
    Woman: Now we'll see what the future holds. [turns over a card from what looks like a Tarot deck]
    Lisa: [gulps] The "Death" card?
    Woman: No, that's good: it means transition, change.
    Lisa: [relieved] Oh.
    [the woman turns over another card]
    Lisa: Oh, that's cute.

[​IMG]

Woman: [gasps] "The Happy Squirrel!"
    Lisa: [timid] That's bad?
    Woman: Possibly. The cards are vague and mysterious.

Happy Squirrel cards have begun popping up in published tarot decks. So I decided I should have one, too.

[​IMG]

The Happy Squirrel is Jabba's, um, is he Jabba's pet? Lackey? I dunno. He's Salacious Crumb. He's scary, he's creepy, but he's almost always laughing.

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    It's been a while. Thought I'd post a couple for grins. :D

In the tarot, the suit of Wands represents the element of Fire and the spirit or will of a person. A willful person is sometimes said to have fire in his or her eyes, or a spark. It can represent passion, ambition, career, creative endeavors, religion and/or philosophy -- anything a person might put his or her energy and soul into. This is something that burns inside a person.

Ace of Wands
    The Ace is about foundations and beginnings. The will takes a focus, a motivation, and it is often single-minded. This is the inspiration, the 'spark' that ignites the creativity or focus. It can be the raw potential and the active energy of the suit. The Ace of Wands can also signal adventure, a false start, or blind power.

[​IMG]

The Tusken Raider with his Gaffi stick is the Ace of Wands. His will is definitely focused and is not a force to be trifled with. Luke's encounter with the Tusken Raiders was a false start on his adventure, and he had to be helped by Obi-Wan, but this in turn led him to a bigger adventure. The energy and power of the Tusken Raider is the Ace of Wand's blind power and single-minded focus.

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Two of Wands
    Wands are energy and passion, and these things often require a single focus. This card indicates a choice to be made, or that one has been made. Often authority, pride, dominion and superiority come along with this card.

[​IMG]

Grand Moff Tarkin is the Two of Wands. He has made the choice to run his sector using fear, and he has made the choice to put all his energy into the Death Star. Even at the end of A New Hope, he refuses to evacuate his 'technological terror,' believing in his pride that he has made the correct choice in putting all his faith into it. Authority to make decisions does not guarantee that the right decisions will be made.

11. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Not trying to hijack your thread, QHM but if anyone is interested, I figured this thread fits it best...

H.R. Giger Tarot

Okay, back to SW :D

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That's really cool! No worries about hijacking -- you see how long it's been since I've posted anything here?! I should rectify that. :D

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Three of Wands

The Three of Wands is a card of progress, of the first hint that a dream can be made real. Will has been made manifest, and growth and discovery await. Success through self-confidence is possible, and the powerful feelings that come with it aren't far behind.

[​IMG]

The Mos Eisley Spaceport may be a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but for Luke it is also a place of growth and discovery. The commerce and enterprise signified by the Three of Wands are embodied by the spaceport itself, while self-confidence and manifested will are traits Luke sees all around him while at Mos Eisley, particularly in Obi-Wan and in Han Solo.

14. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    These are so freakin' cool. =D=

15. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Unfortunately, I think I missed this. Please excuse while I ROFL awhile...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Glad you enjoyed that, Gundark!

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Four of Wands

An initial success has been attained in the Four of Wands, and it can be enjoyed. But this is only one step of many, and, along the way, this card can bring clarification, insecurity, guilelessness, a and a refuge.

[​IMG]

Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes (the Cantina Band) are the Four of Wands. Luke has made it through Mos Eisley and into the Cantina, a refuge of sorts, but he is still insecure and naive. Here he will begin to understand how dangerous the world he is entering really is. One of the card's other meanings, harmony, is in the melodies of the band itself, but the emphasis here is for Luke to not rest on his laurels, because he hasn't seen anything yet.

18. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
  19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Five of Wands

An impasse is reached in a struggle. Conflicts escalate, causing confusion and panic. Competition, war, or dire battles are fought and the outcome is not certain.

[​IMG]

Ewoks battle Stormtroopers in the image on this card. The battle here is technology (the Empire) versus will (the Ewoks fighting for their homeland and the Rebels fighting for their freedom). This battle is one for life against the sterility of the Empire. The outcome is uncertain, but it must be fought until the end.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Six of Wands

The Six of Wands is victory and glory. Solution, success, and hope, are brought by a champion of the people.

[​IMG]

Luke and Han have earned their accolades. The New Hope has brought together a team and has triumphed over the Death Star, and the Rebel Alliance will live to fight another day. After the adulation, Luke will now lead some of the Rebels into the next phase of their battle, and Han will play an important role in the fate of the galaxy. But for now they can accept the rewards they've earned.

21. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    These are so awesome!

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Seven of Wands

The Seven of Wands is on the defensive, needing to take back control. In this card, odds are surmounted with courage and valor in a fight for survival.

[​IMG]

In this image, Luke faces the challenge of Jabba the Hutt and all Jabba's henchmen in order to save his friends. Against overwhelming odds, he beats back the onslaught of attackers and emerges victorious with all his friends safely at his side.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Eight of Wands

The fall happens swiftly in the Eight of Wands. There is much movement, but no one can control it. The best that can happen is to ride the wave and hope for the best. I lean toward the more negative meaning of this card than some do.

[​IMG]

Here, Han has been frozen in carbonite, a victim of forces he can't control. The Empire has captured and tortured his body, his heart is heavy with the knowledge that he, Chewbacca, and Leia have been used as bait to bring Luke to Darth Vader, and, to top it all off, the poor man has just discovered the love of his life only to be pulled from her. All he can do is see what comes next and hope that he survives. Likewise, Lando has no control over what is happening to his city and to his old friend. He can only watch as everything spirals out of control.

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Nine of Wands

The Nine of Wands sees a long battle nearing completion, but with a pause in the current struggle. However, the position must be defended. There are still obstacles and adversity within this pause, but a final push can bring victory.

[​IMG]

Obi-Wan Kenobi faces Count Dooku's Force lightning after a pause in their duel. Instead of retreating or becoming overwhelmed, Obi-Wan defends his position with ease, putting the advantage of surprise back in his favor.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ten of Wands

Tens usually reflect some sort of completion, but the Ten of Wands includes the oppression and burden that some successes can bring. Excessive pressure can come to the successful, along with new difficulties, in the guise of prosperity and achievement. Some of the burden must be delegated.

[​IMG]

In the Star Wars deck, the Ten of Wands finds the heroes out of the frying pan and into the fire. They've successfully escaped the detention block corridor, but now find themselves in a garbage masher with an unknown creature. The quite literal pressure comes when the walls start to close in on them, and only when Luke asks the droids for outside assistance are they able to escape.