main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    > select name for base ship: Scarlet Shadow
    > recruit Durosian. It's not like you can trust anybody around here, but you figure maybe you can trust them a little more that the others.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    >Ask "What can you tell me about the Duros back in Cell 66? "

3. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    A standard minute earlier
    “Well, as I explained before, your ship’s navicomputer will only be able to access the twelve mission locations at first,” Ardana says. “The only additional location will be this ship, the Scarlet Shadow.”

Base Ship- The Scarlet Shadow
    Lictor
    -class dungeon ship / warship / mobile prison
    Price: 7,500,000 credits

Now
    You have recruited the female Durosian as your first crew member. ‘It's not like I can trust anybody around here,’ you think, ‘but I figure maybe I can trust her a little more than the others.’ (1 point to Cowgirl Jedi 1701)
    "What can you tell me about the Duros back in Cell 66?" you ask Ardana.

“Not much,” she answers honestly. “She was smuggling cargo like-” Ardana stops to change her wording. “I mean… she was running cargo like you.” The blue Twi'lek smirks knowingly at you. “Anyway, we’re out of time. Get to your ship.”

She heads for the southwest passage. Before exiting, she calls back to you. “The Durosian will be sent to board just before you launch.” Ardana leaves the hangar bay.

The two guards watch you suspiciously from the eastern catwalk. You no longer feel a draft. The Devaronian guard glowers at you while the guard in armor places a hand upon his cycler rifle. You no longer hear synchronized marching. It’s quiet. Too quiet.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Walk west
    >Find what was blowing the blindfold eastwards.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    >Pause and inspect your ship to make sure there isn't a tracker attached.

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    I'm sure there are tracking devices, but I don't think there is any issue with being tracked at this time. If we are following the missions then it might even be advantageous to be tracked by Ardana.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You walk to the west. First, you pass by the sleek, triangular ship (the one Ardana referred to as a Delta-7). Next, the T-65 Advanced X-wing starfighter. Again, you feel a slight draft coming somewhere from above. You reach the YT-2400 light freighter, and no longer feel the breeze. Next, you walk by the BTL Y-wing starfighter. Then, the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft (you heard that it was no longer in production). You take a few more steps westward, coming to the hangar bay wall.

The two guards descend the stairs from the catwalk to the hangar bay floor. They eye you suspiciously.

In an attempt to find an eastward breeze, you check the wall. As far as you can tell, it's a standard, reinforced, load-bearing, durasteel wall.

The guards approach with the armored guard leading. They've reached the XS stock light freighter. "Let's go!" the Devaronian wearing the jade tabard yells. "Get to the ship."
    You pause for a moment, and then make your way back to the Otana. Between the X-wing and the YT-2400, you feel a slight draft from above. You assume it's just siphoned air from the high ceiling's ventilation shaft. The pair of guards reach the Otana at the same time you do. "Enough funny business," the Devaronian says. "Time for you to board." The other guard tightens his grip on the cycler.

Rather than board, you decide to inspect your ship. It's a YT-2000 transport with a centrally-placed cockpit. The laser turrets are in top notch shape. You estimate the ship's worth at 145,000 credits, considering the reinforced hull and ion cannon. As far as you can tell, there isn't a tracker attached. However, you recall Ardana's statement: "Besides, Zan Sey will be keeping tabs on you at ALL times."

You've ignored the guards, and they're NOT happy.

The Scoreboard
    #1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and Blackhole E Snoke with 2 points each!
    #3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Strange Unusual Plant, and I Are The Internets with 1 point each!
    TOTAL (Shared) POINTS: 7

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Say "Sorry guys, just doing the necessary pre-flight checks. Everything looks good."

>Walk up Otana's entrance/exit ramp.
    >Examine cargo hold. Regret lost profits.
    >Do a quick check of the rest of the interior while waiting for our Duros companion.

9. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "Sorry guys, just doing the necessary pre-flight checks. Everything looks good," you say to the guards. The armored guard loosens his grip on the cycler. (1 point to Blackhole E Snoke)

"Board the ship," the Devaronian states plainly. She adjusts her jade tabard.

You walk up the Otana's ramp and the two guards back off. They turn and head back towards the east catwalk.

The Otana - Common Room
    This is a circular compartment for lounging with passages in all eight directions. The central area is sunken and contains comfortable seating. Just north of the sunken area is a holochess table. A thermal detonator sits upon the board. You decide to examine the cargo hold. There are two holds in the rear: an upper hold and a lower hold. You head south to check them out.

The Otana - Lower Cargo Hold
    The space is quite expansive for a ship this size. You estimate its capacity at 65 tons, plus two months' worth of consumables. You climb a durasteel ladder.

The Otana- Upper Cargo Hold
    You estimate its capacity at 50 tons, plus an additional month's worth of consumables. There's an empty blue crate here. You regret your lost profits and decide to quickly check out the rest of the interior. Your fast examination finds every compartment in tip-top shape. You found a hydrospanner in the pilot's station and a datacard in the crew quarters. Satisfied with your inspection, you head back to the circular room.

Common Room
    You stand in the sunken area and wait.

A female Durosian walks up the boarding ramp and joins you. She's the Duros that helped you in the holding cell. Her red eyes still appear welcoming. "Oh... it's you," she utters after recognition. "You're Aeryn Sunrider?" She doesn't wait for a response. Instead, she offers her bluish-green hand for a shake. "Hi. My name's <please select an original female Durosian first name> Zholt. Are we smugglers now?"

<<<<<>>>>>

Everyone is welcome to play! Please feel free to post at any time. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    >First name, select Lerona>
    >Reply with a shrug: "We're whatever they want us to be until the job is done, looks like.">
    >Head toward the flight cockpit and start the pre-flight sequence.>
    >Check the navcomputer and verify Ardana's instructions are as she stated.>

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Call Lerona into cockpit.
    > "I'm sorry. Yes I'm Aeryn, Oh and no I'm not a smuggler, I was transporting goods legally" (this time).
    > Shake Lerona's hand.
    > "I hope we can work well together Lerona"
    > "Have a seat. So how did you get stuck in a place like this?"
    > "What are you good at?"

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The Otana's Crew:
    Crew Member #1- Aeryn Sunrider, Human female
    Crew Member #2- Lerona Zholt, Duros female
    {Please Select call signs}

You answer Lerona's inquiry about smuggling with a shrug. "We're whatever they want us to be until the job is done, looks like."

Shaking her bald head, Lerona shrugs as well. "Nothing like being recruited for the cause."

You head north towards the centrally-placed cockpit, leaving Lerona Zholt in the common room.

The Otana - Cockpit
    The cockpit is built for two, with the pilot's station at the front. There's a raised console behind the station for the co-pilot. The upper hemisphere of the cockpit is transparisteel, allowing for an unobscured view to the sides, front, and above. You attempt to initiate the pre-flight sequence, but the ship is still powered down and nothing happens.

'Check the navcomputer and verify Ardana's instructions are as she stated.' - {please provide a specific command}
    "Lerona," you call. "Please come to the cockpit." She enters with a confused look on her face. Realizing you accidentally snubbed her, you apologize. "I'm sorry. Yes I'm Aeryn, oh and no I'm not a smuggler, I was transporting goods legally."

"Ha!" Lerona lets out a loud chuckle. "Aren't we all?" she teases. Her laughter is quite charming.

You offer your hand for a shake. Lerona accepts and shakes your hand. "I was afraid you found me repugnant," she kids with a lipless smile. (1 point to Blackhole E Snoke) {Your alignment shifts to the light.}
    Alignment: +1, light side

"I hope we can work well together Lerona," you sincerely express. You notice movement outside. It's the guards, patrolling the east catwalk once more.

"Shouldn't be a problem," she responds. "You're already treating me better than my last boss." Her slit pupils dilate as she squints. This is a Durosian sign of acceptance, you recall. Lerona laughs again.

"Have a seat," you say. Zholt takes the pilot's seat. "So how did you get stuck in a place like this?"

"Well, I was a starship engineer in my home system. Then, about a cycle ago, the 'jade menace' approached me with an offer I couldn't refuse." She pauses, all traces of mirth gone. "They said it was my piloting skills, but there were others better than me," Lerona explains. "They searched all of Jivv and only took me. Next thing I know, I'm locked up in that holding cell." She looks at the floor. "I talked to the other prisoners. They all had similar stories. We're being watched, the Togruta told me. They have some kind of specialized agenda that requires 'certain' individuals. Oh, and they despise the Empire. That's really all I know."

You follow with another question. "What are you good at?"

"Not much," she says, laughter returning. "I'm an okay pilot, engineer... oh, and I dabble in astronomy." Her welcoming red eyes widen when she mentions 'astronomy'.

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > "Astronomy huh? I guess study of the stars is is a useful hobby for a pilot to have."

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    >Select callsigns of Signet 1 for Aeryn; Signet 2 for Lerona>
    >Scroll through the navcomputer to verify the list of missions and select the Tibanna one.>
    >Glower out the viewscreen at the conspicuously nosy guards.>
    >Say to Lerona: "Astronomy is also a hobby of mine. How are you at slicing? I know some about it, but only the basics.>
    >Attempt to start the flight sequence again.>

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  15. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "Oh, yeah," Lerona confirms,"but you'd be surprised how many pilots don't know a molecular cloud from a planetary nebula." You're unsure if she's being serious.
    The Otana's Crew (callsigns):
    Crew Member #1- Aeryn Sunrider, Human female / Signet 1
    Crew Member #2- Lerona Zholt, Duros female / Signet 2

At the moment, all systems are offline, so you cannot scroll through the missions on the navicomputer. Mission One has already been chosen; it was selected via the datapad Ardana gave you. There's only one way to power up the Otana. (GOAL #1: Power up the Otana / worth 2 points)

You glower through the transparisteel at the guards. They're already suspicious. With your intense stare, their suspicion grows. They head for the metallic stairs.

"Astronomy is also a hobby of mine," you tell Lerona Zholt.

She smiles and her eyes seem to sparkle. "Have you ever been to Wild Space?"

You ask a question of your own at the same time. "How are you at slicing?"

"Terrible," she admits.

"I know some about it," you share, "but only the basics." You attempt to start the flight sequence, but there's still no power.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > Facepalm and say "Force, I can't believe I'm being such a derphead right now!"
    > Go turn on the power

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > "I shipped some supplies to Pion once. Coldest I've ever been. Not much law out there. Mostly I worked in the Garis sector of the Outer Rim"

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    >Sigh and comment: "Wonder why we're still grounded. I'm going to check some things in the common room. Let me know when we're ready to take off.">
    >Head to the common area and check the gaming consoles for dejarik and sabacc.>
    >Settle into one of the comfy couches for a nap.>

19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The palm of your hand is brought to your face in exasperation. "Force, I can't believe I'm being such a derphead right now!" You deduce that turning on the power should be an easy task, so you input the appropriate sequence. (1 point to Cowgirl Jedi 1701) Again, nothing happens.

It doesn't start. Due to your rudimentary slicing skills, you can tell that your captors have encrypted the realspace pre-flight sequence. (The sequence which allows the craft to power up.) Therefore, you need to plug in a ‘key’ of sorts. (1 point to WarmNyota_SweetAyesha) You vaguely recall Ardana explaining this.
    You share some information with Lerona Zholt, who still sits in the pilot's chair. "I shipped some supplies to Pion once. Coldest I've ever been. Not much law out there. Mostly I worked in the Garis sector of the Outer Rim."

"Wizard." The discussion continues to brighten her mood and hold her attention. "The Togruta told me we're near Wild Space right now," she excitedly says. "Somewhere out beyond Skynara."
    "Wonder why we're still grounded," you say with a sigh. Lerona looks at you quizzically. "I'm going to check some things in the common room. Let me know when we're ready to take off."

Lerona turns in the chair. "Oh... okay," she mutters, unsure of what to do.

You head south, noticing the hydrospanner near the co-pilot's seat again.

Common Room
    There are no gaming consoles here. However, you notice the thermal detonator on the holochess table again. Settling into one of the couches, you attempt to nap. Sleep comes easily.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Wake up
    >Discover how long you were asleep.
    >Take Thermal Detonator and place it safely in the Otana's weapons locker.
    >Pick up datacard from crew quarters and examine.
    >Head back into cockpit.
    >Take Hydro spanner
    > Say to Lerona "Sorry, I must have been more tired than I thought. Has anything happened while I was out?"
    > Give Hydrospanner to Lerona and both head towards engine room at the rear of the ship.
    > "You're an engineer right? Lets see what you can do".
    >

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Wait, reading through this again. Did the datapad not get plugged into the ship navcomputer yet?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    >In the engine room, suggest: "Lerona, do you think you can 'unlock' the system so we can get out of here?">
    >Indicate the hydrospanner. "Maybe use this, if all else fails?">

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Return to cockpit and confirm datapad is correctly plugged into navcomputer.
    >Use datacard on Datapad?

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You wake up. Your sleep was glorious. All traces of dizziness are gone and you can think clearly.
    HIT POINTS: 5 / 5
    (WarmNyota_SweetAyesha scores 1 point) You don't have a chronometer, so you can't tell how long you've been asleep. Ardana must've called off the guards. It's possible your nerfhide gloves feature a chrono. In the meantime, you estimate your nap lasted eight standard hours. To the north, space still looks the same. Lerona Zholt is asleep in the pilot's seat.

You take the thermal detonator and head northwest.

The Otana - Captain's Quarters
    This small, triangular room provides a computer console and simple bunk. You place the detonator in a weapons locker to the northeast.
    {Would you like to claim this room for Aeryn?}
    You leave the room.

Common Room > northeast

The Otana
    - Crew Quarters
    This small, triangular room is identical to the Captain's Quarters, but reversed (symmetrical layout). You take the datacard off the locker and examine.
    It's white with no markings of any kind. You're guessing it's the one you have to deliver to the Blue Mountains Outpost.
    {Would you like to claim this room for Lerona?}
    You leave the room.

Common Room > north

Cockpit
    You take the hydrospanner. "Sorry, I must have been more tired than I thought. Has anything happened while I was out?" you ask Lerona.

She wakes up. [face_tired] "By the stars," she mumbles, startled. Stretching her arms, she yawns and looks at you. "Oh... no, nothing happened. I saw that Ardana woman summon her guards but that's all I remember," she explains, embarrassed. You give her the hydrospanner. Then, you both leave the cockpit.

Common Room > southwest

The Otana - Engine Room West
    This diamond-shaped room allows access to the atmospheric engines and other crucial systems. There are exits to the north and east. "You're an engineer right?" you ask Lerona Zholt. "Let's see what you can do."

"Oh... I don't think there's anything wrong," she states. "These systems are in perfect working order. We just need to bypass their encryption on the starter."
    No, the datapad hasn't been plugged into the navicomputer.
    "Lerona, do you think you can 'unlock' the system so we can get out of here?" you inquire.

"Um... sure, but I need the datapad Ardana gave you." She wonders why you don't do it.

Then, you motion towards the hydrospanner in her hand. "Maybe use this, if all else fails?"

Now Lerona's really confused. :confused: "Oh, nope, I don't need it... just need the datapad."
    You leave the engine room through the north exit.

Common Room > north

Cockpit
    You plug the datapad into the navicomputer. (Blackhole E Snoke scores 2 points) {Great job!} The Otana starts. All of the various system lights turn on while the ship powers up. The navicomputer is functional and you hear the soothing hum of the realspace engines. =D=
    GOAL #1 Achieved

The datacard is not compatible with your datapad.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > Claim captain's quarters for Aeryn, give crew quarters to Lerona.
    > Now that you have the Otana powered up, leave the docking bay of the Scarlet Shadow and head for Bespin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.