main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    The Otana - Common Room
    You flip the shield generator's switch, deactivating the energy field. (DEFENSE POINTS: ZERO / 10)

"What's his problem?" Dathis asks, referring to Grunty.

"I'm not sure," Lerona responds. "I better go make sure he doesn't mess with those parts again." She goes west.

Leaving Dathis in the common room, and the others in the galley, you enter the cockpit.

Cockpit
    You watch the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft for any activity by its occupants.
    For seven standard minutes, nothing happens.

During the lull, you notice that the repulsorlift city is now visible to the west. You also observe an occasional Storm IV Twin-Pod cloud car flying through the indigo sky beyond the northern platform.

The darker stage of twilight was ending, and nightfall was seconds away. Just before the lighting of L-19's exterior illumiunation banks, the Firespray's ramp descends.

You see a humanoid walk out and head to the cargo hold. You're unsure of the species at this distance. Waiting patiently, you spy half a dozen beldons floating just off the eastern platform. They're quite close to mine L-20.

Now, with the facility's artificial light, you see the humanoid exit the cargo hold and return to the bottom of the ramp. It's a Zabrak. You squint. It's a brown-skinned Zabrak with a severed cranial horn. He's wearing a pale blue jumpsuit and wielding a vibroblade.

A second Zabrak, female, exits the craft and joins him. He puts his blade in its sheath. She hands him electrobinoculars. He takes them, makes the appropriate adjustments, and uses them to look southward. It appears as if he's peering right into your cockpit.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    > smile and wave
    > casually exit Otona and lean against the hull, casually flipping hydrospanner in your hand.

V-2 and Blue Ice Cream like this.
  3. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701. You are a bold one. :)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Assuming the mysterious male Zabrak can see inside your cockpit, you smile and wave. :D

He continues to use the electrobinos in the same fashion, showing no recognition of your 'greeting'.

The female Zabrak heads south toward the catwalk.

Night has fallen. Beyond the northern platform, the evening sky is gorgeous. The lights upon various airborne ships twinkle, each ray causing the thick clouds to shine. One nearby vessel, a Twin-Pod cloud car, races toward the sparkling repulsorlift city to the west. A few cloudless areas of the sky reveal stars. Two of them are significantly brighter than the others.

You leave the cockpit.

Common Room
    Dathis is sitting at the holochess table, attempting to activate the game. You can see Lerona speaking to Grunty in the galley. You exit the Otana, casually.

Central Platform
    Reaching the bottom of the ramp in a casual fashion, you notice the female Zabrak stop herself halfway across the catwalk. Holding the handrail, she unsheathes a vibroblade. The other Zabrak continues to peer at your craft with the binos.

You lean against the Otana's hull, unconcerned. Flipping your hydrospanner in your hand, you're quite relaxed. Impressive. :vader: (+1 Dexterity = Level 4)

The female Zabrak backs up a bit, while the male finishes spying and boards the Firespray. Its ramp closes.

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > keep a subtle watch on the Zabrak while continuing to pretend you don't give a crap.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Urmmm? This seems dangerous lol.

> "Can I help you?"

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe, but it would probably be more dangerous to directly confront them, and to just lay low would be not very helpful, so I figure the best strategy is to play it cool like this, just a subtle indication that yeah we see them.

7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Fighting off an intense wind, the female Zabrak returns to the catwalk's halfway point. You notice that her jumpsuit is emblazoned with the same symbol on your helmet. She grasps the handrail with one hand, and wields her vibroblade with the other.

You keep a subtle watch on the Zabrak while pretending her presence is of no concern. The cloud car disappears behind the glittering spires of the repulsorlift city, which is now positioned to the northwest.
    Still leaning against your ship's hull, you address the stranger. "Can I help you?"

She sneers at you. "Cut the act, Sunrider... or should I call you Azzameen?" The taunt is spoken loudly. Pointing her blade at you, the Zabrak goes on. "I suggest you and the 'crew' get back to your mission."

The Firespray starts to hover over the north platform.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > "I'm sorry. I wasn't aware there was a deadline."
    > flip the hydrospanner again and saunter back aboard the Otona.
    > Tell the others "I think we might have some competition. We better get to work finding those corusca gems."

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Attach hydrospanner to belt
    > Give Lerona E-11 for show.
    > Weild Hydroshovel in flamboyant motion
    > Give Grunty 10 credits to follow us
    > "Lerona, did you get anything from trying to speak with him?"
    > Assemble party outside the ship.
    > Say "Lets try to find the basic speaking Ugnaught."
    > Head south and then anti clockwise to return to conduction lab

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    After she shares her suggestion with you, the female Zabrak retreats to the northern platform. She stands beneath the hovering Firespray, never hearing your 'apology'. The ship turns slowly to face your position. Its pilot flashes you with the flood lights.

With much bravado, you flip the hydrospanner again. Walking in a slow, unconcerned manner, you board the Otana.

Common Room
    Your three 'friends' are sitting comfortably in the sunken lounge. You share your thoughts. "I think we might have some competition. We better get to work finding those Corusca gems."
    The hydrospanner is now attached to your utility belt. You hand the E-11 to Lerona Zholt in hopes of increasing your intimidation factor. Wielding the hydroshovel with exuberance, you exude style. (Style = Level 1) Dathis lets out a jovial laugh and the others join him.

"Here Grunty," you say. The Ugnaught stops laughing. You hand him 10 credits. "Follow us." He understands, and accepts. You turn to the Duros. "Lerona, did you get anything from trying to speak with him?"

"Nothing," she replies honestly, "but he seems to be done trying to steal from us." Grunty furrows his brow and waves a fist at Lerona, squealing. You quickly convince the others to accompany you outside.

Central Platform
    Your party assembles. "Let's try to find the basic speaking Ugnaught." Lerona and Dathis nod, while Grunty points southward.

You look at the north platform. Both the female Zabrak and Firespray-class ship are gone. Beyond the platform, the glittering city hovers, back in the direction where you originally observed it (north). 'What's the deal?' you think.

The party heads south. Once again, the fierce wind blowing up from between catwalks hinders your advancement. It's significantly colder now that night has fallen.
    (Temperature: -4, cold) You all make it across.

Gas Pod #9
    Lerona drops the E-11 blaster rifle. Her hands are frigid. The four of you walk along the 'ring' counter-clockwise and pass by pods 8, 7, and 6. Next, you head east into the laboratory.

Conduction Lab
    You enter the four-walled room. It's a laboratory fitted with a dozen fixtures. Each fixture features a rinser and equipment for tibanna experiments. An Ugnaught in a white coat enters the lab from the southwest. He notices you immediately and stops. He's holding a beaker. There are four exits: N, E, SW, W. The western passage leads back to the circular metallic walkway. You can see gas pods #5 and #6 along the 'ring'.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Lerona did pick up the rifle again right? Who would drop something and just leave it on the floor?
    >Send Dathis back to fetch E-11 if it was left behind.
    > Say to lab Ugnaught "Hi, I hear that you speak basic. What do you do with these beakers" hold out our beaker. "Were looking to acquire a corusca gem".

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Lerona did not pick up the rifle. She figured someone else would grab it for her, considering the frigid hands. This will occasionally happen when multiple commands are entered. Here's the explanation from the instructions:
    'Typing multiple commands is allowed if you wish to make several moves. However, you'll lose the ability to react to occurrences between those actions.'
    "Dathis, would you please grab the E-11 we dropped near Gas Pod #9?" you ask.

"No problem," he amicably responds. "Try not to frighten the Ugnaught." Dathis leaves to the west.

You approach the Ugnaught in the white lab coat and speak. "Hi, I hear that you speak Basic."

"That's correct," he replies in a guttural voice. "And you are?" He puts on a quizzical look.

"What do you do with these beakers?" you inquire, holding out the sealed beaker. Lerona Zholt is standing at a fixture, warming her hands in its rinser. Grunty sits atop the east countertop, examining some equipment for tibanna experiments.

"That's highly classified," the Ugnaught explains. "Return the beaker at once." He squeals.

You continue to hold out the beaker. "We're looking to acquire a Corusca gem."

He scoffs. "What would I know about a Corusca gem?" Squinting, he stares at you intently. "Now hand over the beaker." Tapping his foot, he waits.

Suddenly, the chronometer on your glove starts to beep. Dathis Kamiah has not yet returned. You are hungry, tired, and cold.
    (GOAL #5: determine why your chronometer is beeping / worth 1 point)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Happy Eve to everyone!!! [face_party]

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Name lab Ugnaught 'Grumpy'.
    > Give Grumpy the beaker "Sorry" .
    > Inspect chrono.

But it is also happening within single commands. The second command of my previous post got separated into three, giving us no ability to reply to Grumpy's interuptions.

14. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    True. This happens just to move the adventure along and give it a more realistic flow. We won't allow it to cost you anything severe. If it becomes a major problem, we'll eradicate it completely.
    "Here ya go, Grumpy." You offer the sealed beaker to the Ugnaught. "Sorry." Your chrono continues to beep.

"Very funny," he says, nodding cynically, "but my name's Wemex Morbo." He grabs the beaker with authority. You can hear the soothing hum of repulsors from beyond the east door.

Still sitting atop the counter, Grunty squeals some information to Wemex while fiddling with the equipment some more. The chronometer stops beeping.

"Oh really," Wemex comments. Again, he stares at you closely. Lerona shuts off the rinser and joins you near 'Grumpy'.

You bring your arm up and stare at the chronometer.
    Inspect chrono: Wrist-worn on your glove, the chrono keeps Galactic Standard Time. A small, circular display shows a rotating image of the Otana. You estimate the chrono's worth at 500 credits.

Wemex Morbo places both beakers on the nearest fixture and straightens his white lab coat. He walks over to Grunty.

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    >"Do you happen to have a coat or something for my cold friend here?"
    >"Do you know why my chronometer is beeping?"

16. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Grunty speaks to Wemex Morbo in Ugnaught. They chatter away for a minute. Then, Wemex turns to you and Lerona.

"You know, my friend here has a name," Wemex explains. "It's Sugren Knarza." (GOAL #3 Achieved / translate Ugnaught / NO points awarded)
    Wemex 'Grumpy' Morbo looks you over yet again. Pointing at Grunty, the Ugnaught goes on. "He says you've been attempting to steal droid parts from the facility."

You decide to ask Wemex a question. "Do you happen to have a coat or something for my cold friend here?" Motioning towards Zholt, you wait for his response. (+1 Alignment)

"Well," he says, "you may be common thieves, but I'm no barbarian." Wemex takes off his long, white trench coat and tosses it to Lerona. "Here," he says, "it's not going to fit, but at least you can wrap it around your body."

Lerona wraps the bulk around her upper body and neck, letting the remainder fall against her back. "Thanks," she replies. (V-2 scores 1 point)

You follow up with another inquiry. "Do you know why my chronometer is beeping?" Wemex gives you an odd look. He wonders why you would ask something so bizarre. Grunty squeals at you with his version of laughter.

"Well, I'm no scientist... wait. Actually I am a scientist. Anyway," Wemex continues, "I would assume the display on your chrono can provide an answer... unless it's just an incoming transmission."

You no longer hear the soothing hum of repulsors from beyond the east door.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > "We paid Grunty.....sorry Sugren for the parts, he accepted the credits, the parts were heading for the furnace anyway. We are trying to build a droid, any help would be great. We stiil need to find a head."

I think we are going to need a hint soon, we don't seem to be getting anywhere and things just happen and we can't react to them quick enough. What was the ship outside the east door for example.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  18. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Actually, you're doing rather well. As a group, you've accumulated 21 points already. Even more impressive, you have 19 booster points remaining. This will allow you to enhance your skills easily. {Example- If you're having difficulty walking across a beldon (wink wink), then your current Balance level (1) isn't high enough. Simply boost the stat to the appropriate level for success.} With that being said, here's a list of more hints as requested (all hints derived from previous entries):
    1. Wemex Morbo can be 'swayed' to translate for other Ugnaughts throughout Tibanna Mine L-19.
    2. You received NO incoming transmission on your chrono, for it has NO comm system. However, there's a rotating image of the Otana on its display.
    3. Dathis Kamiah never returned and repulsors were heard out on the east platform. It's no coincidence.
    4. Yes, your hyperdrive is locked to the mission locations, but taking manual control in realspace allows you to visit nearby locales. So, stocking up on needed items is quite possible. (You have 4980 credits, plus items that can be sold.)
    5. You can return to the Scarlet Shadow at any time.
    6. You can hail Ardana from the Otana at any time.
    7. If you discover the contents of a particular gas pod, then a thermal detonator might come in handy.
    8. The group of tibanna mines are orbiting the repulsorlift city. This is why the city changes position.
    9. The Zabraks are not your competition and can prove helpful.
    10. Your current Stealth level is already 2. Boosting it will help you sneak past large groups of beings.
    11. Ugnaughts are quick to accept credits, which is good to know if you want to build a droid.
    12. There are twenty-four plasteel bins in the utility room. Hit the buttons on the wall to rotate the metallic carousel.
    Bonus Hint- Dathis said...
    "Can't find a tether, so I'm tryin' to get to L-20 using beldon bait. It's only 200 feet off the east platform, but you can't land there. The security's tight for some reason. Rumor has it that the good stuff's over there."
    You speak to Wemex. "We paid Grunty.....sorry Sugren for the parts, he accepted the credits, the parts were heading for the furnace anyway. We are trying to build a droid, any help would be great. We still need to find a head."

"That's not what he says," Wemex Morbo explains, "but no matter. If you're trying to build a droid, we can help... for a price." (Blackhole E Snoke scores 1 point)

You're still tired and hungry, but no longer cold. Sugren grunts.

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Much potentially useful information. Now to figure out precisely what to do with it....

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > To Wemax "Yes we can pay you. How about 50 credits each for your help to build a working droid? Also I would like to buy us all a late supper to eat together in the dinning room. You must be hungry, right Grunty? Lerona and I are starving" .

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > "I mean Sugren. Sorry."

(We really have to remember to call these Ugnaughts by their proper names, now that we know them.)

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  22. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Haha It's a friendly nickname though.

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    We are not Tony Stark, Reindeer Games. [face_laugh]

(Oh wait, I'm Reindeer Games.) :oops:

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The eastern door whooshes open and a fierce wind blows in from outside. You see your Besalisk friend, Dathis Kamiah, peek into the room. As soon as he sees you, he disappears again (to the east platform you assume). The door closes.
    You, Lerona Zholt, and the Ugnaught Wemex Morbo are gathered around Sugren Knarza, who's still sitting atop the counter. Addressing Wemex, you bargain. "Yes we can pay you. How about 50 credits each for your help to build a working droid?"

Sugren grunts and you understand it as laughter. He looks at Wemex with a smile.

"I was thinking more along the lines of 50 credits for each part we assemble," the so-called 'scientist' suggests. Sugren snorts and nods his small head.

"Also," you add, "I would like to buy us all a late supper to eat together in the dining room."

"There's nothing to purchase here," Wemex explains. "I can offer you nutrient drinks and bars. Let's head to the dining area." Sugren climbs down from the countertop. "Of course," Wemex Morbo adds, "you can always head to the city if you want something else."

The four of you cycle through the rooms, taking the shortest route back to the dining area.

Conduction Lab > Utility Room
    "You must be hungry, right Grunty?" you ask the stocky Ugnaught. "Lerona and I are starving." The Duros yawns.

Sugren scoffs and squeals, shaking a fist at you.

"He doesn't care for your nickname," Wemex says, "and considering you stole his lunch, yes, he's hungry."
    Utility Room > Bait Storage
    "I mean Sugren. Sorry." Your apology doesn't seem to brighten Sugren's mood. He rolls his eyes.

You hear a familiar voice to the north. Someone's out there, just beyond gas pod #9. "Yes, Signet 1 and Signet 2 are accounted for."

Bait Storage > Explosives Lab
    "Almost there," Wemex declares. He reaches into the pouch attached to his tan belt. He pulls out three nutrient beverages and five nutrient bars.

Explosives Lab > Dining Area
    There are fourteen tables here. Utensils still litter the floor and metallic trays are stacked on a counter. There's a computer terminal protruding from the SW wall. Some unknown stew sits on one of the tables. Above, the illumination bank flickers. Exits exist to the NW, NE, and SE. As Wemex Morbo places the food on a table, you notice his huge gloves. They're much larger than Sugren's.

(Blackhole E Snoke and Cowgirl Jedi 1701 score 1 point each / +1 Alignment)

25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Eat a nutrient bar.
    >Pass nutrient bar to Lerona.
    >"What is in the stew Wemex?"

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.