main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    OOC: I've been thinking, what if we talk to the Zabraks again? If they're not competition, maybe they can be useful.

Also, maybe we could consider beldon surfing over to L-20. After all, rumor has it that's where the good stuff is.

Finally, maybe we should think about going to the city to see if we can buy some gear and supplies.

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think we need some sleep at least to get to daytime again. Lerona would die I think if we went now. Good ideas though.

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes. We should sleep. Then we can get started on the other things.

4. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Nutrient bars: Eaten.
    You and Lerona find the bars quite satisfying.
    Coupled with sleep, your meal could potentially grant you a bonus.

"What is in the stew Wemex?" you dare to ask.

"I don't know, but I can assure you, it's not from Gentes." Wemex eats a bar. "I'd assume someone other than an Ugnaught left it there."

Sugren eats a nutrient bar.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey welcome back :)

>Taste stew.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    > Say loudly "The second Death Star is being constructed on the Forrest moon of Endor and the Emperor is setting a trap for the Rebellion! And in 30 years a bunch of Imperial Cosplayers who call themselves The First Order are going to blow up the Hosnian System! And Luke Skywalker is hiding on Ach-To cuz he is bummed about trying to murder his nephew!"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    V-2 likes this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Must be something weird in that stew afterall lol

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thanks Snoke. :) DRL can wreak havoc sometimes.
    Using a nearby spoon, you sample the mystery stew. Consisting of various seeds and an unknown tree bark, the concoction tastes extremely bitter. You're pretty sure there are some mushroom spores in the stew as well. You've never encountered these 'spores' before. They're hot and sweet. After swallowing, you're not quite sure if this food was meant for Humans.
    You feel quite odd. The bizarre mixture has an immediate affect on you.

Swaying to and fro, you feel a bit lightheaded and loudly blurt out some inane gibberish about the current and future state of the galaxy.

Lerona places her palm on her face, blushes, and shakes her head. Wemex and Sugren appear dumbfounded by your unintelligible ramblings.

Falling to the floor, you have a strange suspicion that someone is spying on you and the others. A loud explosion can be heard from above the dining area.
    Indeed. :D

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Shake head and get it together.
    > Lead party outside to see what made the noise above.

(I was hoping we would gain some courage level or something for daring to taste the stew lol)

Blue Ice Cream and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    > Inquire casually if tasting the soup is going to cause some random nasty flashbacks at inopportune times and if Cloud City has a rehab addiction treatment centre just in case.

11. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Apologies. PC crashed... setting up new system now. We'll continue this ASAP.

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Sprawled out on the dining room floor, you shake your head in an attempt to get it together. Your three companions assist you with getting to your feet. "Where's Dathis?" you blurt out. Wemex and Sugren give each other an uneasy look.

Lerona responds to your inquiry. "He never came back, remember?" She looks you over. "Can you walk?"

Regaining your senses, you head for the adjacent metallic 'ring'. "Come on, let's get outta here and see what that was."
    (+1 Boldness for braving the stew. You are a bold one!) :)

The others follow your lead as you exit to the northeast. You stand between gas pods 11 and 12 and look up. However, the metallic ring's 'ceiling' blocks your view of whatever exploded above the dining area. You'll need to get to the upper levels of the mine. Unfortunately, the staircase next to pod 11 only leads downward. You can still see the Otana across the NE catwalk.
    You casually inquire to no one in particular.

Unsure if you're being serious, Wemex and Sugren give each other ANOTHER uneasy look. Lerona Zholt can't contain a charming laugh.

13. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Call out to Dathis or anyone else up there.

Are you all set with your new PC now? Hope you didn't lose anything with the old one's crash.

14. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Standing between gas pods 11 and 12, you call out towards the ceiling. "Dathis!!!" There's no response. "Anyone up there?!!!!!" you call out, this time louder to fight the sound of whipping wind.

A familiar female voice calls back. "Get back to the mission Sunrider! Zan Sey won't give you a third warning!" Taken aback, you look to your companions for reactions. Oddly enough, the three of them didn't seem to hear anything.

Suddenly, you feel disoriented. Lerona helps you to pod 12 and you place one hand upon the sphere to steady yourself. Something is making you extremely thirsty.
    Well, I'm embarrassed to say no. [face_blush] 'New system' was misleading. I'm actually using an ancient PC with Windows 7 that only works when it wants to. :mad: So, responses will become more frequent when I purchase something decent.

Nah, I didn't lose anything. Had everything backed up on an external. Thanks. :)

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    >get in pod
    > make pod fly

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    >"Total suckpod."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Find a place for the party to rest and get some sleep until morning.

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > wonder if you're actually going insane
    > find beldon bait

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You cannot enter Gas Pod 12. It's an enclosed sphere with a locked hatchway. Your thirst intensifies.

How would you like to make the pod fly... explosives?
    Regaining your senses, you utter the phrase "Total suckpod." Still helping you steady yourself, Lerona Zholt gives you an odd stare. Nothing happens from the incantation.

"She's losing it," Wemex whispers to Sugren. The whipping wind subsides a bit.
    You can attempt to sleep anywhere. The Dining Area comes to mind. Retiring to the Otana is another option.

Your dizziness ends. However, your mouth is intensely dry.
    You wonder if you're actually going insane. Wemex wonders if you're actually going insane. Sugren wonders if you're actually going insane.

Your loyal Durosian friend, Lerona Zholt, continues to stand by your side. "Aeryn, how do you feel?"

You have no beldon bait in your possession, and you don't recall storing any in the Otana. There were dozens of canisters in Bait Storage.

Above the mining complex, the sky has brightened. A thick, bluish-gray cloud cover indicates dawn. Tibanna Mine L-19 (your current location) is now southeast of the repulsorlift city. You see two cloud cars zooming from the city to Tibanna Mine L-20.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Return to dinning area.
    >Find Kitchen
    >Drink from kitchen cold water tap.
    >Return to Dinning area
    >line up some chairs
    >sleep on chairs until fully daylight.

I think I need a full recap on what was happening. What are we meant to be doing? Catching a Beldon?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    > use your special freudian powers of dream interpretation to figure out your direction in life.

22. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    After steadying yourself, you head southwest.

Dining Area
    There are fourteen tables here. Utensils litter the floor and metallic trays are stacked on a counter. There's a computer terminal protruding from the southwest wall. Six Ugnaughts sit at one of the tables, accompanied by a Cerean. Above, the illumination bank flickers. Exits exist to the NW, NE, and SE. The northeast exit leads back to the metallic 'ring'.

There is no adjoining kitchen. The Ugnaughts and their friend seem to be enjoying an early breakfast.

There's no cold water tap. Lerona Zholt points at the occupied table.

You already occupy the Dining Area.

Wemex and Sugren assist you in lining up some chairs so your group can sleep. "Let's get some shut eye, Sug," Wemex tells his fellow Ugnaught. "Especially if we're gonna build a droid for our new 'pal'. She can wake us when she's ready." The four of you get odd stares from the other dining area occupants.

"I think I'll just stay up and keep watch," Lerona explains. Wemex and Sugren hit the chairs and fall asleep immediately. You stretch out on a few chairs, but slumber doesn't come. The incessant snorting of your Ugnaught companions doesn't help the situation, but your intense thirst is the main factor. You can't help but notice the other seven beings studying your group with curiosity and bafflement.

Waiting for full daylight, you hope to get some sleep.
    Some Relevant Information :)

2.5 ABY (Rebellion Era)

Your Playable Character

-Aeryn 'Sunrider' -female -Human
    Speaks: Basic / Reads & Writes: Aurebesh, High Galactic, and Sy Bisti (standard and Bogolan script)

INVENTORY
    Aeryn Sunrider: blunt knife, thermal detonator, bacta capsule, white datacard, 4980 credits, hydroshovel / Outfit #1 (Pilot's Apparel)- short heeled nerfherder boots forest green, R'rayne Gehlor pants black, leather bomber jacket dark brown, natural nerfhide gloves, shirt pale blue, appropriate undergarments, Utility Belt- hydrospanner / shield generator (being worn, deactivated)

Lerona Zholt: Outfit #1 (Pilot's Apparel)- dull orange shirt, brown boots, black pants with orange stripe, light brown leather jacket, appropriate undergarments, Utility Belt- hydrospanner

The Otana: datapad, helmet, thermal detonator in locker, empty crate, droid parts- a small repulsorlift generator, a wheeled appendage, and a grasper
    Container- green photoreceptor, 2 red 'eyes', silver plating, telescoping neck joint, memory bank, scanning sensors, standard vocabulator, slicer, electric pike, treads, jar of Gentes butter, chassis

ALIGNMENT light side, +8

TEMPERATURE -3, just a bit cold

SKILLS dexterity=4 / stealth=2 / concentration=2 / commando roll=1 / slicing=1 / influence=0 / guile=1 / speed=1 / awareness=2 / balance=1 / tenacity=1 / cartography=1 / boldness=1

FORCE ABILITIES ???

HIT POINTS 5 / 5

DEFENSE POINTS ZERO / 10

LUCK +2

The Scoreboard
    #1. Blackhole E Snoke with 12 points!
    #2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701 with 5 points!
    #3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha with 3 points!
    #4. Strange Unusual Plant / I Are The Internets / V-2 with 1 point each!
    TOTAL POINTS: 23
    UPGRADE POINTS REMAINING: 21 (Shared points used to boost skills)

GOALS acquire droid (worth 3 points), acquire backpack and/or sack (worth 1 point), determine why your chronometer is beeping (worth 1 point)
    Mission One: Acquire an amber Corusca gem from Tibanna Mine L-20 at Bespin
    You have no such powers.

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    >Ask for a drink
    >Drink
    >Meditate/sleep

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Should never have eaten that stew :oops:. I wonder were the kitchen is then? Crazy how it isn't next to the dining room.

@Blue Ice Cream Can I use my 12 points to upgrade our influence, guile, and awareness all to 5 please?

I would also like to use @V-2 's 1 point to upgrade our sanity.8-};)

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  25. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Sleep doesn't come, so you get off the chairs and stroll over to the occupied table. "May I have a drink?" you ask no one in particular. The six Ugnaughts continue eating, barely aware of your presence. The Cerean, however, nods at you and pushes a nutrient beverage in your direction.

"Here." He generously offers his drink. "I always bring extra."

You drink the beverage and your thirst is quenched. (V-2 scores 1 point!)

Returning to the chairs, you decide to take another crack at sleeping. After you stretch out as best you can, slumber finally finds you.
    That's a matter of opinion. ;)
    You haven't found a kitchen yet, unless you count the Otana's galley. It seems that the Ugnaught workers bring their meals to the Dining Area from some other location.
    Absolutely. :) Now we're gettin' somewhere!

SKILL CHART
    Level 5 > Influence, Guile, Awareness
    Level 4 > Dexterity (due to gloves bonus)
    Level 3 > NONE
    Level 2 > Stealth, Concentration
    Level 1 > Commando Roll, Slicing, Speed, Balance, Tenacity, Cartography, Boldness
    Level 0 > Sanity :p {Level 0 represents average skill. All higher levels represent above average proficiency.}

Upgrade Points Remaining: 10

May the Fourth Be with You!!!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Would anyone else like to play? Here's the log:
    Hosts- 1.Blue Ice Cream, 2.
    Players- 1.Blue Ice Cream, 2.V-2, 3.WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, 4.Strange Unusual Plant, 5.Cowgirl Jedi 1701, 6.Blackhole E Snoke, 7.I Are The Internets, 8.BigAl6ft6, 9.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.