main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    You perform a commando roll in the direction of the dropped blaster. {Commando Roll=1} Picking it up proves simple, but aiming the weapon is more difficult. {Aim=1} Due to the Duros and the Mythrol struggling, you're afraid a blast may hit Lerona. "Let her go!" you shout.
    OOC: It's okay. Participants can play the adventure any way they see fit. The missions can be followed, or ignored. It just so happens that following them will get you lots of points and bonuses. Also, your ship is programmed to travel only to mission planets AND the Scarlet Shadow. You're both playing stellar! :) By the way, there's a way to unlock Lerona as a playable character.

You drop the blaster, grab the blue Mythrol from behind, and yell to Lerona. "I'll hold him, you hit him." {Strength=1} Once Lerona lets go of your adversary, you find it hard to contain him. The Mythrol struggles free.

"No," Lerona yells back. "I'm not gonna hit him!" He quickly grabs the dropped scanner and runs east. (Your Alignment falls two points to +6)

'Is he molting?' you think as the Mythrol escapes. You notice that the weapon he left behind is only an ion blaster, probably worth about 800 credits. Harido and the shady Sullustan are in the middle of another transaction, while R5 chases the kid westward along the strip.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    >pick up ion blaster "I guess this could be useful against droids and electric shields anyway"
    >watch the shady transaction and let Harido know if he is being conned.

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    > take ion blaster to weapon repair shop and see if you can trade it in for a major discount on something a little better.

OOC: Didn't we pick up a blaster rifle somewhere?

4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, we gave it to Lerona but she dropped it when her hands got too cold on the windy walkway:oops:
    We sent the four arms guy back to fetch it but he never returned.[face_frustrated]

5. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Ion blaster: Taken. "I guess this could be useful against droids and electric shields anyway." You study the transaction between Harido and the Sullustan.

Again, the Sullustan pilot is offering a scarf and goggles. They negotiate in Rodese. Harido says "Wac sookcool," with much pride. You wonder why the Rodian shopkeeper wants the same items.

This time, Harido pulls 3500 credits from his pouch. The male Sullustan shakes his head once more, saying "Prog mnete enyaz ftt sove shuss." You've heard these phrases before. The shopkeeper reluctantly presents another 500 creds, and doesn't seem excited. The Sullustan laughs, takes the money, and hands over the items. "Wknuto." Harido doesn't respond. {Patience improves to +3}

You address Harido as the Sullustan heads for the exit. "You're being conned!" By your estimation, the deal should've cost the Rodian no more than 200 credits. Harido stares at you blankly. Unfortunately, he doesn't understand. (Alignment to +7)
    You and Lerona follow the Sullustan out of the store.

Main Strip B
    This southern half of the marketplace is no longer bustling. 'Strange,' you think. 'Why was it busier before dawn?' Customers walk west and east, some humanoids, some droids. Drudonna is completely obscured by clouds now, and it's too bright to see stars anymore.

You head back to the 'Weapons Repair' kiosk. On your way, you spot the Mythrol entering the bacta emporium. R5 and the girl headed far to the west, and you no longer see them. Walking up to the kiosk, you are addressed by the nearby Chiss. "Would you care to purchase an advanced hydroshovel?" His red eyes remind you of Cad Bane. The crooked Sullustan pilot is strolling eastward.

Weapons Repair Kiosk
    You and Lerona look over the counter into the kiosk. There aren't many weapons in stock. You only see various blasters, about two dozen. A short, female Ur'Wasian repairs a vibroblade at the back of the kiosk, where some tools and machinery are available. She wears yellow-tinted goggles, a stylish headband, and a kerchief around her neck. A ship takes off from one of the nearby docking bays.

"Excuse me," you say. "Can we trade this ion blaster in for a discount on something?"

She turns around and approaches, vibroblade in hand. Looking up, she speaks to you. "Ley'Nari. Welcome to my kiosk." A light freighter lands to the north, so she pauses due to the engine noise. "That ion blaster? It's in good condition, so I'd say it's worth about 700 creds." Ley'Nari looks around. "I don't have much of a selection at the moment. If you want, I can take it as credit towards a blaster, or I can repair it."
    OOC: Nice job with the recollection! Impressive... most impressive. :vader: You even remembered Dathis Kamiah. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    OOC: Well I didn't remember his name. The loss of the E-11 blaster rifle has bothered me since it happened lol. Dathis could still have it, if we ever meet up with him again.

> "I think we should keep the ion blaster for now, what needs repairing on it? Do you have a shooting range we can try it out in?"
    > Check chrono for available time left.
    > Ask Lerona to go and sell our 'fantastic' hydroshovel to the chiss and then come right back.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "I think we should keep the ion blaster for now, what needs repairing on it?" you ask.

The Ur'Wasian places the vibroblade on the counter. She has to reach to do so. "Well, it's fine. It could just use a good cleaning, that's all, get it's worth back to about 700 creds." Another ship blasts off, leaving the bazaar.

"Do you have a shooting range we can try it out in?" you inquire. Lerona Zholt gives you a funny look, and you 'know' what she's thinking. It must be your calm demeanor. {Telepathy Range=1} (Aeryn & Lerona now have a +3 Bond)

'There's not gonna be a shooting range at a bazaar.' Lerona's voice echoes in your mind. Odd, your power was triggered by emotion last time. This time, serenity.

"Um," Ley'Nari says, scratching her forehead with her third right arm, "no... I only own this kiosk. And there's no firing range anywhere on Dargron. I know there's one in Cloud City." You nod and check your expensive chrono. Your rendezvous at the Otana is supposed to occur in 16 standard minutes.

"Lerona," you say, "would you go sell our hydroshovel to the Chiss, and then return here?" Two red-eyed Jawas walk by the kiosk.

"Sure thing boss," Lerona announces playfully. The hydroshovel lot is located to the right of the kiosk. She walks over, and you can hear the transaction. "I'd like to sell this." She shows him the shovel.

He takes it gently and examines the tool with his red eyes. "Why, certainly. Of course. I'm able to offer 350 credits for the asset." A pack of velkers perch on top of the nearby kiosk. Their wings shine in the light of the Bespin sun.

"Okay, thanks." Lerona takes the money, and gives up the hydroshovel. (You have 572 creds.) She returns to the kiosk, hands you the funds, and leans against the wood. Four Lutrillians walk up to the kiosk. The smallest one attempts to get Ley'Nari's attention by jumping and waving. Broad wrinkles cover his face, and his pointy ears twitch while listening for a reply.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Look for a food kiosk.
    > Inspect food.

9. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    There's a food store to the southeast, right across the strip, opposite the hydroshovel salesman. You and Lerona leave the kiosk, and cross the pathway.

Foodstuff Store
    This establishment is automated. You must punch in your order on a keypad, place your credits in the appropriate slot, and pick up your items at the food synthesizer. A hungry Jawa, yellow-eyed, sits on the ground with his back against the wall. You also notice two Grans standing next to the synthesizer.

Along with Lerona, you inspect the posted menu:
    Ration Pack- one-quarter portion (15) / Ration Pack- one-half portion (35) / Ration Pack- one portion (55) / Klatuu Cake (85) / Nutritive Beverage (21) / Jogan Fruit (40) / Nutrient Bar (28) / Basic Grocery Bag (7) / Bespin Broth (57) / Green Milk (68) / Nubian Fruit (80) / Protein Drink (81) / Alderaan Stew (105) / Caf (9) / Bantha Bread (51) / Blob Candy (101) / Dantooine Flapjack with Carbosyrup (112) / Bespin Biscuit (102) / Dargron Mushroom (103) / Energy Capsule (99) / Exo-Protein Wafer (110) / Gentes Butter (108) / Gentes Soup (77) / Seedbread (41) / Umi-Yumi (123) / Wyykmelon (134) / Zoochberry Cobbler (145) / Tralus Slider (156) / Ardees {Jawa Juice} (69)

The Grans ignore your presence and converse. Suddenly, you hear a familiar noise... it's the Firespray's engines. Zan is piloting his craft northward, just above the strip.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >Say to Lerona "Oh these prices for food are steep".
    OCC: aghh this is going to be like real life food shopping lol.
    > Buy grocery bag for 7cr
    > Buy 5 ration packs of 1 full portion for 275cr
    > Buy 5 nutritive beverages (bottled?) For 105cr
    > Buy 2 tins of Bespin broth for 114cr
    > Buy 1 loaf of seedbread for 41cr
    OCC: I make that 542cr. We're almost broke now :-(
    > Head back to the Otana.

11. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "Oh these prices for food are steep," you say to Lerona. The Firespray disappears to the north, behind some circular buildings.

She nods in agreement. "It wasn't even this bad on Duro." Lerona inputs your order and the total price lights up above the credits slot. '542'

(You've been rewarded with another medal! 'Excellence in Mathematics'- presently unequipped)

The Grans' conversation becomes a bit heated. They're having some sort of disagreement.

You insert the appropriate credits and now have 30 left.
    Items purchased: grocery bag, 5 ration packs (1 portion each), 5 nutritive beverages (bottled), 2 cans of Bespin broth, loaf of seedbread

The instant the synthesizer completes your order, one of the Grans pulls out two blasters. He wields one in each hand. His 'associate' heads to the synthesizer immediately, intending to steal your food.

Outside on the strip, a few shoppers are looking through the store's front window. They take notice of your predicament, but keep walking. Apparently, this scenario is common in the bazaar, so they just don't care. The down-on-his-luck Jawa crawls to the synthesizer. Neither Gran notices him.

Your groceries have been bought, but not taken. The first Gran aims one blaster at Lerona, and the other at you. The second Gran goes to take the grocery bag.

You can't return to the Otana because a blasters-wielding Gran stands in your way. He's positioned himself near the exit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > Ask the Gran very sternly, "Are you seriously that hungry?"

13. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "Are you seriously that hungry?" you ask the Gran in a severely assertive manner. Visibly disturbed by your question, Lerona puts her hands up.

'By the sake of the Force, why is she messing with this guy?' Lerona Zholt's thought echoes through your mind. The Jawa can't reach the synthesizer's output tray, so he tugs at the leg of the unarmed Gran's jumpsuit.

Three black eyes stare at you with malice, for the armed Gran is not amused by your stern inquiry. He aims both blasters at you, and sneers. Along with his goat-like snout, the nubs on his head wiggle. "Keep quiet." The Gran's accomplice places all of your food in the grocery bag, while the Jawa continues to pull at his leg.

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > "Okay, take it, but you should know there are rumors that this synthesizer is infected with Laryngocophagy."

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  15. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 The armed Gran is angered by your 'humorous' comment. He squeezes off a blaster shot with his left hand. The bolt is aimed between you and Lerona. It zooms by, ricochets off the magnetically sealed synthesizer, and blasts through the transparisteel window that makes up the front of the store. The window shatters into thousands of tiny shards.

"That was just a scare tactic," Lerona whispers to you. "He's bluffing."

The other Gran has placed all your groceries in the bag. He heads for his accomplice's position, near the exit. The Jawa hangs from his jumpsuit, and is being dragged across the floor. "Mombay m'bwa! Mombay m'bwa!" the little yellow-eyed creature yells.

Everyone outside continues about their business.

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > "If you're trying to scare me, it's not working. But you should be scared. Just because Laryngocophagy isn't harmful to Humans, doesn't make it a joke, pal. It's absolutely deadly to Grans. And it's incurable. I knew a Gran once who was unlucky enough to get infected. First there was a rash that started on his neck, and then spread until it covered his entire body. The disease ate away all his skin, and then started on the rest of his soft tissues. All in all, he lived about three weeks."

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  17. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 By the time you've finished your second sentence, the Gran with your food has reached the exit. He runs through the aperture, but stumbles due to the Jawa hanging from his leg. You complete your fabrication as he hits the ground. There, on the strip, your groceries spill out of the bag. The Jawa grabs the seedbread immediately, while other bazaar patrons close in to scavenge what's left.

Glaring at you with squinted eyes, the armed Gran fires his blaster again. The red bolt sizzles across the room and grazes your left thigh before impacting on the floor. He grins, and leaves the store to assist his accomplice. 'My R'rayne Gehlor pants!' you think, falling to one knee. (HIT POINTS: 4 out of 5) Lerona rushes over to help you.

Another Jawa walks through the front entrance.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    OCC: @Blue Ice Cream did we pick up a cursed item or something lol. We just lost all our money, got shot and injured, and ruined a good pair of pants.[face_worried],

> Limp back to the Otana to meet the ugnaughts. "I hope you guys had an easier time shopping than we did".

19. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    OOC: A cursed item?! No way. Actually, due to your 'fuzzy dice bonus', you're playing with a 'luck statistic' of +3, and it's helped you avoid many sticky situations while navigating through the dangerous bazaar. :) As for the money, you didn't lose it... you spent it! :D
    There's no need to limp after Lerona Zholt helps you to your feet. Your left thigh stings. Ignoring the Jawa, you leave the foodstuff store.

Main Strip B
    You and Lerona spot the two Grans headed north to the other strip with some of your items. Escaping the scene eastward, a Sullustan and an Ugnaught make off with a few of your groceries as well. Three Jawas, red-eyed, scavenge what's left... a ration pack, a nutritive beverage, and a can of Bespin broth. You walk west along the strip and then turn southward to approach your ship.

Docking Bay L-37
    The Otana is here. As you near, its ramp opens allowing entry. You're exhausted. Lerona is exhausted. There's a Besalisk sitting in the docking bay's southwest corner counting his credits. An astromech rolls around near him.

You consider speaking to your Ugnaught friends, but they're not here.

UPDATE
    Unlocked Locations: Home Base- The Scarlet Shadow (12% Explored) / Bespin- Tibanna Mine L-19 (28% Explored), Dargron Bazaar (9% Explored)
    Active Goals: Unlock Tibanna Mine L-20 (5 Points!) / Locate Dathis Kamiah (4 Points!) / Locate Wemex & Sugren (3 Points!)

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Ask the besalisk if he knows Dathis Kamiah.

21. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You and Lerona walk to the southwest corner. You're both extremely hungry. The Otana's ramp closes. Eyeing you with suspicion, the Besalisk puts away his credits. You noticed 7000 creds before he stashed them in his apron. The astromech, an R5 unit, rolls over to the Besalisk's side.

He moves his upper arms behind him, interlocking the hands against his neck. Seemingly comfortable, the Besalisk speaks. "Can I help you?" His voice sounds cynical to you, and his inferior arms are placed in his lap.

"Do you know Dathis Kamiah?" you inquire. The droid beeps loudly.

He rubs his bloated stomach with the eight digits on his inferior hands. "Kamiah? That gemdiver? Yeah, I know 'im. What's it to ya?" His wattle inflates ever so slightly.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >inspect R5 (is it the same one from the pilot's perch?)
    >Tell Besalisk that Dathis is a friend of ours.

23. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You inspect the droid. {Recognition=3} It's an R5-series astromech, colored yellow and red. The head swivels to examine you. It looks identical to the droid you encountered earlier, but it doesn't appear to recognize you.

"Dathis is a friend of ours," you tell the Besalisk plainly. Lerona sits with her back against the southern wall of the bay. The R5 unit rolls over to her.

Stroking his three-pronged headcrest, the Besalisk gives you a confused look. "Okay," he says, unsure of what you want. "You gemdivers too?"

You're feeling a bit lightheaded. (HIT POINTS: 3 out of 5) Hunger and exhaustion are affecting your health stats. The droid scans Lerona.

24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > "Urmm.. Yes. Yes we are gemdivers too. What do you do? Looks like you have been very successful".
    > Nod to his credits in his apron.

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    How much money do we have left?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.