main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Lerona flops on the crude couch while you watch the 'smuggler'.

He walks by you, pays no attention to the Nikto, and disappears into the northwest hallway. The flimsi-reading Nikto didn't even acknowledge him. You take a knee and fight against your heavy eyelids.

The Kubazian and his droid enter the dilapidated inn and flank the lobby's door.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    >Follow smuggler

3. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    The Kubazian and protocol droid converse as you approach the lobby's northwest corner. Still flanking the entrance, they seem to be waiting for someone to arrive. Lerona stays behind, for she is asleep on the hideous couch.

You turn right into the corridor. Up ahead, the 'smuggler' enters a room on the left. He didn't seem to notice you following. Once you arrive at the room, you stop and read the slightly ajar door. It reads '1E'.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >turn on shield
    >sneak inside and shoot smuggler with ion blaster.

5. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You activate the shield generator attached to your utility belt. It thrums instantly, creating a protective barrier around your form. The spherical bubble glows cyan. (Defense Points: TEN out of 10) {Insight improves to +3} Standing in front of room 1E, you experience strong lightheadedness that causes your body to sway. {Perception drops to +4} {Endurance drops below average to -1}

{Stealth = +4} Sneaking inside proves easy. You push the already ajar door slowly, until you see the man using a fresher. Laserfire can be heard from the lobby as you enter the room uninvited.

Room 1E
    You position yourself behind the male Human and shoot him with your ion blaster. The surge of ionized particles is enough to stun the 'smuggler' and he falls to the dingy floor. (Alignment drops two spots to +6, light side) Your shield is affected by the electromagnetic pulse as well. (Defense Points: 8 out of 10) 'Huh?' you think. The Human seems to be wearing the leather bomber jacket you sold earlier.

A female voice comes from behind you. "Hold it right there." Rather than spin around, you get your first sense of the atrocious room. It's dirty... really dirty. The only features are a malfunctioning fresher, a simple closet, and a lumpy mattress. There's no window and no temperature controls. "Get your hands up." She continues. "You and your friends came to my kiosk asking about a droid I bought from Ugnaughts. Well now it's gone, and I'm guessing you know something about it."

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    >turn off shield and lower ion blaster.
    >say "Oh come on, I'm too tired for this. Does it look like I have that droid? Which by the way IS MINE! Yeah, I'm afraid you bought stolen property. When I catch up with those two ugnaughts again they will be sorry. As for where the droid is now, I have no idea. This place has a serious problem with thieves, so you probably got robbed by one of those jawas while you weren't looking. The horrible creatures ran off with my food too. This place has even forced me to mug this guy here just to get enough money to sleep in this dump of an inn."

7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello there everyone! :)

The continuation is coming soon. :D

Please stay safe. [face_peace]

8. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You switch off the shield generator attached to your utility belt. The thrumming stops and your barrier disappears. (Defense Points: ZERO out of 10) Lowering your ion blaster, you experience lightheadedness again. This time the sensation is slight.

"I said... get your hands up!" The girl sounds agitated and impatient.

"Oh come on," you say, "I'm too tired for this." Standing in Room 1E with your back to the woman, you're unable to read her facial expression. You wonder how she processes your outburst. "Does it look like I have that droid? Which by the way is MINE!"

"And I'm a Corellian senator!" the female voice states dryly. "You're lying." Now you feel a blaster nozzle push against your back.

"Yeah," you add, "I'm afraid you bought stolen property. When I catch up with those two Ugnaughts again, they will be sorry."

"So the Ugnaughts have the droid. Where are they?" she asks.

"As for where the droid is now, I have no idea," you answer truthfully. "This place has a serious problem with thieves, so you probably got robbed by one of those Jawas while you weren't looking. The horrible creatures ran off with my food too."

"Jawas wouldn't dare steal from me," she explains plainly. The Human wearing your leather bomber jacket starts to regain consciousness. "Perhaps your 'friend' here can tell me more."

You offer more honesty. "This place has even forced me to mug this guy here just to get enough money to sleep in this dump of an inn." Additional laserfire can be heard coming from the lobby.

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    @Blue Ice Cream Wow, welcome back! :)

I have to say I don't know what we should do now. We are exhausted, broke, and apparently in trouble with three different people/group. 1: a victim of our interrupted mugging, who probably won't be best pleased with us once he fully comes to. 2: A victim of buying our stolen goods, that thinks we stole from her instead, who has a gun pointed at our back. 3: The Kubazian and droid in the lobby presumably firing at whoever they were waiting for before, with Lerona probably caught in the middle of it (or is she so tired that she can just sleep through it unaware? I-)[face_laugh]).

Okay, I think maybe we should...

>Slowly kneel down.
    >Wait for smuggler to get up, and let shop owner speak to him.
    >Say to shop owner "Did you see what is going on with all that shooting back there? My real friend is still out there."

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Thank you Snoke. :) Good to see you! How's it goin?
    Lerona's destiny lies along a different path from yours. :D
    With the shop owner's blaster pressed against your back, you cooperate by kneeling... slowly.

"That's a good girl," she says from behind you. "Now where are those Ugnaughts?"

The Human wearing your leather bomber jacket comes to. He sits up, holding his forehead. "What happened?" he asks no one in particular.

You hear the female respond. "This wanted thief stunned you with an ion blaster."

He stands, adjusting your jacket. "Is that so?" Looking you over, the Human rubs his neck. He turns his attention to the woman. "And who might you be?"

Before she can answer, you cut in on the conversation. "Did you see what is going on with all that shooting back there? My real friend is still out there." (Alignment: Light Side +7) She pushes the blaster nozzle with more force.

"I don't care." Her reply is delivered icily.

To all the game enthusiasts out there,
    "We would be honored if you would join us."

:vader:

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I am ok thanks @Blue Ice Cream . Maybe it would be worth tagging some of the others that have participated in this story? I feel bad that it is only me making decisions, and I am not on the boards quite as much as I used to.

>Say to the shop owner "How rude!"

>Apologise to the smuggler and tell him our name and all about what has been happening to us (and the shop woman) since we landed on this platform.

>Ask him if whatever is going on out in the lobby could be anything to do with him?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    @Blackhole E Snoke Thanks for sticking with it. :) Sorry no one else is participating, but it's fine for now. I suppose we'll start the next adventure if nobody joins us.
    "How rude!" you say in response to her icy indifference. She pushes the blaster against your back with more force. Still kneeling, you hear additional chaos from the lobby.

"You'd better just tell me where those Ugnaughts are hiding," the shop owner advises. Turning her attention back to the smuggler, she answers him. "I run a simple kiosk here at Main Strip A." She squints. "And you are?"

Before he can reply, you cut in once again. "Sorry. I'm Aeryn." Then, you proceed to summarize your adventures since coming to Dargron. With arms folded, he lets you continue. "Could it be that all the racket from the lobby has to do with YOU?"

He laughs boisterously. "Neither of you need to know my name. All you need to know is that gemdiving is a lucrative hobby. You wouldn't happen to know a Besalisk named Dathis, would you?"

To all the game enthusiasts out there,
    "We would be honored if you would join us."

:vader:
    Requirements: Your Imagination :)

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Whenever you guy’s start up a new game I’ll join just tag me

Blue Ice Cream likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    >"Yeah, I've met him. Why?"

15. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey there! :) Welcome aboard. Sure, we'll tag ya, but you don't have to wait for the next adventure. You can post text commands at any time. In this particular game, all participants share the playable character known as Aeryn. However, there are ways to take control of other characters. If this installment picks up, we'll continue. Otherwise, a new adventure is ready to go.
    Kneeling on the grimy floor, you feel your legs begin to ache. You're exhausted, and your body yearns for slumber. "Yeah, I've met him," you sputter out. "Why?" The chaotic noise from the lobby suddenly stops. Now the inn is quiet.

"Well, he claims to be a gemdiver," the mystery smuggler explains, "but he most certainly is NOT."

No longer holding the blaster to your back, the female kiosk owner struts over to the man. "Okay, okay... when did this conversation become about you? I want my droid. This Aeryn knows where the Ugnaughts are! Help me get it out of her and I'll make it lucrative for you."

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay! Great I’ll be sure to read and will join tomorrow or should I say later today

17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > *frustrated rant* "You know what? I'm sick of this. I swear by all that's holy, I have no idea where those damn Ugnaughts went! They ditched me! And I am so glad I knew Davin was a fraud and didn't fall for his schtick....Oh wait, that's not true! I had no clue, and I did fall for his shtick, and I got shafted! Not to mention that I've been hired to do a job, and I'm barely any closer to getting it done than I was when I started, because I have been constantly thwarted by one thing or another at every frelling turn! I have been shafted so many times just today, I've lost count, and all the people who shafted me can just go to Hell, because I am done! I'm tired, and I'm hungry, and I am straight up running out of kriffs to give about any damn thing whatsoever!"

18. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Attention! Aliens of all species, creatures from every planet, and unappreciated droids - may we now present...
    The Frustrated Rant
    You proceed to rant out of intense frustration. "You know what? I'm sick of this. I swear by all that's holy, I have no idea where those damn Ugnaughts went! They ditched me! And I am so glad I knew Davin was a fraud and didn't fall for his schtick...."

The mysterious smuggler, whose name escapes you, interrupts. "It's Dathis." He gives you an amused look, and sports a half-smile.

"Oh wait," you continue, "that's not true! I had no clue, and I did fall for his shtick, and I got shafted! Not to mention that I've been hired to do a job, and I'm barely any closer to getting it done than I was when I started, because I have been constantly thwarted by one thing or another at every frelling turn!"

"All right, all right... calm down!" the female kiosk owner says. She holsters the blaster and approaches with her hands gesturing you to relax. "Watch the language!"

"I have been shafted so many times just today, I've lost count, and all the people who shafted me can just go to Hell, because I am done!"

Your two companions exclaim "Whoa!" in unison.

"I'm tired, and I'm hungry, and I am straight up running out of kriffs to give about any damn thing whatsoever!" You're done ranting.

Then, as if on cue, the flimsiplast-reading Nikto from the lobby enters the room. "That'll be thirty credits per customer." He's obviously focused on you, and reaches his hand out for payment. "Don't forget the extra thirty for your Duros friend in the lobby there."

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Can the transaction bonuses be used when buying services as well? Because if that's the case now would be a good time to use the Bulk Buyer bonus.

20. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    They most certainly can. :) Actually, you just happen to have exactly 30 credits. One use of 'Bulk Buyer' would pay for both you and Lerona. Here's an inventory update for further reference:

Inventory
    Aeryn
    - blunt knife, thermal detonator, bacta capsule, white datacard, ion blaster, 30 credits
    {Apparel}=short heeled nerfherder boots [forest green] (yellow gem in your left boot's hidden pocket), torn R'rayne Gehlor pants [black], natural nerfhide gloves with attached chronometer, shirt [pale blue], appropriate undergarments
    {Utility Belt}=hydrospanner, shield generator (being worn, deactivated)
    {Pilot's Backpack}=pilot's scarf, gray shirt, dull red shirt + dark green t-shirt, brown t-shirt + green long sleeve shirt, black long sleeve shirt + blue satin shirt, yellow satin shirt + two sets of appropriate undergarments, four pairs of socks, tan snow jacket

Lerona-
    {Apparel}=dull orange shirt, brown boots, black pants with orange stripe, appropriate undergarments
    {Utility Belt}=hydrospanner
    {Blue Backpack}=orange parka, silver Javen's Jacket (light armor), thermal winter gloves (brown), thermal winter gloves with attached chronometer (gray), fuzzy dice, leather pants (2 pairs)

The Otana- datapad, helmet, thermal detonator in locker, empty crate, container (three treaded wheels, empty jar)

Plus, you have three transaction bonuses:
    1. The Negotiator (Purchase an item for half-price. THREE uses.)
    2. The Thrifty One (Sell an item for double the price. TWO uses.)
    3. Bulk Buyer (Buy two items for the price of one. TWO uses.)

Would you like to use one 'Bulk Buyer Bonus'?

OOC: By the way, clever strategy Cowgirl. :)

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    > use one Bulk Buyer bonus.

OOC: we still owe for parking, and desperately need cash. But there is no way in the Nine Hells that we are gonna sell that crystal. Methinks it is very important.

22. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    You pay the boring Nikto with your last 30 credits. This secures six hours for both you and Lerona. He turns to the odd smuggler and holds out his hand for payment.

"Never mind me," your brash acquaintance tells the innkeeper. "You see," he explains while turning to face the female shop owner, "I think I can help you with those Ugnaughts." He shoots her a sly grin. "So... we'll head out and find your droid while 'Little Miss Rant' here gets her precious sleep."

"You gotta be kidding me!" she exclaims. "This thief KNOWS where they are!" The annoyed kiosk owner rolls her eyes while placing both fists upon her hips.

"No... I don't think so," the sly smuggler reveals. "I have a keen eye for this sort of thing." His half-smile returns. Now pointing a finger at you, he goes on. "Of course, you'll owe me a favor when we get back. Nothing to be done about that."

Sighing, the impatient Nikto speaks up. "Look, is anyone else going to pay me?" Your two 'friends' look at each other, share a sour expression, and leave Room 1E. "Fine!" the Nikto voices. "Enjoy your stay." He leaves you as well, reading his flimsiplast before he's through the door.

Amazed at this unexpected turn of events, you realize that you never learned anyone's name. Oh well. You stare at the lumpy mattress before you.

OOC: Good call about the crystal. :) At least you have tons of clothing to sell!

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    >Get Lerona from the lobby and go back to the room to get some much needed rest.

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Wanting to fall to the floor right where you stand, you decide to leave Room 1E instead. Considering she's the only decent friend you've made on this trip, you refuse to forget Lerona Zholt. (Light Side Alignment = +9)

Dargron Inn - Northwest Hallway
    With your eyelids heavy, you follow the corridor back to the lobby.

Dargron Inn - Lobby
    You're standing in the 'lobby' of the one-floor inn. Lerona is no longer sleeping on the collapsed sofa. In fact, there's no sign of her at all. The annoying Nikto has fallen asleep at his desk. Head on the flimsiplast, he snores. The other four hallways appear scorched, probably due to some intense firefight. Smoke still rises from blaster holes on the walls of the northeast corridor. Chunks of clay wall litter the floor. Pipes continue to drip coolant and you notice far more sparking wires.

Dargron Inn
    - Northwest Hallway
    You head back.

Dargron Inn - Room 1E
    Ignoring the wide open door, you enter the hideous room. Curiously, your Durosian companion, Lerona, is curled up on the lumpy mattress. She's in deep slumber. Oh well, you were never going to make contact with that mattress anyway. Beyond exhausted, you flop awkwardly to the hard floor. There, halfway between the mattress and open door, you sleep.

25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    > Have a dream that feels strangely real and possibly prophetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.