main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Official "The Bad Batch" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean the Bad Batch got a really good reception hence why they are getting a series. So it's gonna have a big audience.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Personally id rather they told that story in live-action. they have a way to bring Ray Park Back as Maul, so why would you waste that cool factor? they already closed off a potential live-action rematch off with Obi Wan. what a waste it would be to be in a hurry to end crimson dawn.. especially after that was first teased in Solo.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    cwustudent likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I was literally waiting for your reaction [face_laugh]

Not trying to be a jerk or anything I just remember you hated the Bad Batch arc a lot lol

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    God, there's gonna be a bunch of episodes where DBB is the only credited actor lol.

revan772, cwustudent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is true.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Has potential to be interesting. I kind of wish this was a show about more then just the Bad Batch and we got a Tales of Clone Wars or something where it's an anthology with various characters appearing in individual standalone episodes some maybe getting more than one episode dealing with the aftermath of the Clone Wars. I imagine there will be a supporting cast also to join the team or meet them since it'd be weird to hinge an entire show on one voice actor playing your leads even though Dee Bradley Baker is a great voice actor don't get me wrong but he'll need others to support him throughout the show.

I wasn't a big Resistance fan at all ultimately but I'm sure the people that were involved in it that are involved in this have the potential to make a better series here since the material will probably be better to work with. Then again Resistance could have had potential it's just they kind of wasted the idea.

Hope other Clones we didn't get closure to will be featured and other characters.

BRE likes this.
  7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Meh. I didn't mind the Bad Batch arc in season 7, but they don't need their own show. I probably won't watch.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love this, i knew the kessel guys were speaking the truth. more clones, with Rex coming in the mix.

Tidbits from the Kessel Run podcast:
    - Ahsoka and Rex will appear in the series in a small capacity at first. Rex is looking for clones.
    - Cody and Wolffe will come back.
    - It will be clones heavy (meaning more than just the Bad Batch) dealing about the traumatic events of Order 66 for the clones.
    - No Separatists, Vader or Jedi survivors info so far.

9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I could see the show explaining when the clones were replaced with Storm troopers.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

BRE likes this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So I read they aren’t going to be Imperials.

I’m hoping they still had chips when order 66 was announced.

But perhaps they were not able to receive the transmission of order 66 because at the time they were stuck in a place where they couldn’t get communication from the Republic.

I also bet this series will start with the Empire still using Republic tech. They seemed to have abandoned most Republic equipment by the time of Fallen Order. But that game is 5 years post RoTS, I bet this series is set far closer to RoTS.

I’m sure we will see some Inquisitor vs Jedi action. Not all episodes have to be about the clones. This series should show what happen Quintan Vos. We know he survived order 66.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    with bad batch there were probaly no jedi in sight.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Okay based on that information, maybe I would watch this.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Exactly my thoughts on this as well.

Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    Called this out on twitter and Reddit when people where angry on the last season of Clone Wars. I said Disney + needs content, the clone wars is a huge draw and animation is cheaper then live action. They will make more clone wars.

Glad to see this is coming out

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Siege of Mandalore got a really good reception. Most fans generally shrugged at the lackluster and cliched Bad Batch arc. But maybe they’ll do something cool with it.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I imagine the pilot episode/ arc (if they'll even bother with those anymore) will be about the order 66 aftermath and the Bad Batch being pressed into Imperial Service.

However because we can't have our 'heroes' working for the 'bad guys' they'll either refuse or instantly see that the empire isn't who they should be serving, so they'll go AWOL and thus begins the story of the Bad Batch.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's not what I saw. Can you speak for ALL fans ? I can only speak for what I saw which defiantly wasn't all fans.

I also know for myself i quite enjoyed the Bad Batch Arc, so clearly you can't make a judgment call either just like I can.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2020
    revan772, Seerow and Darkslayer like this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the Bad Batch gives them a team of characters to coalesce the series around but hopefully it’ll be more than them just running around the galaxy doing odd jobs. We haven’t really seen the Empire’s early days so that should be interesting. And to see the clones trying to adjust and find their way in a galaxy that no longer needs them could be quite powerful.

21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

revan772 and Darkslayer like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Seeing a lot of Resistance Writers on the team. Probably a good fit to give more quirky characters and giving them a bit more depth and roundness to them.

24. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I’m really excited to see how the clones reacted to the fall of the republic and what happened to clones like Echo and Cody after Order 66.I guess this show explains why they made the bad bat h arc in season 7 rather than putting a differant arc into it.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It sounds like I may be more enthused about the show's prospects than you for the time being, Mr. Mullet.

But this portion of your comments really hits the mark, I think. It's certainly the angle with the most appeal for me.

Bor Mullet and Darthur C. Clarke like this.