main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's the occasional ANH-era clone still in the Imperial forces - I'd speculate that those were still babies when production ended shortly after ROTS.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Is anyone else imagining a Cody\Delta Squad vs Rex/Bad Batch showdown?

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Because of the way the production pipeline works in animation this probably got pitched in 2018 so they were still 2 years out from the first episodes of S7 airing.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That's very true, but if the Bad Batch arc had gotten really unimpressive numbers that probably wouldn't have helped

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Not only is Kevin Kiner back for the score, but he's already recorded music for the series, so that suggests how far along production is already; they're not only just starting it if music's already been made.

6. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't see how anyone could complain about this when, one, it's not out yet and two, this definitely isn't the only animated show that they are working on. This show existing doesn't diminish the chance of them making something you want.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The kessel guys says that the Rebel series is moslty done and this bad batch is underway, and takes first place because of clone wars hype. So i could see them both coming in 2021, one in feb after mando season 2 is done. then a few weeks and this one comes and after this is done, a few weeks and the rebel sequel.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That isn't necessarily a given- CGCG did half of the original TCW epsiodes under both the original and updated models, as well as much of Rebels and Resistance. They could support a number of different styles- and, one assumes, Bad Batch would aim to have its own, distinct style.

I never suggested that argument- I was only showing that it isn't a continuity error.

Thrawn was outplayed, yes. But I wasn't talking about Thrawn. Vader's proxies are not held to the same standard as Vader himself (Kanan was able to defeat the Inquisitor, for instance, whereas he couldn't hold his own against Vader). Clearly, Vader's minions fail him all the time. And we know from the novels that Vader was particularly critical/questioning of Thrawn around that time to begin with.

I am not deeply versed in LOTR beyond watching the films, but I believe the difference there is that Sauron is an entity that directly influences, corrupts and controls others (or does so through an intermediary device such as the rings of power) and allows his Eye's attention to be drawn to the Black Gate (so, he himself is directly tricked). So, the failure of any of his minions (or, rather, any he's directly controlling/influencing, like the Mouth or the Ring Wraiths) is on his shoulders (er, uh, eye lids?).

Compared to Vader, who does not directly puppet any of his soldiers, servants or symbols (outside of an occasional momentary use of a Mind Trick) and, thus, can't be held as responsible for when they fail of their own accord.

None of whom could have provided the needed infrastructure to locate, coordinate and launch the Exegol assault. The Colossus was barely keeping ahead of a single RSD and, as a mostly civilian platform, was trying to stay out of the fight. They'd have contributed to a citizen's fleet, sure, but they wouldn't be the rally point or frontline.

Kylo wouldn't have been aware of them as of the Battle of Crait. The First Order wanted the Colossus primarily as a resource to deny to their enemies, not because it was seen as a significant, ongoing threat.

Kylo got the Supreme Leader title before Crait. His defeat there had no role in his acquisition of it.

By contrast, Palpatine's original Naboo plan was defeated but his Plan B got him what he wanted anyways. So he, unlike Kylo, still won because Palpy outplayed everybody else by having that backup plan. Kylo didn't have a backup plan for the Resistance escaping from Crait after he fell for Luke's trick.

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I know that it's something that I want.

I really like the Bad Batch and I really want to see the "early Empire." That said, I hope that we see a multi-POV series instead of just the Bad Batch. That's one of the things that made TCW great; that it was flexible enough to deviate from the main cast for other characters.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Considering it's called "The Bad Batch" and not like "Dark Times" I don't think it's gonna be a anthology story and more linear like Rebels and Resistance.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You've been here long enough to know better. [face_devil]

AusStig, Wrinty and InterestingLurker like this.
  12. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm aware, but that doesn't mean that they can't occasionally have a different arc here and there that's more focused on other characters and I suspect that the "Bad Batch" will focus on other characters as well and that that group will only grow as time goes on, but we'll see.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    it be clone heavy seres that deals with the clone after the clone wars. bad batch will serve as the main ones. I think it will work like Clone wars and rebels. have this main group doing mercenay jobs but also see other clones like Cody, Rex, Gregor and Wolf.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again Star Wars fan DO NOT KNOW how to play the long game.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Which also allows for..... losses.[face_skull]

16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    That could work.

I would imagine that it'll probably be darker than The Clone Wars, even though that's kind of a cliche prediction to make at this point. It'll probably be about the dying off of the Clones, or at least touch on those topics. Other than that, I suspect that it has a lot of potential if they go your route.

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I am cautiously interested in this.
    I don't think I'll ever be happy Ahsoka and Ezra survived Rebels, but a series that follows Clones in the aftermath of Order 66 has potential. If we're doing Clone Counseling maybe we can expand the list of Jedi who died in it.

The great burden of the Dark Times for me has always been that most of the Jedi are supposed to be dead but expansive stories with lightsaber duels depend on Jedi survivors to engage with Vader and his minions. It gets to the point where the list of known survivors is double or triple that of the list of known victims, which in my mind at least makes the Order a joke.

If we get the clone point of view maybe we can get some flashbacks to them cutting down their generals, and make Order 66 seem more intimidating.

It could also be interesting to see how the various Clones respond to the aftermath of the event. We know Rex ends up with Wolfe and Gregor, but if Cody and others are coming back it could create some interesting tensions. When Rex did mention Cody in Rebels it gave me the impression he had some guilt over his inability to save more. It's quite possible they had a falling out at some point. I also hope we get more information about what the Bad Batch, Wolf and Gregor were doing and thinking
    during
    Order 66.

Gregor may still be MIA, though its possible he found his way back to the 212th before the end of the war.
    Wolf was likely serving on the ground on Cato Nemodia when Captain Jag executed Plo Koon. Maybe he directed Sidious's message to the Clone Pilots which might explain his distrust of the Jedi in Rebels. The Bad Batch were surely active as well, but we don't know if they had any Jedi near them at the time. This could be an sneaky excuse to finish the Kashhyyk arc as an opener for this new series. But if Luminara and Quinlen Vos were still serving there in canon as in Legends (Luminara was in the film so that should be a yes), the Bad Batch may have been involved in hunting them at some point.

Vialco likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that helps too [face_devil]

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    One thing i want from this series that am like what legends did, clone rebellion. I like to have clones who has been betrayed and passed on by the empire to start an early rebelliion. lets say this goes for 5-6 seasons like clone wars did before it's fina season came. It shows us what happens to the clones and how little the empire cares for them. It slolwy be building up to a conflict between the old guard and the new ones. Maybe Cody leads it, but Rex tries to save them and dosebn't want another war. This show could end five years into the empire's era with most of the clones retired or killed off after a failed early rebellion.

20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I can definitely see Cody appearing in the series as soon as the first episode. We know from TCW that he has worked with them several times and they're often the ones he calls when he has a mission for them.

I imagine the first episode will begin with the BB having just finished a random mission in the outer rim and are called to rendezvous with Cody. Cody tells them that the Jedi are traitors and clone force 99 are now imperial commandos. Their first mission; to assist Cody in with the order he himself failed to carry out recently on Utapau; hunt down and execute Obi Wan Kenobi. Cue title card!

21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Yeah make this a very short 2 season thing where the Bad Batch locate Kenobi and hunt him down in the series finale. The series premiere of the Obi-Wan show begins with him wiping them out.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    As someone who read all of Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, and the Silmarillion, that' s not how Sauron's connection with the Mouth of Sauron works. The Mouth is a man who works for Sauron (clarified in the book itself, he's a human man). Sauron doesn't telepathically control him directly. I find it very strange you didn't even read the books apparently and even then still try to say that the Thrawn/Vader Mouth/Sauron situation isn't comparable.

Daneira likes this.
  23. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    As someone who also read blah blah blah, I have an objection here: since the Mouth of Sauron had his life prolonged to thousands of years, and it is established that doing this is unnatural for Men, butter spread over too much bread and all, I think his free will had almost completely disappeared by that point and that he was not much more than a puppet of Sauron (corroborated also by the fact that he had forgotten his name and identified as the Mouth of Sauron; and also by his strange appearance).

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Disagree. Look at the text. None of the dwarves who held the rings or Bilbo himself (all who also had their lifespans unnaturally lengthened) even at their lowest were ever a direct puppet of Sauron. If it were that simple, Bilbo and Thrain would have immediately taken the rings they held to him as soon as they put it on.

25. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Dwarves ≠ Men. "The Dwarves indeed proved tough and hard to tame; they ill endure the domination of others, and the thoughts of their hearts are hard to fathom, nor can they be turned to shadows." (Silmarillion)

Also to some degree Hobbits ≠ Men. "Soft as butter they can be, and yet sometimes tough as old tree-roots. I think it likely that some would resist the Rings far longer than most of the Wise would believe. I don't think you need worry about Bilbo." (FOTR)