main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, 6-7 months ago if you count that as “recent” but yes. I’d say that TAS had a consistently higher level of quality episode to episode than Bad Batch (or really any LFL animated series).

Some of the Crosshair episodes from last season and episode 3 of this season are really good, but I don’t think there’s much of a comparison. I think TAS earned it’s praise.

Ghost and AusStig like this.
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Do people think
    The boss trando will show up again? he isn't dead.

Also the BB are racists right? I mean the stun clones but happily go kill crazy on the trandos, when both are doing the same thing.

I also found it funny the trandos didn't just use their flame tanks much. And that they seem to have just swapped roles with the end of the war.

HMTE likes this.
  3. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    I don't know. I think there is a lot of difference between shooting slavers who are burning landscapes and terrorizing a population of their own free will and clones who are sort of brainwashed and indoctrinated against their will. The Trandoshans (the bad ones we see at least) always struck me as rather opportunistic outside of their rivalry with the Wookiees. So them siding with the Empire after the CIS imploded always made sense since they're not motivated by political ideology so much as by getting their own way.

I enjoyed this episode. I liked the design of the smuggler droids and the space station they were on. I liked the character interactions between the Bad Batch and Gungi. At first he's naturally suspicious, but its overcome quickly and in an understandable manner. I liked seeing a bit of Wookiee ritual culture with them praying to the trees. And it was nice seeing Gungi sort of hesitating to see what to do before going along with the prayer. He might want to return to his people, but the kid's still a Jedi. So he's sort of unsure of what he should be doing.

Slater and Dream-Thinker like this.
  4. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    I deeply fear for the rest of the Jedi younglings from that Clone Wars arc.

Ghost and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yet the Wookies also attack the Trandos and the wookies have a monopoly on political power of the system in the Republic.

Are the droids more sympathetic then clones then?

I mean I could see the Empire asking for help/supporting the trandos aganist the wookies, I just find it funny.

I also wonder how sid will react to this? She is a trando. I could see her blowing it off or it being a big deal for her (I expect the former, but would love the latter).

Why?

the dead don't suffer[face_skull]

6. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Trandos are not very kind to their own siblings (Bossk's ones can confirm), highly unlikely that TBB killing total strangers will bother Sid.

Slater likes this.
  7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    as I said I expect her to just blow it off.

But it could be a thing, I mean the BB killed her people to help wookies and it would give her a good reason to betray the bad batch.

8. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IMO, more likely that TBB's inability to turn a blind eye to amoral actions of criminals like Axis will be a reason for Cid to decide that they are not reliable workers.

Ghost likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Ok nice episode, but I expected way more from it, so kinda bummer. Still glad some stuff finally saw the light of day!

Upon seeing that space station my initial thought was HAPAN BATTLE DRAGON!!!
    Sadly nope... but that shape is uncanny and it is the only association we have to it in SW. Give me some Hapans finally!!!

I am glad Gungi survived and is back. We know already that the rest of the Younglings must have had some contact with Hondo thx to Rebels and him naming his ship the Katooni. If they are alive, nobody knows but I had hoped for at least a hint to their fate.

Kashyyyk in yet another timeframe is interesting yet was totally wasted. Not literally yet but in the sense of there is so much you can show or do or tie into (Quinlan Vos, Fallen Order, Rebels, TFU, Holiday Special etc.) but nope just generic jungle floor instead of high altitude villages. Meh... terrible. Bonus point for utilizing the spiders though and bringing finally on screen the giant Monkey rides. But lacking the explanation as to what they are and how the Wookiees relate to them as TCW intended to explore sadly in cut 3 episode Wookiee spiritual arc with Master Yoda. Bonus point for mentioning the trees and the Wookiee spirituality with them, but even this did not go as far as it could and should have.

All in all, the clones pledging to help the Wookiees is great. But that it was a one episode only help and then leaving them to their fate sucks. Trandoshans live next door and will return, so will the Empire. Hence this being a one episode only story is criminal!

The episode felt like throwing out overdue stuff and leave it be instead of exploring it in full. More clones do battle and dig firetrenches than truly focus on Wookiees, spirituality and else. A clear sign of misunderstanding the original arc concept this kinda is a short summary for merely at best.

Could have been great but as with all of Bad Batch S1 and 2 so far... boring with a glitter of cool namedrops and references.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    How many other cases have we seen of a Jedi Padawan permanantly returning to their family? The only one I can think of is Zayne Carrick, and at that point he was already more or less an adult and living on his own. He also knew his original family better than most Prequel-era Padawans.

11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That was part of the time as well, before the great Sith War, jedi could have families no issues (depending on the master).

Just padawans? Dooku did go back to his family, but he was a master.

12. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Bad Batch should have been a Clone Wars style Anothology focused on the Clones as whole.

13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well we will see where it is going soon enough... maybe the clones will be breaking bad and form a Clone Gotra.

14. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Okay...

Boom!

Bye Bye Rampart. Nice not knowing you, not.

I wonder...did Cody end up being mind wiped by whatever the assassin did? Or did Rex get him free? Hope we see him again soon.

Great to see Chuchi again, though I do wonder where she was during ROTS. Was Chi Eekway Papanoida her junior senator and she the senior? Or did she come back to replace Chi after the events of the film?

Pamlo, who was the Rogue One senator I most enjoyed, glad to see her. I wonder what happened to Kin Robb.

Banking Clan and Commerce Guild still have representation. Led by an Ishi Tib (did Gume Saam switch to the Banking Clan after events on Scipio or something) and a Gossam (makes sense with the CG was led by a Gossam).

Glad to see Halle Burtoni, much to my surprise. So she was disgraced (obviously by Rampart's actions) but remains on Coruscant. And when Omega called her out for supposedly not caring about Kamino, you could tell the arrogant Kaminoan did care. It was her home. Home is always important to anyone, even the most cold-hearted. I wonder if she ends up a surprise ally to Bail Organa and Mon Mothma's networks.

Bail is gathering allies at least. That's a good thing. Chuchi and Pamlo are clearly the first. I saw Aqualish (Gorothin Vagger?), Arcona, Gotal, Bith, a human male with a white streak in his hair, a Lothal-dressed woman and maybe a Red Nikto among the Senate scenes so nice to see them using the assorted models they've made over the years. Perhaps I shall name them one day. I'll deal with the films first.

Palpatine's appearance and the way he spoke. Even I felt persuaded by his words and I know he's a villain. The clones' inability to disobey orders clearly worked against them. But I don't think they'll be permanently gone. At least he got rid of Rampart. He was expendable and I doubt Mas Amedda really did like him (Tarkin saw him as useful but I doubt it was beyond that).

Echo saying goodbye. We knew it was coming. And Echo was clearly heading that way. But this is where he should be, helping Rex and the Marteez sisters. Maybe help in the Path. Hope we see him again.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    These two episodes were such good. Loved them both.

Nom von Anor, Ghost, Slater and 2 others like this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I love democracy.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love the EMPIRE.

AusStig and JediFett10 like this.
  18. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    Palpatine's speech was brilliant. He effortlessly makes an act of Imperial genocide look like a rogue operation that is, in part, the byproduct of the clone's supposed inability to disobey Rampart's orders. And he uses that supposed threat to security to advocate for the creation of the official Imperial Stormtroopers. That was some master class spin doctoring.

19. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I want compear the models of Halle Burtoni from Bad Batch vs Clone Wars

20. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Well, that's what makes him so dangerous, right? He's a manipulator. He knows how to turn the situation around on a dime (as we saw here and in The Phantom Menace), which is something that a lot of people, real or fictional, can't do.

He knows that Rampart is, as Burtoni said, a cog in the machine. He can lose that piece, especially if he can also push his stormtrooper agenda at the same time.

He's not just an evil space wizard. He's a smart evil space wizard.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  21. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Palpatine: The clones ability to follow awful orders without question is disturbing. That is why we need stormtroopers - definitely won't be any atrocities committed by stormtroopers in the future, that I guarantee. *winks repeatedly*

While I don't doubt everyone is ultimately disposable, I do wonder if Rampart is really going to punished, or just quietly shuffled off to run some top secret poodoo, like whatever group this assassin was part of, or the Wayland facility.

Cool to see Rex's network grow...though there is also a feeling of great dread knowing that the rebellion proper won't even get started for over a decade yet and that Rex does end up with just two other clones living on some backwater, fishing worms for a living.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So the episode guides for season 2 have finally dropped. And though some of us theorized those crabs in the first episode might have been vonduun crabs, sadly they are merely aggrocrabs.

23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    This double episode was epic and how they should do it more often!!! Perrrrrfect.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

Ghost likes this.
  24. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    This was the best arc of The Clone Wars in a while.

I don’t mean that to be catty or to throw shade, by the way. TCW always had fun political arcs and fun Clone personality arcs; this was a blend of both worlds.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow, these were an excellent duo.

Also they recast the Moffs' discussion about the Senate on the Death Star in ANH in an interesting light.