main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Sometimes on the nose is just the right spot.

Good question. Perhaps they could bring back Captain Bragg. Though like others in this thread, I do also wonder if Rampart is really gone or just quietly shuffled to a less public position. Like, it just seems a bit weird that it was made a point that Rampart found out that the Bad Batch was alive and covered it up if he doesn't end up doing anything with that knowledge.

...though..oh man, how funny it would it be if he hired them to break him out of jail?

Edit: Never going to happen, but I would love it if they brought in Admiral Screed as the new imperial officer villain.

I like the Bad Batch more than most hear....but I do have to admit, a Dark Times anthology continuation of the clone wars does sound really good. Some arcs focusing on surviving jedi, some on separatist holdouts, some imperial, some senate arcs, some about Rex and his early rebel/clone rights group. And even still having some bad batch, just less often. Ah, what fun that will be.

Sadly, the anthology format is under appreciated. Oh well.

Bit fast for that, isn't it? Even if they bring back the Spaati type cloning - which given Rex's comments about how strange the assassin was isn't totally impossible - that still takes about a year at least if I remember correctly, and Nala Se just got there a few months ago at most.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    So, is Chi Eekway still a senator?
    Maybe the Junior senator of Pantora?
    Her absence from these episodes was for more notable than in TCW since she appears in the supposedly canon Formation of the Rebellion deleted scenes from ROTS as a Senator so we can't just say she was appointed later now, cause her first canon appearance was in the past by this point.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Ryio Chuchi was away during ROTS and needed her junior senator.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  4. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    This is pretty hilarious:
    On twitter it was noticed that Tech's riot race appears on one of the tvs in the clone bar. That low profile may not last much longer.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Although there were a few slow episodes this season, so far I think it's more than made up for that with some truly epic moments. Both Episode 3 about Cody and Crosshair and Episode 8 about the clones' future were phenomenal. They answer major questions about the GFFA's history (stuff we inferred but didn't know the details), and also kept it at the character level so you have that emotional punch.

Palpatine's entrance was masterful. Once again, there's no way he can lose. The heroes ruin themselves by doing the right thing. And the poor clones are once again pawns in this whole ingenuious plot.

Echo's departure from the main group is interesting, and seems to either be setting up for Season 3 (which seems more likely) or the finale of this season (I suspect less likely, given he left so late in the season). It almost opens up the opportunity for Crosshair to rejoin the group, except that Omega seems to be taking on his role as sharpshooter. I suspect the "marksman" role is going ot be a source of contention among the two of them moving forward, unless Crosshair pulls some weird character flip and becomes her mentor (unlikely, given he has gone pretty dark lately... more like character foil to Omega's story). Echo leaving the group may give him more opportunities later on, because his character had been stalling with the Bad Batch.

Until these last couple of episodes I had been somewhat worried as to whether we'd have a Season 3, but the show has built up enough momentum to keep going. Tantiss and the future of the clones, as well as the future of Bad Batch, don't seem like something that can be resolved in a couple more episodes.

6. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Okay so:
    A cliffhanger for the Bad Batch. And we have to wait a week to meet the thief, get their ship back, and get off the planet. Huh. Quite the interesting one.

I'm glad throughout the episode they addressed Echo and how Omega feels about it. And I like how Tech, when he finally used words, just said that it is in the hands of Echo...and Crosshair to make their own decisions. Still found it hilarious he tried to blame Wrecker for not keeping an eye on the ship considering that it was out of eyesight of everyone. And clearly, Tech and the rest never considered someone could get into it.

Funny moment: Wrecker giving the thumbs up and collapsing after his water ride.

Very insulated "filler episode" (I use this term lightly considering the "filler eps" of Rebels actually set up storylines later down the line in that series) but clearly necessary in a way. Its a character episode, gives us more time with Tech and learning about him more. I love character episodes (which is why I like 20-22 episode long seasons for everything) because this makes you get to know the characters when the focus is on them and not usually the overall story.

I suppose one thing. If they lose the Marauder but gain another ship, they're moving away from the recognisable part of their existence and heading more into the unknown.

Barriss_Coffee and JediFett10 like this.
  7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The build and dress of the thief made me think it of Hondo. I'm probably wrong but did anyone else get that vibe?

Ghost, Jedi Ben and Golbolco like this.
  8. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    I got serious western vibes from this week's planet.

Ghost likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I got lion king vibes from this episode.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  10. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Yeah, that as well. It was like Fallout + The Lion King + a western.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  11. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Ok, who wants to bet
    That Phee is the one Cid sends to pick them up next episode?

SyndicThrass and JediFett10 like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Good ep, weirdly abrupt ending.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Once more, into the mines of Moria. The Tolkien estate is gonna sue if they don't come up with a more original setting.

Alpha-Red, QuinlanSolo and AusStig like this.
  14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    was a good breather ep.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I liked this episode. Good character development, even for Echo in some ways. Tech continues to dominant this season for some reason (which is fine, he is cool).

What's up with Hunter? He hasn't exactly had a moment to shine this season. He's the glue that keeps the group together, the "voice of reason" when things get difficult, but he hasn't done a lot on his own. It's more like he's along for the ride right now.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    lolwut? These mines were nothing like Moria. That's a stretch even for Abe Simpson.

Ghost likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The long shot of the deep shaft with the glowy stuff looked exactly like the veins of mithril in Moria. And the image of Omega and Tech falling past the stalactites and down into the underground lake was a straight copy of Gandalf and the balrog falling from the bridge of Khazad-dum.

18. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    All mines are Moria don't you know.

Though that does remind me:
    One of the few still unseen scenes from the trailer was the Bad Batch running into a bunch of miners in a tunnel, and initially I thought this would be connected to Dessix* because of the similar headwear, but thinking again the thief who took the Marauder also has that kind of look, and mines are a big part of this planet, and the thief had to come from somewhere...so I am thinking next episode we are going to find the residents of the town had been forced to live underground for some reason.

*Actually, I wonder if this could be Dessix, but just a different part of it? I doubt it, since unless everything in episode 3 happened to take place around sunset the very sky seems different, but that would be fun.

19. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Heh. When they entered the mine to shelter from the storm I said to myself "Oh, it's the Hobbit. Better check the cave for goblins." Then when the entrance collapsed I said "Oh wait. It's LOTR." :p

Sarge likes this.
  20. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Well, in episode 10
    mines look even more Hobbit and LOTR-like.

Also, with
    Techno Union seemingly treating miners rather fairly in the past, so far in this season it's 2:1 in CIS favor.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ep 10 [face_tired][face_sigh]I-)

JediFett10 likes this.
  22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think/hope this is a set up episode.

It may be set up for a split with Sid, though she said it would take 3 days and they get their ship back in one.

I think the Thief will come back in the future.

Otherwise was a fine follow up to the last ep explaining how they got their ship back.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    This episode and the giant llama robot episode were probably the two weakest of this season. IMO. The llama robot episode at least gets a win for the unpredictability of the robot tech. This mining episode was pretty predictable from start to finish, once we learn about the (somewhat annoying) thief's plight at the beginning.

Like all episodes this season, the background scenery is really quite lovely. The deserts to the intrustrial pit -- there were some very nice shots of the backgrounds, and the art has been steller.

Sarge and AusStig like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The return of the Zillobeast finally after 13 years of speculation. And a new main villain for the Bad Batch. Lama Su and Nala Sa return, hints at what Palpatinewants from this new cloning project.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  25. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    This most recent ep is how the season should have started. It's been badly meandering up until this point.

Ghost likes this.