main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    There’s five years between the BB episodes and lords of the sith a lot can happen In that time.

Jamie1001, Sarge and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    I actually didn't take that to be the chips causing it, I thought it was to show the usual tension that normally existed between the Regs and the Batch.

Like a reverse of there intro arc, where they were being dicks to the established "Regs" at the start. BB starts with the opposite, showing us how isolated and agitated the Batch is from the rest of there brothers when there around them.

Daneira likes this.
  3. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    My thoughts on the new episode.
    -Ruby's back! I love that strange-looking lizard. XD
    -Those bugs were terrifying, but were more so before we saw them. Great tension builder, made me super scared it was going to be a bunch of spiders or something. (I hate spiders. I hate them!)
    -I thought at first we would see some Savrips, given the planet we're on. But crazy bugs works as well.
    -The Devaronian reminded me of Tig Fromm, only less incompetent and more just generally sympathetic. At least from what we saw of him in this episode. I hope we see more of him later on.
    -I love that this episode makes it clear that Cid really does like and care for Omega. She didn't have to go into that pit to get the spice, but she did cause she held herself responsible for Omega being held captive in the first place. Great character moment that shows for as shady as she is, she does have a heart.
    -If I was them, when confronted by the Pykes about the spice, I would have been all "Oh yeah, we got your spice. It's in a safe spot, we'll go get it for ya. And if you don't believe us, no worries you can come with us." and then just unleash the murder bugs on them. That might not have worked though, they seemed pretty no-nonsense.
    -In fact, the main Pyke in this was super intimidating. Which, I actually really liked. With characters like Cid and Hondo (and to a lesser extent Lando), sometimes the underworld could be seen as really fun with lots of cool characters. It helps, I think, to occasionally show that for every Hondo there is a Jabba being super brutal and generally not a good person in the slightest. I like that duality.

Great episode, next week is "War Mantle" which makes me excited. Only three episodes to go! That's crazy to me.

4. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    SW canon is really trying to big up the Pykes for some reason. Felt a little strange how it was all "oh no the Pykes don't mess with them no matter what" when these guys are literally fighting the Empire that runs the galaxy and is full of super soliders, deadly bounty hunters and so forth but no apparently the Pykes you don't mess with.

I can only assume they're planned to be some big antagonist somewhere down the line and this is all trying to build up to that

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think that (to the audience at least) the Pykes are supposed to be a synonym/stand-in for Maul. The last few times we've seen them has been Crimson Dawn related.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    In all fairness, I feel like I see that trope a lot of places - gangsters being treated as scarier than tyrannical governments or other evils. Heck, even back in the OT Han seemed more scared of Jabba than the empire (those Jabba's goons did, in the end, go down a lot easier than the empire)

But yeah, it seems a little weird to say that about the Pykes, they honestly struck me as the weakest of the big crime families. They were the only ones to surrender to Maul without a fight, Dooku went through loads of them like paper (in comparison, he got captured by a smaller number of Hondo's pirates. Honestly, between that, them driving off Maul and Savage, and Hondo surviving a melee fight with Anakin, and Hondo's gang is looking pretty powerful), Han's crew did a heist on them and killed a lot of their goons, and even the Martez sisters, total rookiees at the time, messed with them and got away with it (ok, barely, and with Ahsoka's help, but still). The last one is especially amusing because the Bad Batch know the Martez sisters - I mean sure, they didn't have time to swap stories and share anti-Pyke tips, but the irony remains.

Edit: Is it just me, or were Durand's men wearing the same helmet Boba was in the ninja train episode?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's funny to hear Rhea Perlman call someone else "Tiny."

"Fool of a clone! Next time throw yourself in!"

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I want Filoni to invent only characters on his LOTR influences from now on.

9. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Felt like this week's ep was a bit flat for me.

Ghost and AusStig like this.
  10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It was fine. Unremarkable but not bad.

Xander Vos likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It felt like filler. Is it just the finale left?

AusStig likes this.
  12. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    There are three episodes left.

Ghost likes this.
  13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that this episode is the start of a big subplot about criminal underworld with
    Roland being a recurring character.

14. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    Final arc will be a face off with crosshair. He is hunting them down after all. They will capture him and remove his chip.

The enhancements the kaminoans made to his chip wont change his allegiances. Despite chip removal he will escape from captivity and return to the empire.

Or

He will rejoin the bad batch.

Personally i hope for the former. His rivalry adds more inrerest to the show and adds complications for the bad batch when crosshair is around.

In either situation, omega will be a critical component.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Bracca seems very different in this show to Jedi Fallen Order. In the game its raining and clearly a wet climate. In the TV series they just stuck to there usual bright desert style backdrop and clearly a dry climate . The 2 don't mesh plus they had the same crashed Destroyer but wouldn't have the scrappers already taken that apart in the 5 year gap. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Wet climate =/= wet season.

And clearly no Star Destroyer looks alike…

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hmm Can deserts get wet seasons ?
    I thought it was the same one but fair enough :)

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It dawned on me watching this episode that Devaronian debonair Roland would make an... interesting... team with Vilmarh Grahrk. Like you've got the suave one and the super weird one, but they kind of do the same thing.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  19. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I got a similar feeling and I hope so as well. I am reminded of the Mandalorian episode with the prison break, which everyone thought was filler back then and turned out to be really important to the plot of season 2.

Course, I really thought Mika Grey on Resistance was going to go somewhere, but the show ended without her doing much or us finding out much about her.

Yes actually. In fact, when it rains in a desert it often rains really hard.

(though personally I got less of a desert vibe and more just generally rocky, probably just too polluted for much plant life)

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Rainy season in Iraq was not fun. Most of the bases where I was had lousy drainage, so the water and sand turned to mud, deep mud that stuck like glue to my boots. And when they dried out it was like they were caked in cheap concrete. Flash floods are a real danger in the desert too.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, oh, we're still stuck on the idea that a planet can only be a single climate / weather?

22. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    And if Vilmarh and Hondo appeared in the same episode, the galaxy would explode or something.

23. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    By the way, did Roland look...different than most other Devaronians to anyone else? In particular, he has a rather Faleen like head ridge...between that and his skin having a slight green tinge, he almost looks like a Devaronian-Falleen hybrid, but that doesn't seem likely, especially for a minor character like that.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  24. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    He's not as handsome as our "Villie".

[​IMG]

25. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    We didn’t see any Devaronian characters in TCW, so I suspect that Roland’s weirdness stems from the animators adapting the Rebels model to the TCW/BB animation style.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.