main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Star wars is a small Galaxy, always been.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it's actually a little excusable with the Batch since they're really active taking mercenary missions, and Cid has a proclivity for sending them to help nascent revolutionaries. A tad uncreative sure, but not totally contrived imo.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Why does it have to be "small galaxy"? Why not the Force drawing these beings together because it's doing the work around Sidious' interference and preparing for the Dark Lord's destruction?

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how old Kallus is, animation can be hard to guess their ages, but i think when we first meet Kallus in season 1, he's supposed to be in his late 30's by end of Rebels probaly in his early 40's. And in of the adventure comics he hunts for Solo for desserting the empire and looks more less when he first appears, so he cwolud 20 or older i think. Kallus is probaly on Onderon by now or just been recruited.

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    We’ve seen the backstories of Kanan and Hera, that’s about all I need as far as the Ghost Crew is concerned.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know could be quite intresting to see How Zeb was before Rebels and how he survived after the event he says he was pretty mutch dead until Kanan found him, maybe he has a dark past after Lasan and before Rebels. Also we see Kallus dark journey as he sees his comrades being killed of by Saw and rebels.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Zeb’s the least interesting member of the Ghost crew, so I really don’t need to see some huge backstory for him or to see him taking attention away from more interesting stories.

CampOfSorgan, Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To me is one of the most intresting as we dont really know his backstory other then he was captain of the royal honorar guard for royal family on lasan. He could like Hera be how we see lasan react to the empire. The bad batch gets involved, we see how Zeb escapes. Maybe later in the show we see like the bad batch, he becomes a mercenary or works for bad people to survive.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean that's not a bad head canon.

Sorta like how the Wizards and Grand Powers in Tolkein's world are planning on defeating Sauron.

10. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Understandable, the Force seems pretty angry with Palpatine, who clearly doesn't care for the whole balance thing.

JediFett10 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I see the Force as something that generally does NOT want any Star Wars villain to win and normally works in the general direction of helping the hero's defeat them in the end.

May not like divine, divine intervention but more like the occasional nudge in the right direction.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    With Palpatine, I think it went full offensive.

13. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I can kind of understand the perspective if one wants to view the GFFA as reality. If you pick one person in the real world to tell a story about and then pick a separate, random person out of the entire world to a separate show about it is very unlikely those two stories would intersect. How is it that this random bunch of clones interacts with the entire cast of Rebels? How is it that some nobody bounty hunter runs into Luke Skywalker? How can it possibly be that this single rebel cell runs into a bunch of original trilogy and TCW characters?

But the explanation, even in universe, for this "small galaxy" is that they aren't picking random people in the GFFA to follow around. They're picking people who are going to intersect with the larger, core story. This random batch of clones wasn't actually picked at random; they get a show compared to any other clone because of how they interact with the larger story. Same with Din Djarin finding himself involved with Jedi and the Ghost crew running into Leia and Lando and the droids, etc.

With this in mind, I think the concern about a "small galaxy" is really about wanting a story that doesn't intersect with the larger story. It can be frustrating when everything that comes out has to be related somehow with the Skywalker Saga.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can't wait for season 2, it's always the second seasons when they amp stuff up. all first season so far in the Filoni tv shows have more or less been in a small story, Rebels had the ghost crew mostly on Lothal, Mandalorian about his relation with the kid, clone wars was mostly one episode advetures about the war outside beginnig and end of the first season.

Season of clone wars had Mandalore and mutch more, Rebels season 2 had Darth Vader, more inqusitors and more of the rebellion. Season of Mandalorian Had him meeting up with famous characters and letting go off his charge to the jedi, and giving him a new mission. Bad Batch season 1 was mostly about the team doing odd jobs and getting come across characters from clone wars, Rebels and Mandalorian. It ended with Kamino being no longer relevent and the beginning of clone projects, Snoke/Palpatine clones?

Season 2 of The Bad Batch, i think will start like Ryloth but this time Mandalore and have either Rampart of Tarkin take over the system until they can install Gar Saxon as Mandalore's new governor and the emperor's hand. We will likley see more clone wars and rebels characters, season 2 is when you get more familiarity with characters, planets and such. I think we could see more jedi, the beginning of next step in cloning. Bad Batch get introduced into the rest of the crime syndicates like Crimson Dawn and the Hutts, they are power in the universe outside of the empire. More Pykes and Bib. Rex and his clone uprising, introduce Bail and Mothma as rebel leaders. I could see us first seeing Galen and Krennic in animation. I think Darth Vader/Inqusitors/The Empreror will be season 2 finale thing or for future seasons.

Daneira likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So i was reading about the early timeline again and it seems like there already resistance months after the republic became the empire. Umbara and other planets fighting back. Early rebels attacking the death star's shipments, Tarkin having to deal with these rebel attacks. Tarkin's revenge against the former sepratist and genocide on planets in outer regions i think. You can have people like Saw, Cham and other's seeing them as they first fights against the empire. We could see the bad batch become involved in Saw's missions.

Only 2 years into the empire Tarkin had to deal with a rebel planet and company who resisted him and attacked, making him feel like he was back in the clone wars. Saw and other smugglers was part of this conflict, we maybe even see this in Bad Batch. I wonder if we could see Galen and Krennic in season 2 or 3 of bad batch. in the timeline i think we are not mutch past 6 months. We will likley see the beginning of Cam's return and resistance on Ryloth movement, and we see his wife die and his daughter abondon him. If we go 5 seasons, we could see this show just end before the lords of the sith book.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

First tie in material, but its only a retelling of Bounty Lost. Maybe we get more tie ins in future.

Vialco and clone commander bossk like this.
  17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Whatever it is I look forward to it

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Is there going to be a season 2?

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yess that was confrimed soon after season one ended, and season 2 will be released during Spring, so between March - May.

Vialco and AusStig like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Is that confirmed or you being hopeful?

We have Kenobi end of May, so will they want to overlap the two?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I could totally see them doing it since you know...animation takes a back seat to live action

clone commander bossk and Vialco like this.
  22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    CampOfSorgan, Ghost, Vialco and 2 others like this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    There was a magazine that mentioned Bad Batch season 2 for spring ans makes sense. And yeah animation is not important as live action.

Vialco likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's so much wrong with that hierarchal perception of mediums. I know that's how it is, still a crappy way of going on.

Dawud786 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hate it too because I think animation is better (least to me) but sadly I could see this being the case

Jedi Ben likes this.