main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    New details from Reddit:
    Yesterday i met translator for Star Wars in my country (Czech Republic) and we chat little bit about Bad Batch Season 2 and because he is under GDPR, he cant talk much. (I basically got info about czech dub, czech version of title for Boba Fett series, I said to him what leaked from Kenobi and he was curious because show is getting dub now, but he couldnt said what is or isnt right etc.) and it look like that Season 2 will be set near the end of Season 1, he didnt felt that there is some bigger gap. Number of episodes will be probably same, when i spoke to him, he worked on E8.

And we can of course expect Season 2 of Visions.

It was nice chat, he started as unofficial translator with czech subs (Clone Wars) and when they hired him for official work, I took mantle and did czech subs for S7, TBB1 and Visions, so we spoke little bit like a coleagues.

Seems like Bad Batch season 2 will come out soon after Kenobi. And no big timeskip as previous rumored.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    That's good news.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  5. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    Thank you. For some reason I just sort of assumed that they had replaced Ima Gundie.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Panel will be today. I’ll post updates when I can.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’m sure we’ll get some details on season two

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If past years are any indication I wouldn’t be surprised if they air the first episode of season 2 (assuming it’s a normal-length episode).

EDIT- no episode but showed a clip and a trailer, as well as the hand out poster showing off the new character designs (updated armor colors, Omega’s new get-up).

Cody, the wookiee Jedi youngling, more Commandos and Palps in the senate seemingly looking at Omega are highlights.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  10. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    And another panel that wasn’t streamed, out side of the 20th of AOTC and the HIgh republic panel what was the point?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    At this point I'm just assuming Order 66 failed by every metric and 99% of the Jedi are actually alive just off screen.
    Cause it's getting kind of absurd how many survived IMO.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Instantly reducing your opponent’s forces down to less than half of one percent of their former number.

Slater, Jedi Ben and MercenaryAce like this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That was awesome.

Almost hard to talk about because there was so much that was just "who/what is this?" without a good way to describe them all. Heck, there is a lot so blink and you miss it that it is hard to pause the video to look at them. But let's try:

-I am loving the new outfits (though I did love the irony of having good guys with a black/red color scheme, and that is reduced here. I love how much more rag-tag they look though)
    -Also love the mangrove planet and the crab things that live there.
    -Another great looking setting at 0:09
    -Some interesting droid(?) designs hunting Omega and getting ambushed.
    -I wonder who the guys at 0:42 are. Miners? Resistance group?
    -Person at 0:43 looks really awesome. Connected to the early group somehow?
    -Weird pod things racing in a tunnel? Too bad the term "pod racing" is already taken by something else...
    -Flamethrower vs battledroids. Wonder what the context will be.
    -Admiral Rampart actually fighting. Interesting.
    -Droideka! I assume connected to the battledroids above.

Plus, Order 66 was never the entire purge. There were references in ANH to Vader hunting down the jedi, and the inquisitors and purge troopers are entire organizations dedicated to hunting jedi. That would be silly to have if there was no jedi to hunt in the first place.

Slater, Force Smuggler and Jedi Ben like this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    And yet the vast majority of Jedi we meet end up surviving it.
    We can hear how wildly successful it is all we want but when we have youngling walking out of the temple during operation Knightfall like it's a Tuesday it doesn't feel very intimidating, and we've been getting A LOT of that lately.

Granted I don't want to watch kids die, but ROTS handled the horror of it very well by showing the brutality of the Sith without forcing us to physically see it. Thats something that's been increasingly diluted with so many survivors. This specifically feels like a bad fanfiction by someone desperate to save a pet character.

Trust me I don't like being a hater, I just can't feel excited about this.

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If Bad Batch Season 2 can pull off some fun with Mount Tantiss, then I wonder what Legends goodies they may plunder after they are done with the Emperor's Toyhouse.

My vote goes to Plett's Well, Belsavis and the story of Jedi survivors being hunted down, but from the Bad Batch pov. I mean they dablle in Jedi survivors already as per Trailer... why not show some of them trying to survive by numbers together and the Inquisitors on their trail as they are in everything lately from Fallen Orderm, Kenobi, Rebels, etc.? I know it would be cringe if we got Callista Ming canonized before Mara... unless Mara is a kid inquisitor in training that gets to kill Callista lol, now that would be sweet! (Maybe she could be at odds with fellow Inquisitress Shira Brie aka Lumiya?)

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    25 at least

Honestly with survivors so long as they keep the number below 200 I’m fine with it

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The majority of those who survive Order 66 either become Inquisitors or darksiders too.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also so far we only know of a few cases where we don’t know the fate of the Jedi. And only two of which have definitely lived past episode six

MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    The panel got a different trailer: [Removed]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2022
  22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I 100% guarantee at this point there is a lot more than 20.
    Really this gripe has been building for a long time for me, not helped by Rebels and the Vader comics having Jedi who were killed in Legends make it out at least initially.
    I mean we have like half the Jedi council, dozens of Padawan's, and numerous Youngling clans.

I get having some survivors is good for story telling in the Dark Times, but when the only time we have Jedi dying during Order 66 now are those who impact survivors stories it feels like the survivors are the norm not the exception. Then there is the fact that since several of these survivors are protagonists in their own story and thus have next to no risk to their life, cause then there wouldn't be any more stories with them! I give them credit for killing Kanan, but lets be real, the odds of Cal, Ezra or Ahsoka dying in the near future are basically Zero. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Dave made Ahsoka long lived so she can be the next Yoda.

Its a personal annoyance, Legends had similar issue's as well but it was mitigated by a lot of stories that were just about Jedi dying around the time ROTS came out, and that's just not the case anymore.

I honestly can't think of a single rational reason for having Gungi survive except that he's popular, and that's what I mean by it feeling like a bad fanfiction.
    Given his age I'd say the odds of him dying here are even less than that of Ahsoka, who's basically at Zero as it is.

Ok I'm ranting, if you like it that's fine and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade.
    It's just a stressor of mine that has been pressed a lot lately and is making me feel down on Star Wars at the moment. The Saga has always had a balance of dark and light moments, and the light winning at the end of the day is good; but that victory feels a lot weaker the more it becomes apparent that the good guys really weren't in as bad of a position as we were initially led to believe.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How have you got yourself into this position?

Numerous Star Destroyers, Stormtroopers, Inquisitors, plus it's known the Empire is working on both the Death Star and Starkiller Base. How much darker do you need it to be?

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Or just died. I think the majority of jedi survivor characters so far have been fodder for Vader and the Inquisitors.

Yup, and one of them was yeeted out to the far end of space.

Huh, interesting. And here I was hoping to do analyzing without having to squint at blurry pictures.

-Man, after all the Cody rumors that weren't true we are finally getting the real deal
    -New species (I think) guy threatening Omega with a drill hand.
    -Big guy (Dowutin?) in a nice suit, multi-species bodyguards, including a gameron with a blaster. Don't often see that (outside of rotj)
    -Trandoshan with a flamethrower. Possibly connected to the above, he had a trandoshan among his goons, but the Kashyyk shots make me wonder if we might see Trandoshans working with the empire.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2022
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also why the **** is Omega that close to Palpatine? That’s my real question