main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Why would you be reporting people for that?

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Because it's bollocks. The cast was never whitewashed. I don't like lies or fake racism.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    It's opinion. If those people aren't outright insulting or attacking people, there's nothing to report. Just because you happen to disagree with their opinion, doesn't make them liars or fakes.

4. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    It is an insult. They clearly have never watched Star Wars if they think Jango Fett is white.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    ...What? The people accusing Bad Batch of whitewashing know full well that Jango isn't white. That's literally the issue they're raising. The clones should have darker, Maori complexions, but the show seems to have lightened their skin tones. At the very least it carries some unfortunate implications, especially as Tech, the smartest and most erudite of them, is also the whitest.

Vialco, Jedi Ben, Ghost and 1 other person like this.
  6. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    And again, the lighting easily explained why it "appears" that way.

I honestly don't care what the appearance is so long as the story is good. That's their problem, they care more about the scenery than the story. Both are amazing. They've lost themselves to identity politics and that is ultimately what is causing more harm than good to every franchise. I gave up trying to present my opinion because I was accused of racism and patriarchy white thinking. But I won't leave their blindness and lies for all to see.

End of subject. No longer pursuing this. Just thought I'd bring it up.

7. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    It isn't lies. It's a difference of opinion. You're just dismissing it as the lighting; other people don't agree. Have a bit more respect for other people's perspectives instead of smearing them as liars.

Personally, I don't care which of the various lighting conditions he's under across the series (none of which are different to any of the lighting conditions from TCW): Tech is a white dude.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's strongly implied at one point, but he stops short of saying he can't. On the other hand, he also says "I have the power to save the one you love".

I don't see what difference the SE makes here.

9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    "To Cheat Death is a Power only One has achieved, but if we work Together we can discover the secret."

One of the primary purposes of the SE was to add a sense of finality, having the whole galaxy rise up and fight back was supposed to offer the implication Palpatine and the Empire was gone for good and the story ended here.

But even before that we have things like the Chosen One Prophesy, the Jedi Ghosts smiling at the end, and the sense of finality in Vaders decision all offering the sense that it was supposed to be his only death.

Vialco and Watcherwithin like this.
  10. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So word on the street is this drops on September 28th.

11. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PimpBacca likes this.
  12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Lucasfilm deciding that release dates are spoilers is the weirdest stanging thing.

Ghost, PimpBacca, Huncrweo and 4 others like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Of all the TV shows coming out soon its both Bad Batch season 2 and Amdor. With both having a return to Corucant, captiol of the Republic/Empire and see the senate chambers again. More clones and early rebel cells with criminal syndicates. Jedi Survivors, maybe we see some Inquisitors this season unless they wait for season 3. I think Bad Batch has the best option for us to see the mountain fortress Aftermath mentioned. More Rebels/Mandalorian tie ins and such. Seems like a cloned Zillo beast is coming finally.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    MercenaryAce, JediFett10 and Vialco like this.
  14. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
  15. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    No offence but did you just post that one word, just to bump and/or tag this thread…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and Vialco like this.
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Do they speak basic on What?

But yeah, anyway - it is interesting that this will overlap with Andor a bit in airing, given there seems to be a thematic similarity between the two shows of people learning to survive in an imperial dominated galaxy. The difference being, of course, the empire is much more established in Andor's time and the rebelion is starting to be born.

Makes me wonder what the Bad Batch's endgame will be, since there is no rebellion for them to join and won't be for a while yet.

Slater, AusStig, Ginkasa and 3 others like this.
  17. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Would be cool if they followed the Republic Command novels outline and had them retire to Mandalore

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IMO, there is a chance that the Bad Batch will find a way to reverse accelerated aging like Clan Skirata did.

My bet is that if the team will go to Mandalore it will be the same time when the Empire will decide to get rid of Bo-Katan and make Saxon a new ruler.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    End game for Bad Batch might just be to free Ll clones from the Empire, and sow the seeds of Rebellion that will come later and they disappear and become farmers like Rex.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Vialco likes this.
  21. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    Although the Kaminoan rebellion seems out the window, I still think there’s room for a Clone Uprising in the timeline.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rex and Bad Batch will build the clone rebellion that fights the empire. Along with Empire genocide Genosians and Lasats.

MercenaryAce and Vialco like this.
  23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Might as well have them retire to Alderaan. ;p

Plus, the characters of that book had a personal connection to Mandalorian culture thanks to their trainer, the Bad Batch doesn't show any sign of such a connection.

Though it is hard to shake the feeling that they will probably be caught up in whatever goes down with Bo Katan and Gar Saxton.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

If so, it would be doomed to failure. The Bad Batch has touched on some dark things before, but that still seems a bit too tragic...though I suppose given what Rex is like in Rebels his efforts are probably doomed to tragedy anyway.

Darth Majestic likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh God, Batch Bad and Andor new episodes are going to drop at the exact same time come September aren't they? Here's hoping both are at 30 minutes so I can watch both at 3 AM

25. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I hope Crosshair's "I had my chip removed a long time ago" line gets explored a bit. What does he mean by a long time? The series takes place mere months after ROTS. Did he somehow get his chip removed before that and never told anyone, including his brothers? Or did he get it removed after choosing to stay with the Empire, in which case how can it be "a long time ago"?