main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars The High Republic: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Captain RX, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't think it's bad. Just not as good as the other books and not great.

Eh I found her less interesting as things went along. Can't say I really care about their partnership. Not against it, just uninterested.

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    They're still books.

3. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yes but they could be categorised differently in Audible. Not under "Science Finction" but "Young Adult" or "Young Reader". Hence why they are hard to find on that site.

4. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    They're also categorized under "Star Wars" and "Star Wars: The High Republic" but regardless here are the links:

https://www.audible.com/pd/Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-Into-the-Dark-Audiobook/0593291018
    https://www.audible.com/pd/Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-A-Test-of-Courage-Audiobook/0593291034

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Why are you telling me? I have them and don't use Audible, given how they treat people.

Here is a link that has all three of them in one place.

https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com/blog/star-wars-the-high-republic-series-on-audio/

6. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Why am I telling you? What a weird question. You just said they're hard to find on audible. I'm responding to you by saying they're not.

Also, this is the conversation thread with Jedi Daniel not being able to find the books on Audible. So I posted the Audible links.

ZV-83 likes this.
  7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    No I didn't, I said they COULD be categorised differently and that would explain the issues Jedi Daniel was having (making them hard to find, since someone couldn't). @Jedi Daniel said they were hard to find. I offered a possible solution. Which offended you it seems, as you saw fit to enter and say "They are books", as if that was at all helpful to the person having issues.

It is interesting that proving me wrong is more important to you than helping the person who started this.

8. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I've already succeeded in helping the person who started this by posting the Audible links. Not sure why you're being so weird. Take care!

ZV-83 and Serfer like this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The one in No Space? Nah.

IG: @jedisufism

AusStig likes this.
  11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It appears that the reason they aren't showing is because of my region. I'll hunt them down though, thanks for your help :)

12. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I've got a question, what did Marchion mean in his monologue at the end of the book when he said he Marchion Ro isn't his real name? But Asgar is also his real dad, right?Does this mean neither of them neither of them are actually "Ro"?

13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Likely. They could easily assume a name and use it to protect their real identities.

Young Griff and Old Griff, for example.

Merric and clone commander bossk like this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, based on their shady past I assumed it was a fake family name.

Bizarrely there's another, presumably unrelated Ro floating around in the New Republic stories (Bansu Ro). Likely he was created before the High Republic Ros, but the fact that they used him in a (somewhat) important scene in Victory's Price lately was weird. I guess Ro is the new Antilles.

15. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    The Ro family of the High Republic don't appear to be human based on description alone, although perhaps they are near-human and serve as Bansu Ro's distant ancestor?

Asgar and Marchion Skywalker, I'd wager.

16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Now THAT would be something.

Merric and clone commander bossk like this.
  17. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm not sure how to pronounce "Rwoh" but in my head it's also the same as "Ro".

18. ZV-83

ZV-83 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2020
    Same here.

19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm still saying. Ro = Rwoh. Marchion's a grey mirialan.

AusStig and ZV-83 like this.
  20. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I find it pretty funny that Yarael Poof agreed to the idea that the Jedi should look into getting an army and preparing for war, and he ended up being killed during the Clone Wars, while Oppo Rancisis was against the whole idea of war and survived through order 66.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Actually we don't know what happened to Yarel Poof, he was off the Council before the Clone Wars.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    He died before the Clone Wars on a mission according to extra sources, though Canon puts it closer to AOTC than Legends.

23. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Anyone else notice that the last 2/3 of the book took place over like a few weeks but had a subplot running through it that can't have taken more than a few hours? The plot with the Jedi chasing after the kidnapped settlers.

Daneira, brodiew and AusStig like this.
  24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yep, I believe DarthInternous talked about that. It's a deliberate shuffling around of the timeline in order to present those events simultaneously to the reader even though they're not happening at the same time.

SWpants likes this.
  25. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Hmm. I don’t like it. Hated it in Deep Space Nine and hated it here.