main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars The High Republic: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Captain RX, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I feel like we are being set up for a twist involving the republic they are really hyping them up

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't think it was ever implied that the disaster was just an accident. Maybe the Nihil are the ones responsible or someone else (the Sith? or both if they are allies?)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I would love to see the Jedi figure out that the Sith are still alive and are backing the Nihil but they begin searching for them in Phase Two only for them to not officially learn as the team they send out is wiped out and a message is sent by the Sith saying "nope no sith here." and have the nihil take the Jedi's ship somewhere and destroy and make it look like they were attack on their way back to Coruscant.

4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So at first they said galaxywide and now it is just a system threatened? Way of downscaling their initial marketing gig...

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't really understand how this is a unique disaster. Presumably any ship that explodes in hyperspace from any kind of accident could do this. In Legends, things couldn't fall out of hyperspace without a good hard shove (if you remember Tyrant's Test), but surely this has happened before...? In 25,000 years of history?

I'm curious, but also confused.

I am also pretty excited for the seeming seeding of this era up and down the timeline, which speaks volumes.

Ghost likes this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Also I noticed while they downscaled it from galaxy to system, they upscaled it from one to several ships affected.

Like the Holdo gamble, I guess it should be more common as you said, but isn't.
    At least, this debris tragedy threatening inhabited worlds or civilized space seems to be rarer with well maintained hyperlanes than out in the wild where no government cares about it.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]
    Public relations!

8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    [​IMG]

"You asked for the expansion fo the Republic to stop, my employers granted your request.

Now we have something to ask of you...."

I think that would be cool if the Sith were like the Shadows, operating in the background causing trouble and gaining favours.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Remember this is just one book. We know from press releases that the Great Disaster is indeed galaxy-wide; Phase 1 is basically a bunch of different works covering the same event from varying perspectives.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Now I want a canon Babylon 5 station shaped Lightsaber in the High Republic era... make it happen!

[​IMG]

Hopeless and Chrissonofpear2 like this.
  11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Do you think that this is, test to see if the weapon will work?

That would be an ending, 'we saved this system' 'reports coming in now, it's happening' "happening where?" "everywhere".

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Reminds me of that scene in Batman Begins where Falcone and Crane are discussing their operation and Crane is like "you know who i'm working for, and when he gets here..." and falcone is like "he's coming to gotham" I could image a similar scene like that happening in the High Republic where some corrupt politician wants a bigger cut of the pie and the Nihil subtly drop who they're really working for and they won't like that the politician is trying to squeeze in on their operation.

Also I would love if the Republic sent Intelligence agents out on covert ops to help the Jedi find out whos really behind the Nihil and theres a scene where the Jedi Grand Master, head of Republic Intelligence and the Supreme Chancellor are having a meeting and the RI head guy says "we sent out some agents to a possible planet but we haven't heard from them" turns out they got killed by the SIth.

AusStig likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    You know the Sith don’t have to be behind every evil that threatens the Jedi/Republic.

If the Nihil turn out to be Sith tools, then my view toward them will be lowered.

We have had enough enemy factions used by the Sith, let’s see something different this time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    IG_2000, Ghost and Riv_Shiel like this.
  14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Nihil and the Nameless should work for themselves . the Sith can be doing other stuff in the shadows capsizing on the chaos the great disaster makes I.E putting senators in to start the corruption

Ghost likes this.
  15. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    As they say, the cosmos runs on three things - matter, energy, and enlightened self interest.
    And possibly some variation of Swedish meatballs, too...

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  16. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, the Nihl being some other dark side faction, and the Sith playing the background to take advantage of the situation seems logical.

17. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd find this more interesting that there are Sith out there and this threat is actually so terrifying that even THEY are helping the Jedi to fight against them![face_devil]

Wrinty likes this.
  18. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I'm wondering if its the Object the ship encountered that is the wild card. I was thinking it could be some kind of dark / exotic matter, and it was particles of that exiting hyperspace that are causing the issue. But it seems the ship did not collide with the object but tore itself apart trying to navigate around it...

19. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    At the moment I'm wondering if this event was how they reboot the entire Star Wars Franchise with Palpatine being unable to leave the Bridge between world or Veil whatever its called and his dying act was to destroy that bridge which is vented out here causing the Great Disaster?

Yes pretty unthinkable but I'm stating this in hopes this means it cannot happen but then I thought the Sequel Trilogy wasn't going to be a mess either and look what happened to that and every Disney Star Wars movie they've released...

Even the end of Rogue One was messed up despite being the best movie they've released.

20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

Wrinty likes this.
  21. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's entirely on you that my eyes now hurt from having rolled so far back into my head.

22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    what are u on about ......

23. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Sorry forgot this is hardly the place to express thoughts on this series.
    I'll come back January next year hopefully this will have improved, the series I mean not the replies.

24. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Your "thoughts on this series" seemed to be a thinly-veiled excuse to complain about the Disney-era films. This is the place to discuss the actual High Republic series, so maybe try staying on-topic when you return.

Serfer, Senpezeco, Dawud786 and 2 others like this.
  25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Well, the Naboo Crisis eventually lead to the Clone Wars so...

Hopeless likes this.