main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Reference Star Wars: The Legacy Trilogy - the OOC Thread for Episode XII: Legacy of the Force

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well let's see what happens now, shall we?

Any questions, PM me away, and @Kalio_Dynkos, let's get a past combo done this week. ;)

@Shadowsun, let's do a combo, shall we? Time to try and murder three players, shall we? @Kurisan, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @TheSilentInfluence...

@galactic-vagabond422, wonder what they could be looking for...

@QueenSabe7, look what you wrought... hope.

@HanSolo29, look at all this snide love from Hux...

@darthbernael, @CosmoHender, have fun. ;)

@Mitth_Fisto, @The Jedi in the Pumas, hope it all goes well...

@Jerjerrod-Lennox, meet your new Partner! Congrats.

2. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    A combo with @Sinrebirth?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Dol Khan doesn't do babysitting.

Nice try, Sinre. Tugging at the heart strings, eh?

Dol Khan is no slave to his heart. Freedom by any means necessary.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Haha! All in the name of freedom, eh?

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    What a week!

What's going on @Shadowsun, three players made it to orbit! Seems you want to catch the eye of @Master Vo'Un'Var... and then what do we have here, a miracle lift-off from @Kurisan and @TheSilentInfluence about to play a game? ;) That tease of a tie to @QueenSabe7... makes me wonder how well she'll resolve Kuat. [face_devil]

@galactic-vagabond422, I wonder who is visiting your farm... :p @Zedd-Vega, I am afraid that you will never have your chosen form of address. ;)

@HanSolo29, I look forward to your political manifesto. ;)

Well, well, well, @darthbernael, @CosmoHender, that was an interesting philosophical debate, and a parting to boot. How curious.

@Mitth_Fisto, you seem more kid-friendly than, say, @The Jedi in the Pumas! Makes you wonder when you and @Jerjerrod-Lennox are going to cross paths again over the Don.

@Kalio_Dynkos, hope you enjoy your conference this week. [face_thumbs_up]

Update tomorrow will be at the usual time of 22:00 GMT!

6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Well I did say to blow everything up, not my fault Hattaska is a baby...:p

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ha! Hattaska seems a leetle obsessive.

Or perhaps he just doesn't like Vicrul. :p

darthbernael , Kurisan and Shadowsun like this.
  8. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    You know, I do kinda find it funny that this is "the beginning of the final trilogy." Mainly because of all the complaints from fans about how the sequel trilogy undone the achievements of the heroes from the original trilogy by having the Empire basically come back as the First Order and wipe out the New Republic, with even the Emperor coming back in Episode 9. And now "Duel of the Fates" is basically doing the same thing. The First Order is still in power despite what the ending of the sequel trilogy implied, Hux is even still alive, the Knights of Ren are back, Kylo Ren is somehow back, and the Resistance is still small. I personally don't mind, especially since I didn't like how Episode 9 seemed to end exactly the same as Return of the Jedi with no mention of the galaxy's state afterward. The ending of Episode 9 was very vague to me, which also made it unsatisfying. This roleplay is already addressing problems that I had with Episode 9 as well, like the unceremonious death of Hux and how the Knights of Ren were wasted. Even having the First Order still in power addresses one of my problems with Episode 9, where the conflict suddenly became about the Emperor, the Sith Eternal, and the Final Order. The conflict with the First Order suddenly wasn't as relevant.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    For me you’re describing the issue of introducing a new villain in the final episode of a trilogy. It being a reintroduction doesn’t necessarily undo the difficulties with it. Narratively it’s a big turn for the finale, but the twists with Snoke and Kylo Ren had arguably already undermined the building of a final confrontation in IX as our feelings for Kylo are so complex by the end of VIII.

Now, I take it that the connective tissue for IX and Palpatine was definitely there, with Vader’s mask and Snoke acting so Palpatine-esque, but it wasn’t explicit enough to allow the opening scene on Exegol to land as firmly as it could have - and that opening scene between Ren and Palpatine is sublime. That single sentence in weaving voices, and the jar of Snoke’s... it’s a very enjoyable moment for me.

I agree the whole finale redux of the post-Endor rebellion is a bit more lazy than not, but we at least see the people turn up at Exegol and do their bit. It’s a complicated ending, and a complicated trilogy.

But it leaves more than enough to imagination for X to flourish. [face_devil]

Kalio_Dynkos and darthbernael like this.
  10. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Well... I'm having great fun, loving everyone's posts.

By the way, am I the first to say, "I have a bad feeling about this" in episode X? I was the first, right? [face_dancing]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Looks like!

Now all we need is a Whilhelm scream, and a ‘May the Force be with you’ I think.

Other Star Wars film staples we need to hit?

12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    A Death Star or Death Star like weapon...

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @Shadowsun, @Master Vo'Un'Var, seems your meeting might be cut a little short... that Last Jedi, eh? So inconvenient...

@TheSilentInfluence, please post the NPC sheet we discussed, I hope I've crafted a decent little set-piece with what you gave me.

Oh, @Kurisan! Let's have a nice combo and you can discover where Rizo took you. :p

@galactic-vagabond422, don't shoot! @Zedd-Vega, you will forever be a Padawan to this little Holocron. [face_laugh]

Don't annoy Zorii, @darthbernael, if you can... @CosmoHender, I wonder if that will tickle your intrigue!

@Mitth_Fisto, now @The Jedi in the Pumas has ditched you with the boy, look at all this lovely information and Intel! Hope you each have fun... oh, @HanSolo29, thank you for your daughter's picture, it's nice to put a face to a certain Kubaz's probable next target...

@Jerjerrod-Lennox, you are right in the middle of criminal intrigue. Congrats. ;)

@Kalio_Dynkos, @QueenSabe7, we have discussed this week, and I am ready whenever you guys are. [face_devil]

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    darthbernael likes this.
  16. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Sinrebirth Hmmm the one place in the galaxy everyone knows? [face_thinking]

Oh I got it! - the single most important location where everything important happened and featured in all three trilogies - that bustling centre of galactic politics and events... Tatooine! [face_laugh]

(and Star Wars staple #7 is also then crossed off lol)

j/k I have a real idea and look forward to the combo. :)

17. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Yay, combo combo combo, smiles a devious, sarcastic smile at the helmeted one with the blaster in hand before him.

Kurisan and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I honestly wasn't expecting this roleplay to have ties with Tales of the Jedi and the descendants of Nomi Sunrider. Definitely a surprise, but a welcome one.

19. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    What in all the hells of imagination have you people been up to while I've been gone in the UR? That lady with the helmet told me some crazy stories, almost don't want to believe her but I could feel she was telling the truth...

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @CosmoHender, there is no loose end that does not vex me. I thought I may as well pick at that one.

@darthbernael, this is what happens when you leave for nearly eighty years! It’s only been three civil wars since you left.

21. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    And Zorii mentioning the Emperor's Hands also grabbed my interest. I guess you could call me a lore junkie.

22. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Bah, I thought those Jedi could keep a lid on things, not my fault they let themselves get manipulated so easily.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    @TheSilentInfluence and Kaz seem to have crossed paths in an interesting way... could the First Order include some good eggs? Never!

@Kurisan is apparently the luckiest ship thief ever! I doubt that the Stranger even noticed, eh, @Master Vo'Un'Var? Makes me wonder if he cares what @Shadowsun has to say... looking forward to seeing that combo go up, misters! Ideally before @QueenSabe7 escapes with her motley Resistance crew!

Painful memory lane for @galactic-vagabond422... that was un-fun, bless. More existential woe for you, it seems... and I wonder what for @Zedd-Vega?

@darthbernael, you're finally up-to-date, makes me wonder what trinket Nomi will have for you... and @CosmoHender, you're on your way to Agora Six, in the Galactic Core. Should be interesting, I bet. ;)

Conversely @Mitth_Fisto takes in Lost Boy and uses him, what a lesson that Dol Khan could have learned from But instead @The Jedi in the Pumas is on his way to a big confrontation with @Jerjerrod-Lennox again! Didn't take much time, did it now!

Makes me wonder how close you'll get to @HanSolo29's daughter... and also what Hux is going to say when he finds out what @Kalio_Dynkos's team stole from Kuat!

24. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Yay I’m as lucky as Han - don’t tell me there’s no such thing lol.

This is like ten different games at the moment... I wonder where/how it will all tie up?

In the meantime, look out Coruscant, COS HERE I COME!

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Dol Khan has no uses for Lost Boys who throw rocks and needs help from strangers to avoid stormtrooper capture.

Maybe when the lad gets better at Rebelling, Dol Khan can find a use for him.

In the meantime, any agents or stormtroopers that get in Dol Khan’s way will be in for a long and painful day.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021