main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Reference Star Wars: The Legacy Trilogy - the OOC Thread for Episode XII: Legacy of the Force

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 29, 2020.

1. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    The Agent is unleashed....:cool:

2. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    So while waiting for the 7th, I do wonder: What is everyone's expectations for this game? What is everyone hoping to get out of this? Me, I'm just hoping for a good group to have fun with because it's been so long since I roleplayed like this. I am admittedly a bit worried about screwing up though, since I am rusty. But I am more excited than worried, especially since I'm playing as a character that I have been thinking a lot about. The idea of playing as an aged Barriss Offee after the last time we saw her in The Clone Wars really appealed to me. Honestly, the direction that I am taking her is somewhat similar to Darovit the "Healing Hermit" from the Darth Bane era, with Barriss even missing a limb due to an encounter with the Sith. Though I only realized these similarities after creating the character sheet.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @CosmoHender

It's okay to be worried, but honestly we have a really good group to play this game with. I was admittedly really happy when I saw you were going to be playing Barriss Offee, she's one of the characters I really like.

I'm hoping to just have fun with my characters and see what kind of scenarios pur GM has in mind. Sinre is a great GM and really knows how to both draw out a story and make it work for everyone.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Caleb/Davorit is exactly what I had in mind when I got Ofee through my ooooh I need to work this out GM filter.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's technically Sunday 3rd January here so... part three!

6. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    I am hoping to make a non force sensitive character on a mission to finally put an end to all this Empire and Rebellion nonsense. Not singlehandedly, but to the physical embodiment of the people’s exhaustion of empire v republic, Jedi v sith.

He’s fighting for the everyday man.

I feel like the closest the universe has had to a guy like that (that wasn’t a smuggler or criminal) was Corran Horn BEFORE he became a Jedi. He was just a cop, working a beat. Then everything got super powered and I kind of have a lust for the representation of the regular citizen in Star Wars. Their planets are always being blown up or some force sensitive is impaling them on a lightsaber or they’re being harassed by the Empire.

Dol Khan’s backstory is that he could’ve been a regular guy if it wasn’t for all this conflict. He’s tired of it and if he has to kick a few asses and blow up a few bases to get some peace and quiet then that’s what he’s going to do.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I love it.

And I think you’ll be seeing a lot of that come through in Duel.

8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Rhoen is just tired, his mother gave her life, and sacrificed seeing most of his for a peace that barely lasted a generation, he fought as well in her memory only to see the victory to be lost quickly afterwards. He watched his mother strive and sacrifice to keep a peace that never lasted, and watched his own sacrifice be made nothing. He just wants to live out his life with his family. He's made his sacrifices, and will not sacrifice anything more for this endless fight...but we all know that the galaxy has a way of forcing those that don't want to be involved, to get involved. The fun part is how much pain is he willing to take to maintain his status quo...What will it take to bring out the old Rhoen, the pilot that could turn the tide.

@The Jedi in the Pumas I actually had a story about what happens when the people of the Republic get fed up with the Jedi Sith conflict. They decide to Abolish the Jedi Order, and train 'Force Sensitives' in a sort of Secular way, turning traditional Jedi training into a military style training emphasizing loyalty to the Republic, and that the force is a tool, not a cosmic energy that must be balanced. The rallying cry of the protests was:

"No more Jedi no more Sith we are through with all of it."

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I had a decidedly terrible start to the day (flooded lounge, burnt a hole in the couch), so I decided to do a second update today!

Congrats to this who got an earlier update.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That sounds horrible. I hope the damage wasn't too bad Sinre.

Thank you for the update!

11. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes, he has a bad day so he kills off an Anzati and steals his ship....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And I had a good day and killed DJ.

What’s the pattern? Nobody knows.

And technically Vo killed that Anzati. He didn’t need to put in his CS that he murders people for their ships but he did!

13. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Classic Vo...lol.

Hmm I have to wait four whole days to post...oh boy...

14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Having to wait to post...hmmm...looks elsewhere, and smiles.

Kurisan, Sinrebirth and Shadowsun like this.
  15. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Rizo the Ranat, huh?

...Muppets reference for the win.

16. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Huge pre-Jedi Corran Horn Fan. I'm reading the old Stackpole X-Wing Series right now and love the growth his character takes.

Meanwhile, Wedge just wants all you nerfherding kids to give off his lawn and stop this whole war thing. :p

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One more GM post left...

darthbernael and Kurisan like this.
  18. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    It was nice to see the Journal of the Whills referenced. I always appreciate a nod to one of George Lucas' earliest concepts for Star Wars.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That exact quote is from the novelisations of the TLJ film, I believe. So it’s quite curious, and was not built upon sufficiently for myself.

20. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    It was from the beginning of the novelization for The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster, actually. I remember it making me think that the Whills would have a role in the sequel trilogy, which wasn't the case.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yessss. Me too.

22. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I'm not a hater of the Sequels, but there it did kind of land with a thud. There was so much send-up it could have been great. Nothing bad. Just missed opportunities.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The ST (as with many of my favourite parts of SW) has several very good ideas but tried to do too much at once.

That being said, I love the era and I’m looking forward to how this game pans out.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  24. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    @Sinrebirth I will say that you have done a very good job at setting the status quo and building the world. I love that you took Colin Trevorrow's ideas, but set them after Episode 9. It's worked really well and you're not the only one excited to see how the game pans out.

25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Great world that has been built, and Xundel is 'happy' he gets to make a 'friend' right away.