main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: The Old Republic Discussion Thread [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    I played this from launch but havent for the last 18months. I have been thinking of getting back into it. I really hated the lack of World-PvP though. I so much wanted to play my SiN as a solo assassin in the wider universe, not just in Warzones, which sucked in general due to only being max 8vs8. (I'm also a former Vanilla WoW player and loved the 40vs40 Alterac Valley 3 day long matches. [face_devil] )

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I believe there's a fair amount of open-world PVP on Ilum nowadays, I can't remember the name of the specific section... I think it may have formed part of the Gree missions.

Oh, by the way, I hate the update. :D

I spent ages levelling a Sawbones Scoundrel, currently at 44, and they've been super nerfed :(

3. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    Might give it a try soon and get my Lvl50 Sin up to 60.

4. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    That would be the Gree event. Not much going on there if the event isn't live.

5. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Very fun game been playing since the stress test betas in 2011 and have completed every class since. Just recently finished shadow of Revan.

6. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    How is this game these days? I played from beta and a few months after launch, but it didn't hold me past then. I know they're still making updates and as a Star Wars fan I feel like I'm missing out by no playing. Is this game worth trying again now? Could I enjoy it mostly single player this time through? I don't have the time for the guild/multiplayer scene.

7. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I'd say it's worth it. And definitely enjoyable in singleplayer. And there's usually random people that want to do the same Heroics as you around if you want a partner.

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    After the Shadow of Revan update, there has been alot of laggs....

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I have a lore question, specific to the events on Balmorra during the time that republic characters travel there. The republic forces defeated in the imperial quest line were "officially" rogues not endorsed by the republic. However, despite the treaty, the Republic seemed to have launched a full invasion on a world officially owned by the empire, a critically important world at that, without breaking the treaty. How is this?

10. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Bad writing.

11. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Pretty sure the treaty all but forfeit by the time you get to Balmorra.

12. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, it's pretty much open war on Balmorra, and if not there, then Quesh.

13. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Anyone got any guides on star fighter battles? I did one the other day and for the life of me did not understand one thing... Could never lock on to enemies or do any damage.

14. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Once your in range, just press shift, you can rotate who you want to be locked onto that way. As for hitting anyone, well you just have to give it a few matches, it takes a bit to get a feel for it.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  15. Haruss

Haruss Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Old Sith capitol Ziost coming tor TOR in April =D=

[​IMG]

16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks for the tip Zer0! And Ziost looks awesome! Also heard they're releasing the Togruta race and two expansions this year. I think a cool feature they should put in is how your a Force user wields their lightsabers depending on form, like how Ahsoka and Starkiller have the backwards grip of Shien. Would be pretty neat.

17. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I thought the restored sith empire built a huge city on the ruins of the old Ziost capitol city after they returned from exile or something. No doubt the emperor's maniacal minions will be present.

18. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    So I'm conflicted on my next character... So far I have a Jedi Knight, but don't know which class to make next. Was leaning towards Trooper/Bounty Hunter. Which one would be more fun to play?

19. Haruss

Nov 24, 2014
    The building on the picture is new, it's not the old Council Citadel. There's very similar one on Dromund Kass

20. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    I'd recommend Imperial Agent or Sith Inquisitor.

21. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    That's new? Looks like a copy n' paste of the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas, which predates even Marka Ragnos's reign when Tulak Hord found the system.

22. Haruss

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohh really? Hmm for soem reason I was under impression it was built along with Kaas City, at least the "above ground" part. Though u could be right. In that case they probably changed comic look of the Citadel. Or perhaps this was simply "placeholder" model? The screenshot is old, back from few years ago when they first worked on Ziost and put it on hold for some time. Perhaps it will look different in the end. I mean, it really doesn't look like the comic Citadel at all :(

23. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Some imperials in the game say it was built by the emperor in the early years of the Empire, but probably because few know the true history of the temple. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

24. Cab-Lee

Cab-Lee Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2015
    Hey guys, I am fairly new to this site and my issue is so far small, but irritating and- Well, I am a level 10 Jedi Guardian and I am on one of the last class missions on Tython, and I am at the part where you speak to the Jedi Council again. The problem is, whenever I enter the Jedi Council Chambers I walk forward about 15 steps, and then I stop and quickly teleport back to the beginning door. I have never had this problem before, but I have also never played a Jedi Knight/Guardian before. If you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do, feel free to suggest. While I can leave Tython on a ship, I won't be able to get anymore companions or get any other class related things.

25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Hmmm, try logging out/back in, and I don't know if class quests are abandon able, but try that and get it again.

Also, how about that new cinematic? And the new expansion looks sick. And finally a level cap increase! 65!