main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Home Video Release (Digital, Blu-ray, DVD, 4K UHD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 19, 2020.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    It’s really scary to think how loud obnoxious voices on the internet are starting to get everything they want. It was announced today that the Snyder cut will be released after years of complaining and that fan group being intolerable. JJ made TROS to try and please people that were pissed off by TLJ and were b*tching all over the internet over the last 3 years. If studious are going to reward this kind of behavior then we are all truly screwed

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It's why i hope they keep people like RJ whoo isn't afraid of this and will stare them death in the eye.

3. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    It didn't even please them though, did it?
    Even worse.....by practically erasing Kelly Tran, they weren't just giving in to haters, they were giving in to racists.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    And yet they wouldn`t release that cut or have made TROS the way it was if they didn`t think it would make them more money. How accurate that is, is a different question but that is not magnaminous studios "rewarding" mean, mean fans (whose only ever real power is the one they naturally have and always will have, just not buying products they don`t like), it`s studios making choices with a profit margin in mind.

PendragonM likes this.
  5. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    I thought all the disgruntled fans were a tiny vocal minority. I mean, every time anyone complained, that's what we were told. So why pitch the movie to us? Has anyone thought that JJ was doing his own course correcting from RJ's movie? That he wanted his friends Dominic, Greg and Keri to be in the movie over Kelly Marie Tran? Because that's what I saw. I saw a movie that basically remade Return of the Jedi, now with more sitcom banter and a bigger climax because Maker forbid JJ doesn't do anything bigger and more intense. He painted himself into a corner in TFA, then TLJ took that corner and shoved it into another corner and all of TROS is the footprints through the wet paint out of the corner.

Alliyah Skywalker likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread is for discussion of the TROS home release. The Snyder Cut of JL being released means nothing in relation to TROS, because they are totally different scenarios. So until or unless an alternate cut of TROS is confirmed for a future home release, this is off topic.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    TROS is the corpse of Star Wars that stayed in that corner waiting for the paint to dry and then died of dehydration.

Anywho, you think anyone will be allowed to talk about DOTF on the extras?

Darth PJ and PendragonM like this.