main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Home Video Release (Digital, Blu-ray, DVD, 4K UHD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 19, 2020.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    There was no commentary for Solo, but there were deleted scenes. I think that largely stems from the fact that even though Lord and Miller were fired, the actual story didn't change too much (aside from reimagining Dryden Vos). On the other end of the spectrum, the two films that haven't released deleted scenes (Rogue One and TROS) underwent the most significant narrative changes during production and post production.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The Solo home release contains the single greatest SW deleted scene ever:

3. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I hope they carry over all the dvd bonus features for the prequels and the OT bonus features from the previous saga BD set.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Was The Rise of Skywalker theatrical cut finished so close to it's release that there just wasn't time to get deleted scenes together for home video release?

5. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    Babu Frik looks like he got hold of some space crack after the events of TROS

indydefense, Darth Buzz and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I'd say he got hold of it before.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    HevyDevy and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Nope. The home release was already delayed. Had they wanted to include deleted scenes, they could have.

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    What was the orignal release date?

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    no deleted scenes or directors commentary I read as either saving for D+ content, buried away on one of the dozen other bonus discs of the big saga set, or a X-Mas release like how TFA got the 3D blu ray release which had JJ commentary + more deleted scenes.

10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I don’t know. I don’t own it.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I loved the trailer they made for the home video release but it's literally all the damn spoilers in about 40 seconds. Like the only thing that's missing is Ben's death. But got some good framegrabs out of it, although I do wish they had given us a better Emperor shot but that's about it.

12. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    I've got all SW movies in VHS / DVD / BLU RAY (including AOTC) but I'm not interested a bit by owning TROS. I've watched it twice in total, I've tried to look for the positive aspects about it (which I'm totally uncapabled to now) but I'm not going to spend my money on such absurd nonsense. I won't get the big box either: I'd prefer a film-by-film deluxe presentations so you can actually get the films you really liked.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  13. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Very likely the deleted scenes are not even remotely ready for public viewing and in very rough stage of production (if any at all), given how they were in such time pressure.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  14. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I'm not buying the initial release. I'll wait for the inevitable special version with deleted scenes on the disc, if not a longer cut. I got caught and double-dipped when they did that with TFA, only to release the 3D version with more deleted scenes not long after.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't own any movies.

16. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    Will the regular Blu-rays for episodes 1-6 be the same discs that were released in 2011?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I wish we could know when this will be on D+. We got Lion King and Toy Story 4 thinking it would be a while but they came out on D+ about 3 months after home release.

18. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I think I will wait to buy TROS until they give us the deleted scenes or the extended cut.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Maybe they'll be on the big 4K box-set. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the full specs for the box-set haven't been revealed yet.

20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Does the digital home release include release on Disney+ or do we have to wait longer for that? I'm reluctant to spend money on a copy of a DVD that I'll eventually have access to via Disney+.

21. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I already own the Skywalker saga, Episodes 1-6, on Bluray... Don't need the Legends ST. I will watch it on streaming in the unlikely event I wish to revisit that story.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Darth Nobunaga and 2Cleva like this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's a good point. For people who love everything, it is probably worth the investment but for anyone who only likes specific segments of the saga, it's grand that they are available individually. And, in the occurrence of choosing to sit through all of them for reasons such as marathoning or whatnot, whatever isn't on your shelf is on Disney+.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Pretty simple, I only have a blu ray player so I get the blu ray (Mayyyybe the 4K version which includes a blu ray as well to future proof it) and the digital copy included, and when it hits D+ months later I can watch it in streaming 4k so get a bit of extra value from both versions. Besides I don't want to have to wait until like June to watch TROS at home on D+, that would be turrible.

24. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    My guess is that they'll be the Disney+ versions (wherein the OT has a few more tweaks).

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    And 100% all new transfers for the OT. Seems the new transfers for the PT were already used for the 2011 BluRays and the 3D releases, but it's possible those same transfers have been remastered to make the BluRays looked even better.