main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: The RPF Galactic Senate Game: A Galactic Alliance

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 19, 2022.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Emperor Fel
    Demurring

He regarded the Motions.

No Motions as of yet from the one caucus, which was going to slant matters, not for the better or worse. Democracy.

He regarded the two he did have, and paused, before speaking firmly. “We are in receipt of two Motions. We would place them on the screen.“ His tone was even.

“We would approve these for voting, save for one amendment.” A firmness to his tone as he held up a dispatch. “The Republic candidate for Chancellor has contacted me to confirm their intention to leave the Senate. But we note that political happenstances mean that one party remains dominant, and an election would be moot.” Kuat would have to elect another Senator, however.

“We would this appoint the honourable Senator from Nubia as Vice Chair, on the basis that the constitution shall henceforth state that the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor shall never be from the same officially recognised political party.” He bared his teeth. Making the loser of an election the Vice Chancellor bred cooperation, and inevitably members of one’s own political party would go astray and awry. “And then the Chancellorship would go to the honourable Senator of Bakura.”

“We will accept an amendment to the Motion, and a short debate in session.” His voice placed emphasis on the word ‘short’. “If this appointment is to be accepted, we shall appoint the Chancellor and dispense with an election. After the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor are in-place, the emergency powers maintained by the Emperor will be nullified, the crisis officially over.”

He glowered at the offered candidates for Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. He would see if they favoured power over progress. If not, the Emperor would place a firm strike against the Senators who caused issue and a second one would see him consider sending the Imperial Knights for a visit… as would be shortly be attending two Senators abodes with execution orders... Kuat and Atrisia would both need new representatives by the end of the day! He was also eyeing up a Hutt…

The Emperor would respect the Senate and it’s refusal of his drive to re-establish the Moff Council, but his presence would remain relevant for as long as he saw the need to tweak the stumblings of democracy. When they were strong enough to dictate to him, he would be able to retire, and his family would not be required to save the galaxy again and anew, to sacrifice their lives on the altar of peace.

An entire family tree that had suffered to put an end to the greater war between the Jedi and Sith. He would not allow the Alliance to create openings for conflict to arise anew.

“As to the second Motion,” his tone grew languid. “By all means, vote.” The Emperor hoped that his allowing a vote on his powers of patronage would alleviate concerns that he had arbitrarily appointed a Vice Chair.

If he was willing to reduce his personal power, surely they would see that he had a strong belief in his decision?

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Lady_Belligerent, @darthbernael, @HanSolo29, @Mitth_Fisto, @Adalia-Durron, @Silvertough, @DarthIshyZ

@TheAdmiral as I need a new Kuati Senator

AgentViper007 and Shadowsun have officially withdrawn from the game.

OOC: Please vote on the proposals for Chancellor and Vice Chancellor as amended, and otherwise for the motion to strip the Emperor of his power to appoint Moffs!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Motion 25,157.1.1

The appointment of the Senator of Bakura as Chancellor and the Senator of Nubia as Vice Chancellor.

Made by the Emperor (for which needs no second under the Emergency Powers bequeathed to him in the year 25,140)

For

Against

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motion 25,157.1.2 (Point Two)

The Galactic Senate,

Reaffirming that one of its most important roles is to promote and strengthen the voting rights of all sentient beings within the jurisdiction of the Galactic Alliance;
    Recalling the well documented history of corruption, federally mandated de jure violence and discrimination against non-human sentients, and general nepotism of the former Moff Council;
    Henceforth moves to strip the Emperor of his legal ability to appoint or create a system of Moffs.

For the purposes of this legislation:
    1. "Sentient" or "Sentients" refers to a species' ability to think intelligently, often determined by the being's ability to reason, speak, and manipulate tools. A species given the sentient definition is considered able to reason and understand abstract metaphorical concepts and ideas, make and use tools, and communicate with written or spoken language.
    2. "Moff" and "Moff Council" refers to a system of authoritarian governance characterized by individuals appointed by an Emperor or other centralized political position of power to command and rule a designated sector of the Galaxy. These individuals were not beholden to the whims of those they ruled, and could only be appointed or demoted by the Emperor themselves.

Firsted by Jerrec Vaklu of Onderon
    Seconded by Giancarla Olivetti of Kuat
    Thirded by
    Amethyst Ordgwal of Bakura
    Fourthed by Ish Kabibble of Ithor

For

Against

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    OOC: Gosh! You'd think Sinre was a lawyer or something...

IC:
    Senator Kabibble looked around the empty Senate chamber. A few Republican senators were in sight. He didn't see any Imperial senators. He hoped a few more would come in so they could at least get quorum.

He examined the two amended motions. They seemed reasonable enough. Though, he'd have to consider the first one a bit more. It seemed reasonable enough to have one of the leadership from each party. But we'd entered our motions first, and we're relegated to second? That rankled him a bit. But our chancellor candidate was withdrawing. It would be only natural to have the Imperial candidate take the open spot.

He sat back in the overly-comfortable chair to think a bit. Perhaps Senator Vaklu would have some thoughts. He picked up his pad and stated his deliberations in a long message. Just before he hit 'send,' he copied Senator Amethyst in the message.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @Silvertough, @Adalia-Durron

5. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Senator Jerrec Vaklu of Onderon
    Senate Floor

Vaklu was silent throughout the duration of the Emperor's speech, personally grateful that the Senator's stationed nearby couldn't hear the grinding of his teeth. Or rather, if they could, they at least at the decorum to keep quiet. His focus had remained locked upon the empty senatorial pod of the representative of Kuat. Was it the feeling of betrayal that had pierced his gut like a twisting knife? So much of his planning had revolved around Kuat's cooperation, with the representative having resigned, he was left with a simple, burning question : Now what?

An exasperated sigh escaped from Vaklu's lips as he sunk into his chair. This revelation left the Republican party in a dangerously fragile position. One that the Empire faction would undoubtedly attempt to exploit. His gaze fell to the datapad containing the two motions in front of his seat, a frown beginning to form. They now had one less guaranteed vote for his own proposed motion, which left its future up in the air.

He had come into the chamber today with the expectation to deliberate on the nature of the Chancellor and Vice Cancellorship, all with the hope that he could simply bull rush his bill into legislation. But now? Vaklu turned to look across the chamber, where he assumed the newly proposed Vice Chancellor would be seated. Graul was an unknown to him, his only knowledge of the man being that he had originally planned to join the Republic caucus.

Perhaps a moderate then? Vaklu stroked his thin goatee in thought. It was an unlikely gift. No, he fully expected the snake to twist Senator Ordgwal to serve his own ambitions, one way or another.

If I had known that Giancarla was to resign, I would have gladly accepted the nomination.. Vaklu thought bitterly. He would wait for a few more Senators to arrive before he cast his vote, although his mind was practically set in stone for the time being.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @DarthIshyZ , @Adalia-Durron, @HanSolo29

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Senator Ish Kabibble
    Walking and thinking

He was walking through the arboretum. While he enjoyed being able to see all the exotic flora (the corpse flower was especially interesting), it struck him that these Coruscanti had essentially caged up nature. He wondered if it was inherent in this species, these humans, to not like the outdoors. Ithorian society had been organized around the idea that Mother Jungle of Ithor was so precious, that even the inhabitants of the world, the Ithorians, had chosen to cage themselves. There were several "herdships" that all of Ithorian society lived on. These ships flew throughout the galaxy like cruise ships. He wondered how these humans would react to that.

A portion of his brain had been working on the vote, as well. He had a couple aids with him and his usual bodyguard. The aids were discussing the pros and cons of the two motions. It was certain he had chosen the right ones to come along, as the discussion got a bit heated at times. Once Ish had taken to separating them for a few minutes. They had discussed well. It had helped the Senator come to his decision. In the middle of a particular argument, he turned and said, "OK, good. Thank you both. I've made my decision." They knew better than to continue arguing. Once Senator Ish Kabibble had made his decision, it was final.

He turned back to the entrance and walked back to the car. That took the group back to Senate. He walked in by himself and cleared his throats.

"Senator Kabibble of Ithor votes aye on both counts." He seated himself and went pulled out his tablet waiting for others to vote.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @Adalia-Durron, @HanSolo29, @Lady_Belligerent, @Silvertough, others

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC: Amethyst Ordwgal and Aryan Graul (Thanks for the joint post @HanSolo29 !! )
    Bakuran Senator's Private Office

Senator Graul regarded the young Twi’lek with a measured gaze, his emotions safely guarded behind an impassive mask. “There was already an election,” he stated evenly, replying to her efforts to rationalize the Emperor’s decree. “But unfortunately, the Emperor decided not to play fair and threw the results.

"Typically, when one of the candidates forfeits their campaign and drops out of the race, the remaining candidate will run unopposed, which will award them the seat. So, in that sense, my party should've prevailed. I'm sure you're aware of that, and I'd be more than happy to relieve you of the 'burden' placed on your shoulders. That is the simple solution.

"Otherwise, things could get rather... complicated moving forward. Let me stress that this is only a cursory glance at the many violations that occurred throughout this process. If we cannot settle this amongst ourselves, they will be brought to light. I highly doubt someone as young as yourself, with a promising career ahead of her, would want to become the object of scorn in a fraudulent election."

Amy thought carefully, knowing where this man’s allegiances lie. “I have been nominated for this position, and regardless of my youth, I do plan to accept it. The way I see it, I can do more good where I am rather than behind the scenes and.” She paused, “I’d be grateful for your support and guidance in this.”

Aryan offered a tight smile, his eyes narrowing slightly. "I believe you missed the point, my dear. There is nothing to accept; the election was a sham. You did not win. You were on the ballot to serve as a running mate, not the nominee as Chancellor. Your candidate forfeited her position, which leaves you out in the cold. You can not step into her shoes and raise the banner merely because you feel it is your duty. The democratic process does not work that way. If you were to move ahead and install yourself as Chancellor, following along with the Emperor's false decree, you will become an accessory to a crime. I'm sure you don't want that."

Lowering his chin, he spread his hands amicably. "That's why I'm offering to help you. I don't want you to tarnish your dignity and reputation... especially so early in your career."

"Help? Or is it the potential you may not be the first choice here?" Amy questioned, "legal in your eyes or not, it has been decreed, and crime or not, I intend to use the position to my advantage and will not be undermined by those around me nor will I be led to believe my youth is a disadvantage." Looking away out a window Amy smiled. "My parents and grandparents were so very much younger than myself when they joined the Resistance and Rebellion, and by my age, they'd all done incredible things," she turned back, "I have every intention of continuing that legacy."

"If your legacy is rotting away in a jail cell, then of course," Aryan said firmly, waving his hand as if to dismiss her imprudence. "This is not about choice, Senator, nor is it about age. You are interfering with the course of law, and that will have consequences. The Emperor may have decreed this, but that does not make it legitimate. If you studied our statues, you would understand that. It's very telling that when faced with a fraudulent election your response is not to launch an investigation to ensure that our constituents have a fair outcome. Instead, you turn to your patriotic duty and offer a speech about moral obligations to justify your actions. Power over integrity, I guess? No wonder the Republic fell to corruption."

He issued a soft scoff and stood to leave. "I would like to remind you that I always keep my word, Senator. Everything will come to light. I do suggest that you prepare yourself for war."

Amethyst regarded the man coolly, allowing the well-learned art of sarcasm to slip in, “I appreciate your council and the rather negative way you portray me. Thank you. War you say?” A wry smile, “I was raised by warriors, I am always prepared for war. Take note, I too keep my word, I suggest you remember that Senator.........good day."

A sardonic grin pulled at the corner of Graul's lips, seemingly amused by her childlike naivety. She was a fool if she believed that she could overcome such a flagrant infraction of the law without any consequences. Fortunately for her—and the entirety of the Senate—he had the situation under control. She was about to learn a hard lesson about crossing an angry vornskr.

Leaving the room, Aryan slipped both hands into the pockets of his suit jacket in a casual manner—but it wasn't apparent that he had discreetly concealed a recording device there. Upon reaching the adjacent corridor, he toggled a switch to save his previous conversation with Senator Ordgwal to his personal datapad.

He had plans.

Big plans.

That thought brought another smile to his lips as he strode down the hall toward his quarters.

TAG @Sinrebirth, @DarthIshyZ , @Silvertough @HanSolo29, @darthbernael @Shadowsun @Dandelo ..........who'd I miss? :p

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Imperial Conference Room

Once the Imperial contingent had returned to their private quarters, Aryan rose to address them directly. “This was a fraudulent election,” he stated without preamble as he crossed his arms over his chest. He made no effort to hide his disdain, his expression grim.

“The votes were fairly even on both sides; it was impossible to know the outcome under the current circumstances. Plus, the Republican candidate withdrew herself from the running. Wouldn't it be prudent, as well as standard procedure, to install the remaining candidate—the last man standing, if you will—from the opposing party in the case of a forfeit? There was no need for the Emperor to interfere; there was no loser, despite what His Imperial Majesty claims.

“Let me remind you that he also retroactively changed the rules about having a representative from each Party as Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor. The Senate body was not made aware of that stipulation prior to the voting, therefore it should not be valid.”

Bellorum nodded her agreement. “The process was indeed a sham, it’s not our problem they selected a candidate that wasn’t up to seeing it through!”

Chuckles, leaning against the wall.

Well...it seems to me we could see the first motion one of two ways. The first being that the Imperial party was...humbled...by how the Emperor decided. The second...

A smile form's on Kigrael's face.

The second, we could see it that a younger, potentially impressionable candidate was placed in the position to be Chancellor with a wily older politician from our own faction placed as the one whose job is to assist and guide the Chancellor.

A chuckle comes from him.

As to the second motion, by all means, vote it down. The Republic Party only suggested it as a means to hamstring us and the Emperor

*turns to scrutinize the Anzati Senator under a hooded gaze*

Does this humor you, Senator? Are you suggesting that we concede and accept the results as given, despite clear signs of deception? Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning, but it certainly sounds as if you expect me to turn a blind eye to the Emperor's impropriety and play along with his charade. Do you have no intentions of contesting the outcome?

Chuckles again,

Oh, I didn't say that impropriety hasn't been done. Not at all. But this could turn into a major advantage for the Imperial systems. We run our own as we always have, keeping them prosperous. But, a situation such as this offers the opportunity to use the Republic Party to cause their own downfall.

Lifting his gaze, his deep blue eyes meeting those of Senator Graul,

Imagine a Republic Chancellor who you offer support to and 'guide'. They do not trust you and enact policies that are more detrimental to the galaxy while you gather evidence that you attempted to steer the Senate on a course that would benefit all. So when they, and by extension, the Republic Party proves a failure, you have all the evidence to swoop in as the savior of the galaxy and impose Imperial rule in all sectors.

Shrugging his shoulders, sitting back,

Or...at least that is how I saw it when the Emperor made his misstep.

Senator Graul inwardly cringed at the man’s incessant chortling, though he kept a thin smile firmly in place. While he didn’t care whether he provoked the man, there was a time and place for such tactics. At the moment, he only wanted to emphasize his point to his allies.

"Why go through such a lengthy and convoluted process when we have the answer right in front of us now?” Aryan drawled with a dismissive wave. “The Bakuran Senator is young and inexperienced; if she were to follow through with the Emperor's strategy and install herself as Chancellor, it will make her complicit in a crime. The constituents of this galaxy take election fraud very seriously, and once all the details come to light, she will not survive the scrutiny... not to mention the courts.

"It is not legal for her to simply step in and assume Senator Olivetti's responsibilities after she withdrew from the race. That is not how our democracy works. Ordgwal is merely the running mate. In order for her to run for Chancellor, she is required to go through the necessary channels and procedures to procure her party's nomination... like all qualified candidates. That process could take years; it's certainly too late to secure a spot for this term. That should've left the Imperial Party to run unopposed. The fact that we didn't secure the victory is proof enough of fraud.”

Aryan exhaled sharply with a slight scoff. "I took the liberty to reach out to Senator Ordgwal to discuss her options, and if we cannot agree on mutual terms, then it's clear where her priorities lie. We have no choice at that point... I intend to utterly destroy her."

Senator Tal stood.

“We must not forget Senator shish kebababble's 'annoyance' that they got their motion in first so deserve some kind of special privileges...pillars for democracy indeed...these—” her voice turned to one of dismissal, “...Republic senators are.”

“You, Senator Kigrael,” Bellorum turned to the Anzati, “seem to find this situation humorous, and I fail to see why.” She stood and walked over to stand with Graul, “I’m beginning to think we are all being played, Senator Graul. When the other side selected a chancellor candidate that didn’t have the fortitude to continue, and the vice-chancellor they selected wasn’t prepared to be left holding the bag? Maybe Kigrael is working for the other party?”

She shook her head slowly, “the notion that an Anzati wants Graul to babysit and nurture their candidate seems very suspicious. I thought your kind were loners.” Bellorum slammed her glass onto the table top, all glassware in the room then shattered.

Bell nodded in agreement at Senator Tal’s comments. “I do not support the Republic’s antics, this is on them and their poor choices. I shall back Senator Graul’s efforts.”

His bodyguards stirred as Kigrael's blue eyes bled into pure black ones, the smile fading into a neutral line on his face. He held up a hand to them, as he faced the two who had confronted him. "In a sense, yes there is humor. For one, if you recall what the Emperor said, he said 'We are in receipt of two Motions. We would place them on the screen.'. Which meant that his offer of Senator Graul to be the Vice was a polite bone to throw to us as it meant that he did not recognise that we made any nominations directly to the Senate."

His eyes flicked back and forth between Senator Graul and Senator Bellorum, ignoring the shards of glass that had sprayed around the room. "Of course he changed the rules of the game at his own whim, when has an Emperor not chosen to change the rules to suit them?" His eyes slowly begant o fade back to their piercing blue, "Tell me, who does this benefit, besides the Republic Party, for such chaos to have erupted among our own Party? Why," the corner of his mouth twitched up, in an almost smile, "the Emperor himself. Keeping us divided and at each other's throats keeps us fractured."

Sitting back, "Besides, the Motion that he presented about it was to have all the Senate vote whether to accpet his resolution as he stated or vote against it. Both of them actually. Which makes all these arguments moot anyway. If we all believe that the Motion he proposed was unjust, we do have the numbers over the Republic Party to vote it down. Which begs the question at that point," his eyes flicked to Senator Bellorum, "why would you be desiring to attempt to alienate one of your own Party when he simply has offered an alternative viewpoint to what was revealed, when unity is what is needed to stop the farce that the Emperor has created?"

He sighed, "So, the real question is, do we vote as a bloc against this Motion or do we vote individually or just continue fighting and let the Republic Party win the Motion by us failing, yet again, to present anything to the Senate by our votes or by presenting Motions?"

“First of all, why do you have guards in a committee meeting? That’s unacceptable and I request they be dismissed to wait outside, that’s where our guards await us. My own, Graul’s, and Tal’s are outside this room, it’s a breach of protocol for you to bring them here.

“Now, I’m not sure why you believe the Emperor did not recognize our nominations. I’ve confirmed with his staff and he insists that he did indeed accept our nominations.

“The issue is that the opposition candidate was a poor choice, and she walked away before the motions were even put to a vote. So the Emperor was forced to try and cobble together a solution, again a poor choice.

“As for me, I say we all vote against this mockery. Fighting? The only disagreement is over why you would suggest Senator Graul teach the young Republic candidate how to be Chancellor. That is absolutely unacceptable, and far from any reason to chuckle.”

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @Dandelo @darthbernael

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motion 25,157.1.1

The appointment of the Senator of Bakura as Chancellor and the Senator of Nubia as Vice Chancellor.

Made by the Emperor (for which needs no second under the Emergency Powers bequeathed to him in the year 25,140)

For

Ithor

Against

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004

The Galactic Senate,

Reaffirming that one of its most important roles is to promote and strengthen the voting rights of all sentient beings within the jurisdiction of the Galactic Alliance;
    Recalling the well documented history of corruption, federally mandated de jure violence and discrimination against non-human sentients, and general nepotism of the former Moff Council;
    Henceforth moves to strip the Emperor of his legal ability to appoint or create a system of Moffs.

1. "Sentient" or "Sentients" refers to a species' ability to think intelligently, often determined by the being's ability to reason, speak, and manipulate tools. A species given the sentient definition is considered able to reason and understand abstract metaphorical concepts and ideas, make and use tools, and communicate with written or spoken language.
    2. "Moff" and "Moff Council" refers to a system of authoritarian governance characterized by individuals appointed by an Emperor or other centralized political position of power to command and rule a designated sector of the Galaxy. These individuals were not beholden to the whims of those they ruled, and could only be appointed or demoted by the Emperor themselves.

Thirded by

For

Ithor

Against

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Emperor Fel V
    Well

They were arguing, which was no immense surprise, but it was bothersome.

But at present he had few votes in, and they were for the motion.

His mouth opened wide after the recess was over.

"All votes must be given. No abstains will be accepted at this stage."

His eyes loomed over those who seemed to be congregating in cliques eternally. "No Senator shall be allowed to leave this room unless they have given a vote." He turned to the dais, and pressed a finger into the board. Jamming began. "No comms will be accessible for the duration of this Session."

His voice was very, very stern.

He would not be Emperor of the Galaxy for another minute.

If they decided to crush his Motion, ignoring for a moment their own, he would turn even more tyrannical in his decision making process.

Some Senators were not even here, so he had to act with what he could.

TAG: @Silvertough, @HanSolo29 @Dandelo @darthbernael, @DarthIshyZ, @Adalia-Durron

OOC: I am not expecting immensely lengthy and flowery posts at this stage. As a halfway house between the RPF and SWC Senate games, it is more than acceptable to post a one liner, as if you are speaking, rather than a full blown discourse. No combos until the vote is completed, please. ;)

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Senator Tal stands.

The horror of having to stay in the chamber indefinitely horrified her to her core, the bar was going to close in one hour and she suffered from vertigo, the irony being Bellassa's position in the senate was high, near the top of the chamber in fact.

"In the interests of my people...I vote":

Motion 25,157.1.1

For

Ithor

Against

Bellassa

The Galactic Senate,

Thirded by

For

Ithor
    Bellassa

Against

13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

IC: Bellorum
    Senate Chambers

When it was her turn to cast votes, Bellorum stood solemnly, boots made soft taps as she took two steps forward.

“First, I would like to express disappointment on behalf of the people of Corellia. We come before our Emperor in good faith that he would conduct this election in a fair and unbiased fashion.”

Bell unclasped her hands and held them out to emphasize how passionately she felt on this matter. “I fail to understand why any system would support the election of a chancellor without any prior Senatorial experience. None! You could’ve selected a random person off the pedestrian walkways and called them Chancellor.”

Her head turned and she pointed to Aryan Graul, “there is the man who should be leading the Senate as Chancellor. As representative of the citizens of Corellia, I vote NAY to both motions.”

The Dark Lady then returned angrily to her seat.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amythyst Ordwgal.

Sitting silently Amethyst did not need to be a Force user to feel the clear hatred toward her from many of her fellow Senators. She wanted to tell them did know more than they thought, she'd been mostly raised in the Palace on Bakura and seen first hand the way her grandfather had handled politics and seen her own mother navigate them as well, she was no stranger to this world. Decorum and control was paramount here so slowly she stood.

"Today I vote on behalf of Bakura."

Motion 25,157.1.1

For

Ithor
    Bakura

Against

Bellassa

The Galactic Senate,

Thirded by

For

Ithor
    Bellassa
    Bakura

Against

With a slow nod she sat again, clasping her hands gently before her, politics was a game of patience.

TAG @Sinrebirth

15. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Senator Jerrec Vaklu

"And so it begins.." Vaklu grumbled, glancing towards the senatorial pod of the Correllian delegate. Her outburst had merit, as much as it pained him to admit. He had personally expected the Emperor to call for a new election after Giancarla's abrupt resignation. Not whatever this was. Unilaterally elevating Senators Ordwgal and Graul into the positions of Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor respectively would be seen as a power play, one that, after the Emperor stepped down, would be sure to embroil the Senate in a Constitutional crisis.

Somehow, neither party had gotten what they wanted. One last reminder of the power the Emperor had at his disposal. With this, the Empire party would undoubtedly have whatever ammunition they needed to stonewall any future legislation proposed by his own party.

With noticeable hesitation, Vaklu inputted his decisions into his datapad.

On both Motions, Onderon votes IN FAVOR.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    [​IMG]

IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Senate Chambers

Aryan sat in silence as he observed the proceedings, his expression an impassive mask. He felt the surge of satisfaction at Bellorum's candid speech, prompting him to subtly dip his chin to acknowledge her words. It was the only outward sign of emotion he would allow under the circumstances. He didn't want to tip his hand to either faction, especially when he was not entirely convinced of certain individuals on either side.

Nevertheless, he had his own agenda, and they would not stop him from seeing it through to fruition. Not even the Emperor was immune; if the man would not cooperate, then he would make his life a living hell.

With a hint of smirk flitting across his lips, Senator Graul cast his vote:

Motion 25,157.1.1 – NAY

Motion 25,157.1.2 (Point Two) – NAY

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @Lady_Belligerent; @Silvertough: @DarthIshyZ; @Dandelo; @darthbernael; @Adalia-Durron

17. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC:Kigrael
    Galactic Senate Chambers

Kigrael sat in the darkness of his pod, his brilliant blue eyes observing as the others cast their votes. He could feel the currents in the air, the cold, calculating political machinations of some of the others in the Imperial Party, the righteous feelings coming from many in the Republic Party, and then there was the Emperor…
    The one who ruled, for now, hid his emotions well but he too had a tension that seemed to surround him. Glancing over his shoulder at the ‘bodyguards’ he knew that the man could be ruthless in his pursuit of governance.

Motion 25,157.1.1

FOR

Ithor
    Bakua
    Onderon

AGAINST

Bellassa
    Corellia
    Nubia

FOR

Ithor
    Bellassa
    Bakura
    Onderon

AGAINST

Corellia
    Nubia

The screen of his datapad lit up with the current tally of votes, causing one eyebrow to arch. It had been left to him, or rather he’d chosen, to cast his votes last. Interestingly enough, no matter how he voted, the second Motion would pass with the current tally. Even more interesting was the fact that his had become the swing vote to decide the first Motion.

Looking up from the pad Kigrael let his gaze travel around the Senate chambers. The first he noticed was the female Senator from Bellassa, the way she had voted made him consider what the plan of a united front from the Imperial Party had caused. Continuing to observe, he looked briefly at the Senators from Corellia and Nubia, who had voted as they had decided in the separate chambers, who seemed to be presenting a united front.

The Republic Party Senators had voted exactly as he’d expected, all of them for both motions. He let his eyes rest on the Bakuran Senator for a moment, one hand rising, a talon tapping his chin, as he considered what he’d discussed when his Party had been discussing it. Finally, his gaze moved to the center of the chambers where the Emperor was waiting, his votes to be the last cast.

Leaning back, Kigrael looked more intently at the Emperor, a half smile crossing his face. He thought back to a discussion he’d had with the Circle before he’d come to take his place here. However…knowing what he’d seen of politics, he was sure what he knew would be denied.

His talon tapped his chin again as he looked at the list once more, considering every option available. But, it was time….

Motion 25,157.1.1 - Kigrael pressed the Against stud, making the vote 3 For - 4 Against.

Motion 25,157.1.2 (Point Two) - Kigrael once again pressed the Against stud, even though he knew the Motion would pass 4-3.

He sat back, awaiting the Emperor’s response to the Imperial Party deciding one of the issues and the Republic Party the other, both against his wishes.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @Dandelo, @Lady_Belligerent, @Adalia-Durron, @Mitth_Fisto, @DarthIshyZ, @Silvertough

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Secret, short, combo

Kybel Fervs’dra was not at the Senate at present.

Indeed, he hadn't appeared at the session that saw two motions given, and one rewritten by the fiat of the Emperor himself. It could be said that the Emperor was a tyrant, but his intent had been to be solely benevolent. Fels I, II and IV had all been such, and Fel III had only crossed that line at his very demise, and out of sheer desperation at that, facing eternal Sith rule.

But why Kybel?

The first sign he would have of issue, was, monstrously, as he went to leave his quarters.

The door didn't open. The controls on showed, on the inside of the dura-alloy, that it was locked.

The moment he went to reach for the console, a blade emerged from it -

A lightsaber, the tip timed to burst through when the door beeped to affirm it was locked to the Bothan.

Did he lose a hand?

Was he mortally wounded already?

Screeching an obscenity he withdrew his out-stretched hand. It was mutilated straight down the middle, two fingers missing. Not cut, not falling like mishandled kebobs on the ground, they were vaporized by the blade and his his oozing V of a remaining hand was worse than useless as it oozed vital fluids.

Turning he ran. He knew it was foolish as he tried to rush to the panic room. It wasn't going to stop a lightsaber. He was not cherished that highly yet. He had not earned such protections, and yet he ran. For he with the smell of his own burnt fur, seared flesh, and oozing blood - what better time to use a panic room?

The door began to bend, and no alarm sounded. Disabled?

The panic room wasn't far away, but it would give him a chance, maybe -

There was a groan, and the door flew past his ear, whisking by the skin, as it slammed into the other side of the room -

Kybel could feel the burning rent of torn flesh and of hair yanked free with the fire of exposure and pulled roots dulled by the rush of fear that suffused his personage. Though he never would of admitted it. Turning he continued to stumble towards the safe room even as he knew he wouldn’t make it.

Why? Because if he was to die he at least wanted to enter the afterlife knowing whom was responsible. Some semblance of secret in his possessions that would comfort him.

The hum of the blade closed, incredibly fast, buzzing in his ear.

There was a sensation of fire from his midriff, and then his perspective showed his lower body standing a moment before he slammed to the floor. It was a man in the crimson armour of an Imperial Knight, his blade burning blue as it returned to his hand...

His hood was up.

Pain.

"W~hy" he weakly sighed as he stared at that visage. It was all he could manage. How he died would be obvious if he was left.

But who?

Why?

None could swear oaths of vengeance without knowing that. Maybe, just maybe one of his paranoid recording devices would pick up the answer, would be found, and he could be avenged.

TAG: Inquisitive Minds

Here be Monsters!

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Emperor Fel V
    Incandescent

Anger made red of his gaze, and for a moment the Emperor entertained notions of igniting his lightsaber and cutting the Senate down.

Instead, he released a breath, and his frustration, into the Force.

The podium he stood upon was central to the Senate chamber, and he knew that the way the various alliances and allegiances stacked up that the wider percentages of votes would reflect the actions of exactly six Senators. So when he saw the last vote of those six cast by Kigrael to destroy him... he had to keep his expression as firm as possible, because all of them could see him, from multiple angles - nearly a full 360 degree coverage.

"So be it," his voice intoned. "The Motion to appoint a leadership from the two groups has failed, and the Senate has opted to lessen my powers."

The Emperor seethed. "As such I remain both executive and I am weakened notwithstanding." His lips firmed. "And as your Emperor I intend to exercise my emergency powers and I hereby appoint in lieu of a Chancellor and Vice Chair a Supreme Moff and a Vice Moff -"

The uproar was to be expected, even before he named which of the two Senators of the Six -

But the explosions at the bottom of the Chancellor's tower were not.

They were far enough below that there was a slight tremor to the Chamber before the central plinth began to tip, and he gathered the Force beneath his feet and leapt, landing in the same Senate Pod as Senator Bellorum -

The central plinth toppled, swinging towards the Senate Pod of Amethyst -

And suddenly the outer doors to the Senate swung open, as if reprogrammed -

And a motley array of irregular fighters charged in to the Observing Platform where the lobbyists usually stood, all sporting an old uniform that Fel nonetheless recognised -

[​IMG]

The Resistance?

There had to be a hundred fighters -

A grenade clattered loudly in the pod of Jerrec Vaklu -

Blaster fire poorly aimed in the direction of the Emperor, a simple massed burst of weaponry, first tracked Senator Tal by accident -

The Ithorian pod was suddenly detonated from the wall, and sent tumbling -

TAG: @HanSolo29, @Dandelo, @Lady_Belligerent, @Adalia-Durron, @DarthIshyZ, @Silvertough

OOC:
    This impacts all bodyguards, Senators, lobbyists. Singles, please.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  20. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Senator Ish Kabibble
    A long post for a long wait...

After he cast his vote, he waited. Waited. Waited. And got annoyed. This is why we're considered worthless, folks, he thought. Senators were asked to do something, make their positions known, and then they shirked their responsiblities. Likely somewhere with their nose up a special-interest's butt, either literally or figuratively.

He looked around at his pod. Newly redesigned, he noticed. That meant it had all the latest improvements. He noticed one device that would be helpful here. He pressed a button and a drone popped up carrying a monitor. He could keep this near him as he went to more comfortable environs. Possibly even got a snack. Not hard for a vegetarian. He could pull the leaves off a bush if worse came to worst. He got up and exited his pod, leaving the deafening silence at his back.

The drone monitor showed him the view from his exact pod, so he could keep up on precisely what he wanted to. He walked back to his offices, nodded to his staff, all respectably hard at work. He was handed several pieces of flimsi and a padd from his secretary. Signatures and edits of pending legislation. He threw those under his arm and walked into his office.

The office of an Ithorian was appropriately full of greenery. Though, less greenery than he'd like. What he really wanted was to go out of the building entirely. Though he'd just come back from the arboretum, so that wouldn't be looked on favorably.

The drone landed on the senators desk and plugged in to recharge. His secretary brought in a plate with some light food and some tea for him to recharge. While he waited, seemingly endlessly, he finished the paperwork in front of him and the food. He was sitting back in his chair enjoying his tea.

The acting Emperor Fel had issued a "reminder" to his fellow Senators, so they finally got the picture. The votes finally started coming in. He watched in disappointment as the votes fell along party lines. He put his head in his hands and sighed. He'd heard someone say once, "...people in power have a vested interest to oppose critical thinking." (OOC: Carl Sagan) He was very disappointed. If the galaxy wanted peace, that means people would have to work together. The other side, obviously, doesn't want either.

Emperor Fel, also looked ticked off. He looked almost angry. Scratch that. Ish used the controls on the monitor to zoom in. The Emperor was angry, though he was trying mightily to not show it. He delivered a scathing rebuke of everyone. He then stated he was going to replace the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor with a Moff and a Vice Moff. Ish's first reaction was annoyance, but that was replaced with humor. You guys think it couldn't get worse? It just got worse. And you have yourselves to thank for it.

*BOOM*

His attention was drawn back to the monitor. He zoomed back out and saw the chaos start. Senator Kabibble jumped up, grabbing the monitor. He ran out of his offices, down the hallway and angled back toward his pod. He was just about to enter it when it exploded, too. The barricade that was designed to go up when a pod was hovering towards the middle, popped up and caught Ish in the stomach. "Ooff!" he let out as he was shoved back into the hallway. The Ithorian pod was now trash in the bottom of the Senate Chambers. He looked at the monitor, it had a firm view of the ceiling, but was cutting in and out as the pod lost power.

Senator Ish Kabibble had just survived an assassination attempt, it appeared. He scrambled up and ran back to his offices, hooves pounding the marble floors. Once inside his staff office, he pressed a button to seal the doors. Was he safe?

Tags: Everyone

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

IC: Bellorum
    Senate Chambers

The whole process of voting had gone on for so long that a few less hardy beings had drifted out of the chambers. Bell was determined to stick it out, but with very little happening, she’d resorted to browsing fashions on her datapad.

Beyond shopping, she couldn’t help but study Aryan Graul in her peripheral vision. She had found him appealing when they’d first met at the Temple, but she’d felt his animosity towards her. Bell would never woo a man, but she wasn’t opposed to using a powerful one as a means to get what she wanted. Aryan was different though, he seemed to bring out unfamiliar feelings in her.

Finally, the Emperor spoke and sounded quite unhappy. Bell sincerely hoped he would voice her ire at the Republic party, this whole debacle was completely their fault. How did some of these Senators even get elected when they should probably have a nanny watching out for them.

With a sigh, she’d tucked her datapad away seconds before the explosions hit, and Fel leapt to Bellorum. She quickly stepped in front of the Emperor, shielding him from the blaster fire that seemed likely to miss its mark, but Bell took no chances.

“This is clearly a Republic ploy to press their agenda, Your Majesty,” Bell said to the man she was protecting. “The Empire won’t be intimidated by their obvious tactics.”

She gave Aryan Graul a mental nudge, help me protect the Emperor.

“The Empire is far more powerful than the Republic, Graul and I will see you to safety, Sir.”

Tag: @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

22. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Senator Tal: quite a bit tipsy now jumped from her pod and landed several metres into a pod below her to save herself from the blaster fire
    "don't panic, there is no need for alarm!" she said crawling under a seat.
    looking around her she sees a discarded blaster in the pod, it must have fallen from....somewhere, she concluded,
    "die assassin and traitor!" she stands and starts randomly shooting.

[​IMG]

23. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Movement of @Adalia-Durron's second PC done with her permission. GM approved attack on the Resistance fighters.

IC: Kigrael
    Galactic Senate Chambers

He suspected it was coming but when Kigrael felt the sudden spike of anger and then it dissipating into the Force a crooked smile crossed his face. He knew how his final vote would affect things and it had done exactly as he’d thought it would. The entire Senate, not just one party, now had the Emperor’s ire.

Sitting straight in his seat, he nodded as the Emperor began to speak. The sudden chaos was not anticipated in his calculations and he slipped back into the shadows of his seat as events began to play out. Black began to suffuse his blue eyes as he saw and felt the explosion, saw the Emperor leap to the pod that contained Senator Bellorum, heard the creak and groan as the central spire began to fall toward the pod of the Bakuran Senator.

Behind him he caught the faintest whisper of noise as his bodyguards shifted. A noise, just at the edge of his own acute hearing, told him they had received a comm message. He knew that to be fact when the two of them loomed on either side of his seat, as armed beings flooded the Observing Platform

“The Emperor demands that you fulfill the commitment your people made.” One gestured towards the platform where the crowds and lobbyists were milling about, the fighters beginning to encircle them. “Rid him of these pests.”

Kigrael smiled coldly, ”He wishes me to remove minnows?” his tone was cold, bored, ”As he wishes…”

Standing, he loosened his dress coat, his eyes now fully black as he glanced at his minders. Stepping to the edge of his pod the heavy disc flexed as he leapt off of it. In the same moment he seemed to vanish into thin air.

The leap carried him up and over the lip of the Observing Platform. Landing silently among the beings, he immediately ducked as several of the crowd were mowed down by random blaster bolts that came from the pod of Senator Tal. Moving at a crouch, using the bodies as cover, he slipped through the crowd.

Invisibility did not mean that he was immune to blaster fire and, as the Resistance fighters began to return fire, several bolts singed his clothes and left score marks on his leg. The first pair of the fighters were easily dispatched, coming up behind each, snapping their necks before spinning them into the path of blaster fire.

After the second, however, the fighters were suspicious and began firing at any random movement. A growl slipped through his clenched teeth as a bolt went through his side, just above his liver analogue. Talons slipping out, he slashed the throats of the next closest fighter when he saw a pair of lobbyists working their way through the crowd.

His voice seemed to come out of thin air by Jaxras’s ear, ”Hang on…” Wrapping his arms around Ellias, Jaxras felt hands grab him roughly and fling him into the air. He held fast to his wife as they tumbled, landing on a pod with a pair of Imperial Knights. The Knights grabbed them both, pulling them behind their armored form as blaster fire continued to fill the air.

Glancing up, Jaxras saw fighters scrambling on the balcony, as they continued to fall, some injured and some dead, to a foe they couldn’t even see. With his arm around Ellias he stayed low as they headed out of the exit at the back of the pod, into the relative quiet outside the Senate chambers. ”We need to see if our niece needs help.” he said quietly, turning to head around the ring corridor to find Amy.

Inside, Kigrael was enjoying himself, he hadn’t let loose like this in quite a while. This structured, political, environment didn’t allow for the particular cut and thrust he enjoyed but now…

He was picking up minor wound after wound as he raced back and forth on the Observation Platform, there were so many of the fighters that had appeared and he couldn’t take them all himself, not quickly, and not all at once. So he fought on, waiting for others to organize to assist in ending this threat.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @Dandelo (Mentioned), @Lady_Belligerent (Mentioned), @Adalia-Durron (Mentioned), @Mitth_Fisto, @DarthIshyZ, @Silvertough

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    Sinrebirth and Silvertough like this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amethyst Ordwgal - Peril

She'd lost, but part of her knew the Imperial members would sooner sacrifice democracy than have her as a leader of any kind. She tried not to react, standing tall and stoic as she'd learned to do when an explosion rang out around the auditorium. Flinching visibly Amy's attention was immediately drawn to the central plinth as it began to fall, toward her. Instincts kicked in, the survival kind as she backed out, toward the entrance to the pod. Slamming her hand against the door controls she threw herself face down outside the senate chamber to the floor as the plinth crashed into the space she'd only moments before had been standing. Laying face down, her hands over her lekku as debris and dust crashed through the door way, Amy could hear blaster fire. Once again her instincts were working as she reached for her hip, but she'd been relieved of her weapon long before she'd even gotten to the senate floor. Getting to her hands and knees she began to frantically crawl with escape being her only desire.

TAG @Sinrebirth

25. Silvertough

Aug 19, 2018
    OOC: Don't play with grenades kids [face_shame_on_you]

IC: Jerrec Vaklu

Rage propelled him up from his seat. He dared exercise his emergency powers? As if in slow motion, the Onderonian senator thrust his finger out towards the Emperor, the exclamation of "Tyrant!' barely lifting from his tongue the moment the lower chamber doors were flung open. A companies worth of soldiers poured inside, armed and furious.

It was but mere coincidence that their sudden appearance had matched Jerrec's accusation so perfectly.

He doubted history would see it that way.

Such considerations blinded him to the immediate truth of the matter. They were all in grave danger. A fact which crystallized the moment a grenade plinked into Jerrec's pod and rolled between his feet. There wasn't enough time to think, Jerrec simply lept, bringing his arms up to protect his face.

A beat later, and he was tumbling, bloodied and broken from his pod, red hot shards of molten shrapnel having pierced their way into into pliant flesh. Raw agony, mixed with a healthy dose of shock, held his tongue. He landed hard. How far he had fallen was irrelevant. Something had broken. His legs were numb. No, worse than numb. If they were numb, he could at least rationalize that they were still there, still real. Now, there was simply nothing.

His hands reached out, grasping and clutching for anything nearby, It was wet. Everything was so wet. Had the fire suppression systems kicked in? That would explain what he was feeling. Unless.. Unless they had been taken out as well?

A choked gasp finally forced it's way through Jerrec's bloodied lips, and then another, and another. Pure agony, but the sweet taste of oxygen was worth the struggle. Grabbing hold of something, Jerrec tensed, using what little strength he could muster to pull himself away from where ever he was.

He couldn't stay here. Here was dangerous. Help.. He needed to find help.

TYRANT.

The word echoed around his skull. Yes.. This was the Empeor's fault.. This was a coup d'état.. Had to be..

Oh.. Why was everything so.. wet..

Tag: @Sinrebirth (Everyone else :) )